#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Omega the Unknown Respect thread. Talk about a Unknown character in Marvel comics hahaha. Omega the Unknown is one of the most unique and crazy comic character concepts Marvel ever had. With tons of history to it. I remember as a young kid, I inherited tons of comics from a older cousin of mine. Son of Satan, Defenders, Man Called Nova, and Omega the Unknown. I loved them all, though my taste drifted to more indie comics past dozen years. Recently though I kind of rediscovered Omega all over again. I always thought there would be more comics than the ones I had, but NOPE! Turns out my 10 issues and 2 Defenders tie ins was all there was lol. Till recently in 2007 with another 10 issue mini series. Here is a good history lesson on the original Omega the Unknown.

No Caption Provided

http://comicsalliance.com/omega-the-unknown-retrospective/

Omega the Unknown then got something of a reboot miniseries recently as well. A very strange series that is very artsy in execution. Winning awards.

No Caption Provided

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/reviews/when-marvel-went-weird-omega-the-unknown-review/

Either way, Omega the Unknown was always consider a comic out of time. The precursor to DC's famous Vertigo comics by the master mind of Howard the Duck. Now onto the respect thread.

No Caption Provided

Bio

The only bio I could find on the guy lol. Explains the whole classic story for the most part.

No Caption Provided

Strength

Omega the Unknown was shown to be very strong.

No Caption Provided

Official bio states he is a confirm 10 toner.

No Caption Provided

Tied in dozens of thick steel chains, Omega breaks free easy.

No Caption Provided

Electro attaches these thick nacles that emit electric jolts to sap Omega's strength. Omega breaks them.

No Caption Provided

Omega lifts and smashes a energy artillery cannon.

No Caption Provided

Omega punches to splinters a thrown newsstand.

No Caption Provided

Omega plows through a army of Protar soldiers trying to drag him down and subdue him from the top floor all the way to the bottom floor without ever being subdued.

No Caption Provided

Omega kicks down a inches thick steel door to Tony Starks warehouse.

No Caption Provided

Stops dead a large speeding car.

Durability

Omega was very durable to explosive, energy, and blunt forces. However, blades and bullets will kill him.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

The Mink's shockwave is powerful enough to shred the backside of a large metal android, and kill the Mink at the same time. Omega gets hit directly in the side, but keeps going.

No Caption Provided

Thrown by Hulk with enough force to crush a vendor stand. Gets right back up.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Blockbuster is a powerful super villain who beat on Captain America. Omega tanks several severe blows from him and continued to shrug them off. Then Omega and Blockbuster in the same fight falls 100s of feet with skyscraper material landing on them. Both keep at it.

Omega withstands Nitro's explosive shock wave, and then has a warehouse fall on him. He is injured but never KOed. In fact he had trouble breathing and suffocating with the debris on him till he blast it off.

Omega is attacked by Nitro who mistake him for Captain Marvel. Nitro using his higher end explosive attacks, and omega is not KOed.

No Caption Provided

Omega blows up a multi story building with him at the center of the blast. This does not kill him, but Omega is crippled and weak till the end of his days after this.

Weakness

As powerful as he was, Omega was still vulnerable to being stabbed or shot to death like the next human.

No Caption Provided

Shot in the shoulder.

No Caption Provided

The claws and teeth of these attacking cats were harming Omega greatly.

No Caption Provided

At the end of the series, Omega was shot and killed by cops unloading revolvers into his back as Omega attempted to make the real villain give back the stolen property.

Speed

Omega is peak human in speed.

No Caption Provided

Omega predicting and side stepping a Protar soldiers energy beam.

No Caption Provided

In the middle of fighting is able to dodge point blank energy beams from Protar soldiers.

No Caption Provided

Omega dodging and running through multiple energy beams from the protar soldiers.

No Caption Provided

Omega dodges and reacts to the ambush fire of several Protar soldiers.

Skill

While not the most skilled fighter ever, Omega is however a super skilled character. Mastering martial arts of his homeworld, and soldier of much experience against a advanced alien race. He also has this ability to tactfully think through situation. A analyzer of the highest order.

No Caption Provided

Stated highly train in Sreneskian fighting.

No Caption Provided

Omega was stated to be the best warrior of his planet and received the honor of the first person to wield the Biosphere energy.

No Caption Provided

In battle with the magical empowered Gato, narrator states how Omega was easily able to discern the strengths and weakness of character like Hulk and Electro in their short fights. Omega is stated to understand something is different right away between a being of science creation and one who uses magic though Omega never encounter magic before this.

No Caption Provided

Gato even compliments how quickly Omega learns and adapts even to magical tricks.

No Caption Provided

Omega stated to be so train and in tune with his body, that drinking for the first time in his life throws him off completely.

No Caption Provided

Perfect example throughout his short series how well he fights. Omega plots every move in advance, and shows super awareness of his environment to minimize any damage in combat.

Pain Tolerance

Along with being super skilled Omega is also able to focus out pain completely, and push his body to the maximum effort.

No Caption Provided

As noted by Michael who shares the pain and physical connection with Omega, when Omega was shot, the pain from a gun shot wound is pushed down and diminish in seconds.

No Caption Provided

Stated again that Omega suppresses pain during his fight with Hulk till the fight was won.

No Caption Provided

Fresh with a battered body from Hulk, and now suffering electrical shocks that seize his muscles, Omega pushes the pain aside to break free.

Super Leaping

Omega's main form of travel is leaping. He cannot fly, but can jump large buildings in a single bound.

No Caption Provided

Omega leaping across the city.

No Caption Provided

Omega jumping over city skyscrapers.

No Caption Provided

Omega speed with jumping is fast enough to cover 1000s of feet of distance before this woman hits the water.

Psionic Blasts

The main power of Omega is the very ability that his home planet gave to him. His energy blasts which at their peak can destroy a planets surface. Thought this has consequence and only when the power is out of control.

No Caption Provided

As explain the Biospheric Energy of the planet, the stated planets life force is tapped to make these Psionic Blasts work.

No Caption Provided

Omega can focus these blasts on one or two foes. Directing the blats of each hand.

No Caption Provided

Omega's blasts can also affect ghost and spirits.

No Caption Provided

Omega wipes out several Protar soldiers in a blast.

No Caption Provided

Omega disintegrates a ca and the energy blasts through to stun Blockbuster.

No Caption Provided

Omega blasts off the tons warehouse rubble in a large explosion.

No Caption Provided

Biospheric Blasts take out a building size Flying Saucer.

No Caption Provided

Biospheric blasts takes down the powerful Asgardian Valkyrie in one shot.

No Caption Provided

Omega stalemates Electro's own energy blasts, and Electro stun Hulk with these blasts earlier before the full recharge he has here.

No Caption Provided

Omega's blasts destroy a several floor high building, and left a smoldering crater.

No Caption Provided

When fully unleashed, the Psionic Blasts of Omega can wipe out all life on the surface of a planet.

Famous Battles

Since he is only 10 issues long and so obscure, here is the great battles of his classic days.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Issue one has the whole battle scene of Omega taking on the Protar army by himself, escaping the planet, and saving his only kin on earth from assassination.

Omega facing Hulk and slows Hulk down, only for Electro to interupt stunning both heroes.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Still suffering from the past Hulk fight, and now being tortured by Electro, Omega breaks free to track the Protar and Electro duo down. Once found Omega easily crushes the Protar soldier and then stalemates Electro till a bystander helps.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In his next big fight, Omega faces the magic wielding El Gato. El Gato's magic and super human abilities prove to much to Omega who never seen magic.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

The very same day, Omega begins to ponder and understand the natur of magic while pursuing El Gato. When confronted again, Omega wins with ease.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Omega stalemate Blockbuster who had gave Captain America hell before hand.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12

Omega faces his worst foe ever in Nitro who nearly kills Omega.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Omega is still sore from his previous battle with Nitro, and in this fight is also holding back from killing Blockbuster, due to trying to collect reward money. With this context, Omega was able to match Blockbuster again till Foll Killer interfered and killed the Omega's bounty.

Omega decimates with ease a short live enemy of the Defenders name Dibbuk. He had super strength and a elastic body.

Well that was my thread, and I hope you all liked it. Omega the Unknown was a unique character, and one of the best things out of comics in the 70s as short lived as it was. The remade series from 2007 is not as good action wise, but plays on the same story telling beats and plots of the original classic, and makes for interesting reading. Omega the Unknown may be gone, but he is not forgotten.

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: @beatboks1: @lvenger: @cosmicallyaware1: @boschepg: @nickzambuto: @jashro44: @higorm: @killerwasp: @wyldsong: @tparks: @floopay: @allstarsuperman: Since you guys are some of the oldest cats I know, tag for this very special respect thread of mine. This character is one of the few that really got me hardcore comic collecting and reading, and its also ironic as shit this character is obscure, and unknown, much like my taste for most of my favorite comic characters lol. So this comic series describes my tastes perfectly. Enjoy.

#3 Posted by Amendment50 (15461 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least the name is appropriate.

Nice work Cadence.

#4 Posted by boschePG (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I have is issue 1 and the Defenders issues too. He pretty much was autistic. A first in comics

#5 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I have is issue 1 and the Defenders issues too. He pretty much was autistic. A first in comics

Autistic? How you figure lol?

#6 Posted by Killerwasp (17449 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: holy crap never even heard of him damn nice respect thread!

#7 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: holy crap never even heard of him damn nice respect thread!

Well that is because he is Omega the UNKNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNN!

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by Wyldsong (9758 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Owie (7185 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: i know I commented on the first thread lol.

Yeah, I lost my comics of Omega growing up, but it is collected in one trade paper back.

#11 Posted by Owie (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I lost my comics of Omega growing up, but it is collected in one trade paper back.

Yeah, I followed you here from that thread. Figured if anyone was ever going to comment on those battles, it was after reading this. Glad you did it, I was sort of building up a set of scans for Omega but was waiting to be more complete.

#12 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Yeah, I followed you here from that thread. Figured if anyone was ever going to comment on those battles, it was after reading this. Glad you did it, I was sort of building up a set of scans for Omega but was waiting to be more complete.

Glad you liked it.