No Modern live action Batman TV show?

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why did Warner Bros and DC comics not bother making a modern live action Batman show that has Batman as the main character?, It would have a style similar to the netflix Daredevil series.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did. It's called Arrow.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did. It's called Gotham.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hyperfinn

@mrmonster said:

They did. It's called Gotham.

I mean an original Batman live action TV show thats not Gotham.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is there really a need for them to make one? Of all the DC heroes, Batman is the one who has had the most TV shows, both live action and animated, and the most movies. There's even talks of him getting another movie within the next couple of years. Batman has plenty of exposure and his stories have been well told. Why does he need another TV show?

Think of it this way: people complain endlessly how the onslaught of MCU movies is eventually going to cause superhero fatigue. That hasn't happened yet because there's enough diversity in the heroes and their tones to keep things interesting. However, doing the same exact character over and over again, like with Batman, is very likely to cause fatigue for that character and get audiences to get tired of him. It's a problem others like Spider-Man and Wolverine have faced.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: When has he had multiple live action TV shows? Only one I recall is the Adam West one.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

between Gothma titans and the upcoming Batwoman there will probably be too many live action batmans already. Since lets be honest the second Batwoman or Titans struggle they'll force an appeareance in there.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I'd rather see them trying with a different hero for a change.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: When has he had multiple live action TV shows? Only one I recall is the Adam West one.

I count Gotham as a Batman show for the same reasons I count Smallville and Krypton as Superman shows. I know that might seem unfair, but it still doesn't take away from his many animated series and live action movies.

Personally, unless a new live action series were to go for a more Noir detective/gothic theme (like the Matt Reeve's movie is rumored to be), I don't see the point in making a new Batman show. The effects of a TV series would be a step down from the higher budget effects of the Burton, Nolan, and Snyder movies and the animated shows have explored a ton of Batman's aspects, from the action to the villains to even the more comical aspects. If you're not going to make something better or something that different from what we've already had, why make it? What is gained for anyone by making a new Batman show?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer

@aros001: I mean, you can say the same thing for Superman and he's had more TV live action appearances than Batman, so why can't the latter also be on TV?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I mean, you can say the same thing for Superman and he's had more TV live action appearances than Batman, so why can't the latter also be on TV?

I do say the same thing for Superman. I don't think there's any need for either him or Batman to have another live action TV show right now.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman already has countless movies, animated movies, animated TV Shows and video games. He doesn't need more exposure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2
deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's too big time for TV nowadays.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause Dc has a thing where if a character is getting a movie then they try to limit tv appearances. Flash got lucky due to the show coming out before JL and doing good.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is terrible thats why