Not a dream, Not a fantasy DC Comics to cease publishing in JUNE 2021.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

Ethan van Sciver and several other sources are saying DC comics parent company AT&T are going to cease all new physical comics publishing in June 2021. AT&T has just this week cut the line down to 32 titles. All creative staff currently working without editors as all editors have been fired. Insiders say top characters will be LISCENCED out to OTHER PUBLISHERS to remain in print and draw additional revenue. AT&T then plans to focus on converting the DC brand into a strictly film and animation entertainment division.

Good christ....hell of a way for the grandaddy of em all to go out....

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Disney can find some way to aquire them and maybe save more than just the Trinity anyone else have an opinion?

iLambda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ethan Van Sciver is dubious at best and obnoxious at worst. I wouldnt take his words at face value.

iLambda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iLambda

@turoksonofstone said:

I hope Disney can find some way to aquire them and maybe save more than just the Trinity anyone else have an opinion?

No. Disney can phuck off.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda: As a working pro with multiple contacts currently at his former employer DC I tend to trust him more than most. If anyone other than Disney/Marvel gets them 80% of the DC mytholgy will be lost. Disney/Marvel is the only one who could afford to still publish books like Teen Titans, Aquaman, Flash, etc.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting to get picked up elsewhere....

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NicolascageGOD

@ilambda said:

Ethan Van Sciver is dubious at best and obnoxious at worst. I wouldnt take his words at face value.

And idiotic. Though I wouldn't completely rule his BS out. AT&T is under some massive debt. Shutting down DC comics seems far-fetched but I can see them using their popular IPs the same way pre-MCU Marvel did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff32262511a4
deactivated-5ff32262511a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP DC

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue is the comic industry

Both companies and readers

The 1 issue a month is a dated concept and forces restrictions on creators..and what do readers do? Keep subscribing.

Speaking of creativity man, the same characters over and over again for over a hundred years. Learn something from the Jordan brand and limit IP's to the public with quality stuff rather than flooding the market with low quality garbage. Companies simply havent gotten punished for that because ppl got these pull lists and they just subscribe good or bad

Fans are the problem to. They keep rewarding companies by buying #1 issues over and over.

#1 should only be for new characters and teams

Personally I think the one issue a month thing is garbage. Give me a full story, beginning and end, good character growth plot and climax.

But comic fans standards are too low.

Pay for garbage and they'll keep giving it to u.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

He has never said this. He quotes what other people say and says that he doesn't think it's going to happen or that he has no proof it will happen. He clickbaits his titles tho.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dream and fantasy are usually used in positive context. Just saying...

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO WOKE GO BROKE!

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a major publisher to fire the ENTIRE EDITORIAL STAFF something bad is definitely on the horizon. Future State is going to do poorly asf and reinforce the downfall of this company. I would rather see Marvel or even Dark Horse aquire them so they can live on with ongoing series as opposed to limited series and Tarzan/Dracula style crossovers. The DCEU has mostly failed, DC ruined superman to keep the copyright he has sucked since they took his man panties away for most appearences. Wonder Woman still pays out to the Marston estate for every use. Batman the most viable character DC has is long past overexposed. This was the inevitable outcome of Decades of Mismanagement. 90's 00's 20teen's all not that great for DC. We will know for sure in april/may when june solicits drop...

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Marvel is much worse with the WOKE BS. DC outside the Bat family has no consistant substance. And DC continuity is a monster clusterfuck.

Spidey1964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And we never even got a good Superman game. Sad.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Comic based Youtubers breaking story today. Main stream media will catch up eventually. Amazed at how its happening still.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking Critical has new content about it now Brian Hibbs confirming.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Fabok from Three Jokers was working on a sequel with Geoff Johns but has now left DC for the indies and is saying "DC is no longer capeable of producing projects of that magnitude."

Future State going to second prints the new price point designed to get biggest possible influx of cash from shrinking line of books.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a surprise

Deathu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deathu101

More proof that manga is better than comics.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creative mass exodus continues. Just as DC continuity is finally straightend out/embraced.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Further confirmation today. Steve Geppi of Diamond has first shot at publishing rights followed by Robert Kirkman. DC publishing IS FOR SALE. However AT&T are ONLY ENDING THE COMICS the properties themselves are being retained by AT&T for Film and toys etc. LMAO. THIS IS A WORST CASE SCENARIO. PRAY MARVEL/DISNEY SWOOPS IN.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Further confirmation today. Steve Geppi of Diamond has first shot at publishing rights followed by Robert Kirkman. DC publishing IS FOR SALE. However AT&T are ONLY ENDING THE COMICS the properties themselves are being retained by AT&T for Film and toys etc. LMAO. THIS IS A WORST CASE SCENARIO. PRAY MARVEL/DISNEY SWOOPS IN.

Credible Source?

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This a big bruh moment.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney should buy DC and fuse the verse with Marvel tbh

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

Sounds like a dream come true for marvel stans. I used to be a marvel fan/ dc hater when I was a kid. I can only imagine the flame war that would stir up between me and some dc fans in school if this happened back then😆

But they will probably just sell the comic licensing rights to another company, or even better to more than one companies but retain movie/merchandise rights. Which means more creative freedom since dc marvel keep hirings bad writers and don't give them the right to write whatever story they want. It could be a good thing from that perspective. And even from a business perspective. Because current dc sales isn't doing great, so maybe it will bring new market exposure. It's a big 'maybe' tho. But one thing that's definitely a positive is that if Disney also follows AT&T's footsteps it will mean the end of marvel/dc monopoly. The industry changes and the medium becomes free like mangas. They can start to grow from the bottom. I predicted something like this a year ago or so

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Disney should buy DC and fuse the verse with Marvel tbh

That's gay

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden Age Superman going into Public Domain in next 20 years, DCEU only a partial success, Endless reboots and a new ABSURD pricepoint on books that against all logic are selling well. DC is now owned by folks who value the IPs only and DO NOT WANT TO PRINT FLOPPIES.The disconnect with the general audience and focus on Batman did this IMO. They let Superman become second fiddle and lost perspective on what DC should be.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Like I was WRONG Supergirl #1 solicited for June. DC lives. hmmmm.

Avatar image for deactivated-604a17ecd899e
deactivated-604a17ecd899e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ridiculous

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Would you rather DC Comics go on milking out crap like their YA novels or end on a better note? Nothing lasts forever you know.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 94

@spidey1964: still a chance. They're just not publishing comics anymore.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ningenoid  Online

lol comics