• 60 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Recently, DC revealed polybagged variants for March's issue of DETECTIVE COMICS, celebrating the upcoming release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Now, two new variant covers have been made public. The first is ACTION COMICS #50 by Martin Ansin. Much like the Rafael Grampa covers, there will be three different versions of this variant, polybagged. Each version will be equally distributed.

No Caption Provided

Also, BATMAN/SUPERMAN #50 by Kevin Maguire was revealed as well.

No Caption Provided

Here's the full release list below:

3/2: Detective Comics #50 (variant by Rafael Grampa)

3/9: Action Comics #50 (variant by Martin Ansin)

3/9: Batman/Superman #30 (variant by Kevin Maguire)

3/16: Robin Son of Batman #10 (variant by Ryan Ottley)

3/16: Superman #50 (variant by Kaare Andrews)

3/23: Batman #50 (variant by Chris Daughtry and Jim Lee)

3/23: Grayson #18 (variant by Stephen Platt)

3/23: Superman/Wonder Woman #27 (variant by Charlie Adlard)

3/23: Wonder Woman #50 (variant by Massimo Carnevale)

3/30: Batgirl #50 (variant by Kevin Nowlan)

These covers will be available in March.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

All variants covers will be about Superman and Batman and about battle between them?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

All variants covers will be about Superman and Batman and about battle between them?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Damn, even in Action Comics theres a variant of Batman kicking Supermans ass smh

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

So.... Action Comics is Batman punching Superman in the face? FFS DC....

At least the Batman/Superman is kind of nice, I guess.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat-God strikes again!!

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maguire's is awesome but I have a feeling this will be the Batman wank fest of showing how he can beat anyone with years to plan -_-

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

... they should atleast make their suits look like the DCCU versions for petes sake.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is no doubt mentally stunted. Get something other than batman/superman going ffs

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Why yes, because every Superman fan that picks up a Superman issue of Action Comics is going to want to have Batman punching Superman as their preferred cover....

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ad on top is stupid

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hush had a cover of Superman strangling Batman, so I really don´t know why the Superman fans have to whine Batgod again. Similar covers were drawn for Batman/Superman a while ago during the story where they are in Monguls Arena.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I bet we won't get a cover of Superman punching Batman. DC doesn't have the balls.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RustyRoy
No Caption Provided

Remember this one, whiners?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Despite all the Bat-Hate, these covers are better then the monthly ones

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The biggest star gets top billing people. It's that simple.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

Some do, specially when DC throws Batman against Superman a lot of times and 90% of the time he loses. Still doesn't change the fact that people here are whining about just a cover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
C'mon DC! Why?!
C'mon DC! Why?!

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Some do, specially when DC throws Batman against Superman a lot of times and 90% of the time he loses. Still doesn't change the fact that people here are whining about just a cover.

Since when has Superman beaten Batman more in their fights?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow so many crybabies.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

The ad on top is stupid

I've always hated those on covers. Whether it's promoting a TV show or movie, it's annoying, takes away from the cover and kind of dates it.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moogman13: it's just a big mood killer.

I'd take a completely blank cover with just the title over an cover with an ad

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

@jonny_anonymous: dude you have opened a can of worms that may never close, you shall be remembered :'(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@jonny_anonymous: dude you have opened a can of worms that may never close, you shall be remembered :'(

RIP in Peace

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Batman has never won a single fight against Superman. Ever.

SMGameHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SMGameHHH

Looks preeetay nice. Not surprised to see DC giving Batman the rub over Supes in AC though.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

@theexile285: Batman has never won a single fight against Superman. Ever.

Actually, in New 52 Batman #36 he beat Superman (and the entire JL through various means....) by chewing "Kryptonite gum" (yep...) and spitting in Superman's eye.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people just feel it's a bit...stupid to have this on the cover of his book. Now, if it were on Batman's book, that's a completely different thing, and it goes both ways. Superman shouldn't be KOing Batman on his book either.

And John Cena is actually pretty well liked. It's the old fans who don't remember the Attitude Era was iffy at best that still complain.

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Honestly, both sides have their terrible fanboys that make people ashamed to be fans sometimes.

The difference here is that it often seems as if DC is more keen on enabling one fanbase over the other (I'll let you judge which it is) which likely leads to people getting tired of said enabling. Little things tend to build up over time.

But like I said, both sides have some fans that just plain suck. And I don't think anyone is outright "whining" so much as they don't understand why the cover is what it is. Even though we all really know why it is what it is. Goes back to that whole enabling thing.

In fact, I'd say if anyone really was "whining" here, it would be the people in an uproar over people in an uproar about the cover. Cyclical thinking, but not without merit.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Nobody above 12 likes John Cena

Well, I like John Cena and I'm 22. Plus, I'm not the only one.

And honestly, there's no real reason to dislike the guy. Character's stale, but that could be said for a lot of guys. Outside of that, he puts on awesome matches and he's solid on the mic. What more could you want?

Not to say I think he is everyone's favorite wrestler, because he's not even mine, but I look forward to seeing him in action more often than not.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you're not a fan though. Why not, if I might inquire?

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shizzmahh: He didn't win that, Superman had him in a chokehold and could have killed him at any point. Instead he asked Bruce to beg.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: This pretty much sums it up exactly

Loading Video...

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta see Ryan Ottleys. I love his work and Invincible is my fav

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I'm still marching towards March.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm sure there's been a lot of villains punching Supes on the covers of Action Comics.

@jogga said:
No Caption Provided

Why yes, because every Superman fan that picks up a Superman issue of Action Comics is going to want to have Batman punching Superman as their preferred cover....

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Batman isn't a villain tho.

It's like having Superman backhand Batman in the cover of Detective Comics, that's clearly not what the core audience wants or needs.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Batman isn't a villain tho.

It's like having Superman backhand Batman in the cover of Detective Comics, that's clearly not what the core audience wants or needs.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@buttersdaman000 said:
@shizzmahh said:

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

It's Batman's narrative box, and he says nobody wins because he doesn't like the fact that he just had to beat his friend.... Context.

@slayz said:

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Superman didn't let him win....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Honestly, both sides have their terrible fanboys that make people ashamed to be fans sometimes.

The difference here is that it often seems as if DC is more keen on enabling one fanbase over the other (I'll let you judge which it is) which likely leads to people getting tired of said enabling. Little things tend to build up over time.

But like I said, both sides have some fans that just plain suck. And I don't think anyone is outright "whining" so much as they don't understand why the cover is what it is. Even though we all really know why it is what it is. Goes back to that whole enabling thing.

In fact, I'd say if anyone really was "whining" here, it would be the people in an uproar over people in an uproar about the cover. Cyclical thinking, but not without merit.

This is a BvS cover and it has nothing to do with the comic book story, I'm pretty sure there will be a similar cover with Batman getting punched by Superman, I already posted a cover where Batman is getting strangled by Superman is his own book. And about the last part, couldn't disagree more.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: You do realize that had two covers for each character doing the strangling? This is just Batmam rekting Superman. And there's no opposite cover despite it being a Superman comic.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: You do realize that had two covers for each character doing the strangling? This is just Batmam rekting Superman. And there's no opposite cover despite it being a Superman comic.

In Hush? I'm pretty sure there wasn't. Can you post it? And like I said before there might still be another cover with the outcome reversed.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nvm one I saw must have been fan art or something

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By entropy_aegis
No Caption Provided

People are losing their minds over a variant cover now? just leaving this here for all the cry babies here.Now maybe I should go and crucify Landis and American Alien, grow up Superman fans