Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buttersdaman000 said:
@squalleon said:
@maccyd said:

So, from what I gathered, it's Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor vs Superman?

I think WW fights Doomsday(Reanimated Zod?) while Lex puts Batman against Superman(I think Lex might leaving those messages but acts like the joker for misdirection).

Anyway looks cool, but the dialogue is hard to hear, so cheesy.

Really? I didn't hear anything that was overly cheesy...

Ha, I am on the opposite site with most feeling cheesy and with the worst being everything Lois and Ma Kent say on Clark and combined with the scenes, it looks like Snyder tries to hammer symbolism on my head :P

Also Lex was a bit over the top, "devils came from the sky" "the red capes are coming", the second one made me laugh though :P

Im curious then, do you think the MCU dialogue is cheesy? Because honestly, while MoS dialogue was bad and disjointed at times, I never felt like it was really "cheesy". I can't say the same for the recent MCU films.

What was wrong with what Ma Kent said?

And yeah, "devils from the sky" was a little cheesy but I really like the "red capes" line, especially the way it was delivered

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

@buttersdaman000: Its Gal Gadot acting ability that should be the real priority. Not her looks or physique. Her acting ability should be the main concern. All the movies she has been in, I did not see someone who can carry a franchise such as Wonder Woman on her back. I hope I am wrong and she actually makes a great Wonder Woman but only time will tell. I still see her as a model turn actress. She was brought into the Fast & Furious movies for her looks. I would have been more comfortable if they cast someone from Broadway. Either way, I am not hoping Gal fails. I'm hoping that she actually prove a lot of people wrong and show that she has the acting skills and range to play Wonder Woman.

Yeah, that's totally justified. I like to remain as optimistic as possible though, so hopefully Snyder saw something we haven't yet.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks good.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154  Edited By BatteredArmor

"Hype doesn't come from the grounds below us it comes from the screens in front of us."

-Lex Luthor 2015

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film looks piss poor. MCU>>>MOS. This trailer pretty much confimed it.

Agiyosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is my favorite hero, but the rest of my favorite characters reside in Marvel (with a few exceptions), so I consider myself a Marvel guy, but this got me jazzed up. I didn't have high expectations for this movie at all, but now they are through the roof.

I can be so negative and cynical, but it's refreshing to sincerely crush on something once in a while.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jaken7 said:

"Be nothing. You don't owe anyone a damn thing." - Ma Kent

Another stellar piece of advice from one of Clark's parents.

I half expect the next movie to have a scene where Kevin Costner shows up as a ghost and tells Clark that he should find every school bus he can and deliberately throw them into the Hudson river.

I don't think you're considering the context of what she's saying. What she probably means is that, if the world is gonna regard him with such suspicion and outright contempt, he doesn't owe them anything. But in the end, she's telling him to do what he believes is right, even if he believes he shouldn't be this grand symbol of hope. In the end, he shouldn't feel guilty for choosing the path he chooses. Any loving parent would give the same advice.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't understand why would all the people on earth hate Superman?? Seriously, they haven't suffered through the awful Man of Steel movie, so why would they hate him ? hum ;) ?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, while watching this trailer all i could hear was Nostalgia critic yelling the back "I AM JESUS, I AM JESUS" over and over... Ugh..

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

Those evil people.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Im curious then, do you think the MCU dialogue is cheesy? Because honestly, while MoS dialogue was bad and disjointed at times, I never felt like it was really "cheesy". I can't say the same for the recent MCU films.

And yeah, "devils from the sky" was a little cheesy but I really like the "red capes" line, especially the way it was delivered

I don't remember any dialogue from any movie :P I remember parts of some but I don't have a full view. Same with MoS.

It was the way she said it(and lois), "you are an angel...." while the video shows people reaching to Superman and all that, it felt so heavy handed. It seems Snyder didn't learn anything from MoS' heavy handed symbolism.

I think it is cheesy and funny. For all the grittiness they are going Lex seems earie cartoonish in this trailer.

The Batman stuff look great though.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: They said it was with her chemistry session with Ben Affleck that sold them.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

lol. I just laughed at ol' buddies Lex Luther. But the rest of the trailer was freakin' amazing. I can't wait.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greeneagle said:

@smart_dork_dude: I cringed when Pa Kent suggested Clark should have let the kids on the bus drown. Then i balked when Ma Kent told him didn't owe the world anything, honestly why is Snyder portraying Martha and Jonathan this way? He is making them look really bad and destroying a big part of what helps Clark relate to the human race.

Pa Kent saying that was truly odd, but what Ma Kent said is in no way out of character. If you take the time to listen, she actually says be the hero the world needs, but know you don't owe them anything. I don't see how that's out of character or what's even wrong with that in the first place. Superman isn't Superman because he feels like he has to be, he's Superman because he has a drive to help those in need. It's not like his parents ever said "oh, you're a man grown now, use your powers for good"

My view on it is Ma Kent is just telling Clark it's his decision to make. She lays out 2 options and it's up to Clark to make a choice, it's no different than what any other parent would do.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

That felt good. I'm happy :)

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#167  Edited By storm-is-life

Wonder Woman slayed me! If I can't get tickets on opening night I will FREAK OUT!!! This Movie is gonna SLAY!!!

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

I half expect the next movie to have a scene where Kevin Costner shows up as a ghost and tells Clark that he should find every school bus he can and deliberately throw them into the Hudson river.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context_(language_use)

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is over 9000 levels of awesomeness in this video, blows any CBM movie to date

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I can't wait! I'm so excited with what DC will bring to the movies. I'm most looking forward to seeing Aquaman.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

I don't remember any dialogue from any movie :P I remember parts of some but I don't have a full view. Same with MoS.

It was the way she said it(and lois), "you are an angel...." while the video shows people reaching to Superman and all that, it felt so heavy handed. It seems Snyder didn't learn anything from MoS' heavy handed symbolism.

I think it is cheesy and funny. For all the grittiness they are going Lex seems earie cartoonish in this trailer.

The Batman stuff look great though.

Ah ok lol

Oh yeah, the religious symbolism and imagery is getting ridiculous. I totally agree there.

Haha I can see that. He mostly just seems like a creep, cocky, a$$hole to me though.

Yeah, Batman looks amazing, but imo, Wonder Woman stole the show

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#173  Edited By GXrevolution96

@g_leno said:

Lame. Superman could fry Batman in a nanosecond yet he can somhow dodge the beams? Lex looks dreadfull. Affleck does rock the batsuit though!

Whoever said it was superman's heat vision?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

@buttersdaman000: They said it was with her chemistry session with Ben Affleck that sold them.

Cool, that leads me to believe she does have some acting chops then

@buttersdaman000 said:
@greeneagle said:

@smart_dork_dude: I cringed when Pa Kent suggested Clark should have let the kids on the bus drown. Then i balked when Ma Kent told him didn't owe the world anything, honestly why is Snyder portraying Martha and Jonathan this way? He is making them look really bad and destroying a big part of what helps Clark relate to the human race.

Pa Kent saying that was truly odd, but what Ma Kent said is in no way out of character. If you take the time to listen, she actually says be the hero the world needs, but know you don't owe them anything. I don't see how that's out of character or what's even wrong with that in the first place. Superman isn't Superman because he feels like he has to be, he's Superman because he has a drive to help those in need. It's not like his parents ever said "oh, you're a man grown now, use your powers for good"

My view on it is Ma Kent is just telling Clark it's his decision to make. She lays out 2 options and it's up to Clark to make a choice, it's no different than what any other parent would do.

Exactly. I don't see why people are getting butt hurt about this lol

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm only excited for the Batman parts of this movie. Everything else is meh to me. But Ben is Batman now.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#176 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context_(language_use)

lol.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit. That was great.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: It's how people are, they hear and see what they want to then get butt hurt over it.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By The_Kidd

It looks okay. So Lex is going to create a Bizzaro out of Zod?:

Since when does she do that, is that because of her current connection to Zeus?

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: If that news was true, you'll probably see a lot of scenes between them. Which is why you see them dancing together in some pictures that were released.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Destinyhero20

Why can't this be just a Superman film? I have a feeling this going to be just like Amazing Spider-Man 2, too many pilots. After watching this trailer, I have no interest in watching the movie. I like DC, but this film isn't for me.

Edit: If the movie end like this, then I would be happy

Loading Video...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

Lame. Superman could fry Batman in a nanosecond yet he can somhow dodge the beams? Lex looks dreadfull. Affleck does rock the batsuit though!

Whoever said it was superman's heat vision?

It's doubtful Superman would be purposely aiming his heat vision directly at Batman anyway.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay,so where's the Robin reference??

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: It's how people are, they hear and see what they want to then get butt hurt over it.

True, such a shame....

@nybreezy said:

@buttersdaman000: If that news was true, you'll probably see a lot of scenes between them. Which is why you see them dancing together in some pictures that were released.

I'd like that

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@frozen: Are you seriously not excited for this man!?! I hated MoS but this movie looks amazing!

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer got a Standing Ovation at Hall H...and they played it twice...

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By NYBreezy

@buttersdaman000: The return of Batman/Wonder Woman romance in DCCU. This is going to be fun.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#189 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Are you seriously not excited for this man!?! I hated MoS but this movie looks amazing!

Oh I am excited for this, definitely. My comment may have come across as unenthusiastic now that I look at it, but that's not the case. I am pumped for this film.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmarshal said:
@nybreezy said:
@gxrevolution96 said:

Does anyone know if WW will have her lasso in these movies? I do not recall ever seeing it.

Yeah. Her lasso is on her right hip.
Yeah. Her lasso is on her right hip.

That gif though...

Her face is like B%$@H NO

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film looks piss poor. MCU>>>MOS. This trailer pretty much confimed it.

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

So that's why he and Jenifer Garner broke up :P

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was more excited for the Suicide Squad trailer but looks like they aren't releasing that

https://vid.me/NHC9

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry..I MEANT WONDER WOMAN!!!!! she looked awesome.

and i dont know how i feel about a creepy lex but jesse definitely is frightening.

cant wait. you did my girl justice and thats all that matters. thank you mr. snyder

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Ok, this is just awesome, and I had to post this after noticing it. The DKR symbolism is real...

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By FearTheLiving

@nybreezy said:

@feartheliving: Wait what? Are you joking? lol

Joking with the reasoning, not the part where they broke up.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: one has nothing to do with the other and its the truth. he doesnt owe the world anything, what has humanity done for him?

the fact that he CHOOSES to protect the earth and its people is in despite of all that.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Film looks solid. I'll say they've done a good job of doing away with most of my fears about this movie. I now really only have three issues.

1. The Batman V Superman conflict still feels heavy handed. It's clear that Bruce was caught in the crossfire of the events of the last film, and may have even lost some friends, but still. Seems like a stretch for him of all people to take it all out on Superman. I'm really going to need them to come through with this Jason Todd/Joker/Dark Past storyline to tie it all together, which at the moment it seems like it will. Unless Joker's just breaking into the Batcave, Bruce looks to have some form of PTSD related hallucinations going on. A battered mental state could definitely make everything more plausible.

2. Wonder Woman just feels out of place lol I like the costume though.

3. Jesse Eisenberg still doesn't really feel like Lex Luthor to me. From the start I defended him, just like I did Ben Affleck, because I actually like him as an actor and think he has talent. But his scenes in this trailer just aren't bringing things home. Not yet anyways. They're not bad though.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I regret watching this trailer. Now seeing "Ant-Man" after seeing this is like eating a cold turkey sandwich after a nice steak dinner.