• 60 results
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@scouterv: This pretty much sums it up exactly

What was the context of this? is he referring to Snyder's Batman or Superman? if either than he should get his bloody eyes checked. Moreover he just comes across as a pretentious a$$ throughout this video. That part about Superman flicking away Joker/some Flash villain...um you stupid tool you did the exact same to Deathstroke in the previous issue of American Alien. It's my first time watching Landis on video and I realize why people dislike him so much.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@entropy_aegis: Um neither. Scott Snyder just started watching wrestling and asked why everybody hated John Cena so Max made him a video and tried to explain it using comic characters. He's not talking about the comics at all.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

People are losing their minds over a variant cover now? just leaving this here for all the cry babies here.Now maybe I should go and crucify Landis and American Alien, grow up Superman fans

This is just as bad. Looks like bad variants all around.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis: Um neither. Scott Snyder just started watching wrestling and asked why everybody hated John Cena so Max made him a video and tried to explain it using comic characters. He's not talking about the comics at all.

Oh ok but Landis really did not come across as dignified in this video,it wasn't charming,just annoying.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@shizzmahh: Yes, he did. You need to reread the story.

Ask yourself; If Joker hadn't made Superman ask Batman to beg, what would have happened?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@shizzmahh said:

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

It's Batman's narrative box, and he says nobody wins because he doesn't like the fact that he just had to beat his friend.... Context.

@slayz said:

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Superman didn't let him win....

Nope, he says nobody won because nobody won...you can try to twist it as much you like but Batman himself said neither of them won. Scott Snyder himself, on top of saying that Superman wasn't even fighting to his best abilities, also says that the fight ended in a draw. So again, you can have your own opinion, but in this case, your opinion is obviously wrong.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jogga: There was a Superman grabbing Batman by the throat on the cover of a Batman comic so I don't see why it would bother anyone.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Fair enough. I honestly can agree Cena won a lot of matches he shouldn't but at the end of the day, it is what it is, and if it were going to be anyone in that position, why not Cena? Because they could have fallen on a lot of worse choices for their top guy.

@rustyroy said:
@scouterv said:

Honestly, both sides have their terrible fanboys that make people ashamed to be fans sometimes.

The difference here is that it often seems as if DC is more keen on enabling one fanbase over the other (I'll let you judge which it is) which likely leads to people getting tired of said enabling. Little things tend to build up over time.

But like I said, both sides have some fans that just plain suck. And I don't think anyone is outright "whining" so much as they don't understand why the cover is what it is. Even though we all really know why it is what it is. Goes back to that whole enabling thing.

In fact, I'd say if anyone really was "whining" here, it would be the people in an uproar over people in an uproar about the cover. Cyclical thinking, but not without merit.

This is a BvS cover and it has nothing to do with the comic book story, I'm pretty sure there will be a similar cover with Batman getting punched by Superman, I already posted a cover where Batman is getting strangled by Superman is his own book. And about the last part, couldn't disagree more.

But why? For the love of all that is good and just, why? Batman fans probably don't want to see Superman smacking their guy around, same as the Superman fans don't like this. It's not even bad, but just...it's stupid. You want to market DoJ? The Batman/Superman cover is a much better example of how to do that.

I'm not even a Batman fan, and I don't care for the idea of Superman strangling Batman on the cover of his own book.

And why do you disagree with me?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shizzmahh said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@shizzmahh said:

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

It's Batman's narrative box, and he says nobody wins because he doesn't like the fact that he just had to beat his friend.... Context.

@slayz said:

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Superman didn't let him win....

Nope, he says nobody won because nobody won...you can try to twist it as much you like but Batman himself said neither of them won. Scott Snyder himself, on top of saying that Superman wasn't even fighting to his best abilities, also says that the fight ended in a draw. So again, you can have your own opinion, but in this case, your opinion is obviously wrong.

To be fair though, I see what you're saying.

But perception is reality. If everyone but two people (one of which not being real) perceive Batman spitting in Superman's eye for the win a victory for Batman, then at that point whatever was intended to be the case is no longer the case.

Scott and Batman may both call that a draw, but there are people who would disagree with that claim. I mean, the person who spit in the other guys eye for a win saying he didn't actually win seems...backhanded, I feel. But, that's just my two cents on it.

Opinions and all that, right?

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: My catch is the fact that Superman spared him.

Can you really call it a win if Batman only lived because Joker allowed it?

The way I see it, Superman got the better of the exchange, and therefore a "win" in an actual fight between the two would be given to him. However, in the overall scheme of things when you factor in plot, you could say Batman got the plot "win".

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

To be fair though, I see what you're saying.

But perception is reality. If everyone but two people (one of which not being real) perceive Batman spitting in Superman's eye for the win a victory for Batman, then at that point whatever was intended to be the case is no longer the case.

Scott and Batman may both call that a draw, but there are people who would disagree with that claim. I mean, the person who spit in the other guys eye for a win saying he didn't actually win seems...backhanded, I feel. But, that's just my two cents on it.

Opinions and all that, right?

Then on the flip side, Superman was weakened, holding back from the beginning, and Batman had to use his body as a buffer so not to break his back in the fall. So, if you really want to push the perception angle it can go anyway. But, if you want to go with the empirical evidence, the tangible stuff that is cemented in proof, then the fight was a draw.