New user here... is Comic Vine not as popular as it used to be?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not trying to complain about the site haha xD this is just a question I have for something I noticed... the battle forums seem to be way more active and lively than the Gen. discussion..... because with the Gen. Discussion page right now it shows up to the last 4 hours for me.... but the battle forums only show the next like 30 minutes or so....

So I had 3 questions to all the members of this website.....

1) Have the battle forums always been way more popular than the Gen. Discussion?
2) Has the site declined in popularity in general?
3) And if so... why do you think that's the case?

Tell me your thoughts any posts are greatly appreciated! :D

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my experience the general board has been slowly dying while also morphing into a cbm based board since I joined like 4-5 years ago. When I first joined I think it was about 20% cbm related threads which obviously goes up and down based on whether a major cbm is about to be released. I think it has gone up by about 10% each year since then while the amount of posts has decreased somewhat steadily as well. I don't think Marvel has helped things either though with the general quality of their comics in recent years.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, the Battle threads have always been more popular.

I'd say it's increased due to the MCU/DCEU movies getting people involved which is both a blessing (more people) and a curse (most of these new people have no idea how to argue, many are biased)

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having been here for abiut 6 years now I feel like CV has died somewhat. Sometimes I personally forget about the website tbh

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The battle forums is the place to be baby! That's what attracted me to the site. And sure I've explored RPG forums, and i'm starting to check up on the Gen Disc a bit more, but mainly, i'm battle forum guy.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV as a whole seems to be moving slower than it did back when I first joined about 3 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8ab474101c8
deactivated-5b8ab474101c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dying website populated by Mongoloids.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the 5-ish years of posting and 2-ish years of prior lurking I've done on CV, battles has always been noticeably more popular than gen discussion. With that said CV is definitely dying though, almost all the staff are gone, articles are once in a blue moon, segments like the "Best battles in comics this week" section (don't even remember its proper name anymore) are completely gone, more and more of the "good" users barely ever post or have left the site entirely, there are barely any worthwhile threads on gen discussion anymore, and battles is overrun by a bunch of live-action debaters. The past few months it's been especially bad too, I mean all you have to do is look at the Battle of the Week threads, they went from having a pretty consistent 60-100+ votes with multiple pages of discussion and were almost always on the front page of battles, now we're lucky to get even 20 votes and more than half a page of comments in the first day or two before the thread just dies until the next one.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk maybe? Things seem to be slow here.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many repetitive live-action threads, iw thor this iw thor that. Jl supes ig thanos.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

A lot of old and good users left to get replaced by lesser users. This site was popping from 2014-2016.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it used to be far more chaotic.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Yeah, the sudden surge of MCU fans fortold never came.

Stage3Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stage3Boss

Battle forums suck. Because 95% of the time everyone already knows who'll win the match. Then those people have to argue with a rambling fanboy(s) who refuses to see reason if his preferred hero is the obvious loser. 5% of the time is actually worth while debating. Then 60% of the time it's a popularity contest.

So what's the point.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

1. The battle forums always among the more popular, if not the most popular, forums on the site. General Discussion has its fair share of activity but but never that much.

2. Of course it has. I remember when I first joined here, there were times where threads were constantly getting new replies and talking to other users was pretty much like instant messaging lol

3. For a number of reasons really. Among them, prominent members leaving and almost complete lack of staff members with just InferiorEgo remaining

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV is slowly dying.

DubokTheFierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DubokTheFierce

CV is slowly dying.

Pretty much. I've been here off and and on for about 10 years and it used to have a ton more traffic.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Emperorb777

CV was a better site like 5+ years ago, back before you were censored.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I don't think it's even as popular as it was in 2015-2016, when I first joined.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it passed it's peak a while ago.

Still one of the best places for battle discussions tho.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CV was a better site like 5+ years ago, back before you were censored.