Odin getting his swagger back??

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After being jobbed out is he finally getting his "swagger back" and being written as the God he's suppose to be? just being optimistic but here is a preview of Avengers issue 1 where Odin and T'Challa talk about Odin's history with the Celestials but one eye catching thing that is read is T'Challa states that Odin slayed one.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/14/fcbd-avengers-sequel-marvel-legacy-1/

T'Challa-"You slew a AD(think letter is cut out) Celestial one million years ago? One of the most powerful, unknowable forces of cosmic nature that anyone has ever encountered? And you buried it under the plains of what is now Africa, my home continent?"

Odin-"I wanted to nail it to the moon, as a warning to the others. But as I told you. The Wizard was stubborn."

Now, I know this happened off-panel(for now), but I am just glad that Marvel does understand WHO Odin is and where he ranks at in the hierarchy in the Marvel universe. Especially after the traumatic regime of Jane Thor. Again being optimistic...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know many will disagree but like that T'Challa is conversing with Odin himself. Swear this character has been getting many character development boosts.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know many will disagree but like that T'Challa is conversing with Odin himself. Swear this character has been getting many character development boosts.

it seems he is going to be the leader.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:
@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

it seems he is going to be the leader.

Of the Avengers? I assumed it would be Thor. But if its T'Challa then it makes sense.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: He was referring to Marvel’s legacy 1 mill BC. Odin and the avengers of that era fought against he celestial and defeated it then put its corpse on the moon to warn the others. The celestials were called sky gods at the time.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@chad_duby said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: He was referring to Marvel’s legacy 1 mill BC. Odin and the avengers of that era fought against he celestial and defeated it then put its corpse on the moon to warn the others. The celestials were called sky gods at the time.

I KNOW what he was referring to. Question is... Did he get his "swagger" back?

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chad_Duby
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@kgb725 said:
@chad_duby said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Don’t think so, he might still be a jobber.

He was never one in the first place

Agreed. But his showing in Aaron's recent run has had many people "questioning" him. Thanos was getting abused by Bendis and other writers badly to a point that people thought it was over for the Mad Titan but then Jeff Lemire came through and no one dares to question his power hierarchy. Its just all about consistency. That Jane fight in a way hurt Odin's rep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome. Also Odin is old as hell lol

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Jason Aaron writing Odin without make him seem like an old bumbling sexist fool, wow, I'm surprised

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jashro44

It sounds like he killed it alongside the avengers bc. That team with the Phoenix, agamatto, ghost rider, star brand, the first iron fist and bashenga.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And man now I'm scared. It sounds like Aaron's is giving black panther a big role in his avengers book...he did pretty well with see wakanda and die but everyone also enjoyed his Thor run in the beginning and look what happened. Than again it can't be worst than Coates....

I am pleased to see Odin showing respect for the black panther lineage. "To lead the way. Just as you should have done at the dawn of time. I will need you too." It's a good start for getting me on Aaron's good side but I feel Aaron's always starts strong but his books go down hill dramatically from what I've read. Both his Thor and hulk runs were like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for long.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: lol odin killing a celestial since when? With the power of every skyfather he couldn't hurt a single celestial. Writers nowadays are smoking.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials, Sky Fathers, Galactus and even LT are kinda shitted on lately.

Celestials are exterminated by Black Bolt in the future, LT is killed by Thanos (I guess the Universe was too young for LT to be powerful), Galactus got beheaded by Thanos, Odin cannot beat Jane etc.

Marvel should straight up reboot everything.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That can NOT be Aaron's Odin... lol

So Marvel/Aaron are going back to the Celestials? (No reading marvel comics for some years now) Funny that i always loved their concept and their relation with Asgard and other pantheons, so its just a matter of time before Aaron butcher some more stuff that made me fan of some marvel comics...

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol @ where odin stands, below galactus, celestials and franklin Richards.

But he does.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

And man now I'm scared. It sounds like Aaron's is giving black panther a big role in his avengers book...he did pretty well with see wakanda and die but everyone also enjoyed his Thor run in the beginning and look what happened. Than again it can't be worst than Coates....

I am pleased to see Odin showing respect for the black panther lineage. "To lead the way. Just as you should have done at the dawn of time. I will need you too." It's a good start for getting me on Aaron's good side but I feel Aaron's always starts strong but his books go down hill dramatically from what I've read. Both his Thor and hulk runs were like that.

IF repeat IF Jason Aaron's does a good job then this will be my MAIN Black Panther comic. I already ditched Coates run for Rise of the Black Panther. lol. Aaron can't be any worse to Black Panther considering he isn't writing an exclusive Black Panther story. I pray he writes Panther like "See Wakanda and Die." And yeah, I loved the fact that Odin was conversing with Black Panther. BOTH showing each other respect.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

Celestials are exterminated by Black Bolt in the future, LT is killed by Thanos (I guess the Universe was too young for LT to be powerful), Galactus got beheaded by Thanos, Odin cannot beat Jane etc.

One shouldn't take Thanos Wins seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

I don't.

it's fan fiction in my eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

in my point of view i see black bolt as celestial kryptonite

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321@mowjack

Marvel most likely considers "Thanos Wins" an alternative reality as they always consider future realities that. Rachel Summers is from the future and yet Marvel considers her timeline an alternative universe. More importantly lets not forget that Galactus WAS NOT the Lifebringer during Thanos Wins which he currently is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321@mowjack

Marvel most likely considers "Thanos Wins" an alternative reality as they always consider future realities that. Rachel Summers is from the future and yet Marvel considers her timeline an alternative universe. More importantly lets not forget that Galactus WAS NOT the Lifebringer during Thanos Wins which he currently is.

eh I doubt the Lifebringer holds a candle to LT.

what's even worse is that the present Thanos beat him.

I'm supposed to believe that Thanos can now solo all of MU.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

@thor321@mowjack

Wasn't my point. My point is that its most likely an alternative universe as Galactus SHOULD have been the Lifebringer which he was not.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: they are going to mess celestials so badly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

@thor321@mowjack

Wasn't my point. My point is that its most likely an alternative universe as Galactus SHOULD have been the Lifebringer which he was not.

true.

I mean, the comic was badass but, you know...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now Odin needs panther!

Come on Marvel! Give the asgardian some rest.

And I don't believe Odin could kill a Celestial on his own. Aren't Celestial bodies just a way for them to interact with the 3-d world? I though even if you destroy their body/armor, they don't die, it just breaks the bridge they use to connect with Marvel universe. You need to do something more than just destroying their armor to kill them. Atleast, that was what it was a decade or two ago.

On-Topic = Don't like at all Odin saying he needs Panther of all people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_living_tribunal_24: It appears to me Celestial are going to be used as another Galactus(s). Low showing is imminent.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@therkthor said:

So now Odin needs panther!

Come on Marvel! Give the asgardian some rest.

And I don't believe Odin could kill a Celestial on his own. Aren't Celestial bodies just a way for them to interact with the 3-d world? I though even if you destroy their body/armor, they don't die, it just breaks the bridge they use to connect with Marvel universe. You need to do something more than just destroying their armor to kill them. Atleast, that was what it was a decade or two ago.

On-Topic = Don't like at all Odin saying he needs Panther of all people.

The Celestial was buried in Africa. A continent Black Panther/Wakanda has the most influence. Black Panther also seems to be leading the Avengers. T'Challa outside of Stark is the smartest person on the team with the best resources. When Odin says he "needs T'Challa" it can be interpreted in terms of prep in how to deal with them.

People forget that people like Reed Richards has been able to come up with plans to stop Galactus. Hell, Black Panther actually has a plan to stop Galactus.

No Caption Provided

We see this ALL the time in comics. So its not outside the realm of possibilities.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really an impressive feat.

Odin, a Phoenix force users, a star brand user, agamotto and a ghost Rider all had trouble taking down one celestial.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King_Stranglehold_da_first: Which also is bad, even if it happens in comics. Odin is million times greater than Panther or Stark, there should be not even a single thing in million he needs from/of T'Chala or Stark. Odin is immensely more knowledgeable and powerful. Saying he needs Panther for any reason is like saying Tony stark needing a fodder human. Odin could create even better fodder than them should he be in need of those.

Marcel has completely lost its characterisation of the Asgardians.

Or, maybe that cover is misleading. Maybe he needs him to do something for them (humans/his own people). That way Odin could still stay wise, all knowing. It would also not contradict his character in any way, seeing he always want people to solve their problem on their own. But I doubt it seeing current portrayal of Odin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is T'Challa talking with Odin? How did he get an audience with Odin?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King_Stranglehold_da_first: Which also is bad, even if it happens in comics. Odin is million times greater than Panther or Stark, there should be not even a single thing in million he needs from/of T'Chala or Stark. Odin is immensely more knowledgeable and powerful. Saying he needs Panther for any reason is like saying Tony stark needing a fodder human. Odin could create even better fodder than them should he be in need of those.

Marcel has completely lost its characterisation of the Asgardians.

Or, maybe that cover is misleading. Maybe he needs him to do something for them (humans/his own people). That way Odin could still stay wise, all knowing. It would also not contradict his character in any way, seeing he always want people to solve their problem on their own. But I doubt it seeing current portrayal of Odin.

I'll just wait for the comics and see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King-Stranglehold da first: Yeah, it's probably the best thing to do. However I have low hopes regarding worthy characterisation of asgardians seeing the guy who wrote Fosthor is in charge of writing.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: so even with that plan what would stop galactus from blinking Reed out of existence before he even realises it?

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: is this even odin force odin? The same guy with his best energy blast couldn't scratch a single celestial.