Nova Prime (Richard Rider) Respect Thread.

• 112 results
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HumanRocket

Well for those of you who don’t know, Nova (Richard Rider) is one of my favorite characters ever. And over the course of the last few months I was busy getting the right scans to pay homage to him. I was busy with school so it took me while to get this right, but this thread is my pride and joy and I hope I did justice to the character. I also thought this would be the best time to post it, since there are rumors of Nova appearing in GOTF film later this summer, and also because Nova fans will finally get to see what happened to Rich at the end of the Thanos Imperative. So I hope you enjoy.

This thread will only cover Rich’s feats and abilities as Nova Prime.

World Mind.

The World Mind contains all the knowledge and history of Xandar. It also helps regulate the Nova force within the host's body. Without the aid of the World Mind, Nova's mind could be damaged from the excess energy of the Nova Force

No Caption Provided

The world Mind also allows Nova to access all channels of communication across the galaxies.

Finally, the World Mind during battle's, allows Nova to access the data banks to retrieve information from all other known species across the galaxies in order to help formulate strategies during combat.

Strength

During the battle between Vulcan’s Praetorians, Nova engaged in battle with Xenith a member of the Strontian, who are of the same race of Gladiator. She has the power that Gladiator has, and has been shown to be on par on every level of strength and durability. Not saying there the same, but close to it. Nova was able to gain the upper hand in the battle and was able to take her down.

Speed

Has shown instances of having incredible speed reaction during fights. During a battle with Drax the destroyer, Nova is able to dodge Drax’s punch with ease.

Durability

During his return to Earth after the Annihilation war, Nova has a battle with the Thunderbolts. He is able to handle all forms of attacks including Radioactive Man’s blast, Peanace's kinetics blast and Moonstone’s gravity manipulation. And he held his ground and was about to do some major butt kicking if Stark hadn't interrupted.

When a Raptor version of Darkhawk blast Nova and the original Darkhawk, the blast causes the planet to explode. But, Nova and DarkHawk were both able to survive the blast.

Before the battle between Nova and Annihilus, Galactus unleashes a cosmic blast that destroys all of Annihilus fleet, and surrounding planets near the Kree system.

Abilities

Flight

Nova's flight as been identified by the Phalanaz, as having superluminal velocity, this is just using a fraction of the Nova force under the control of the World Mind.

Using a combination of flight and the protective barriers and the Nova force, Rich can plow through large space ships, destroying them. All without getting damaged in the process.

Nova force blast

The blast that Nova utilizes, relies on how much output of energy he uses from the Nova force. Generally using a small amount of the Nova force, still has a devastating effects.

Vs Kree Sentries

Vs Annhilius drones.

Vs PlanetFall using just a small portion of the Nova force.

Vs Ego the Living Planet. Again, only using a small portion of the Nova force, Nova was able to lobotomize Ego.

Gravity Control

Using the World Mind and the Nova force, Nova is able to manipulate gravity.

First, he can increase gravity, using it as an offensive and defensive weapon.

No Caption Provided

He can also manipulate the gravity of a neutron star. In this instance, Nova was able to manipulate the gravity around the neutron star to create a wormhole in order to escape from the infected Gamora and Drax.

Force Fields

Nova can generate force fields to protect himself or for other people around him. Even though after the destruction of the planet they were in, and having lost connection to the World Mind and having been damaged, Nova is able to created a force field to protect himself and Darkhawk from his blast, when they were battling against the Djins.

SpaceGates

Using the Nova force, he can create space gates, which are like worm holes in order to travel to any parts of the galaxy.

The space gates can also be used for offense. During the fight with the Kree sentries, Nova was able to create a space gate around him. The intense gravity that the space gates create caused all of the Kree Sentries to be destroyed.

Using the spacegate to remove Sphinx from the realm, causing him to be destroyed in the process.

And of course I'm leaving one of his greatest and more memorable accomplishments for last.

Nova vs Annihilus

No Caption Provided

Finally, because this is a respect thread for Nova, I thought it would only be fitting to put these in here. Nova has earned both the respect of Galactus, as he spared his life when Nova helped him figure out that Vernmin was inside of Galactus' ship. And he also earned the respect of the Kree empire, as well as Ronin's respect as he was offered a chance to become honorary Kree, which is a big deal if you know your Kree history.

I hope I did Richard Rider justice in this thread and I hope that it shows what a great hero, character and person he was (and may still be ;) )

No Caption Provided

Don't pay attention to Starlord, only Nova :D

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good job. Just before this I had read Annihilation and his solo series, so it is good to see Richard Rider getting some respect.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Spideysense44

Good job man

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44: @shadowswordmaster: Thank you good sir.

Good job. Just before this I had read Annihilation and his solo series, so it is good to see Richard Rider getting some respect.

Cool same order as me when I was first introduced to the character. Trying to find most of his earlier reads. It's a pain :/

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully he comes back soon, this brought back some good memeories

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44: Well a while back ago, Brian Bendis mentioned in a interview that "who's saying he's not alive?" when asked about Nova's death. And Bendis is the one who is writing issue 18 of GOTG, where we will see what happened to Thanos, Starlord and Nova when they were in the Cancerverse. That issue could either A. Just give Nova fans closure on his death or B. Set up a return of Rich, since we have heard rumors of a Rich/Nova cameo in GOTG movie, so it could be timing for Marvel to bring back Nova. I'm hoping for B.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44: Well a while back ago, Brian Bendis mentioned in a interview that "who's saying he's not alive?" when asked about Nova's death. And Bendis is the one who is writing issue 18 of GOTG, where we will see what happened to Thanos, Starlord and Nova when they were in the Cancerverse. That issue could either A. Just give Nova fans closure on his death or B. Set up a return of Rich, since we have heard rumors of a Rich/Nova cameo in GOTG movie, so it could be timing for Marvel to bring back Nova. I'm hoping for B.

Yea I hope so, and do you like the new Nova Sam Alexander?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

Yea I hope so, and do you like the new Nova Sam Alexander?

I've been asked the same question so many times so I'm going to give you the best summary of what I've told people in my "Ask me" thread.

I don't mind Sam. I think Sam is a good character and he reminds me of an early SpiderMan/Peter Parker. A teen who gets super powers and is trying to find balance between being a super hero and a teenager. That being said, I've already gone through this with Rich. I've read most of his stories from the time he became Nova prime and some of his early stories and his time with the New Warriros and I saw how Rich went from being a teen who just got his powers who would act like a kid and mess around at time, and then to becoming a warrior and a protector of the universe. But, people don't want to go back and look for all of Rich's earlier stories, so that's where Sam comes in. He's a more modern take of Nova. His series isn't bad, I've picked up a few issues. But it's not for me, because like I've said, I've already seen this movie. Do I want him dead? hell no. My ideal situation would be for Rich to come back and for Sam to team up with Rich and for them to start to reform the Nova Corps.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Awesome, Rich is da bomb. He's second to only to Star-Lord out of the human space heroes in my book.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Then Ill have to work harder to get him to being numero 1 in your book.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ostyo

@humanrocket: Sorry, bruh.

Star-Lord = Me

Nova = You

You see why that ain't gonna happen now? :P

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@humanrocket: Sorry, bruh.

Star-Lord = Me

Nova = You

You see why that ain't gonna happen now? :P

I'm going to keep my eye on you until GOTG 18 comes out. And you know why...

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ostyo

@humanrocket: lol Okay, but just remember you're still Lex. Nova just has some of your more noble characteristics.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: You may be Lex by the end of Aug if there's any truth of this.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Hahaha, that image now has a whole new meaning to me. XD

But yeah, that's not looking good. :I

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Lol in you dreams. Did you forget who's respect thread you're in? no chance for Quill.

But, we all know not to judge a comic by it's cover. I either want the book to do one of two things. A. If there not going to bring Rich back, to at least give him a noble fair well and to give me a ending that's a tear jerker. Or B. Give us a hint that's he's coming back, I think I really believe it's this one. You already heard the news about the GOTG film and Marvel could be timing all this together to bring him back.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Yeah, time to caption that image with as many Ostyo > HumanRocket jokes as possible.

Honestly you just said exactly what I think it will be, and that's the return of Rich as Nova in some way or another. I'm just not sure where that leaves the not so popular Sam...

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VanderSEXXX

I remember when Rider faced Annihilus together with Quasar for the 1st time, Annihilus displayed such fearsome feats. But after seeing this.

No Caption Provided

Maybe Doom's help would have ended Annihilation immediately but hey yeah it was fitting for Rider as Nova Prime to exact that good ol' justice. Always loved that panel where he ripped Annihilus' innards out from his mouth. To bad I couldn't find any TPBs of Annihilation anymore. :(

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@humanrocket: Yeah, time to caption that image with as many Ostyo > HumanRocketHumanrocket>>>>>>>>Ostyo jokes as possible.

Honestly you just said exactly what I think it will be, and that's the return of Rich as Nova in some way or another. I'm just not sure where that leaves the not so popular Sam...

Fixed.

I've said it before, I would love to see a team up between Richard and Sam. Nova prime and Kid Nova.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very impressive and informative.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: How would that work with that image? xD

That...would be cool.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HumanRocket

@ostyo: Doesn't concern image, it's just well known on Cv ;)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ostyo

@humanrocket: Riiiiight, I don't deal with delusional fools like yourself.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: I don't deal with denial like you.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HumanRocket
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

They really need to bring him back

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Cross your fingers for Guardians of The Galaxy 18. Rumors are Rich is getting a cameo for the GOTG film, and along with his fate being revealed in GOTG 18, Marvel may be setting up a return.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Cross your fingers for Guardians of The Galaxy 18. Rumors are Rich is getting a cameo for the GOTG film, and along with his fate being revealed in GOTG 18, Marvel may be setting up a return.

He's getting a cameo?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this gives me more hope that Bendis will do the right thing!!! Quill and Rider are the comic universes Cap and Iron Man

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

He's getting a cameo?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this gives me more hope that Bendis will do the right thing!!! Quill and Rider are the comic universes Cap and Iron Man

Yup, it was just revealed a few weeks ago that a Nova centurion, possible and Rich, will make a cameo in the post credits of GOTG. If you look at Marvel in the past, recently with Spider-Man, they usually bring back a character form the dead in time for a big motion picture film. This is what gives me hope that they will be bringing back the one true Nova Prime.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

Yup, it was just revealed a few weeks ago that a Nova centurion, possible and Rich, will make a cameo in the post credits of GOTG. If you look at Marvel in the past, recently with Spider-Man, they usually bring back a character form the dead in time for a big motion picture film. This is what gives me hope that they will be bringing back the one true Nova Prime.

Are you sure it's not Sam?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

All rumors are pointing to Richard. All news media are pointing to Richard. Marvel knows that Rich has a large fan base and following. Sam wouldn't bring the same excitement. Plus, this would be Marvel's way to say sorry to Rich fans.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

All rumors are pointing to Richard. All news media are pointing to Richard. Marvel knows that Rich has a large fan base and following. Sam wouldn't bring the same excitement. Plus, this would be Marvel's way to say sorry to Rich fans.

I hope you're right

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

I hope you're right

Me too. If not I will be heartbroken again. Two months and counting to find out.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@humanrocket said:

I hope you're right

Me too. If not I will be heartbroken again. Two months and counting to find out.

seems too long

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: It's been 3 years since we lost Rich, so another two months isn't that bad :D

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I'm pretty sure that in New Warriors issue 5, where Water Snake has a vision of the Warriors being killed in some sort of ritual, Rich was there instead of Sam.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@daredevil21134: I'm pretty sure that in New Warriors issue 5, where Water Snake has a vision of the Warriors being killed in some sort of ritual, Rich was there instead of Sam.

Really?

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, is Richard interchangeable with Dick?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep, so good news is: Rich is on his way back!

Bad News: he is going to bleed to death.

@pikachumonster: Na, Justice is more likely the Nightwing of Marvel.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: ah, so i can't call him d!ck rider.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@daredevil21134: Yep, so good news is: Rich is on his way back!

Bad News: he is going to bleed to death.

@pikachumonster: Na, Justice is more likely the Nightwing of Marvel.

Bleed to death? How so

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By waezi2