normal humans can have powers?????

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Copy

my bio honors teacher said that if normal humans use more of their brain they can gain telepathy or telekinese (maybe both i can't remember if it was one or the other or both) but she did say that. So is that true????

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

your teacher is a moron.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Copy

Nobody says:

"your teacher is a moron."

i wouldn't say that she is really smart and i guess its one of those things she believe in

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Of course, humans all have a telepathic lobe on their brain that they don't use.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Copy

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Of course, humans all have a telepathic lobe on their brain that they don't use."

so it is true. And umm lobe???

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian

Copy says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"Of course, humans all have a telepathic lobe on their brain that they don't use."
so it is true. And umm lobe???"
Lol, he was joking.
Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Copy

Nobody says:

"Copy says:
"Cosmic Sentinel says:
so it is true. And umm lobe???"
Lol, he was joking. "

damn its hard to tell if someone is joking on the internent unless they put lol at the end

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I was joking and a lobe is a structure in your brain (and also Freakazoid's main enemy).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobe_%28anatomy%29

You need to look at it from a physicist's point of view and think about what telepathy and telekenesis are. For telekenesis to work, your brain needs to produce some sort of mechanical energy capable of moving objects. For telepathy you would need to be able to detect the electrical signals in someone else's brain and be able to meaningfully interpret them.

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Mantid

I know that most humans only use a fraction of there brain, but I never heard thet could have telepathy.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tevnoba

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I was joking and a lobe is a structure in your brain (and also Freakazoid's main enemy).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobe_%28anatomy%29You need to look at it from a physicist's point of view and think about what telepathy and telekenesis are. For telekenesis to work, your brain needs to produce some sort of mechanical energy capable of moving objects. For telepathy you would need to be able to detect the electrical signals in someone else's brain and be able to meaningfully interpret them."

Although TK from a physics point of view (at this time) is very unlikely due to mass/energy issues (However, things change quite a bit when you talk about this subject from a standpoint of Quantum Mechanics).

Now on to Telepathy. In a bio-physical stand point this is much more probable. The human mind already produces an electromagnetic field, that is altered by someone's mood and active surface thoughts. It would not be inconceivable that the human mind could evolve to be able to receive and interpretation the EM wave put out by others. Although in this instance language would still be a barrier, and detailed communications would be extremely difficult.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian

Mantid says:

"I know that most humans only use a fraction of there brain, but I never heard thet could have telepathy."
Not true. That was a rumor.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tevnoba

Mantid says:

"I know that most humans only use a fraction of there brain, but I never heard thet could have telepathy."

Let's clarify this misnomer.

The 10% guide line is in respect to conscious activity of thought. It is true that not 100% of the human mind is always active, but at different times under different circumstances almost every part of almost every persons mind is at some time active.

The human mind records details we are unable to access or even conceive of with the 10% of our brains that we have conscious control over. Practically every thing you have ever seen, done, felt, or experienced has been recorded in your mind. You just have not evolved to comprehend it. Once we do, the world will be a very different place.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

You do realize how little electrical energy flows through your brain right? Add to that, even if you could detect it, merely detecting a current isn't enough to know what the thought is. The electrical energy isn't a thought, but the energy powering it.

I'd be interested to know how you think quantum physics ould allow a person to use thoughts to move objects (something firmly Newtonian).

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rotten gun

i believe you can, why cant there be people who pick up signals that are in others or around them? you cant see radio signals but they are there. the belief in current science is over rated... some scientists believe they can disprove god and yet cant cure cancer.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rotten gun

oh and its the pineal gland in the centre of the brain which is believed to be the area that allows 6th sences

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Rotten gun says:

"i believe you can, why cant there be people who pick up signals that are in others or around them? you cant see radio signals but they are there. the belief in current science is over rated... some scientists believe they can disprove god and yet cant cure cancer."

Your nerves are insulated, just like wires are, to prevent them shorting each other. Their voltage is tiny. You really think a human being can detect that, much less meaningfully interpret that as thoughts?

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rotten gun

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Rotten gun says:
"i believe you can, why cant there be people who pick up signals that are in others or around them? you cant see radio signals but they are there. the belief in current science is over rated... some scientists believe they can disprove god and yet cant cure cancer."
Your nerves are insulated, just like wires are, to prevent them shorting each other. Their voltage is tiny. You really think a human being can detect that, much less meaningfully interpret that as thoughts?"

doesn't work like that

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crazy spidey

dude, RG, wether anyone can cure cancer is irrelevant (whered did god come from?). Humans use 10% their brain, what if humans could use all of it... no study has ever showed results for anything even close to that. Telepathy, at least in the commercial way, would be impossible same as telekenisis. However I imagine it might be more concrte, ie higher iq's a different perception on reality, especailly if each MI (multiple intenlliengence) is increased. However, this is all scientific ponderings, so how can u say its "overated"

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Rotten gun says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"Rotten gun says:
Your nerves are insulated, just like wires are, to prevent them shorting each other. Their voltage is tiny. You really think a human being can detect that, much less meaningfully interpret that as thoughts?"
doesn't work like that"

How does it work? Please enlighten me.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Methos

oh dear god, i can feel my IQ dropping as i read this thread...

M

power kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By power kid

I miss that show Freakazoid

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

power kid says:

"I miss that show Freakazoid"

So do I. Shame they only made two series.

power kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By power kid

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"power kid says:
"I miss that show Freakazoid"
So do I. Shame they only made two series."

i know

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vrakmul

Mantid says:

Actually that theory was proven to be wrong along time ago. It just sticked with the normal populace for a long time like a lot of other falsehoods.