• 80 results
#51 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

Legend of Korra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Airbender...

#52 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh it was the original creators who made the legend of korra and even based on its own merits its still shit, so I've got no hope for this mess.

#53 Edited by Gorochu44 (467 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by rogueshadow (28835 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

#55 Posted by rogueshadow (28835 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugely excited. If it is bad, I hope it's just ludicrously, dreadfully bad -- like the movie. Because that is so bad it doesn't even irritate me, I don't even relate it to the actual series, it's just so obscenely pathetic. I'll be more annoyed if it is "kinda good in parts but nah"... like, they kind of get it right, but not really.

That's so much more infuriating than absolute failure to a hilarious degree.

Also, this is big for Netflix. They know they need more big content because Disney Play/Amazon are about to hit hard.

#56 Posted by PayneInTheAss (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehhh

#57 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I admit...I am have an extremely unpopular opinion...

#58 Posted by xZone (8029 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2634 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaperthegrim: I never understood the hype with the original series...Legend of Korra was a million times better anyways...so I guess we feel completely differently...

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#60 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5324 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I'll watch it I guess. I just want a 3rd avatar series tho.

#61 Edited by Magian (150194 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do think that it will never top the animated series, if done right, it could be very good. Really curious to see what are they going to do about the casting. And all the controversies related to it.

Maybe it will provide me with some more incentive to finally finish watching the show.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#62 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I want to be excited but after Death Note, FMA, and worst of all that heap of garbage they called an ATLA movie I'm not feeling too pumped.

#63 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#64 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I want to be excited but after Death Note, FMA, and worst of all that heap of garbage they called an ATLA movie I'm not feeling too pumped.

I second that.

#65 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2634 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Edited by Stahlflamme (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a failure. I mean a remake only has a purpose if you can make things better and ultimately there is a ton of stuff in the series they just can't do in live action and essentially nothing they could do in live-action that they could not do as animation. So in the end if everything is perfect about it it's still a watered down Avatar.

Japan does this stuff all the time. Where they bring love action and anime adaptaitions of the same property out often even at almost the same time and the live action never measures up to the anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87
#67 Posted by deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

#68 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugely excited. If it is bad, I hope it's just ludicrously, dreadfully bad -- like the movie. Because that is so bad it doesn't even irritate me, I don't even relate it to the actual series, it's just so obscenely pathetic. I'll be more annoyed if it is "kinda good in parts but nah"... like, they kind of get it right, but not really.

Also, this is big for Netflix. They know they need more big content because Disney Play/Amazon are about to hit hard.

Honestly, agreed on everything.

As for LoK, I think it's pretty close to TLA, but not quite there - definitely not better. A worthy successor though.

#69 Edited by Amcu (14849 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out just because its avatar, but TBH I have no desire for it We already have the animated version and it's very close to perfect. If they make the series and it's not like the animated show I'll be angry. And if they make it just like the show it'll be the exact same thing again. But just probably not as good.

#70 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea how many of the people I've interacted with on CV liked Avatar.

#71 Posted by Farkam (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for gay Sokka and black Azula

#72 Posted by Amcu (14849 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea how many of the people I've interacted with on CV liked Avatar.

It's my favorite animated show behind Justice League/Unlimited. I'd give it like a 9/10.

#73 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by JediXMan (42011 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

Honestly, agreed on everything.

As for LoK, I think it's pretty close to TLA, but not quite there - definitely not better. A worthy successor though.

Korra took too much time to find its footing. It has a lot of great points, but season 2 dragged it down. Season 3 was fantastic and virtually on par with TLA, though.

#75 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I honestly gave up on the series in the first episode of S2, but I got back into it - IMO, all the other seasons are better than Season 1 of TLA, with LoK 3 being only behind Season 2 of the original series.

#76 Posted by JediXMan (42011 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I honestly gave up on the series in the first episode of S2, but I got back into it - IMO, all the other seasons are better than Season 1 of TLA, with LoK 3 being only behind Season 2 of the original series.

One of my biggest problems with LoK is the way it demystified the Avatar lore. Which in and of itself is not necessarily bad, but the lore we got wasn't as good as it could have been. Also, the fact that Korra was cut off from her past lives always bothered me. I'd have loved it if Aang guided Korra the way Roku guided Aang.

#77 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman:

I see, that's rather polarised opinions - one could argue the origins we got are nice, I'm definitely glad we got something. There's always room for more ofc.

Yeah, Aang kinda disappeared after S1.

#78 Edited by rogueshadow (28835 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be controversial, but I think the whole cast should be aged up about 3 years, I don't think a 12 year old Aang/Toph will work in live-action. There's probably gonna be about 3 years until Sozin's comet.

I think a lot of stories can be joined together, because I picture this being a 10ish episode series. For example, I think you could move the geography a little and have "The Kyoshi Warriors" take place in the same episode as "The Southern Air Temple.

#79 Posted by rogueshadow (28835 posts) - - Show Bio

Benedict Wong should play Iroh.

#80 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the locations in live action tbh, if they do well it could be absolutely beautiful.

#81 Posted by HitTheAssasin (7330 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering what they Netflix did to Death Note, I'm unsure whether to be excited or not.

Oh, and since it's 2018, expect at least 1 characters skin colour or sexual orientation to change from the source material for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, I hope that doesn't happen.