Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Oh how surprising, some self-hating neckbeards are gonna sabotage Captain Marvel's RT audience score!

• 54 results
    solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

u rly think guys are mad at a girl super hero? Cmon bro the same fanbase is lauding WW
    it isnt about her being a woman
    i dont have a dog in this fight but simplfying their argument to just "they hate woman heroes" is just a blatant lie and undermines any credibility in your argument

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

u rly think guys are mad at a girl super hero? Cmon bro the same fanbase is lauding WW

i dont have a dog in this fight but simplfying their argument to just "they hate woman heroes" is just a blatant lie and undermines any credibility in your argument

I never said they just hate woman heroes, they just hate Captain Marvel for some reason.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Be Brie Larson
    >Behave like a far left weirdo who constantly complains about men, white men, makes everything about identity politics and publicly acted like she was almost raped when a man asked her for her phone number
    >Some people on the internet say they have been turned off the film because of her behavior or have no interest in it.

"Oh my god, these internet people are the irrational ones"

Strange times we live in.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Be Brie Larson

>Behave like a far left weirdo who constantly complains about men, white men, makes everything about identity politics and publicly acted like she was almost raped when a man asked her for her phone number

>Some people on the internet say they have been turned off the film because of her behavior or have no interest in it.

Well, I can understand some of it, but it's that these guys are acting juvenile. I do agree about Brie Larson and think she's completely wrong for the role.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

@solar_nerd said:

Well, I can understand some of it, but it's that these guys are acting juvenile. I do agree about Brie Larson and think she's completely wrong for the role.

I don't think any of the comments posted there are juvenile. Most of them are reasonable and the Homer Simpson comment is pretty tame for the internet.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_nerd said:

I don't think any of the comments posted there are juvenile. Most of them are reasonable and the Homer Simpson comment is pretty tame for the internet.

Yeah, but sabotaging the RT score is just dumb. And fans who've been to screenings say it's great, so it's not like critics will be the only ones who like it.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares about a audience RT score? Wait to see the movie yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

>Be Brie Larson

Damn, is she really behaving in that way? I mean, it won't stop me from watching the movie (if I can watch a Kevin Spacey movie I can definitely watch Brie Larson's), but I'm curious.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau said:

I never said they just hate woman heroes, they just hate Captain Marvel for some reason.

um you just about did...

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

>Be Brie Larson

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
    TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh...

This happens with most movies in the superhero list.

You should have seen the great campaign to bring down the score of The Shawhank Redemption to get The Dark Knight to #1 on IMDb like a decade ago. This? This will blow over like it did in Black Panther or Wonder Woman's case, unless they make a bad movie, but if they do, then they do.

And either way - you will also get people who will laud this movie because it is a girl superhero only, like many of the vain critics (not audience score) will usually do. Which also will bring in some dogpiling early for positivity, but that will be a bit later in the track.

For you to be making the huge deal you are over this, shows my you aren't very familiar with this sort of thing. As a person who used to be a frequent user for the better part of 10 years on the old IMDb forums before they closed them, boy, do you have a bit to learn here in these debates on rating hits. There was also a big reason why they stopped weighing 1 star reviews quite as bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32
    deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares what a group of losers think.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is truly despicable and disgusting. Look, I'm not too thrilled about this movie either (I simply don't think it looks that interesting) but going out of your way to try to sabotage it like this is the definition of pathetic.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a similar thing with black panther and nothing happened.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Is the loud toxic side of the internet. Everything needs to have politics whether it has any or none at all. I am just numb to this crap at this point, not just the crazy alt right, but also the alt left (actual alt left and not just people wanting to have diversity, woman empowernent or even worst have lgbt characters in kid tv shows, the horror).

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also honestly, the comments are typical "omg critics are paid by Marvel", " DC movies are misunderstod masterpiece" and"omg SJW" comments you see in comic vine. I mean pathetic;yes. But I seen worst.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tomkatie

I mean, I disagree with all these reviewers, but none of them talked about sabotaging the movie score. They just said they're not watching it.

EDIT: Also, like 80% of actors have cheated on spouses at some point, and a ton of actors are part of the Church of Scientology. So if people want to boycott weird behavior, start there or somewhere more serious

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010 said:

I remember a similar thing with black panther and nothing happened.

@rem said:

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: exactly, we as fans don’t care if a woman is a main leading character. Just for the most part we want her written well and not a Mary Sue or a complete dumb ass. Also someone who’s actually good at acting case in point not Gal Gadot.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thekillerklok

I'm going to wait for reviews from sources I trust.

also the excerpt you linked says "Not interested" doesn't seem to be an audience score but instead a survey of people who are interested in the movie.

No Caption Provided

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@rem said:

Pretty much this.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She deserve it.

The Way She was acting like Feminists and Disrespecting Man.Disney Should have Shut her mouth.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
    war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't care less about this film but these guys need better hobbies.

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, so

@cattlebattle said:

>Be Brie Larson

Damn, is she really behaving in that way? I mean, it won't stop me from watching the movie (if I can watch a Kevin Spacey movie I can definitely watch Brie Larson's), but I'm curious.

She doesn't, it's just a group of incels being triggered and trying to paint it that way.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator  Online

Guys, don’t put so much stock into RT. Remember it’s not ‘86%’ of all critics think x- it’s ‘86%’ of the 30/40/50 critics surveyed think x.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of those comments belong to one person; but I agree with Charles H, Tobias S and Onion H opinion. Plus you cannot really expect from critics and RT (who are either paid by disney or just didn't see any top quality movie) to give a bad score to it and of course, there is always some people who will appreciate it.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don’t like Brie Larson as an actress or person. Still think and hope the movie will kick ass. The amount of people who will blindly give it 5 stars will balance out those hating for no reason. Social media embargo lifts tonight so we will see what critics think.

I’m thinking 85% from critics 86% from fans. (Hope we don’t see same thing we saw from Black Panther where some critics were afraid to give the movie a bad review and then be called racist)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: well said, I'm not interested in the movie much but I wish it success. I commend Marvel for finally introducing some new blood in the MCU, and it's cool that it's a female superhero. Larson just seems misguided and seems to be going about it the wrong way. I think her heart is in the right place. But to go and sabotage or (as I've seen in YouTube) post videos every day of how this movie is destined to epic failure and all that bad noise, it's just pathetic. Men no longer behave like men anymore. Now they go on YouTube to whine and complain and complain constantly, hating on actors and movie directors and trying to bury hard working professionals. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I'm making my account now. This movie won't stand a chance ?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You cant tell me they haven't accounted for this to happen, look at how Brie's acting toward white men. It was bound to happen.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glavene said:

Lol, so

@theacidskull said:

She doesn't, it's just a group of incels being triggered and trying to paint it that way.

"Everyone that disagrees with my politics is an incel!!!"

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yassassin

@glavene said:

Lol, so

@theacidskull said:
    @cattlebattle said:

>Be Brie Larson

No Caption Provided

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glavene said:

Lol, so

@theacidskull said:

"Everyone that disagrees with my politics is an incel!!!"

Well maybe its generalisation but everything that is said there (Brie hates white mans, she is racist/sexist, etc.) is a blatant lie, repeated like a mantra in incels discussion groups (reddit, youtube).

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay guys, I'm actually a Christian conservative and I'm not in any way a fan of modern feminism. However, the way these guys are acting is juvenile, just like the people who sabotaged The Last Jedi and Black Panther.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, review bombing is dumb. That stated, Brie is her own worst enemy when it comes to Captain Marvel PR.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also just look at her supposed "I hate white men statement" and people are blowing it out of proportion and misrepresenting her statement. Which I should not be surprised.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, review bombing is dumb. That stated, Brie is her own worst enemy when it comes to Captain Marvel PR.

Yep.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Also just look at her supposed "I hate white men statement" and people are blowing it out of proportion and misrepresenting her statement. Which I should not be surprised.

All she said was that we should have more writers of color. While I'm kinda neutral on that statement, she never said anything about hating white men.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yassassin: she didnt say anything against white men

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@yassassin: she didnt say anything against white men

She literally did.

This is the quote that people are suspiciously feigning ignorance about..

I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male.

God forbid a majority of the country have majority jobs working in an industry that was maintained and created by white males, and for the record, I don't think Larson hates white people, but I do think she is a liberal virtue signaling idiot whose only personal life experience with brown people outside of her work is talking to her maids and landscapers.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
    SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t read link yet, but nothing in the pic says they’re going to sabotage scores...

Captainplanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Captainplanet

@cattlebattle: God forbid if she tried to question why woman who form 50% of population are sidelined in critics and press roles

She is definitely racist and asking for white male genocide.

DeadpoolUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DeadpoolUchiha
    phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By phisigmatau

@captainplanet: @deadpooluchiha:

ya'll rly gonna act like her signaling a group of ppl like that is ok? Uninitiated signaling out of group is divisive, corrosive and further breeds a tribal "us vs them" mentality rather then healthy conversation about actual issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.