OP 1048: Luffy can use Ryou to overpower blasts which he can't tank.

Goku33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kaido becomes an Island sized fire dragon in latest chapter-

No Caption Provided

Onigashima's horn melts just by Kaido's tail passing through-

No Caption Provided

Luffy can't even touch Kaido now-

No Caption Provided

Kaido even says he will vaporize Luffy-

No Caption Provided

So, its safe to assume Luffy can't tank Kaido's heat, and will get vaporized if he "touches" Kaido.

But then we get Hyogoro flashback-

No Caption Provided

Via flashback, Luffy is implying that he doesn't need to touch Kaido, or whatever else Kaido throws at him (blasts).

And then this happened-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luffy can't feel the heat of Kaido's flames, since he isn't touching Kaido's flames (because of Ryou).

I have seen many threads like Luffy can't tank Mountian sized/ Island sized destruction and whatever, but Luffy doesn't need to tank it. He can just repel the blast itself via Ryou. Similar to how Luffy isn't tanking Kaido's flames but repelling it.

Its the same as Kamehame clash in DBZ, whoever applies more strength to his attack (punch/blast) wins. So, the temperature of Kaido's blast is irrelevant here (again, Ryou at work).

"but he didn't repel Blast Breath/ or Boro Breath" - Luffy didn't know the proper use of Ryou back then, hence the Hyogoro flashback now!

What does CV think?

Zeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Kaido the size of the entire Onigashima Island now?????

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeds said:

no, he's still smaller than the skull as you can see in the panel

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eazy_Pezy
@zeds said:

He is longer than the width of the island if stretched out. His width is a little under that of the horns.

Zeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeds said:

I'm so confused now

Last chapter the same attack Luffy is about to use was bigger than the skull if not bigger than the island and in this panel Kaido's head is the same size of the attack

Kaido and Luffy in the beginning of this chapter:

No Caption Provided

**Over here**Luffys attack last chapter: almost the same size of the island and Kaido looks puny next to it

No Caption Provided

and now in the recent chapter you can clearly see Luffy next to his attack and their smaller than the dome now.

Size scaling sucks

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eazy_Pezy
@zeds said:
@hydratedfubuki6 said:
@zeds said:

I'm so confused now

Last chapter the same attack Luffy is about to use was bigger than the skull if not bigger than the island and in this panel Kaido's head is the same size of the attack

Kaido and Luffy in the beginning of this chapter:

No Caption Provided

**Over here**Luffys attack last chapter: almost the same size of the island and Kaido looks puny next to it

No Caption Provided

and now in the recent chapter you can clearly see Luffy next to his attack and their smaller than the dome now.

Size scaling sucks

Luffy's attack didn't get smaller if you're trying to compare the two scans you posted. He is just compressing his fist in the first scan or the beginning of the next chapter which makes it seem smaller. As for Kaido, he appears larger because he is in an avatar(like a Susanoo)

No Caption Provided

And about Luffy being visible next to his attack, that inconsistency is normal for manga with the aim being emphasis on the characters. Plus mangas are usually very inconsistent with sizes, nothing new.

Zeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: Bruh I didn't notice Kaido's real dragon form inside that, I thought he just grew bigger or Luffy got smaller

Thanks for correcting me and answering my question :)

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeds: No problem. I'm seeing that many fans have yet to notice this so I'm just spreading the word.