• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for inferiorego
Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently, DC revealed polybagged variants for March's issue of DETECTIVE COMICS, celebrating the upcoming release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Now, two new variant covers have been made public. The first is ACTION COMICS #50 by Martin Ansin. Much like the Rafael Grampa covers, there will be three different versions of this variant, polybagged. Each version will be equally distributed.

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Also, BATMAN/SUPERMAN #50 by Kevin Maguire was revealed as well.

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Here's the full release list below:

3/2: Detective Comics #50 (variant by Rafael Grampa)

3/9: Action Comics #50 (variant by Martin Ansin)

3/9: Batman/Superman #30 (variant by Kevin Maguire)

3/16: Robin Son of Batman #10 (variant by Ryan Ottley)

3/16: Superman #50 (variant by Kaare Andrews)

3/23: Batman #50 (variant by Chris Daughtry and Jim Lee)

3/23: Grayson #18 (variant by Stephen Platt)

3/23: Superman/Wonder Woman #27 (variant by Charlie Adlard)

3/23: Wonder Woman #50 (variant by Massimo Carnevale)

3/30: Batgirl #50 (variant by Kevin Nowlan)

These covers will be available in March.

Staff
Avatar image for beautifultemptress
#1 Posted by BeautifulTemptress (529 posts) - - Show Bio

All variants covers will be about Superman and Batman and about battle between them?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#2 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11673 posts) - - Show Bio

All variants covers will be about Superman and Batman and about battle between them?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#3 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22857 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, even in Action Comics theres a variant of Batman kicking Supermans ass smh

Avatar image for theexile285
#4 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... Action Comics is Batman punching Superman in the face? FFS DC....

At least the Batman/Superman is kind of nice, I guess.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#5 Posted by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-God strikes again!!

Avatar image for br_havoc
#6 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire's is awesome but I have a feeling this will be the Batman wank fest of showing how he can beat anyone with years to plan -_-

Avatar image for saintwildcard
#7 Posted by SaintWildcard (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

... they should atleast make their suits look like the DCCU versions for petes sake.

Online
Avatar image for darthdeadpool
#8 Posted by darthdeadpool (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is no doubt mentally stunted. Get something other than batman/superman going ffs

Avatar image for jogga
#9 Posted by Jogga (1016 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Why yes, because every Superman fan that picks up a Superman issue of Action Comics is going to want to have Batman punching Superman as their preferred cover....

Avatar image for jogga
#10 Posted by Jogga (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

The ad on top is stupid

Avatar image for maxschreck
#11 Posted by MaxSchreck (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush had a cover of Superman strangling Batman, so I really don´t know why the Superman fans have to whine Batgod again. Similar covers were drawn for Batman/Superman a while ago during the story where they are in Monguls Arena.

Avatar image for johnny_blaze
#12 Posted by johnny_blaze (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet we won't get a cover of Superman punching Batman. DC doesn't have the balls.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#13 Edited by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Remember this one, whiners?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Avatar image for neongamewave
#15 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Avatar image for mrfuzzynutz
#16 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite all the Bat-Hate, these covers are better then the monthly ones

Avatar image for rustyroy
#17 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Avatar image for nightfang3
#18 Posted by NightFang3 (12363 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest star gets top billing people. It's that simple.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#20 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

Some do, specially when DC throws Batman against Superman a lot of times and 90% of the time he loses. Still doesn't change the fact that people here are whining about just a cover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#21 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
C'mon DC! Why?!
C'mon DC! Why?!

Avatar image for theexile285
#22 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

Some do, specially when DC throws Batman against Superman a lot of times and 90% of the time he loses. Still doesn't change the fact that people here are whining about just a cover.

Since when has Superman beaten Batman more in their fights?

Avatar image for farkam
#23 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so many crybabies.

Avatar image for moogman13
#24 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

@jogga said:

The ad on top is stupid

I've always hated those on covers. Whether it's promoting a TV show or movie, it's annoying, takes away from the cover and kind of dates it.

Avatar image for jogga
#26 Posted by Jogga (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@moogman13: it's just a big mood killer.

I'd take a completely blank cover with just the title over an cover with an ad

Avatar image for z3ro180
#27 Edited by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: dude you have opened a can of worms that may never close, you shall be remembered :'(

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@jonny_anonymous: dude you have opened a can of worms that may never close, you shall be remembered :'(

RIP in Peace

Avatar image for slayz
#29 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@theexile285: Batman has never won a single fight against Superman. Ever.

Avatar image for smgamehhh
#30 Edited by SMGameHHH (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks preeetay nice. Not surprised to see DC giving Batman the rub over Supes in AC though.

Avatar image for shizzmahh
#31 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:

@theexile285: Batman has never won a single fight against Superman. Ever.

Actually, in New 52 Batman #36 he beat Superman (and the entire JL through various means....) by chewing "Kryptonite gum" (yep...) and spitting in Superman's eye.

Avatar image for scouterv
#32 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

I think most people just feel it's a bit...stupid to have this on the cover of his book. Now, if it were on Batman's book, that's a completely different thing, and it goes both ways. Superman shouldn't be KOing Batman on his book either.

And John Cena is actually pretty well liked. It's the old fans who don't remember the Attitude Era was iffy at best that still complain.

@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@rustyroy said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

For the love of Cthulhu people... IT IS OK FOR YOUR HERO TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

Yes Bat Fans, I'm talking to you to. Winning all the time doesn't make any character better, in fact if it happens too much it just makes them predictable and boring. Remember John Cena? Do you want your favourite character to be hated like him?

I'm a Daredevil fan and if he's not getting his ass kicked throughout most of a story arc it's probably not a good story arc.

Batman still loses to his opponents, it's the Superfans who are getting all worked up over nothing.

Stop. Don't try and act like Bat Fans dont moan every time someone gets the better of him.

Some do, specially when DC throws Batman against Superman a lot of times and 90% of the time he loses. Still doesn't change the fact that people here are whining about just a cover.

Honestly, both sides have their terrible fanboys that make people ashamed to be fans sometimes.

The difference here is that it often seems as if DC is more keen on enabling one fanbase over the other (I'll let you judge which it is) which likely leads to people getting tired of said enabling. Little things tend to build up over time.

But like I said, both sides have some fans that just plain suck. And I don't think anyone is outright "whining" so much as they don't understand why the cover is what it is. Even though we all really know why it is what it is. Goes back to that whole enabling thing.

In fact, I'd say if anyone really was "whining" here, it would be the people in an uproar over people in an uproar about the cover. Cyclical thinking, but not without merit.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for scouterv
#34 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Nobody above 12 likes John Cena

Well, I like John Cena and I'm 22. Plus, I'm not the only one.

And honestly, there's no real reason to dislike the guy. Character's stale, but that could be said for a lot of guys. Outside of that, he puts on awesome matches and he's solid on the mic. What more could you want?

Not to say I think he is everyone's favorite wrestler, because he's not even mine, but I look forward to seeing him in action more often than not.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you're not a fan though. Why not, if I might inquire?

Avatar image for slayz
#35 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@shizzmahh: He didn't win that, Superman had him in a chokehold and could have killed him at any point. Instead he asked Bruce to beg.

Avatar image for shizzmahh
#36 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: This pretty much sums it up exactly

Loading Video...

Avatar image for slayz
#38 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#39 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22857 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

Avatar image for mogo1
#40 Posted by mogo1 (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta see Ryan Ottleys. I love his work and Invincible is my fav

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#41 Posted by The Impersonator (8485 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still marching towards March.

Avatar image for ccraft
#42 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure there's been a lot of villains punching Supes on the covers of Action Comics.

@jogga said:
No Caption Provided

Why yes, because every Superman fan that picks up a Superman issue of Action Comics is going to want to have Batman punching Superman as their preferred cover....

Avatar image for jogga
#43 Posted by Jogga (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Batman isn't a villain tho.

It's like having Superman backhand Batman in the cover of Detective Comics, that's clearly not what the core audience wants or needs.

Avatar image for jogga
#44 Posted by Jogga (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Batman isn't a villain tho.

It's like having Superman backhand Batman in the cover of Detective Comics, that's clearly not what the core audience wants or needs.

Avatar image for shizzmahh
#45 Edited by ShiZZmAhh (986 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
@shizzmahh said:

@slayz: It doesn't matter what Superman could have or should have done. Batman ended the fight by spitting Kryptonite in Superman's eye, there's no arguing it. I'm not even a Batman fan, but I can acknowledge that Batman came out on top (as lame as it was) in that encounter.

The narrative box literally says no one won the fight.....

It's Batman's narrative box, and he says nobody wins because he doesn't like the fact that he just had to beat his friend.... Context.

@slayz said:

@shizzmahh: But Batman didn't beat Superman. Superman let him win.

You wouldn't say a Toddler beat their Father at a game of Basketball if the Father threw the game.

Superman didn't let him win....

Avatar image for rustyroy
#46 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

Honestly, both sides have their terrible fanboys that make people ashamed to be fans sometimes.

The difference here is that it often seems as if DC is more keen on enabling one fanbase over the other (I'll let you judge which it is) which likely leads to people getting tired of said enabling. Little things tend to build up over time.

But like I said, both sides have some fans that just plain suck. And I don't think anyone is outright "whining" so much as they don't understand why the cover is what it is. Even though we all really know why it is what it is. Goes back to that whole enabling thing.

In fact, I'd say if anyone really was "whining" here, it would be the people in an uproar over people in an uproar about the cover. Cyclical thinking, but not without merit.

This is a BvS cover and it has nothing to do with the comic book story, I'm pretty sure there will be a similar cover with Batman getting punched by Superman, I already posted a cover where Batman is getting strangled by Superman is his own book. And about the last part, couldn't disagree more.

Avatar image for silverpool
#47 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: You do realize that had two covers for each character doing the strangling? This is just Batmam rekting Superman. And there's no opposite cover despite it being a Superman comic.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#48 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: You do realize that had two covers for each character doing the strangling? This is just Batmam rekting Superman. And there's no opposite cover despite it being a Superman comic.

In Hush? I'm pretty sure there wasn't. Can you post it? And like I said before there might still be another cover with the outcome reversed.

Avatar image for silverpool
#49 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Nvm one I saw must have been fan art or something

Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#50 Edited by entropy_aegis (20855 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

People are losing their minds over a variant cover now? just leaving this here for all the cry babies here.Now maybe I should go and crucify Landis and American Alien, grow up Superman fans