Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By macleen

The Original Hybrid

Bio

Turned around 1001. Niklaus Mikaelson is half original vampire, half werewolf. He was the main antagonist in the Vampire Diaries in season 2 and 3 before the spinoff of The Originals show where he is now the main protagonist.

Like almost all vampire lores, he shares some of the commonly known traits such as,

1. superstrength
  2. speed
  3. Durability
  4. Immortality
  5. mind control
  6. Enhanced senses
  7. Blood thirst

Super-strength/ striking / Jump

(TO) Klaus easily kills the governor's son for daring to speak back at him.

No Caption Provided

(TO) Klaus easily suspends a man in air by the neck without any signs of strain

No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn4) Klaus arrives just in time to decapitate a witch with a square academic cap saving Caroline and her friends

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 5) Klaus flips Greta and impales her hand with a large nail

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn4) He effortlessly overpowers Damon Salvatore (175 old vamp) and proceeds to torture him.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) easily snaps Lucien's neck(1000 old vamp)

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind a new born vamp can jump down a 100 meter cliff casually

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 5) While we're still on the neck snapping feats, here he snaps the Beast's neck

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) He sends Rayna Cruz (vamp hunter) more than 20meters away with a casual backhand using a crowbar.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 2) He overpowers Finn's hold (who was inhabiting Vincent's body) while being amped by the ancestors

No Caption Provided

The same Vincent un-amped, was powerful enough to flip a speeding SUV.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 5) Breaks out of Werewolf holding cell without breaking a sweat

https://youtu.be/KgOEqPmMMyI?t=96

(VD) He easily incapacitates Finn (Original body) before kidnapping him

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn1) He easily breaks out of Elijah's choke-hold and tosses him several meters away.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) he shows he is strong enough to twist Elijah's arm.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) During a fight with his father, he tackles him through a solid brick wall.

No Caption Provided

(TO,VD) During a flashback, it took the combined effort of Mikael and Elijah to restrain Klaus when his curse was first broken and he was turning into a hybrid.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 3)sends Kol flying with a simple punch

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn4) Klaus easily flings Marcel (The beast) several meters away with an open palm strike.

No Caption Provided

Also it took 4 fully transformed werewolves to incapacitate Rebekah(one of the weakest Originals) and that was due to their lethal bites. Yet she was still able to rip them to shreds. Klaus is one of the strongest if not the strongest Original vampires and since he is part werewolf, the venom won't incapacitate him like it did Rebekah allowing him to fight on.

https://youtu.be/YhwEGCpAl5w

In a few seasons back on VD, we're shown that a holding of around 5000 lbs is what it takes to at the very least, contain one transformed werewolf

https://youtu.be/PMaAfgzPEo4

Duarability

(TO, ssn1) He laughs through Tyler's( hybrid) punches, before overpowering him.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) He tanks being thrown by Lucien over 30 meters away and gets back up easily

No Caption Provided

(TO,VD) He tanks several attacks from Elijah.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) He tanks a punch from Marcel( the beast) that sends him several meters away, smashing onto a pillar in the process.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) He tanks a kick in the gut by Lucien (beast).

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) Gets dazed by a backhand from Lucien (beast) but he easily gets up without any damage.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) It takes two of the same attack to even make him bleed but it's still not enough to knock him out.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 3) He takes a shovel to the face from Lucien (beast) and gets back up.

No Caption Provided

Speed( combat, reaction, travel)

(TO, ssn2) He has shown to be able to outrun an amped Finn's ( Vincent's body) fire blast.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn3) He fast enough to blitz three humans before they execute the order to kill their targets as by Cortez's compulsion in case Klaus tries to kill him.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) He is able to blitz Freya

No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn2) he easily reacts to a bullrush by Jules (werewolf) and rips her heart out.

No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn3) He easily reacts to Stefan's bullrush when he tried to stake him with white oak.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 5) Klaus takes out 5 vampires at the flip of a coin

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn1) He is able to react to 2 bullrushing vampires

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) He is able to blitz ELijah.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn 2) While teaming up with Dhalia, Klaus is able to intercept a speeding Elijah mid-blitz

No Caption Provided

(TO) Klaus shows he is capable of fighting at superspeed when he attacks Lucien (the beast), a faster opponent

No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn4) He is able to outrun (while carrying the hunter) a room sized explosion (clay-more) triggered by a Hunter who before that claimed to be faster than the average Hunter. The same explosion that Damon had trouble outrunning even after a head start and leaving Klaus behind.

No Caption Provided

the hunter later wakes up in his RV with Klaus by his side.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn1) He and Elijah outrun a floor sized explosion after he triggers several bombs with only moments to spare.

No Caption Provided

They later look fine with no burn marks except for Jackson's initial injuries

No Caption Provided

Senses

(TO, ssn2) He is able to to hear someone walking past their gate while he was upstairs in one of the rooms.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) He teaches Hayley (new hybrid) how to use her sense of smell to find her pack.

No Caption Provided

Combat skills

(TO, ssn2) He takes on an entire wolf pack and gaining the upper hand. It should be noted that these wolves were enhanced, making them a lot stronger than average werewolves.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn1) He bests Elijah in a sword fight during one of their flashbacks.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) Goes toe to toe with his father Mikael( ancient viking warrior) and gains the upper on 2 occasions before his father resorts to use Cami as a distraction.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn4) Able to fight Marcel (The beast) on equal terms until Marcel uses his superior physicals to end the fight

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn4) Same Marcel was giving Elijah trouble during their brief fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Compulsion

(VD, ssn3) He compels a woman to invite him inside her house.

No Caption Provided

(VD, ssn3) Compels an initially resisting Stefan (then a vampire) to turn his humanity off and kill Elena(the then girlfriend).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Healing factor/ immortality/ pain resistance

(TO, ssn1) gets staked from the back and easily pulls it out.

No Caption Provided

(TO, ssn2) he easily quickly recovers after having his blood boiled in mere moments and attacks his mother.

No Caption Provided

Speculation

It is a well known fact in their Universe that nothing short of the white oak( doesn't exist anymore), an extremely powerful witch, or a bite from Marcel ( the beast) can kill them so far. Guys like Damon have tried every trick they could with one of their bodies( Elijah) and they couldn't destroy him.

The same Damon was smart enough to try his tricks on another supposed immortal hunter and it confirmed the realness/credibility of immortality in the VD/TO universe after he killed Rayna.

She easily comes back to life. Proving the concept of immortality truly exists in their universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLq7dud4M2s

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By macleen
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Really good job making this connection. I'll read through rest later.

(TO, ssn 2) He overpowers Finn's hold (who was inhabitting Vincents body) while being amped by the ancestors

The same Vincent un-amped was powerful enough to flip a speeding SUV.'

I don't know if you have mentioned this or not, but what makes snapping necks of hundred year old vamps so impressive is the fact that Elena, the weakest vampire in whole series, did this.

I'll see if I can add anything else. Thanks a lot for doing this.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Nice. Really good job making this connection. I'll read through rest later.

(TO, ssn 2) He overpowers Finn's hold (who was inhabitting Vincents body) while being amped by the ancestors

The same Vincent un-amped was powerful enough to flip a speeding SUV.'

I don't know if you have mentioned this or not, but what makes snapping necks of hundred year old vamps so impressive is the fact that Elena, the weakest vampire in whole series, did this.

I'll see if I can add anything else. Thanks a lot for doing this.

Yeah, I'll probably add that and a few others as I find them

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, finally a respect thead for Klaus. Maybe people on here will stop trying to claim Selene before blood wars buff had any chance vs him (and imho, even after). That being said, with 5 mins to work, going to go over it later.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcel is still stronger

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcel is still stronger

Obviously the current one is. The one before the upgrade was way weaker

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Klaus is a favorite of mine even though the writing in his show has gone down the toilet

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going through this is nice, I like a lot of the connections you made, like how the same spells could flip a SUV that he casually powered through, and I didn't recall the 5000lb at least, for a normal werewolf - which is he well beyond.

But anyway, in the speed feats, one should keep in mind he is an original, perhaps the best of them - and back in TVD we saw another Original using that kind of speed to run across an entire town in what seemed near instantaneous (to get to Elana's house). By the time Elana could even finish her sentence... Again, we don't know how big Mystic falls really is, but that is pretty impressive. And by A->B->C logic, Klaus should easily be able to replicate that.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Klaus is a favorite of mine even though the writing in his show has gone down the toilet

They messed him up. I can see him working in pet shop at his current state.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going through this is nice, I like a lot of the connections you made, like how the same spells could flip a SUV that he casually powered through, and I didn't recall the 5000lb at least, for a normal werewolf - which is he well beyond.

But anyway, in the speed feats, one should keep in mind he is an original, perhaps the best of them - and back in TVD we saw another Original using that kind of speed to run across an entire town in what seemed near instantaneous (to get to Elana's house). By the time Elana could even finish her sentence... Again, we don't know how big Mystic falls really is, but that is pretty impressive. And by A->B->C logic, Klaus should easily be able to replicate that.

I wanted to use that though I thought it to be a bit vague since we don't really know Kol's starting distance. There was another feat of Elijah covering two hours worth of driving distance in just a few seconds. I was going to use it on Elijah's thread

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@macleen: Hey man, you wanna team up with the Elijah respect thread?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure I'm game. I have several feats I have been collecting during the start of last weekend

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@citizensurfer said:

sure I'm game. I have several feats I have been collecting during the start of last weekend

Alright cool, what program have you been using to get the GIFs?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:imgflip so far, I was also looking to try giphy. You?[ inbox]

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: yeah he was such a compelling, eloquent, badass now he's just a whiny baby daddy

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: @macleen: Would you guys be willing to be my patrons in the Hunger Games tournament? I'm using Marcel and I'm at a disadvantage right now

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: Subsonic, maybe?

Really, I always wondered how fast you have to be to cover roughly 10 meters and appear behind your opponent without even being percieved

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: That's about 40 ft in 10 frames(~0.4 sec). So, 100fps roughly.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

That's sounds rather slow. I read somewhere for some one not to be perceived by the human eye at all at short distance they need to be around 550mph

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@rbt said:

That's sounds rather slow. I read somewhere for some one not to be perceived by the human eye at all at short distance they need to be around 550mph

Source? Bonnie did not see Klaus moving at all. What makes this even more impressive is the fact that witches have enhanced reflexes. With slight amp, Bonnie was able to react to Damon trying to blitz her.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@macleen said:
@rbt said:

Source? Bonnie did not see Klaus moving at all. What makes this even more impressive is the fact that witches have enhanced reflexes. With slight amp, Bonnie was able to react to Damon trying to blitz her.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?680659-How-fast-an-object-can-the-human-eye-see

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@macleen said:
@rbt said:

At best, he was moving near speed of sound or subsonic. Although, the Originals are known for their incredible reflexes and speed, Elijah did casually catch a wooden bullet IIRC, I can't exactly remember the type of the gun used. Be that as it may, with high ends they should be supersonic.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@rbt: Which is why I said they display supersonic reflexes with high-ends. So, how fast do you think is Damon with consistent showings? I have yet to finish my Salvatore Brothers respect thread, I got caught up with rl stuff and all.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: They are subsonic. This is the only supersonic reaction feat I remember from either Salvatore brothers.

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@rbt said:
@macleen said:
@rbt said:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?680659-How-fast-an-object-can-the-human-eye-see

I don't know how reliable this is, tbh.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt, @thebestofthebest, @theonewhopullsthestrings,

Okay, after doing some digging, this is what I came up with, not sure if it's correct.

Based on this SS we can tell its an American Highschool Basketball court which have a dimension of 25.6x 15.4 meters

No Caption Provided

and the Humans that he compelled were right on the division line

No Caption Provided

He was roughly 1 meter away and they never moved away the entire period since Klaus compels them. You can also see the three point line behind Elena

No Caption Provided

He is still behind Elena ( when she screamed at Bonnie) right before he superspeeds towards Bonnie

No Caption Provided

That gives us 25.6/2 = 12.8, 12.8 - 1 meter = 11.8 ( distance Klaus was before he blizted). This distance doesn't take into account the distance Bonnie was outside the court.

The reaction time for Matt who is their high school quarterback and team captain and Bonnie who was a powerful Witch( they tend have some crazy reaction times) which could be anywhere between peak human and more. So 100- 150 miliseconds

S= d/t

11.8/0.1 = 118.2 m/s = 264 mph

That would be the maximum speed either Bonnie or Matt would be able to react to. So Klaus would be moving at speeds more than 264 mph.

Sanctifye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sanctifye

Really enjoyed this thread. The originals don’t get the respect they deserve.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

**bump**

edited the gifs. Season 5 updates will up in a few days

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R.I.P.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: Vampire Diaries had it worse imo -_-

Stefan literally sacrificed everything for his friends, and in the end he had to sacrifice his life as well.....Huwatt!?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump updated

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: I think you should add something about their telepathy. Like reading thoughts, sharing memories, manipulating memories. Or even manipulating their reality, like what Silas did to make Klaus believe he was dying.

Also how they are very durable to telepathy. That's why it was a big deal that Silas was able to get into Klaus's head. It's also why Damon had to use Sage (a 900+ year old vampire) to read Rebekah' s thoughts, even though she was asleep during it.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@macleen: I think you should add something about their telepathy. Like reading thoughts, sharing memories, manipulating memories. Or even manipulating their reality, like what Silas did to make Klaus believe he was dying.

Also how they are very durable to telepathy. That's why it was a big deal that Silas was able to get into Klaus's head. It's also why Damon had to use Sage (a 900+ year old vampire) to read Rebekah' s thoughts, even though she was asleep during it.

I'll work on it when I get the time

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thread

I was originally(heh) thinking of making one in a few days.

Glad to see it’s already been done.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread

T_ballack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@rbt, @thebestofthebest, @theonewhopullsthestrings,

Okay, after doing some digging, this is what I came up with, not sure if it's correct.

Based on this SS we can tell its an American Highschool Basketball court which have a dimension of 25.6x 15.4 meters

No Caption Provided

and the Humans that he compelled were right on the division line

No Caption Provided

He was roughly 1 meter away and they never moved away the entire period since Klaus compels them. You can also see the three point line behind Elena

No Caption Provided

He is still behind Elena ( when she screamed at Bonnie) right before he superspeeds towards Bonnie

No Caption Provided

That gives us 25.6/2 = 12.8, 12.8 - 1 meter = 11.8 ( distance Klaus was before he blizted). This distance doesn't take into account the distance Bonnie was outside the court.

The reaction time for Matt who is their high school quarterback and team captain and Bonnie who was a powerful Witch( they tend have some crazy reaction times) which could be anywhere between peak human and more. So 100- 150 miliseconds

S= d/t

11.8/0.1 = 118.2 m/s = 264 mph

That would be the maximum speed either Bonnie or Matt would be able to react to. So Klaus would be moving at speeds more than 264 mph.

@macleen Nice calc, you ever look into doing more of this, it'll clear up so much.

One thing though, using peak human reactions just because he's a football player seems excessive, and bonnie has regular human level reactions, one way calcs are done for situations like this is to do a high end and low end one, the high end would be this and the low end would be regular human reactions, and the final value can be taken as somewhere between.

Anyways, nice calc, you should do more

KALADAR007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KALADAR007

※Nice one. Try including at your leisure. Klaus magical durability( ?) of being daggered for over 5 years in a boundary spell with no means of sustenance yet his magic sustained Rebekah, Kol and Elijah with Freya (I think) from the cursed stake and beast venom bite.

※How klaus magic is able to imprison the greatest witch and her darkness in his body.

※That Klaus was at his weakest in transition yet took a good beating from Bonnie channeling a 100 witches (The same one(s) who destroyed hell and controlled hellfire). It was also alleged that if she were to kill him in that state she will die.

※Resistance to Illusion such as when Klaus was able to spot and break out of the illusions casted by the harvest girls and Genevieve.

※How Klaus was able resist the hollow illusion to a great extent by not Killing Marcel(Beast) for example

※How Klaus is able to break from Finn ( in Vincent's witch body) telepathic or mental illusion and how is able to decode that of Aurora and Aya(?) REPRESENTATION ON THE CHESS BOARD.

※ Some thoughts on abilities such as empathy, thought sharing, telepathy, mind control, reality warping etc

※Cheers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he still loses to stiles tho

Callagassi72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still loses to glory

Callagassi72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still loses to glory and dark willow.

juan34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit: Stiles who? If you're talking About TW Klaus Fodderizes the entire TW universe.

juan34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the best we logically can say about reaction speed is mach 1.