shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shirso

Spoilers for latest One Piece chapters.

Is it possible, however tinfoil, that Katakuri is a future Straw Hat?

He is already stuck on the 1000 Sunny, with no obvious means of returning to WCI for one.

I feel Oda has bigger plans for Katakuri as a character than to be just another menacing super strong bad guy.

Can the plot progress roughly like this:

Dogtooth somehow ends up in Wano with the SH's, where its revealed that he has major bad blood with Kaido's crew (maybe he did something really nasty to one of the Calamities or even Kaido himself back in the day or something). Kaido puts a huge bounty on his head. This leads to an uneasy alliance of sorts between him and the SH's.

As Wano progresses, Katakuri's backstory gets slowly revealed (giving us more information on Big Mom's own past in the process), and we find that he is a much more layered character than we previously thought, nor is his relationship with Big Mom all candy and rainbows (maybe Katakuri is a bastard son of Mama).

Finally, at the climax of Wano, after the SH's are heavily wounded from taking on Kaido, Mama shows up for Luffy's head. Cue Katakuri's face turn, standing up to Mama in a totally badass way, while saving the entire crew. Some tsundere shenanigans later, and we have a brand new SH !

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shirso

@valor_175: No, Caesar is just borderline irredeemably evil. But I do wonder when he will show up next. Most likely Wano, which is probably going to be a royal rumble of sorts, bringing back a lot of past significant characters into the fray.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Dogtooth is the final boss for Luffy this arc. Carrot and Jimbei will become straw hats in the end. I kinda expect Luffy to make peace with Big Mom and get her help taking down Kaido. That's what I hope, at least.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: Big Mom becoming an ally so early in the New World is anti climactic tbh. Luffy needs to prove that he can challenge Yonko on his own. Big Mom might become an ally eventually, but not until the final war imo.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Katakuri for Strawhat has been a running joke in the fandom since his introduction. katakuri is too competent to be on either crew tho.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shirso: Luffy has mentioned a few times that he wants the Big Mom pirates to fight under him, hasn't he? I always kinda felt like that was foreshadowing something, and the fact that he's fighting Dogtooth right now instead of Big Mom feels like she isn't the final boss yet because Luffy simply isn't on her level. She could be the reason he gets there if they become friends, though.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda:Having an Yonko as an ally at this early stage takes away the tension imo. I want the Strawhats to beat Kaido on their own, with only Supernova lvl allies.

I don't have a problem with Luffy and the BM pirates being allies, but that should happen only EoS, in the final war, at a point where Luffy is strong enough to beat a Yonko 1v1

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Even if he doesn't join the crew, I do feel that Oda has something cool in store for Katakuri. He has gone out of his way to make him and Bege the standout characters of this arc, a side character generally doesn't get so much screen space unless Oda has plans for them.