Obi-Wan Kenobi series is underrated

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been seeing a lot of hate recently online regarding the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and talking about how it's pretty much trash. I do agree that there are a lot of weak parts in the series like the plot, and unnecessary characters. We might even argue that the existence of the series itself might have been unnecessary. I don't disagree on many of these valid points raised by fans.

However, I feel that there are certain strengths and moments of the show that I thoroughly enjoyed, like:

• Obi-Wan vs Vader final fight
  • Reva vs Vader fight
  • Emotions of Unmasked Vader conversation
  • Leia's portrayal and writing
  • Vader's force feat
  • Obi-Wan's force feat
  • Some fan service that links to original trilogy, and the flashbacks which links to the prequel trilogy
  • Getting to see Ewan and Hayden reprising their roles again

To be fair, what I didn't really enjoy:

• Reva's character arc being kinda pointless
  • Haja's character's existence being kinda pointless
  • Weak plot points at times

But despite the weak points of the show, I would say it's still an overall pretty enjoyable show. It's definitely not perfect, but personally I feel it's getting too much hate, just like the prequel trilogy when it first came out, or when Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man movies first came out.

What do you all think?

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was cannon breaking fan service with shit writing and used nostalgia, cool visuals and fights in order to make you forget that.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s an entertaining show with a lot of really cool stuff. People nitpick too much.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Episode 5 and 6 damn near peak Star Wars

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meme on star wars a lot, but the kenobi show was pretty good.

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s an entertaining show with a lot of really cool stuff. People nitpick too much.

Yea agreed!
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I enjoyed it, and I've learned by now to not listen to Star Wars Fandom Menace. They don't know what they want, and basically just complain cause nothing is like the original trilogy.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8 krisbishop  Moderator

It has its moments. I don't hate the series, but its glaring weaknesses are there.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not very good. It has some stand out moments but is a hit or miss for me. I feel like the standard has been low ever since the sequel trilogy. Anything remotely better than the sequels are highly praised. BOBF and now this haven't been great.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

It's not the worst, I enjoy far more then I did boba fett but it has clear flaws IMO that I couldn't over look and I'm admittedly still bias towards Vader and Kenobi never needing a rematch before ANH which is one of the biggest selling points of the series.

I did like the exploration of Leia and Obi Wans friendship and would of preferred that be the focus, that or just keep obi wan on tatoonie for a simpler journey of self discovery.

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, the last two episodes redeemed the show.

Although the series was slow in the beginning and that seems to be the origin of all the hate, I still give the show a 9.2/10 in total.

One quick thing I want to note is that initially, everyone hated on Reva's characterization because she seemed bland and very shallow. However, it was those last two episodes that gave nuance and actual meaning to her character

Many people dislike the show now but who knows, in time people will look back upon this show with a kind eye...

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it, and I've learned by now to not listen to Star Wars Fandom Menace. They don't know what they want, and basically just complain cause nothing is like the original trilogy.

Idk from the praise mandalorian got I’m pretty sure people have a idea of what they maybe just maybe people actually want something that is good instead of something that is subpar? Just a thought people always got this narrative that the Star Wars community hates on everything when most of the stuff Disney puts out isn’t even good

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewitt said:
@sonofdarkness said:

Yea agreed!

hottake

if there are tons of people “nitpicking“ then maybe they aren’t actually nitpicking and there are actual problems with said show

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Underrated in the sense that a lot of fans are saying the Obi Wan Kenobi show is pure Trash. It's kind of a Meh show overall. With Episode 1 being Slow, Mediocre and Weak for the Most Part and Episode 2 being Weak and Mediocre with a Cool Cliffhanger Point. Episode 3 being a Cool Watch with some obvious Plot Hole points from Original Star Wars lore. Episode 4 just being Weak. Episode 5 being Pretty Good with some Cool Stuff and Episode 5 being Good Overall. There are plot holes all through the show but it's not the worst of Star Wars. Not nearly as bad as Star Wars : The Last Jedi or Star Wars : The Rise of Skywalker which I found to be disastrous.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an irrelevant filler series with some cool moments, it's being fairly viewed in my opinion

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liea's writing was terrible and she had no need to be in the show. Also, cool feats and fanservice in no way justify the show's existence.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liea's writing was terrible and she had no need to be in the show. Also, cool feats and fanservice in no way justify the show's existence.

This. Only liked the finale due to the fight scenes lmao. Plot made no sense at all.

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok at best.Plot was ugh

As it still stands,the Mandalorian>>>>>>>>>>>>Kenobi

Randomidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last two episodes were great, though I heard many people on youtube saying it was bad and that the plot doesn't make sense. I do wish that being stabbed could actually kill though because they had two people survive that.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darkvanderling

Nah it was mediocre overall. The last episode was pretty good. Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen carried the series hard.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkvanderling
@killianduclark said:

It was an irrelevant filler series with some cool moments, it's being fairly viewed in my opinion

Exactly. Watching the show felt like a filler. I feel the show should’ve been longer and explore more about Obi-Wan.

RordTepes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's overrated

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader putting Reeva in her place was the only good thing about the show.

At this point, people are so used to garbage Star Wars content that they are ready to declare the most mediocre thing ever as genuinely good.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disagree. Most of things you listed happened in the last 2 episodes which were indeed great but that doesn't excuse the first 4 dreadful episodes that drag the show as a whole down. I actually enjoyed Kid Leia but everything about Reva was so bad and unnecessary, the pay off in the finale for her was weak and not worth all the screen she took. I can't believe Disney actually wants to make a solo show about her 🙄

DeWitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: Fair points. Definitely agree about Reva. Can't believe Disney is giving Echo from Hawkeye her own show as well. Disney seems to have a knack for picking characters that we don't care about and giving them their own show.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajak_xiv said:

It was cannon breaking fan service with shit writing and used nostalgia, cool visuals and fights in order to make you forget that.

you're right and also wrong, because the fights were *&^hit as well

Ajak_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Reva vs Vader was awsome imo. Vader vs Kenobi was eh but it gained hype because of who was fighting. The writers desperately wanted to have Kenobi beat Vader without killing him after he’s in the armor which makes no sense character wise. Obi wan is 100 percent ok with killing especially in instances like this

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the duality of CV

Thotheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overrated, if it wasn't for the 6 movies after its setting vader wouldn't let that Droid carry obiwan away after he was killing villagers with no remorse