#1 Edited by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Neo, (born Thomas A. Anderson) the protagonist of The Matrixfranchise, is a redpill rescued by Morpheus and the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar. Prophesized by The Oracle to be The One, he is set out on a course to free humanity from the Matrix and end the Machine War. He is portrayed in The Matrix Trilogy by Keanu Reeves.

Abilities in the Matrix

• Flight
  • Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Telekinesis
  • Phasing
  • Gifted Level Intelligence
  • Master Gunsman
  • Expert Martial Artist

Lifting/Striking Strength

Pre - Oneness:

No Caption Provided

One shots a city officer or security guard sending him off his feet.

No Caption Provided

Easily handles his own weight while in action.

No Caption Provided

Hits hurt Agent Smith.

No Caption Provided

Smashes Smith into a concrete ceiling making a hole in it.

Post - Oneness:

No Caption Provided

Casual kick sends Smith several meters down a hallway.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hits send Agents into brick walls smashing holes in them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Easily throws Smith clones

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hits send Smith flying.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pulls a pole out of the ground and throws all Smith clones off of himself.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hits send super Smith flying far distances and even through Asphalt and rock.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hits create massive shockwaves

Speed/Reactions

Pre - Oneness

No Caption Provided

Creates After images with his strikes.

No Caption Provided

Bullet times and dodges bullets with difficulty

Post - Oneness

No Caption Provided

Outspeeds Agent Smith with ease while one hand is behind his back.

No Caption Provided

Fights tens of Smith clones that can make after images with their combat speed.

No Caption Provided

Flies 500 miles in 15 minutes, perceives a gas explosion moving slow, and outspeeds it.

No Caption Provided

Outspeeds another explosion.

No Caption Provided

Moves so fast the background is barely visible and cars are flying behind him.

No Caption Provided

Fist moves fast enough to make rain seem frozen.

No Caption Provided

Shockwave moves as fast as lightning.

Durability

Pre - Oneness:

No Caption Provided

Tanks being kicked through a thick, wooden beam

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tanks being hit and thrown into a concrete wall putting a hole in it.

No Caption Provided

Tanks being hit by multiple powerful hits from Smith. Note that Smith can punch through Concrete.

Post - Oneness:

No Caption Provided

Easily tanks being hit into a brick wall.

No Caption Provided

Tanks being thrown through a building.

No Caption Provided

Tanks shockwaves

No Caption Provided

Tanks this massive attack.

Calculations Pre - Oneness

Lifting/Striking Strength:

Neo is capable of hurting and taking hits from Agents. Agents have punched through concrete. I think it is fair to say Neo can do the same before Oneness. He also does smash Smith through concrete.

No Caption Provided

Concrete Ultimate Tensile Strength = 20 - 40 MPA = 2,901 PSI - 5,802 PSI. Neo could potentially hit with 1.5 - 3 tons of force per square inch.

Neo easily handles his weight and others with one hand. The average male weight is 195 lbs or 88 kg. Neo should be able to at least lift twice his body weight. He most likely can lift much more Pre - Oneness.

Speed/Reactions:

Neo dodges and perceives Beretta 92FS bullets.

No Caption Provided

Beretta 92FS Muzzle Velocity = 381 m/s = 853 mph = 1,372 kmh

Neo also makes afterimages while fighting.

No Caption Provided

This suggest he could possibly move at speeds up to Subsonic.

Durability:

It is the same as striking power since he was smashed into concrete walls and fought agents.

Calculations Post - Oneness

Lifting/Striking Strength:

No Caption Provided

Neo throws 10 - 20 Smith clones meters in the air. This would require several tons of force. But, considering each Smith has MCU super soldier level physicals, this feat is likely greater.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Neo hits Agents through brick walls and Smith through Asphalt.

Brick Ultimate Tensile Strength = 20 Mpa - 100 Mpa = 2,901 PSI - 14,504 PSI

Asphalt Ultimate Tensile Strength = 30 Mpa = 4,531 PSI

Neo would hit harder than the ultimate tensile strength, since he hits them into the material breaking several square inches not just one. Hands are also smaller than whole bodies. Neo likely hits with tens of tons of force at least with Super Smith.

No Caption Provided

Neo hits Smith 100 - 200 meters away. This would require several tons to tens of tons of force.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Neo and Smith's hits create massive shockwaves that destroy building windows for tens of meters away. This is very difficult thing to do as shockwaves become weaker as they spread.

Speed/Reaction:

No Caption Provided

Neo fights numerous Smith clones and three agents. Each having afterimage level speed. This suggest he should have supersonic level combat speed at the least.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Neo travels 500 miles in 15 minutes to save Morpheus. He then speeds up when he notices Morpheus and the Keymaker are in danger. The explosion Neo outraces was a gas explosion being able to travel 1,800 m/s - 3,000 m/s.

15 min * 4 = 1 hour

500 miles * 4 = 2,000 miles or 3,219 kmh

1,800 m/s - 3,000 m/s = 4,026 mph - 6,711 mph or 6,479 kmh - 10,800 kmh.

Neo outraces explosions that traveled at speeds around Mach 8.7. He would likely have traveled much faster than this to save Morpheus and the keymaker. He seems to travel even faster trying to save trinity. His speed causes everything in his path to be destroyed and multiple vehicles to fly behind him. Neo also perceives the gas explosion to move slowly as well.

No Caption Provided

Neo moves his fist a whole yard, while the rain seems to be frozen in place Large rain droplets fall at 20 mph. I will calculate with the rain only moving a millimeter, centimeter, and a inch.

1 yard = 36 in. 20 * 36 = 720 mph = 1,159 kmh

1 yard = 91.44 cm. 20 * 91.44 = 1,829 mph = 2,943 kmh

1 yard = 914.4 mm. 20 * 914.4 = 18,288 mph = 29,432 kmh.

Neo flies and reacts at hypersonic speeds. Neo hits at supersonic to hypersonic speeds.

Durability:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Neo tanks being punched into concrete wall easily and into this brick wall on the side of a building. It seems he creates a hole 3 times the size of Neo. This attack would have had tens to hundreds of tons of force behind it.

No Caption Provided

Neo is able to handle this attack, but he is almost knocked out from it. This attack outputs the force of a 0.5 - 1 kiloton bomb.

No Caption Provided

This is a 0.5 kiloton bomb going off.

Possible Outlier:

No Caption Provided

Neo together with Smith create a massive shockwave. The only problem is this might be an outlier. The shockwave is able to outpace lightning making Neo and Smith's attack in this scene relative to the speed of lighting which is 220,000 mph = 354,056 kmh = Mach 286.7. This attack seems to produce multiple times more power than the 0.5 kiloton bomb and the attack Smith does above it. This does not take into account that the shockwave of their attack traveled 14 times faster than the detonation velocity of tnt. Their punches would have had the power of decent sized nukes behind them. The problem with this feat is Neo is almost knocked by by Smith smashing him into the ground with an attack that seems way weaker than this one.

If you have any issues, different opinions, or questions about the respect thread, you may speak your mind. I am not perfect and could have made some mistakes. I hope you enjoy the respect thread.

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
#3 Posted by Ultra_SupermanKing (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah! The OG Real Neo. Not that horribly written abomination from Toriko. Great job on the respect thread.

#5 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: AWESOME! I love the matrix films, great job so far man :D

#6 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony:

This was the hardest respect thread I have done. Thanks for the appreciation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work my friend :).

#8 Posted by Gazool (1229 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
#9 Edited by deactivated-5a39006e28280 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24 awesome work! The Matrix is easily one of my fav trilogies.

#10 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@shamshi:

it is one of my favorites as well.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (42373 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24:

Not bad. You should draw a distinction between the Matrix Agents and the upgraded Reloaded Agents; it makes his feats against them more impressive.

#12 Edited by ThunderPrince (6922 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome thread!

#13 Edited by Xerolot (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Hey mate I have a question. Is Agent Smith from the second movie (reloaded) stronger/faster/more durable physically than his previous self? I know he can copy himself but he didn't seem to be amped here. Neo can easily tag him and he's outmatched strenght-wise.

#14 Posted by MetalJimmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

About the outlier, I wouldn't put much stalk into the speed of the lightning anyway. The Matrix was undergoing some severe programming issues at the time as Smith took over the system. The lightning isn't necessarily consistent with real world lightning.

#15 Edited by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot:

The agents were upgraded to be better that is for sure. Smith was able to copy himself on one. We have no indication if he became stronger, but he was able to copy himself on a superior version of an agent. He either was already much superior to the average agent or he became stronger or he was lucky. Once he copied on the Oracle, that copy was way more powerful.

#16 Posted by Xerolot (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: I think he was able to convert an agent mostly because his "Freedom" and his programming superiority. His physicals didn't seem to be much different from those we have seen in the first movie. He was clearly outmatched by Neo in everything just like upgraded agents. That's why he needed the numbers advantage so much. I think that his physicals in the first movie were comparable to the upgraded agents but I can be wrong tho.

#17 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot:

100% he needed numbers to beat Neo. Neo was way beyond him at that point. He did seem comparable. He was also metioned I believe to be like a virus. I would agree. He seemed comparable to upgraded agents.

#18 Edited by Xerolot (2975 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: Thanks mate. It's everything I needed. Btw love your respect thread. Very well done.