Off THEIR Mind: Should There be More Super-Powered Animals?

• 63 results
#51 Posted by darkwingdan (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we have enough. The novelty wears off when its over exposed. For example, I love a good Krypto story (Superman 712 FTW), but I don't want to see him in every issue. I don't want to see him once every 10 issues.

#52 Posted by The Finality (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-MAN Jimmy Palmiotti seems like a really nice guy, and he's super funny. Any chance you could ask him to guest star on one of the podcasts?

#53 Posted by blackkitty (449 posts) - - Show Bio

But... but... Captain Carrot!!

#54 Posted by ThomasElliot (439 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe include more under a kids' imprint. I can't see why we can't have more super-animals if they are written for children.

For adults... pass. Or at least, I get that a hero or villain might have a pet or own a highly skilled, but normal, animal... but 'super' animals... I can pass. Not much of Krypto fan, though I get why other people love it.

So where does line get drawn? Because right about now I'm thinking about a chimp with a flaming skull head riding an all black tricycle with flaming wheels.

#55 Posted by ReadItNow (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

#56 Posted by SnowyMountain (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you out of your mind?

OF COURSE THERE SHOULD BE! ABSOLUTELY!

Lockjaw & the Pet Avengers Unleashed #2

I just love the little helmet Throg sports.

#57 Posted by JasonTodd13 (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really into super powered animals except Krypto.

#58 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as every super needs to have the main Man/Woman, sidekick & younger opposite gendered sickkcik, to be a complete family they need a mascot.

But they need to do more than just dog or cat. For example, give Atlee that Super-snail.

#59 Edited by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Aquadog gets some type of powers & abilities somehow along the road. Maybe they'll run into an Atlantean Artifact enabling him to breathe underwater and communicate to sea life. NOW, THAT WOULD BE COOL!

Can't Forget About AQUADOG!
Can't Forget About AQUADOG!
#60 Posted by drgnx (3977 posts) - - Show Bio

@SnowyMountain said:

Are you out of your mind?

OF COURSE THERE SHOULD BE! ABSOLUTELY!

I just love the little helmet Throg sports.

Beta wants his hammer back, Thor's got a horse already...

No Caption Provided
#61 Edited by celestial_man (115 posts) - - Show Bio

No in as big letters as possible ( we have enough they are gimmicky )

Edit: people do not read comics about animals, Animals do not talk ? no super powered teams of animals

No Caption Provided

We have mouseguard already there for we need no more. Argument won !

#62 Posted by Skunkstein (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah sure! Krypto and Dex-Starr are awesome!

#63 Posted by DarkDay (651 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Brian Buccellato had good point of why there aren't that much comic titles out pertaining to any animal superhero or villain besides those who play the roles inside the main "superhero" title. For example, Ch'p in the Green Lantern, he's a squirrel with a green power ring but plays as a sidekick for other major Corps Members. People don't really like reading about an animal with superhero powers cause first off, it loses the realistic form of the comic book, secondly they are not good protagonist for villains who are more human-like. So if there would be a conflict in the story arc then there would have to be a villainous animal such as a snake or something creepy and evil looking to even out the playing field.

I for one don't actually agree with that. To me its all in the writing. Also, this exists.

No Caption Provided