New Kong Skull Island Trailer!!.. is pretty EPIC!!

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

The New Godzillaverse is going to be bigger now..

Kong Size Clarification:

There are people still wondering how Kong will Compete With Godzilla being only 100 feet tall. I am here to assure you, that you have no worries.

Due to modern technology in movie making, creativity of writers, and a universe that has been planned since before people thought Vishnu was mothra. Not only is Kong a young Kong, but the movie takes place in the 70's,

No Caption Provided

This Gives Kong plenty of time to say his prayers, do his training and eat his vitamins, in fact, it gives him nearly 50 years to prepare for Godzilla. So if you were wondering, please wonder no more.

#3 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic!

#4 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@shin_godzilla: Only thing that kinda bugs me is it seems like a tone shift. Also it's cool to see those new underground creatures. They'll prob be the main antagonist here. Last thing I noticed....did you see how when they burrowed under ground it looked like a fiery pit or gateway to hell. Interesting thing, if you go back to one of the Monarch files it mentions the actual Gateway to Hell and the possibility of something living inside there. I think these may be those creatures.

#6 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: in some way is maybe a way to not be the same thing as Kong 2005... I've to wait and see what is brought to us. Anyway that stone-like Kaiju seems interesting too, and wait see a lot of mega-fauna! ...is possibly we will see a sea serpent or somenthing else.

#7 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Gojira2512 (2190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: Kong has always been a good guy, and the tone Human thinks nature is our control mesage is present here..... Humans drops bombs in SI and now Skull Crawlers are free, and there are possibly millons of them....I sill feeling the human drama in this trailer even if there is a castaway crazy guy on the island..... just wonder how tall is going to be Kong in his Adult form, cos this one still tiny in comparison to Godzilla.

#9 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be good.

#10 Posted by User_GX (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

#11 Posted by Sea-Beast (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Humor annoyed me a bit but everything else looked fantastic!

#12 Edited by Lawz (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this really part of the Godzilla verse? To me it feels like Kong isn't nearly as big as Godzilla was, so a potential meet up could be problematic unless they intend to be wildly inconsistent in terms of scale.

#13 Posted by the_stegman (40417 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz: they claim Kong is an adolescent in this movie, so he will be much bigger by the time he catches up the present day which is about 60 years from the setting of this movie.

#14 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawz: Kong is a young one in this film, is confirmed he will grown more for G vs K.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18752 posts) - - Show Bio

It's lit

Avatar image for xthe_black_adamx
#16 Edited by XThe_Black_Adamx (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla is a big ass water bowser that knows hyper beam, i never understood why king kong was able to beat him and arent they both good?

#17 Posted by DSB (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Bullcrap

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good actually

#19 Posted by StormShadow_X (17511 posts) - - Show Bio

That beat with Kong in sync was magical

#20 Posted by destinyman75 (15927 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah stupid pis Kong should not stand a Chance it was only America putting there monster over the Japanese one stupid

#21 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for capedcrusader202
#22 Posted by CapedCrusader202 (113 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

@capedcrusader202: He is likely 30 meters tall in this film as an adolescent..... but that still not enough to make a fair fight with Godzilla.

This is why he needs to grown more before fight Godzilla.

No Caption Provided

#24 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea it is.Cant wait..And I wanna see the dreaded and much feared T-Rex make an appearance..To give us fans the latest battle in the nearly centuries old rivalry between King Kong and T-Rex.

#25 Posted by tensor (8696 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn!!!! Take all the money.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#26 Posted by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

Good cast as well

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#27 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy $hit that looks awesome!

#28 Edited by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for capedcrusader202
#29 Posted by CapedCrusader202 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@shin_godzilla: yeah that seems reasonable. he should be able to grow to Zillas size

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#30 Edited by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

@shin_godzilla: meh I was refering to John Goodman and John C. Reily lol

nah but yeah, Hiddleston, Brie, Sam Jackson, nice.

#31 Posted by User_GX (87 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#32 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason for GZ to lose. They already tried to claim 100 foot Frankenstein, errr I mean changed last second King Kong, beaten Showa GZ already.

#33 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

i sincerely would be dissapointed if godzilla lost to kong. you don't stay an alpha predator whos hibernated near the Earth core for millions of years and then lose to a 100 ft tall ape. that would be horrible writing.

while some people enjoy horrible writing im not gonna stomach it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18207 posts) - - Show Bio

@xthe_black_adamx: Kong was amped at the last minute in the original Godzilla vs King Kong and given a size boost and electric powers.

Also Godzilla and Kong don't really fall under human standards of good and evil most of the timemail so they pretty much fight who/whatever is threatening them at the time.

There are a FEW times where they fall into the good/evil spectrum though

#35 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I also cannot help but wonder if they kill of Samuel Jackson and John Goodman first act of the movie like Kranston lolol. I mean they are the real talent there, and shown alot in the trailer, way to lead fans only to kill them off early lmao.

Avatar image for xthe_black_adamx
#36 Posted by XThe_Black_Adamx (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@capedcrusader202: He is likely 30 meters tall in this film as an adolescent..... but that still not enough to make a fair fight with Godzilla.

This is why he needs to grown more before fight Godzilla.

No Caption Provided

He's literally at the perfect height to give Godzilla some pretty serious head. He can pull a ko win

#37 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Looks pretty good.

#39 Posted by WastelandMan (8853 posts) - - Show Bio

That chest beating tho.

#40 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13583 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by terry2012 (9876 posts) - - Show Bio

I already knew this from youtube channels and the comments section of the youtube channels.

#42 Posted by MetalJimmor (6820 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't care much for the seemingly random humor. Having a few jokes in a serious movie is fine, but the trailer is supposed to sell us on the movie's over all tone, not jump between the movie's tone and a few jokes.

Still looked interesting. I always find myself liking the animals on Kong's island more than I like Kong himself.

#43 Edited by Gojira2512 (2190 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor said:

Didn't care much for the seemingly random humor. Having a few jokes in a serious movie is fine, but the trailer is supposed to sell us on the movie's over all tone, not jump between the movie's tone and a few jokes.

Still looked interesting. I always find myself liking the animals on Kong's island more than I like Kong himself.

The film is going to be serious... is just regular publicity.

My opinion is like this one... is a more commercial trailer.

Loading Video...

#44 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Right point here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#45 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I'll see it if i'm really bored, or it gets good press.

#46 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

People are already talking GvK, just wait for Skull Island to come out and enjoy it. At least they didn't go from Godzilla to GvK, and then have Kong about ready to spear Godzilla in the neck but stops because Godzilla says "Martha"....

#47 Posted by Shin_Godzilla (365 posts) - - Show Bio

People are already talking GvK, just wait for Skull Island to come out and enjoy it. At least they didn't go from Godzilla to GvK, and then have Kong about ready to spear Godzilla in the neck but stops because Godzilla says "Martha"....

Correction.... Mothra.

No Caption Provided

#48 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

i sincerely would be dissapointed if godzilla lost to kong. you don't stay an alpha predator whos hibernated near the Earth core for millions of years and then lose to a 100 ft tall ape. that would be horrible writing.

while some people enjoy horrible writing im not gonna stomach it.

I heard the movie will be king kong and godzilla fighting a few times and it basically being a stalemate.

Both Godzilla and King Kong are being represented as heros at the end of their movie. no way they will downplay them to lose to eachother. So i think they will stalemate and then fight some other monsters as a team. The epic Godzilla King Kong tag team will be too cool to pass on so neither will beat each other.

#50 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingbatman said:

Correction.... Mothra.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Im in tears..ROFLMFAO!!