New 52 Wonder Woman or Rebirth Wonder Woman

seanperez671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seanperez671

I'm a huge comic book fan who's never read Wonder Woman. I know its heresy..
I'm looking to buy a trade. Should I start with New 52 or Rebirth?

I hear that the New 52 Wonder Woman is a fantastic read. Then again, from what I see, Wonder Woman rebirth has some really great art, and its more current with all the rebirth titles I'm currently reading.

Any suggestions?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Azz's run. A better and more complete story. Story>>> Art

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm more partial to the Rebirth WW myself.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

New 52 was really interesting as a Take on DIana. Rebirth isn't bad but the best thing I can say about it is its art. IMO its the weakest of any of the trinity character books and arguably 2nd weakest of the JL character books.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azzarello's run was a completely alternative take on WW. An an awful one, imo. I don't even consider that character "Wonder Woman".

To me is just a gap in the publication of the character. Could as well be fanfiction.

You can read it as an elseworld, though.

seanperez671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, being a new reader to Wonder Woman, maybe rebirth is a better choice. Thanks! Glad I asked you guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Azz's change to her origin triggered a lot of Hardcore WW fans, most didn't read it due to that.

I find it a very good run, but rebirth is equally as good.

You should read both.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 by a long mile. The writer of rebirth had Diana hit and wounded by a bullet, which is stupid.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The New 52 run is a very interesting, self contained alternative take on Wonder Woman that still keeps an intact core but there were several changes which the hardcore Wonder Woman fanbase did not agree with. The Rebirth series has a more classic feel but some fans on here believe the story and pacing is too slow. Along with a lack of good action and this recent bullet controversy.

@gxrevs06 said:

New 52 by a long mile. The writer of rebirth had Diana hit and wounded by a bullet, which is stupid.

Is getting hurt by a bullet really that bad? As bad as poor writing or a bad story? Rebirth Superman has actually been portrayed a lot weaker than New 52 Superman yet his stories are better than ever.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly like new 52 ww. Haven't read Rebirth yet

mohhsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azz's run. A better and more complete story. Story>>> Art

Agreed it's one of the best ww runs ever and my favorite

better than rebirth imo

just make sure to stay away from finch's follow up,it is really bad

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Batvibe12

New 52 (Azzarello's run) is more interesting, IMO, but Rebirth may have the criteria for a new reader.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're looking to read an exciting story about adventure and family but completely mischaracterizes Wonder Woman so much to the point her world is not recognizable, read her New 52 run by Azzarello. If you're looking for a true story that respects Wonder Womans 75 years of rich history by a writer who truly loves the character, read Rebirth.

Just read Rebirth.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

The New 52 run is a very interesting, self contained alternative take on Wonder Woman that still keeps an intact core but there were several changes which the hardcore Wonder Woman fanbase did not agree with. The Rebirth series has a more classic feel but some fans on here believe the story and pacing is too slow. Along with a lack of good action and this recent bullet controversy.

@gxrevs06 said:

Is getting hurt by a bullet really that bad?

When you're dealing with a character who can hang with Superman level characters, yes. It is. It makes no sense. But opinions, I guess

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer new52 Wonder Woman. Rebirth stories have not impressed me much. But it's improving. I liked the recent issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with New 52. I'm going to be honest,the best part of Rebirth Wonder Woman at the moment,is the art. It's not a bad series,it's just ...really slow.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, New52 is better right now. I wasn't over the moon with the art, but the story was really good I felt. REBIRTH Wondy isn't bad, but I don't think it's hit it's stride quite yet with the story.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@gxrevs06: Oh I agree it's weird since WW is still technically a Superman tier powerhouse yet can be pierced by something that street level characters can resist. However, the piercing weakness has been around for some time and has never truly been retconned out.