Netflix to buy Snyderverse Rumor

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Netflix to buy Snyderverse Rumor (27 votes)

Awesome 56%
Good 0%
Neutral 11%
Bad 11%
Devastating 22%

Hypothetically, if this were to happen, how awesome would it be to see Netflix continue the Snyderverse? I’d be all for it because I love the casting and all the pieces already in place.

We wouldn’t be forced to watch Gunn’s (quite probable) joke filled DCU, and we wouldn’t be forced the watch the Snyderverse depicted heroes if you don’t like them.

All in all, I’d be all for it.

• 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

It's best for it to die. The DCU will give us superior versions of Superman etc.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We wouldn’t be forced to watch Gunn’s (quite probable) joke filled DCU

We're already not. If you don't wanna watch James Gunn's movies, just don't.

And anyway, I doubt this is gonna happen. Now, I've been wrong lots of times before, so maybe this comment will come back to bite me in the ass, but I doubt WB is gonna want 2 different DC cinematic universes running simultaneously. Especially now that WBD is committing to DC movies being "big, theatrical experiences" (which is why Batgirl was canceled and why Blue Beetle got promoted from straight-to-HBO Max to a theatrical release), and having DC movies premiere on Netflix would go against that vision.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the DCEU fans that like Snyder’s work I guess that would be a dream scenario. I call shenanigans on this though. Letting go can be hard

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option 6. Fuck no. And thank God it will never happen

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyderverse trilogy or no?

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1639064549109424128?t=On3XL4kMlHX_HwzUrJpKpg&s=19

Lol I don't even get what's happening, zack doesn't post for months then comes back and starts talking about April and 3 movies and his snyderverse. I'm so confused.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

It's best for it to die. The DCU will give us superior versions of Superman etc.

Maybe, but it’s going to hard to too Cavill, who fit the part really well.

If I want to continue watching DC, I do.

For the DCEU fans that like Snyder’s work I guess that would be a dream scenario. I call shenanigans on this though. Letting go can be hard

I highly doubt it will happen. My hopes aren’t even up.

Snyderverse trilogy or no?

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1639064549109424128?t=On3XL4kMlHX_HwzUrJpKpg&s=19

Lol I don't even get what's happening, zack doesn't post for months then comes back and starts talking about April and 3 movies and his snyderverse. I'm so confused.

Who knows, man?. Who knows?

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yejj

Will only support if it means the karathen returns

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it does, Snyderverse was good it shouldn't just end like this.

LogicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LogicBomb

I would rather have 1 Snyder film over an entire phase from MCU.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Great_Darkness

@tighten_returns: Nah it's likely just another Snyder Con watch party. They had it prior to COVID.

EDIT: It's in support of the AFSP

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/120elad/zack_snyder_shares_a_poster_for_his_full_circle/

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Let go of this shit universe

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark: And just to clarify, for as little sense this rumor makes, I’m personally not against something this like this happening. I enjoy Zacks DC movies for what they are, however I am ready to move on and am looking forward to the future, but it makes no impact on me for hardcore Snyder-verse fans to have a place where those stories could continue where they could consume that content. I just think stuff like this reeks of holding on to something that had its time and is over, and we get bonzo rumors like this circulating

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rajjarsalt  Online

Thou sniveling sons of Snyder! Spawned from scorn and satire, th'art - any son of a Gunn shall e'er hold power o'er thee!

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@frozen said:

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You’re not wrong, but it still matters.

I can say with some confidence, that I was probably the biggest GotG fan on the planet, going back to before there was even an MCU.

So I was hyped for a movie.

Then Gunn did what Gunn does for all of his CBM’s and drastically changed all of the characters, to make them fit his style of movie.

I didn’t have a problem with it though, and thought the movie was great, since I still had the comics to read.

But then the comics retconned every part of the characters to make them clones of the MCU.

Groot went from being a maniacal evil genius, to a cute mascot.

Drax went from being a methodical super intelligent honorable warrior, to a dumbass.

Star-Lord was done the worst. Star-Lord had the most bizarre, but awesome origin of any cosmic character, and was one of the most strategically brilliant character in Marvel, but now is just a Chris Pratt clone. He was retconned so hard, that they shouldn’t have even called him Star-Lord anymore, but should just call him Chris Pratt.

All of the other characters have all been changed too, but those are the 3 worst.

Gunn has no respect for the source material. He makes great movies, but he doesn't care at all to make a faithful movie. He even tells his actors that they’re not allowed to read the comics, because he doesn’t want them to be influence by the source material.

He’s been able to get away with this, because all of the CBM’s he writes and/or directs, have been pretty obscure characters.

If this happens to a character like Superman, there is a lot of reasons to care, if DC follows suit, and changes the comics to reflect the movie.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thou sniveling sons of Snyder! Spawned from scorn and satire, th'art - any son of a Gunn shall e'er hold power o'er thee!

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gross

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This isn't a rumor lol

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyderverse was quite a joy to watch, it much refreshing from the recycle mess I've been seeing a nice change of pace, makes things feel good.

Sad to see it go. I'll give james gunn the benefit of the doubt but screw him for ruining for one of my favorite iterations of superman.

Cooldude89976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give Gunn's DCU a chance, but still hoping the verse comes back from the dead.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Kairan1979

Netflix will ruin Snyderverse just like they ruined The Witcher.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix will ruin Snyderverse just like they ruined The Witcher.

Why do people like to blame the streamers when a show is bad? Don't know about the other services, but Netflix is well known it's "hands off" approach. That is why so many big time directors like doing their films on netflix. If you want to be angy at someone or point fingers, blame the showrunners and writers.

ForgoodZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be incredible. Just watchd the youtube video with snyder talking to dave the film junkie about this very subject