User Lists: 0

Naruto.

Nixtollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Naruto, undisputedly my favorite HST protagonist. Not to say Ichigo is bad, he’s not, pretty good and fits as Bleach’s MC.

Bruhmomento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Bruhmomento

Ichigo for me because he is just unique in comparison to normal Shounen troupes that follow a certain goal and represents a journey of a person through ups and downs in their life and adapting to his unnatural surroundings to become a better and peaceful person who wants to just protect his loved ones from harms way.

In addition, he got badass drips and actually changes his clothes on occasion unlike other protagonists who just keep on wearing the same clothe over and over again.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto stomps.

Avatar image for ryuuzakiscorpio
ryuuzakiscorpio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo. He is not the "I want to become God!" protagonist but a normal dude who got mixed into a world of the supernatural.

Cbarlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

SoySpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo because he is more grounded

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I would hate Naruto forever for the way he gaslit Kid Neji, but I’ve grown to like him

I think I prefer Ichigo over him though

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#210  Edited By Wushu59

Ichigo sucks. There is nothing to his character. Like no charisma either.

Naruto is like John Cena. There are aspects of his character that are annoying and aspects of his character that I really admire.

Naruto off the basis of actually making me feel something.

Flameburn146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto, as he’s got greater depth, more complexity and due to his interactions with several characters who hold conflicting ideologies it further builds on his character. Even factoring things like upbringing, character premise and backstory are all things I’d give to Naruto

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo.

Ichigo is hot.Naruto is still an annoying little brat.

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo, doesn't scream about being Hokage and seek attention.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto by far

Ichigo is somewhat better than given credit for

But ultimately Kubo tended to treat this man like a side character in his own series post soul society arc quite often tbh

Part 1 Naruto was just great ( most would agree to this )

Shippuden Naruto was goated...his development in the pain arc after Jiraiya's death was beautiful

His meetings with Kushina and Minato were legit tear jerkers

His relationship with his fellow Jinchuriki's like Gaara and Killer Bee were great

And ofc his dynamic with Sasuke alone which was the main plot of Naruto kinda slams anything Ichigo had going for him

Wanderez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Wanderez

Both characters are developed to their fullest and have a lot going for them. They're the main characters after all. Saying otherwise is a sign of ignorance (or a sign that you need to work on your reading comprehension).

Going with Ichigoat. More grounded and relatable. Coupled with Kubo's writing style made me appreciate his growth even more than I would've otherwise.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By ovy7

I like Ichigo way more than Naruto. He's also heavily underrated and misunderstood by people who want him to be a generic shounen mc that wants to become the king of the village's pirates' wizards' prostitutes.

Also Ichigo is an Isekai protag before it became cool, but don't tell that to anyone.

Edit: also, the existence of Buritto manga shits all over Naruto's legacy, dont @me

Avatar image for deactivated-6488abe71c145
deactivated-6488abe71c145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid naruto clears

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Naruto had ended after the pain arc I would have gone with Naruto 1000%. But now I'll have to pick Ichigo

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#219  Edited By MangaComics69

Ichigo Takes this imo, and yes, im final with that after flashbacking as well as reviewing his character. Naruto however, did have his fare share of problems, from his birth-childhood.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#220  Edited By Supreme101  Online

Naruto easily.

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ichigo. I do not care he doesn't have a goal to be the Soul King, the Captain Commander of the Thirteen Squads, the leader of Squad Zero, or the new Kenpachi.

I'll say he is certainly not a generic shounen main character just because he doesn't have that. That doesn't make a character generic, it actually makes them uncommon. I am not saying he is the best written main character ever either, far from it, not even close.

But this guy just wants a peaceful life, while protecting his friends and what he can protect with his limited possibilities, something I find more relatable than the usual cliche goals, one way or another. Naruto may be more complex as a character, but for me that doesn't make him better, as simplicity is frankly underrated.

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ichigo. I do not care he doesn't have a goal to be the Soul King, the Captain Commander of the Thirteen Squads, the leader of Squad Zero, or the new Kenpachi.

I'll say he is certainly not a generic shounen main character just because he doesn't have that. That doesn't make a character generic, it actually makes them uncommon. I am not saying he is the best written main character ever either, far from it, not even close.

But this guy just wants a peaceful life, while protecting his friends and what he can protect with his limited possibilities, something I find more relatable than the usual cliche goals, one way or another. Naruto may be more complex as a character, but for me that doesn't make him better, as simplicity is frankly underrated.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I don't really have much of a strong opinion on either. So I guess I'll go with Naruto because I was more engaged with him as the MC than I did with Ichigo.

Not to say the latter is a bad main character or anything. Ichigo is rather underrated as a protagonist/character. And performed his role well in Bleach. But he just feels lesser in comparison.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Following my honesty, Imma take Ichigo myself, I respect him and is a #1 for me, he's one of the cool chars that i Grew up in childhood, his despairs & ways of overcoming his problems really shined him, and it made me cheer for the guy, While yes he dosen't have some dreams & goals Like Naruto, or Goals to be some Top Rank in Soul Society, But being simple =/= generic either, as the dude just wants to protect his Family, Friends & Allies, and that's whats capable of driving him to try his best to win!! win!! win!!, i don't care if he's versatile anymore, but if you read bleach, Ichigo did went through his fair share of losses & sadness, but that dosen't mean he can't stay in the dark forever if you want to protecc, save & fight. And tbh, i don't give a damn if he has aspirations or not, as him being a simple character is a beautiful thing. So after being honest with myself, Im 100% voting for Ichigo Anyday tbh.

Changing this and this is myFinal Vote.

leon46123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto for me personally. A character who carried huge burden, from birth having lost both parents, and Kurama was sealed into him to protect the village, and then the scum Danzo spread information about Naruto's status as Jinchuriki, as a result of which he was hated and despised, seeing in him monster who almost destroyed the village, and not simple child.

And after going through such difficulties, Naruto became cheerful hooligan making jokes to get at least some attention than ignoring and contempt because loneliness was even worse for him, and the goal to become Hokage appeared from the desire to be respect and recognition as human, and strong shinobi, and not monster as he was considered.

Ichigo is also good character, they tried to make him more mundane without a goal, but for him, family and friends are important for whom he was ready to become a Shinigami and go to the Soul Society to save Rukia, and by continuation story Ichigo moved away from the concept of man until it turned out that Ichigo had never been a man, he was literally hybrid of all creatures in one bottle: Shinigami, Quincy, Hollow, Visored, Fullbringers.

RordTepes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo

BodyFlicker999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boy Naruto 🫵🏼

EpicGamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: Cmon man, don’t tell me your one of the people that think Neji was right? Anyways, Naruto has my vote with ease.

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto.

"I wanna become god" has become generic, but at least shows character's passion.

"Just wanna protect friends & live normally" isn't some trait to boast about. Sure it's differnet from typical shonen goals, but adds nothing to character.

SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EpicGamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sixpathsofcapra: Weird, my notifications aren't working. Anyways no, they did not. Naruto being the reincarnation of Ashura does not discredit his argument against Neji. He straight up defied destiny with him ending the conflict between Indra and Ashura, as he and Sasuke stayed alive and resolved their conflict.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ichigo, because Naruto called Obito "the coolest guy".

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: Cmon man, don’t tell me your one of the people that think Neji was right? Anyways, Naruto has my vote with ease.

Neji was right, and he died protecting the boy who was literally the embodiment of his old philosophy...

Naruto then calls the guy who brutally murdered Neji and thousands of people the ‘coolest guy’ Neji was definitely rolling in his grave

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sixpathsofcapra: Weird, my notifications aren't working. Anyways no, they did not. Naruto being the reincarnation of Ashura does not discredit his argument against Neji. He straight up defied destiny with him ending the conflict between Indra and Ashura, as he and Sasuke stayed alive and resolved their conflict.

Funny thing is tens of thousands of people were murdered and blasted into oblivion because of ‘destiny’ and ‘fate’.

Neji was still correct, Naruto’s path to power and influence was already predetermined, while Neji’s was stuck being a pawn even after his fight with Naruto and died like a dog protecting the child of prophecy, while fighting with the same guy his dad was murdered for, and they STILL haven’t removed the seals of the subordinate Hyuga family

STILL. To this day there is a subordinate family

EpicGamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer:

"Neji was right, and he died protecting the boy who was literally the embodiment of his old philosophy..." Yeah, if you think Naruto is the embodiment of Neji's clearly incorrect philosophy that he himself agreed to, you never really understood the series.

"Naruto then calls the guy who brutally murdered Neji and thousands of people the ‘coolest guy’ Neji was definitely rolling in his grave" Still crazy how people still don't understand the 'coolest guy' scene. Naruto was referring to the Obito that shared his dream, not the Obito that slaughtered thousands. Obito's whole theme is an identity crisis. Jiraiya (or Itachi, I don't really remember) even says way back that a Shinobi's life is determined by how he dies, not how he lives. I don't want to go full in depth, so I'll just link a video for you to watch on this exact topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgTLm14hoiQ

EpicGamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer:

"Funny thing is tens of thousands of people were murdered and blasted into oblivion because of ‘destiny’ and ‘fate’." Ok?

"Neji was still correct, Naruto’s path to power and influence was already predetermined," Nope, Naruto did NOT have to go use his power for the good of the world. Naruto could have gone wrong in multiple ways which is personified with all the people he meets like Iruka, Gaara, Obito, etc. Certainly not predetermined. The only thing he was predetermined for was to fight Sasuke to the death, WHICH HE DEFIED.

"while Neji’s was stuck being a pawn even after his fight with Naruto and died like a dog protecting the child of prophecy, while fighting with the same guy his dad was murdered for, and they STILL haven’t removed the seals of the subordinate Hyuga family" The first part doesn't really help you, and I don't watch Boruto. I only read the manga, and I don't recall the seals popping up again.

Anyways, it's clear PlagueOfGripes did a number on you, so I'll just link a video responding to how that video was extremely disingenuous. Seriously, watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyS3Kl2qN0

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Plague of Gripes tier arguments I am seeing here...jesus christ....

EpicGamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animefreak1: Pretty sure the man himself said his video was mainly for memes. I just don't get how you can walk away from reading the whole series with these types of thoughts.

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Naruto wins, this puts Naruto in an even bigger lead.

Unohana Retsu Vs Tsunade Senju

No Caption Provided

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wanderez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unohana sweep.

SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

Even though the way Unohana threw away her life just to give zaraki a power up which became inconsequential in the long run anyway made me lose some degre of respect I had towards her but I'd still place her slightly above Tsunade.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tsunade sweeps lmao

Unohana is overrated as fuck

Like be real, before the last minute Kenpachi reveal, people only really liked her for her design mostly lmao

I still have so many issues with how her story ended

PrinceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll take yachiru any day.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unohana, she's badass & amazing for me.

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Maevis

Tsunade, Unohana's character makes no sense

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By MajesticStar

Unohana is a bad ass and that Kenpachi twist was cool, but overall her characterisation has nothing on Tsunade. She is a well developped character and among Kishi's best, with an entire arc dedicated to her. Unohana was barely relevant until her fight with Kenpachi and entirely forgotten afterwards (until Hell arc).

As much as I like Unohana, Tsunade takes this in a stomp.

leon46123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tsunade

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unohana stomps

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#250  Edited By Wushu59

I think Unohana is much more interesting in concept but she was mostly a background character for the earlier arcs. Like MajesticStar said, Tsunade is very well characterized which I'm really big on. She also played very pivotal roles in some of the most important arcs and has strong character relationships within the series. So think I'm going to go Tsunade. She is basically what Sakura was suppose to end up being but couldn't amount to in terms of character writing. If Unohana actually did more she would probably get picked instead. I really like the idea of her but she didn't really do much in terms of the plot.