#1 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2940 posts) - - Show Bio

The marketing is starting to pick up

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Dislike the look for Mar-vell :( why is he jude law, such an iconic character just relegated to a b role

#3 Posted by Supermanthor (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good for me

#4 Posted by The_Kidd (11805 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is the COLOOOURR!

#5 Posted by Magian (151253 posts) - - Show Bio

^First thought that came to mind as well.

#6 Posted by NiteLite (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Dislike the look for Mar-vell :( why is he jude law, such an iconic character just relegated to a b role

Awe he isn't cute enough to you? Shuddup with this gay ass crying

#9 Edited by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian said:

@wonderbread: Hey asshole no one asked for your opinion

There's no crying going on, I said I don't like how he literally looks nothing like the character he supposed to play and that this iconic character is basically a support character

Imagine if captain America was falcons sidekick with no explanation

You didn't have to ask you punk.Yeah right go cry and drool at pictures of topless blonde dudes. Lots of characters look nothing like how they look in comics so I highly doubt that's the reasoning lmaoo

Lol so dumb. I care not for Cap but the movie isn't even out yet so how can you say "with no explanation" be quiet child

#11 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2940 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderbread: Lol so at least we all now know that your a homophobic child

That's literally the reason I said, so are you saying people can't have their own opinions? But people like you are allowed to belittle and try and make fun of others for no reason go unchallenged?

You may not like the character but others do

How would you react if for no reason some random nobody on the Internet mocked an opinion and accused you of being gay? When in fact I live with my Mrs and have 3 kids

Let's stop the childish insults and focus on the comics agreed??

Well I know now that you actually are gay because only gays try to use homophobe as an insult as if it's bad. I wonder how your "Mrs" would feel if she knew what you really liked? 😭 Careful, you don't wanna lose full custody of those poor kids

#14 Posted by phillip33 (3934 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15429 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#16 Posted by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Lmao you may think that nothing is wrong with you being a man liking men but you are ill.

Lmaoooo sure got me

#17 Edited by Stahlflamme (5694 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Iconic Mar-Vell looks nothing like Mar-Vell either given that Mar-Vells costume facial features and hair were completely different during his first appeareances even ignoring the canonic hair color change. And then there is ultimate Mar-Vell(Mar Vehl?) who looks yet again completely different.

"Iconic look"
Original Look/Walther Larson
Original Look/Walther Larson

It's rather clear they went for the Walt Larson era look.

#18 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: I know I knew I shouldn't have responded the first time lol

#19 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Thats true I actually forgot about his original look, I was more referring to the Jim starlin era of Captain mar-vell, with the longer blond hair and red costume

That was I think of when I think captain mar-vell

#20 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderbread: I'm straight, with kids, what's wrong with you

#21 Edited by Stahlflamme (5694 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: That is fair since it's his longest lasting design, but it really only became a thing once Mar-Vell split with the kree entirely and the negabands were established. If I remember correctly Jude Law was originally stated to play Waler Larson, which basically is Mar-Vel, but suggests that either he will assume the identity in the movie or did so in a previous version of the script, when Law got cast originally, so it does make some sense they would base him on the original design. Also he looks somehwat like the earths moghtiest heroes version, who is probably his most modern and well known appeareance.

#22 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Thats Interesting, I'll have to read up more on the original mar-vell. Still I do think it's a shame that we probably will never get a film version of Starlin's version of The 70s-80s cosmic poster boy of marvel

#23 Edited by Stahlflamme (5694 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Since Mar-Vell really has not been particularly relevant since those days or has much mainstream exposure, that is pretty unlikely unless its some directors passion project after the MCU ended or Mar-Vell is botn the MOST popular thing about the Captain Mar-Vell and does not die in it, to the degree were it would convince Marvel studio execs to make either a movie or show about him. The latter being more possible.

#24 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: I agree, what I think is likely to happen is that between this captain marvel film and the shazam film is that the 'name' will have got so much attention that it will cause a lot more to search out captain marvel and will inadvertently cause more to discover Mar-vell which would be good

What I find so strange is that he hasn't been used really since That Starlin OGN where he died from cancer and didn't come back, his legacy was passed down to the likes of Quasar and Genis-vell, Phyla-Vell and Carol danvers but never quite matching the late Captain, he was literally supposed to be the mascot of sorts, he even bearded the company's name, and even after the law suit with shazam he still had a variation of the marvel name

Sorry for ramballing lol he is a great character

#25 Edited by Stahlflamme (5694 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: The sales were never that strong I think. Which is why they killed him off in the first place. Replacements likewise never became breakout stars and usually had short-lived series before vanishing into obscurity. I assume his type of story is mostly for a niche audience among the already niche group of comicbook readers.