No Way Home - Did Doc Ock Statue Dr Strange?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Poll No Way Home - Did Doc Ock Statue Dr Strange? (40 votes)

yes he statued Strange 55%
no 45%

Here is the feat.^

No Caption Provided

Here is how the script describes it.^

---

• 
heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By heiqn

I guess we can never know if he was standing still while doing the spell or he was legit statued by Spider-Men and enemies.

by feats, he shouldn't be.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He was clearly focused on the box. You can see Strange react to Goblin right after, too.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He was clearly focused on the box. You can see Strange react to Goblin right after, too.

This

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@heiqn said:

I guess we can never know if he was standing still while doing the spell or he was legit statued by Spider-Men and enemies.

Seems pretty clear that Ock saved him from the bombs he wasnt reacting too the script seems to read like the bombs were heading for Strange and Ock saved him), and he doesnt move at all until after Goblin blitzes the box outta his hands...he looks pretty frozen....Spideys unconscious body was a bit faster than Strange also, this doesnt mean that Strange is slo or anything; Strange can still statue a regular human ofc, strange has good speed still.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

IDK man, everyones moving but him, and the bobs were coming right at him, ye he was looking at the box but the way hes just not moving at all sure looks like hes statued.

Like just playing it back and forth Strange isnt moving at all, not his hands or his eyes or anything...sure looks like Ock saves him from the bombs while he is dead still....we can say that he was looking down ofc, thats fair context, but he is still really really still.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By heiqn
@death4bunnies said:
@heiqn said:

Seems pretty clear that Ock saved him from the bombs he wasnt reacting too the script seems to read like the bombs were heading for Strange and Ock saved him), and he doesnt move at all until after Goblin blitzes the box outta his hands...he looks pretty frozen....Spideys unconscious body was a bit faster than Strange also, this doesnt mean that Strange is slo or anything; Strange can still statue a regular human ofc, strange has good speed still.

This also looks possible. Or it can be a mixture of both possibilities, He reacted to bombs but from a very shorter distance which might end up with bombs hurting him pretty bad. Fully statued Strange does not look possible but I don't think he can move as fast as others.

Maybe that's the reason why writers implied Dock and others saved him.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

he isnt moving at all, not his hands or his eyes or anything...

Not high res enough to make out his eyes. If you look at his hands in the scene immediately after where Goblin takes the box and he turns to look at him, his hands appear still as well. Whatever spell he's casting simply requires his hands be still.

sure looks like Ock saves him from the bombs while he is dead still....we can say that he was looking down ofc, thats fair context, but he is still really really still.

Way I see it, he could be still either because (A) Ock (by proxy anyone who's comparable to Ock) is much faster than him (B) he's heavily focused on the spell

Considering the context around Strange scaling:

Strange successfully captured Lizard

Strange could keep up with Spider-Man earlier on in the film

Strange reacted to Goblin immediately after

I think B is much more likely than A. It's also possible Strange didn't consider the bombs a threat since he was unharmed by the explosion.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@heiqn said:
@death4bunnies said:
@heiqn said:

This also looks possible. Or it can be a mixture of both possibilities, He reacted to bombs but from a very shorter distance which might end up with bombs hurting him pretty bad. Fully statued Strange does not look possible but I don't think he can move as fast as others.

Maybe that's the reason why writers implied Dock and others saved him.

Ye it seems to show a speed edge for the Spiders and Villains when they use high effort.

Goblin sneaking the bomb into the box is pretty neat too, the script says no one saw, but the Spiders felt the danger…imma add it to the RT for Spidey sense.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies:

Not high res enough to make out his eyes. If you look at his hands in the scene immediately after where Goblin takes the box and he turns to look at him, his hands appear still as well. Whatever spell he's casting simply requires his hands be still.

sure looks like Ock saves him from the bombs while he is dead still....we can say that he was looking down ofc, thats fair context, but he is still really really still.

Way I see it, he could be still either because (A) Ock (by proxy anyone who's comparable to Ock) is much faster than him (B) he's heavily focused on the spell

I think B is much more likely than A. It's also possible Strange didn't consider the bombs a threat since he was unharmed by the explosion.

Im watching it back and forth on digital, his eyes and everything else on his is pretty frozen.

Strange took a hit to the cheek from lizard but fair enough, like I said he not slo.

Strange could not keep up with SM physically, we saw him grabbing for the box and being slower than Spidey; who instincts keep him just fast enough to stay ahead.

Goblin blizted the box right outta his hands, and snuck a bomb into it.

They were sharp bombs, and he considered the explosion a threat he was unharmed by it, but he saw the pumpkin bomb in the box and ducked…strange does have some goat dura tho.

——

IDK, I think this shows a clear speed edge; strange looks pretty frozen, but either way he wasn’t reacting and Ock caught the bombs that were heading for him.

Id say A, the way Petes unconscious body was untouchable to strange physically shows this, backed up by this scene. A speed edge at least.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@heiqn said:

@death4bunnies: btw how Strange didn't die from the bomb in the box?

Passive protection spells(like what if), unconfirmed but would explain a lot; he has a bunch of superhuman feats; off the top of my head I think maw ragdolled him good once.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@heiqn said:

Passive protection spells(like what if), unconfirmed but would explain a lot; he has a bunch of superhuman feats; off the top of my head I think maw ragdolled him good once.

Just looked through his feats on discord.. he tanked this grenade too.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zafros13  Online

Statue is kind of an overally dramatic term when the person being statued is barley moving but yeah Dr. Strange didn't seem to be reacting to the situation as fast as others because there faster.

Avatar image for deactivated-643c2f997f774
deactivated-643c2f997f774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Otto Octavius is faster than the other Doctor.

No Caption Provided

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KryptonianKing88
@kryptonianking88 said:

@death4bunnies:

Im watching it back and forth on digital, his eyes and everything else on his is pretty frozen.

do you have a high res gif?

Strange took a hit to the cheek from lizard but fair enough, like I said he not slo.

Yeah and Lizard still got capped. Lizard, who has no reason to hold back on speed, couldn't blitz and gut Strange.

Strange could not keep up with SM physically, we saw him grabbing for the box and being slower than Spidey; who instincts keep him just fast enough to stay ahead.

In that scene Spider-Man's only 1-2 faster than Strange, nowhere near enough fast enough to statue someone. plus he's operating on pure spider sense in that scene so it's not raw speed either,

He turned to look at Goblin right after. What's your counter for this? If Spider-Man and his foes are so much faster than Strange that he gets statued. How does Strange turn his head right after to look at him?

They were sharp bombs, and he considered the explosion a threat he was unharmed by it, but he saw the pumpkin bomb in the box and ducked…strange does have some goat dura tho.

True.

——

IDK, I think this shows a clear speed edge; strange looks pretty frozen, but either way he wasn’t reacting and Ock caught the bombs that were heading for him.

Ock caught the bombs, Strange was standing still, these facts don't imply Strange is a statue to them if you take into account the context surrounding the scene.

Id say A, the way Petes unconscious body was untouchable to strange physically shows this, backed up by this scene. A speed edge at least.

It shows a speed edge (with spider sense) but that doesn't mean he's a statue. You can't say A has a speed edge over B and take that to the extreme and say A statues B.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

@death4bunnies:

do you have a high res gif?

Yeah and Lizard still got capped. Lizard, who has no reason to hold back on speed, couldn't blitz and gut Strange.

In that scene Spider-Man's only 1-2 faster than Strange, nowhere near enough fast enough to statue someone. plus he's operating on pure spider sense in that scene so it's not raw speed either,

He turned to look at Goblin right after. What's your counter for this? If Spider-Man and his foes are so much faster than Strange that he gets statued. How does Strange turn his head right after to look at him?

True.

——

Ock caught the bombs, Strange was standing still, these facts don't imply Strange is a statue to them if you take into account the context surrounding the scene.

It shows a speed edge (with spider sense) but that doesn't mean he's a statue. You can't say A has a speed edge over B and take that to the extreme and say A statues B.

I can only screen cap, that’s what that gif is.. my digital version turns black when I try to copy it in full.

Ye again my argument isn’t that strange is slo, lizard thing is awesome.

Its raw speed bruh, he’s moving his physical body through instinct(tantamount to trusting his instincts like when he closed his eyes in FFH) .. and why would he move any faster than he has to to keep the box away from strange? He was only moving as fast as he needed to keep the box away not as fast as he could.

Idk what you mean, like ofc Strange turns after the the box is blitzed away..but he’s very still when everyone is moving near their fastest to intercept bombs. Its just higher effort.

It seems like he’s not reacting at all, and completely still, I don’t know how else to describe it.. like full context we’d just say “Ock intercepted bombs heading for Strange while Strange was messing with his box, Strange did not move or react to the bombs at all, then goblin blitzed the box outta strange hands, strange started moving and reacting then” that would be full context, and I think that’s fair to add that context; but it still really looks like a edge to me…and bigger edge with high effort.

Im not meaning to ‘take‘ it to any extreme, im just noting the man isn’t moving a bit.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@zafros13 said:

Statue is kind of an overally dramatic term when the person being statued is barley moving but yeah Dr. Strange didn't seem to be reacting to the situation as fast as others because there faster.

Fair.. I was just trying to point out how strange seems a bit frozen.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

Avatar image for deactivated-63d749e0527b1
deactivated-63d749e0527b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

🕷🕸⚡️🐙 Strange was statued. 🕸🕷⚡️🐙

MCU Spider-man is surprisingly powerful.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah they clearly did, all of them.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KryptonianKing88

@death4bunnies:

Ye again my argument isn’t that strange is slo, lizard thing is awesome.

You agree Ock can statue Strange but Lizard for some reason can't? If Ock is as fast you say, Strange would've died fighting Connors. Lizard would've been FTE from his POV and gutted him before he could react.

Its raw speed bruh, he’s moving his physical body through instinct(tantamount to trusting his instincts like when he closed his eyes in FFH) ..

Spider sense knows Strange is gonna move before he even does, it's practically precog

and why would he move any faster than he has to to keep the box away from strange? He was only moving as fast as he needed to keep the box away not as fast as he could.

Okay, still be feats no more than a 2x speed difference, it's not enough to support him being 10+ times faster than strange. And you say not as fast meaning it's somehow a conscious decision from Spider-Man, but he's not controlling his body (headcanon here, but I think you'll agree) his senses are

Idk what you mean, like ofc Strange turns after the the box is blitzed away..but he’s very still when everyone is moving near their fastest to intercept bombs. Its just higher effort.

Very still cuz he has the box to work with. He turns after cuz now the Goblin is his focus. Him moving afterwards makes no difference, he's still clearly relative to them if he can react and turn.

Also why would this be any higher effort than Lizard, who has no reason to hold back or Peter earlier in the film when he's trying to escape Strange and save lives?

It seems like he’s not reacting at all, and completely still, I don’t know how else to describe it.. like full context we’d just say “Ock intercepted bombs heading for Strange while Strange was messing with his box, Strange did not move or react to the bombs at all, then goblin blitzed the box outta strange hands, strange started moving and reacting then” that would be full context, and I think that’s fair to add that context; but it still really looks like a edge to me…and bigger edge with high effort.

I mostly agree with this, but the wording is a little biased. If I'm eating food and a ball heads towards me, me not "reacting" to the ball is not the most honest description as that would generally imply I was decently focused on it but didn't care for it or I didn't have the speed to do so.

Goblin snatching the box isn't a blitz either, since Strange wasn't focused on him. It's like descibing a sucker punch as a "blitz."

I'd say:

"Ock intercepted the bombs as Strange stood in place messing with the box. Goblin took the box from him. Strange turned towards him."

That's the most objective description I can think of for the scene.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Doctor strange was just focused on the box

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@kryptonianking88:

Spidey is faster than lizard (that’s how he can kick a running lizard from behind, but they are relative.. I think what you missing is highest effort.. the spiders and Ock reacted to a life or death threat, lizard did some stuff off screen I don’t know what level effort he was using, but seems unfair to say he was at highest effort off screen.

Precog or not he’s clearly moving faster than strange.. and my point is his spider sense only makes him move fast enough to protect him from danger. Nothing about that astral scene suggested top speed for spidey, just fast enough to stay ahead.

He like very very still dude, if we use your ball analogy it would be like someone cackles as they throw the ball, everyone else at the table(who also weren’t looking) gets up and catches a ball, and you don’t move at all, even with explosions in your face your eyes don’t even come up.

I think he was pretty well frozen in that moment.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

The difference between Spider-Man and Lizard is relatively minor. Either Strange is comparable to Lizard and by proxy Spider-Man, meaning no statue force. Or Lizard is comparable to Spider-Man and statues and kills Strange, contradicting what happens in the film. It's not unfair at all, why would Lizard hold back his speed against a stranger trying to capture him?

He is, but it doesn't support a statue level difference. It's the difference betweeen a fast person and a slow person, not a speedster and a regular person, as statue force would require. The only thing the fight scene shows is pure spider sense Peter is faster than Strange and that Strange can tag a regular Spider-Man, the first doesn't support a massive speed difference enough to statue Strange and the second is an obvious contradiction.

With the ball analogy, I was just criticizing your word choice, but to be more accurate to the film, everyone else at the table is doing nothing but you're really really hungry. Who's more inclined to catch the ball?

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By God_Vulcan

Clearly

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@kryptonianking88:

It’s not aboutmouzard holding back his soeed, it’s just about what these people can accomplish when pressed .. it was a life or death situation in the op gifs, meanwhile strange vs lizard happened off screen. There are a lot of ways Strange could overcome a speed disparity that could of happened off screen.. seems silly to disregard what we see on screen for what we don’t see off screen.

Pure spider sense Spidey seems to be headcanon, he can move his body that fast physically.. and in a life or death situation (that never came up vs strange) he can go a little faster.

They weren’t doing nothing, your reasoning was strange was looking down, everyone else was looking in another direction too, but they were able to react while strange was frozen on screen.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@eredin12 said:
@heiqn said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

This

Bruh… he doesn’t even move when the explosions go off near his face.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: To the records I changed my mind after the talk and decided on the middle ground, somewhere between totally statued and totally able to react.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@heiqn said:

@death4bunnies: To the records I changed my mind after the talk and decided on the middle ground, somewhere between totally statued and totally able to react.

Fair of you... I think thats where I'm leaning too...I want to use the word statued, but it seem people will accept 'Strange didnt react while Ock did' a little easier... and I'm willing to tone down the wording I use to a bit to be more convincing in my debates.

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did math in another thread. I believe it might be some sort of magic time dilation. but if strange has feats in astral plane like a user said above "2085001 km/h(MHS+)" by heiqn.. then maybe it is just raw speed here. though it's still weird that leaves and debris in proximity are moving relative to everyone else but the background is motionless (which makes me think time dilation).. but tbh it also could just be overpressure of the punch itself that has done this.

this might be hard to quantify.. and i won't do both him and ghost peter way too many pixel cals lol.

hd - https://i.imgur.com/zJ1JVok.png
hd - https://i.imgur.com/zJ1JVok.png

i cannot find a birds eye view of the street in scene but google says it was filmed in a studio - not a real location. so i'll assume the average US residential street width (50 ft or 15.24 m)

lasso into punch
lasso into punch

lasso into fist: 1 s 267 ms

(v=d/t): (15.24 / 1.267) 12.02 m/s

spidey eating pavement
spidey eating pavement

(t=2s/v+u): (2 * 3.38) / (11.95 + 12.02) 0 s 282 ms

tom holland limb confirmation for arm
tom holland limb confirmation for arm
repeating angles of arm movement
repeating angles of arm movement

arm displacement pattern: (0.91 + 0.61 + 0.68) 2.2 meters

total times peter moved arms in that pattern: 15

(there's 1 minor arm adjustment and 2 off camera sfx which would indicate more arm movements - but as i cannot see i cannot infer)

(15 / 3) 5 > (5 * 2.2) 14.98

total arm displacement: 14.98 m

total time transpired in scene itself: 31 s 333 ms

(31.333) / (0.282) 111.10 x multiplier

(14.98) / (0.282) 53.12 m/s

(53.12) * (111.10) 5,901.63 m/s or Mach 17.20

btw this would also imply strange was moving that fast. which would mean speedster strange.. lol - tbh though i think this is more some sort of magic time dilation than simply speed. physics wise sound requires vibrations travel through the air to be perceptible - these guys are moving 17.2 * faster than the sound barrier. technically they shouldn't even be able to hear each other. but then again the flash does it all time so who knows.

God_Vulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

Cloak seems to cover him from the brunt of it:

No Caption Provided

Ock also grabbed the glider before Strange could lasso whip it, portal it, or any spell, Goblin also snatched it out of his hand before he could do anything. Strange isn't as fast as the Spider-Men or their rogues gallery

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@heiqn said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

This

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875:shouldn't it be:

14.98 meters (arm movements) / 110.1 (time dilation) = 1649.298 m/s or mach 4.8084489796 ?

You don't have to speed up again with 0.282 if you will multiply it with the given total time transpired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: no, that would be incorrect. you need to determine the difference in application between both real world (0 s 282 ms) and onscreen (31 s 333 ms). you cannot simply use the multiplier to determine speed - that's how you end up with mach 700 cw superman off of a bullet feat. i specifically consulted a physics and math forum about this last year after realizing i had a mistake in the methodologies i was employing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875: I'm not inflating the feat, I thought the opposite.

You measured the time dilation/multiplier from the division of real world and on screen timeframes. That would be 31.333 / 0.282 = 111.1, which is right.

Spider-Man's total arm movements moved at 14.98 meters in 111.1x slowed down timeframe, and that should be the final result.

Why did you speed up his arms again in time dilation with 0.282 ms? That's in your calc; 14.98 / 0.282 = 53.12 m/s.

-

It would look like Spider-Man speedster-ing inside the slow-mo (As Fox Quicksilver did) but he didn't, therefore 0.282 ms input is irrelevant after getting the time dilation/multiplier.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange was occupied with something else.

But Doc Ock is probably still faster than him, just not to the extent that he could statue Strange.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@ccbm2208 said:

Strange was occupied with something else.

But Doc Ock is probably still faster than him, just not to the extent that he could statue Strange.

@ccbm2208:

He didn’t move when bombs went off near his face, he looks pretty frozen. I think I might change the feat to 'Strange didnt react to goblin bombs while Ock did' in my RT instead of saying the word statued(even tho I think he’s pretty dang frozen to the bombs).

Fair?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6:

I'm not inflating the feat, I thought the opposite

I never said you did.

Why did you speed up his arms again in time dilation with 0.282 ms? That's in your calc; 14.98 / 0.282 = 53.12 m/s

he moved 14.98 meters in 31 s 333 ms onscreen - but the time transpired in the real world was 0 s 282 ms

(31.333) / (0.282) 111.10 x multiplier < how much faster their scene is compared to real life
(14.98) / (0.282) 53.12 m/s < real world application
(53.12) * (111.10) 5,901.63 m/s or Mach 17.20 < scene multiplier * real world application = actual result

if you're still struggling to comprehend, i suggest read the thread I linked above.

Avatar image for brawlmetaknight
BrawlMetaKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every NWH character is a speedster now. Run for your lives!

Oh wait...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875: I read the thread.

speed = distance/time

= (2.83 m) / (0 s 458 ms)

= 6.17904 m/s

In the case that is Superman is speedstering in the slowed down scene, from one point to another, the speed was calced to be 6.179 m/s. Then multiplied with real time velocity.

In Spider-Man's case, he didn't speedster-ed the slowed down scene, and you summed the total arm movements to 14.98 meters for the entire slowed down scene.

If we apply the 0.298 ms inside the time dilation, he would look like Fox Quicksilver speedstering in the slowed down scene. Again, there's no movement to measure other than the sum of arm movements, there's no move to get an input of distance travel from point to point in 0.298 ms in already dilated time in the first place since the entire arm movement is summed for the entire slowed down scene. There's no point of using it after getting the time dilation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6:

the entire background is motionless. there's a woman walking her dog whose entire momentum is arrested after Steven's punch. I'm not sure why you keep talking time dilation, or applying that to my proofs here - that's a totally different mathematical application. I even addressed that in the original post.

the methodology is correct. not sure what else I can say to you here, other than go re-read the thread I provided.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875: The method can only apply to a single movement moving from point to point to get the speed, not summing the 15 arm movements that has pauses in between happened in the whole slow-mo.

Btw, this is what I meant for 'speedstering the slow mo scene', or super speed in a super speed.

No Caption Provided

Here's the Freemathhelp's method you showed me (which is right): If the cube is moved by 1 meters in 0.16 seconds in the slow-mo, he'd be moving at 6.25 meters per second, then multiply it by 111.1 (times the screen is slowed down), we get his arm moving at 694.375 meters per second or mach 2.02441691.

We have to agree to disagree here.

I didn't and have no mean to be hostile, I really appreciate the exchange. Peace out.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read thread but we literally see Strange look up. Am I tripping?

Also can we really rule out plot?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Haven't read thread but we literally see Strange look up. Am I tripping?

Also can we really rule out plot?

Ye he looks up a bit as the bomb explodes, definitely seems slower then the rest of the characters in the scene.

I think the plot is expressed in the script.

No Caption Provided

They specifically mention Ock grading the bombs outta Strange's path, while the Peters quickly dodge.....Then the goblin blitzes the box outta Stranges hands, and Ock grabs Goblin.... Im leaning away from using the word statued; but he definitely seems significantly slower then the others...lining up with him not being able to touch Spidey with his astral form outta his body.