#1 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Now for those who watch the new Boruto Anime, you should know that Momoshiki and Kinshiki talk about Naruto's planet

in this episode, it is explained that Naruto's space curvature exceeds 16.

the space curvature is how much space and time bends around a large body of mass and volume, which leads to the gravity of the planet.

For Naruto's planet to have the space curvature of 16, it should mean that his planet could even be larger than earth!

In the Naruto world, it is explained that the average planet has a space curvature of 10. so let's find the average of all the planets

the estimated average of all the planets in the atmosphere is 50,000 kilometers, which is relatively close to Neptune.

so let's say, for a moment, that Neptune has a space curvature of 10.

for Naruto's planet to have a space curvature of 16, the mass, volume, and gravity must be 1.6x greater than Neptune's. which means that Naruto's planet must have an estimated diameter of 78,000 kilometers. that's over 48,000 miles and six times greater than earth's.

now this is just a theory, since the average planet of the Naruto-verse has not been shown yet. So please no flame wars and no trolling

#3 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by god_vulcan (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that how it really works? I'll have to verify this

#5 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by god_vulcan (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: I'm not doubting you. I wasn't even really pay attention to Momoshiki when he said it

#7 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by GXrevs06 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this reverent? What is the implication of this exactly?

#9 Posted by tsoj (3407 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Did they say that the average space curvature is 10, or did they just say the Naruto planet exceeds 16? Because 10 could just be the usual highest planets go in mass/size, like on a scale of 1 to 10 with anything surpassing 10 being the rare exception. Although, I guess then the planet would still have a curvature larger than average, but without any real comparisons, like knowing what other planets' curvatures would be, I don't think we can really say just how large a curvature exceeding 16 is.

Does "space curvature of 10" have any meaning in real life? Because that could help.

Although, I do recall reading a calc a long time ago that happened to put the Naruto planet at 16 times the size of RL Earth, but I can't find it.

#10 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@tsoj: we don't have enough to actually claim it as a calc because the average sized planet has not yet been shown. I just used estimated the average of the Planet diameters in the solar system (excluding Pluto) and used that as the average until we get an actual number to compare with.

#11 Edited by Kamishini (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense, but we don't have anywhere near enough information to confirm it yet.

#12 Posted by Lawz (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06 said:

Why is this reverent? What is the implication of this exactly?

This is just a forced and elaborate lead up to suggesting Naruto characters possess the same planet busting ability of early DBZ saga characters.

#13 Posted by MysticMedivh (32122 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Godren (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol what?

#15 Edited by tsoj (3407 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Oh, BTW, is this scene canon? Because that's kind of important.

#16 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@tsoj: the scene took place during Boruto's academy. This is about 2 years before the manga timeline.

Unless you discount the anime, there is no reason for it to be Noncanon. Especially since it relates to the story and why the otsutsuki would be after Kaguya.

#17 Posted by TheVivas (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

There's not nearly enough information to make any sort of calc like this.

Avatar image for superdragonfly9
#18 Posted by SuperDragonfly9 (727 posts) - - Show Bio

Good theory but I think if anything the moon is larger than ours in real life. Since crashing into the Naruto world would have destroyed it vs the real life moon which would probably just have a continent effect but not a worldwide disaster

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#19 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdragonfly9 said:

Good theory but I think if anything the moon is larger than ours in real life. Since crashing into the Naruto world would have destroyed it vs the real life moon which would probably just have a continent effect but not a worldwide disaster

Actually, that's wrong, in the novel it is stated the moon would break apart and then the pieces would kill everyone in the surface, the moon would never destroy the whole planet.

And this theory is really far fetched, like for real, using a random world used in the anime along with an assumption of what it means to calculate that Naruto's planet is bigger like Toriko's is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen since people claiming Goku is millions of times faster than Light.

#20 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: @thevivas: that's why I said it's a theory, not a calc.

We don't even know the standard planet sizes in Naruto's world, so I used Neptune, which was the closest planet to the average estimated diameter for a planet, and had it fill the gap until we're given an actual size comparison.

#21 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: @thevivas: that's why I said it's a theory, not a calc.

We don't even know the standard planet sizes in Naruto's world, so I used Neptune, which was the closest planet to the average estimated diameter for a planet, and had it fill the gap until we're given an actual size comparison.

But a theory must be based on evidence if it is meant to be taken seriously, and when all the factors are unknown all you can do is guess and assume.

Do you know what space curvature means for them?

Do you know how big the average planet is for the Otsutsuki clan?

Do you know how they use those scales?

Avatar image for superdragonfly9
#22 Posted by SuperDragonfly9 (727 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: whoa who said anything about toriko world lol of course toriko planet is a monster compared to ours. Toneri said in the movie that he was going to destroy the planet by crashing the moon into the earth. The science of Naruto world made calculations of what would happen if the moon came close to earth but toneri at the end seemed like he was going to speed up the process and destroy the planet by crashing it into earth. Just going by what movie said. And movie is canon.

#23 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: you misunderstand.

I used a real life Item to fill the gap until we get a real number.

Considering space curvature is a real theory made by Einstein and it's a major part of learning the size and gravity of things in space, so it would make send since this is the planet they're talking about

#24 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdragonfly9 said:

@purpledeadragon: whoa who said anything about toriko world lol of course toriko planet is a monster compared to ours. Toneri said in the movie that he was going to destroy the planet by crashing the moon into the earth. The science of Naruto world made calculations of what would happen if the moon came close to earth but toneri at the end seemed like he was going to speed up the process and destroy the planet by crashing it into earth. Just going by what movie said. And movie is canon.

Too bad the Moon was already falling apart, and the Novel was written by Kishimoto, again, fan calculations are not the absolute truth, and in the novel was stated that the Moon would break apart before reaching the planet, the world would be destroyed in the sense that the meteors would have killed everyone in the surface of the planet.

“From the results of our measurements, it’s evident that the moon is drawing closer to Earth,” Kakashi calmly answered.

Kakashi had brought with him an astronomer from Konoha. She wore the trademark apron and glasses of a girl scientist.

“Even without measuring, you can tell by looking… I’ve never seen the moon so big,” the Tsuchikage, who was a small old man, sneered at Kakashi and the astronomer.

“What about all of the recent meteorites?” Gaara asked.

Prompted by Kakashi, the astronomer began to explain.

“When two celestial bodies gradually move closer, the gravity from the two of them begins to affect each other.”

“I’m not so great with the scientific talk…” The Mizukage looked away as she stated her confusion.

As per the astronomer’s prediction, as the moon approached Earth, it would become distorted and torn apart due to Earth’s gravity, and gradually crumble from the surface. As the broken fragments drew closer to Earth, they would encircle it like the rings of Saturn, and many of the fragments from this ring would be drawn in and fall to Earth—the astronomer explained that this was the origin of the increase in meteorites.

“Then, what will eventually happen?” Gaara stared at the astronomer, rushing her to the conclusion.

“If this continues, the moon will completely break apart… the ruins will rain down from above. In this case, the end of humanity… no, practically no living thing on Earth will probably be able to survive.”

“So, what do we do? What’s the counter plan?” The Tsuchikage pointed a finger at Kakashi, questioning him.

“We will destroy the falling moon fragments before they arrive.”

“That’s too much of a makeshift solution! Obviously, we should stop the moon from approaching!” The irritated Raikage yelled.

“I want to ask one thing… is this a natural phenomenon? Or a man-made attack?” The Mizukage asked the question that was on the minds of everyone present. Their gazes all fell on Kakashi.

Kakashi had thought that both were possibilities, but he didn’t actually know at all.

“That’s rather questionable…” Kakashi confused everyone in his usual manner.

-The Last Novelization: Chapter 1 Part 3

Also, the Moon in Naruto is hollow, I can explain you that, hell, I can quote the Novel on that.

Check this thread if you want a complete argument.
Check this thread if you want a complete argument.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/request-to-recalculate-narutos-moon-mass-and-volum-1702499/

#25 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: you misunderstand.

I used a real life Item to fill the gap until we get a real number.

Considering space curvature is a real theory made by Einstein and it's a major part of learning the size and gravity of things in space, so it would make send since this is the planet they're talking about

Except Momoshiki used Space Curvature, not Spacetime Curvature, just because the name is similar it doesn't mean they are the same thing, and please, post and explain Einstein's theory here so you can tell me how it works.

#26 Posted by Noone1996 (5735 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess when they bust continents they are actually busting the equivalent of moons since the continents there are bigger derp. They really are multi planetary. I knew it.

#27 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: the space curvature is the bending of space around a item of great mass and volume.

The greater the mass, the higher the space curvature.

#28 Posted by Farkam (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

.Image result for jameson laughing gif

#29 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez said:

@purpledeadragon: the space curvature is the bending of space around a item of great mass and volume.

The greater the mass, the higher the space curvature.

Again man, Did Momoshiki said Space curvature or Spacetime Curvature? because you are basically saying it is the same.

Momoshiki mentioned Space Curvature, Einstein talked about Spacetime Curvature.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#30 Posted by Supermanforever (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess this is another way to sell the false claims of naruto beeing planet buster.

#31 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: oh, he isn't a planet buster.

Being on a bigger planet doesn't make you a planet buster.

If we used that logic, then Radditz is planet level too.

At most, this makes Naruto large continent level and moon level via scaling.

#32 Posted by Itachus17 (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Hmmm i would wait for more informations, it's just pretty wild speculation for now.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
#33 Posted by AlmightyAmortal (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess this is another way to sell the false claims of Naruto beeing planet being a moon buster.

#34 Posted by TheVivas (14042 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: How can this sell the claims of Naruto being a planet buster if he still hasn't busted a planet?

#35 Posted by Itachus17 (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

@supermanforever: How can this sell the claims of Naruto being a planet buster if he still hasn't busted a planet?

Well theoretically could a planet be big enough, that even the mountains on it have avg. planet size XD.

#36 Edited by TheOriginalOne (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: @purpledeadragon:

I know I am reaching as well but could these "space curvatures" means a rating system for how much chakra a planat/Shinju tree has? We know that the Shinjuu tree's seed landed on the Naruto earth millennia ago. And we also know that the members of the Ōtsutsuki clan travel through dimensions in search of these God trees so that they can harvest its power, which is the chakra fruit!

We also know that the Shinju tree kills a land by absorbing all the nature energy on that planet. So what if different planets in the naruto universe have different amounts of nature energy? And maybe, that is why these God trees can produce different amount (in terms of chakra) of chakra fruits, based on which planet they are on and how much nature energy that planet has (which it then absorbs).

So this "Space curvature" statement just means the amount of chakra available on a planet and if it is higher than 10, it has to be reported to the clan so that they can all share this power!

And If you think about it, maybe this is how the Otsutsuki clan finds these trees through the many dimensions - by seeing and using the changes in the space curvatures to locate where the trees have landed!

#37 Posted by sladerulez (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoriginalone: that's why it's a theory.

We don't know enough about the shinju, the Otsutsuki, or the general definition of Space curvature.

So that's why I said it's a theory.

They could be talking about something entirely different from what I'm thinking. Same for yours.

We can only wait and see