• 148 results
#51 Posted by Light1150 (566 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why fans here like "not muh superman" from what I read from reactions, he is the superman everyone know from the comics.

#52 Posted by deltahuman (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

He doesn't defeat Steppenwolf alone. But his powers do aid in defeating him. Writing more would be spoiling. There were two other things to do, saving civilians and something with the Mother Box. I won't spoil what. The whole league does the work. What is actually established is that Superman is the big gun of the League. Besides, Steppenwolf was powerful himself. The league had trouble without Clark because they not only had to defeat Steppenwolf but do other significant stuff.

#53 Posted by Azooz_king (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: i doubt hes as powerful as doomsday since its mentioned that steppenwolf survived a fight with doomsday and surviving usually means they were getting their ass kicked before they escape its like how people survive from being mauled by an animal

i think he meant the Original Doomsday the First Deformity

#54 Posted by Marishtar (966 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Eh, I've always considered him stronger than the League.

Me not, not even close.

The League exists because Superman can't be everywhere at once and they're all heroes in their own rights.

That is absolutely not my describtion of the league, except the latter part.

But outside of MM, I think we all agree Supes is the strongest

Theoretically yeah(besides some unbound Flashes maybe), but GL, WW Flash and maybe even AM should be all close(yeah i know that DC screwed that often enough up) to him.

and yes, can beat them all put together.

I wholeheartly disagree and that should absolutely never be the case at all.

#55 Posted by Farkam (10526 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

Well there goes the talk about WW being able to hang with Superman.

Well in the comics she has been able to put up a better fight anyway. I wonder if they will treat captain marvel the same way, when he begins his silver screen journey. After all, it seems like they want Superman as the most powerful hero. And CM and WW are 2 of the heros that are compared to him the most.

Good dog.

#56 Posted by Marishtar (966 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

He doesn't defeat Steppenwolf alone. But his powers do aid in defeating him. Writing more would be spoiling. There were two other things to do, saving civilians and something with the Mother Box. I won't spoil what. The whole league does the work. What is actually established is that Superman is the big gun of the League. Besides, Steppenwolf was powerful himself. The league had trouble without Clark because they not only had to defeat Steppenwolf but do other significant stuff.

Well i would need to see it for myself, but what i heard at least sounded pretty terrible in that regard.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#57 Posted by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:
@thorthunder98 said:

As someone else said what's the point in the League if Superman can just solve all their problems...

No its not true. In new 52 Justice league were they fought Darkseid, Superman was clearly superior to every member in JL, however he got wrecked by Darkseid as well. To me it always should be that Superman is the most powerfull in the league. I mean whats the point of calling him Super if he can get beat anybody? Barry should be faster than Supes though thats for sure, because there is no point of having flash. Also judging by trailers Barry is complete noob in the field of speedsters. He will surely get muccccchhhhh faster-.

It's not that he's more powerful that I have the problem with he definitely should be.

It's just that he supposedly effortlessly solos the league, and then solos Steppenwolf.

I was more hoping that he would be the one to tip the scales against Steppenwolf for them to win not that he just completely wrecks him, was expecting it to be more of a team effort not a one man show of Supes wrecking him in the final fight, I'd enjoy seeing them all fight as a team against him more imo.

That's just from what I've heard anyways actually watching the movie might prove me wrong.

Most of the team is noob though. cyborg batman well are fodder for supes, flash looks like noob from trailers, Aquaman is not king yet so probably noob and he was never equal to supes not even close. Only wonder woman is close to him in comics although i highly disagree with people claiming wonder woman is near Superman level in comics. Well flash could be, but since he is noob doesnt matter that much. Other poerfull members are not present likes of lanterns, shazam and manhunter. So i dont think effortlesly tking down the league is that big of a deal.

Regardless ill geek out tomorrow as supes fan probably.

#58 Edited by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@agent41 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

Well there goes the talk about WW being able to hang with Superman.

Well in the comics she has been able to put up a better fight anyway. I wonder if they will treat captain marvel the same way, when he begins his silver screen journey. After all, it seems like they want Superman as the most powerful hero. And CM and WW are 2 of the heros that are compared to him the most.

I actually think Shazam will be equal to Superman in power. The Rock has been ranting on about his showdown between Cav-El, which makes me think that Shazam should be in the same league as Supes, if not better due to his magic.

I don't know. He hasn't been treated as sm's equal since silver age. And him and WW are similar characters with similar power set.

Shazam was never in the same league as Superman since early silver age and golden age. Well aside from the times they nerfed Supes. However barry might give a battle but looks like he is still a kid or something in the movie.

#59 Edited by Itachus17 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:
@itachus17 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Yes please someone just say the spoilers tired of this vagueness

He defeats the League in a confused state after his resurrection and basically wrecks Steppenwolf from what I gather. He is the undisputed MVP of the team in everything but speed in which he's pretty much equal to Barry (until he gets faster).

Oh dear god, that can be just a bad joke right?

I mean which insane idiot thought that would be a good idea by any means?

Superman hater is back?

Sure, i were always the biggest Supes hater here...

I mean how could someone who isn't excited about the idea that Supes basically solos the JL, and saves the day by wrecking the Uber powerful opponent not be a hater, right?

I like Supes and Batman for example too, just surprisingly much more when they don't let look everyone else bad and like scrubs, weird huh?

#60 Posted by Amcu (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I personally kinda prefer for there to be several members that are all in the same category of power. Those being Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and maybe Martian Manhunter. The only members I personally would be fine with beating the whole league is Martian Manhunter and a bloodlusted Flash. I'm not saying you're wrong to want Superman to be the most powerful. I just don't feel the same way.

#61 Posted by Heatforce (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

@azooz_king: so Steppenwolf actually fought a doomsday?

#62 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the movie on Veteran's Day. Pretty much what is stated above. Superman whoops on all of the league pretty effortlessly (though they did not want to and were unprepared to fight him) and is able to not only see Barry but take action to Barry (which has obviously never happened before as Barry panics) within a split second. In the final battle he is the deciding factor against Steppenwolf and ultimately the weapon they needed to ensure victory. He has specific showings that display his badassness and the other members (at the time) are very intimidated by an angered, confused Supes.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
#63 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformaa: well, barry was dodging and walking backwards to be fair. A win is a win though. *shrugz*

#64 Posted by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:
@itachus17 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

He defeats the League in a confused state after his resurrection and basically wrecks Steppenwolf from what I gather. He is the undisputed MVP of the team in everything but speed in which he's pretty much equal to Barry (until he gets faster).

I mean which insane idiot thought that would be a good idea by any means?

Superman hater is back?

Sure, i were always the biggest Supes hater here...

I mean how could someone who isn't excited about the idea that Supes basically solos the JL, and saves the day by wrecking the Uber powerful opponent not be a hater, right?

I like Supes and especially Batman for example too, just surprisingly much more when they don't let look everyone else bad and like scrubs, weird huh?

considering how half of the team are still noobs. It pretty possible.

#65 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: He's trolling, but you best believe Wonder Woman didn't want any more parts of Supes after he put her in her place with dat head-butt.

#66 Posted by Amcu (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

So can he beat DCEU Doomsday now?

#68 Edited by Itachus17 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever:

Most of the team is noob though.

That is true and a fair point.

Only wonder woman is close to him in comics although i highly disagree with people claiming wonder woman is near Superman level in comics

She isn't at all since New52, but that was with damn good reason part of the big critique on it.

And there is no reason to repeat the same mistakes from the newer comics again, Marston was probably anyways already breakdancing in his grave(not just cause of that though).

So i dont think effortlesly tking down the league is that big of a deal.

Especially effortlesly is way too much and basically like spitting in the faces of the other characters, simply disrepectful(like Bat/Bullshit-God as he actually literaly spit in the face of Supes, or basically bought a perfect anti lasso on magical ebay and more bullshit).

Regardless ill geek out tomorrow as supes fan probably.

I honestly wish that you will have fun and still hope the film is good in general.

#69 Posted by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Not sure, doomsday was adapting so fast that he still probably would overwhelm Supes. However unless Supes got ridiculous power boost i dont see that happening.

#70 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@prospero_locke: Give Barry more credit. It's not like he straight up ko'd him, or something. Barry dodged his blows and tripped because he was backing up while dodging. Quit with the lowball.

#71 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@the_stegman: I personally kinda prefer for there to be several members that are all in the same category of power. Those being Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and maybe Martian Manhunter. The only members I personally would be fine with beating the whole league is Martian Manhunter and a bloodlusted Flash. I'm not saying you're wrong to want Superman to be the most powerful. I just don't feel the same way.

in regards to the supes vs JL scene, there are things to take into consideration. Supes is borderline bloodlusted. He isn't necessarlily throwing haymakers trying to kill, but Clark does not seem to be home (if you know what I mean). Also, they were expecting to embrace a friend/hero, not fight him. They try reasoning before something goes awry and they are forced to fight him reluctantly, while trying to get him to calm down. So while he somewhat steamrolls the JL, its not like everyone is there fighting for pride, swinging for the fences. I think the categories for some (aquaman, ww, supes, flash implied) are much closer than that scene displays. hopefully that puts your concerns to rest a little bit. its not as bad as it sounds on paper, trust me

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#72 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (10971 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Probably not. Unless Superman get's to the point where he starts throwing megaton level punches (and even that won't be enough), then he still looses.

Though he'd probably be able to BFR Doomsday.

#73 Posted by Amcu (1226 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Itachus17 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:
@farkam said:
@itachus17 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Wonder Woman has to beg for her life before he snaps out of it i hear, you know how bloodthirsty DCEU supes is bruh :(

Wtf is this true or trolling lol!

nah its true. Supes is like blowjob or im snapping your neck :p

Sigh nvm, you're seemingly also just one of the especially pathetic trolls.

And such scum calls me then honestly Supes hater...

#75 Posted by Heatforce (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedforceuser_: according to the files waller gave to Bruce in SS, Barry can perceive the speed of light. Probably more of an easter egg then an actual feat but still cool.

#76 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedforceuser_: I wasn't lowballing him. not intentionally. im defending the movie and the scene. barry very obviously hasn't dealt with anyone even close to his speed and he stated he hasn't actually fought. since I said that he panics which is very much true as he is backpedaling and dodging and ultimately falling, maybe you should just calm with the aggression there. everything I said is true. lower your guns bro

#77 Posted by Amcu (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: @supermanforever: Yeah it would be a little weird if Clark started punching with the force of a nuke and Doomsday's healing factor would be a problem.

#78 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

Well if you don't hate the DCEU then I'm not talking to you. I'm not defending anyone or anything. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people.

Also regarding the sucking, JL is formed because nobody alone can defeat the villain or bad guys as a whole and that means superman can't either. Even if he goes one vs one with Steppenwolf and holds him off, there are the hordes of parademons to deal with. There are other agendas. Superman alone is not enough no matter how OP he is.

MY MAN!!

#79 Posted by Azooz_king (670 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by APEX_pretador (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar said:
@the_stegman said:
@amcu said:

So they made Superman more powerful than the entire League and as fast as Flash? I'm really not happy about that.

How is this surprising though? Superman IS stronger than Cyborg, Aquaman, WW, and Batman.

As for Flash, he's a noob. He probably is no where near his top speed yet.

Superman should be absolutely never stronger than Aquaman, WW, Cyborg, Batman(ok he isn't rly too helpfull) and an inexperienced Flash together(especially not without extreme amounts of trouble and it doesn't sound like that at all), that is just stupid and renders the whole concept of the league worthless.

Eh, I've always considered him stronger than the League. The League exists because Superman can't be everywhere at once and they're all heroes in their own rights. But outside of MM, I think we all agree Supes is the strongest, and yes, can beat them all put together.

Uh, Green Lantern

#81 Edited by Eternal_Knight (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by the_stegman (38942 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: GL is not in the scene and not beaten by Supes. However, they do tend to lose to Kryptonians in comics.

#83 Edited by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17 said:
@supermanforever said:
@thorthunder98 said:
@farkam said:
@itachus17 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Wonder Woman has to beg for her life before he snaps out of it i hear, you know how bloodthirsty DCEU supes is bruh :(

Sigh nvm, you're seemingly also just one of the especially pathetic trolls.

And such scum calls me then honestly Supes hater...

it was a joke dude. take it easy. Other stuff is no troll though. Also keep your "scum" insults to yourselfs.

#84 Edited by APEX_pretador (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@apex_pretador: GL is not in the scene and not beaten by Supes. However, they do tend to lose to Kryptonians in comics.

But neither is Martian manhunter who you mentioned so I thought you were talking about league in general. You said that outside MMH superman is most powerful and can beat all put together, which is not true because of GL.

They also win sometimes, and put a good fight multiple times

#85 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal_knight: against Supes, not that I recall, but the actual interaction isn't very long at all. I know him and WW attack together as the powerhouses, but I don't fully remember the details of their showings in that encounter. They aren't sold as weak as much as Supes is showed as strong if that makes sense. But again, its very established that the rest of them are reluctantly fighting him at the time. Overall in the movie though, yes Aquaman does get some good times to shine and be awesome.

#86 Posted by SanoHibiki (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

Well well well, what have we here? Plenty of righteous anger (if not use another word lol).

Regarding Supes solo'ing League, well, that sounds like the first actual reason for me to like JL movie. Also, since when Aquaman was anywhere close to Superman while out of the ocean; WW isn't really on Superman' power level, but she overcomes it with magical weapons, combat skills and battle tactics. Flash, well, he's noob right now, nuff said.

Plus from what I gathered, guys didn't really want to fight Superman, while he in his confused state likely didn't held back.

#87 Posted by APEX_pretador (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: You should be pretty happy now :p

Seriously though, I can say I totally saw this coming. Flash and Diana are the only ones on his level of speed, and all of them combined aren't strong enough to compare with him.

"But Hey, Diana scales to doomsday and solos"

Diana's performance was only due to weapons. Take them out of equation and Superman easily stomps her.

#88 Posted by Thorthunder98 (4767 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: He's trolling, but you best believe Wonder Woman didn't want any more parts of Supes after he put her in her place with dat head-butt.

lol is this head butt thing actually legit either lmao can't tell what's true or not

#89 Edited by Itachus17 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: Oh sry that i didn't found it funny..., i'm sure you would find it totally hilarious if you could read any day jokes how Supes gets anal raped.

#90 Posted by Blackstar_95 (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

in regards to the supes vs JL scene, there are things to take into consideration. Supes is borderline bloodlusted. He isn't necessarlily throwing haymakers trying to kill, but Clark does not seem to be home (if you know what I mean). Also, they were expecting to embrace a friend/hero, not fight him. They try reasoning before something goes awry and they are forced to fight him reluctantly, while trying to get him to calm down. So while he somewhat steamrolls the JL, its not like everyone is there fighting for pride, swinging for the fences. I think the categories for some (aquaman, ww, supes, flash implied) are much closer than that scene displays. hopefully that puts your concerns to rest a little bit. its not as bad as it sounds on paper, trust me

That's good to know.

#91 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Supes and Diana do headbutt each other. and it looks VERY painful.

#92 Posted by SuperHulk24 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a big dose of reality to MCU fans.

This will not be pretty.

#93 Posted by MorbusGrav (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:
@farkam said:
@itachus17 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Wow this thread appearantly reached incredibly fast an incredible low point, i didn't even know that i'm in the youtube comments section here.

#94 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by Supermanforever (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedforceuser_ said:

lol is this head butt thing actually legit either lmao can't tell what's true or not

dont think Dc would want their male icon beating and humilating their female icon. Not happening really, probably was some toss up. Although im seeing the move just tomorrow, even if there was a fight its not like humilating.

#96 Posted by Farron-Croft (26712 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah because power levels are more more important than a good movie.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#97 Posted by infantfinite128 (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:

That sounds awesome!

#98 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a big dose of reality to MCU fans.

This will not be pretty.

#99 Edited by gunchar16 (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

So they made Superman more powerful than the entire League and as fast as Flash? I'm really not happy about that.

#100 Posted by gunchar16 (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided