Naruto, The last vs dbz: battle of gods. Which was the better movie

SlimShadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Naruto, The last vs dbz: battle of gods. Which was the better movie (20 votes)

Battle of gods 55%
The last 45%
No Caption Provided

or

No Caption Provided

• 
Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of gods, it had a lot more tension since we didn't know what was going to happen. It had better action and animation in my opinion and had a better soundtrack. Also it defied shonen tropes by having Goku still lose despite his new power up.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Wushu59

Battle of Gods was more enjoyable for me personally but they're around the same tier.

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GreyTheJiren
@army2442 said:

Battle of gods, it had a lot more tension since we didn't know what was going to happen. It had better action and animation in my opinion and had a better soundtrack. Also it defied shonen tropes by having Goku still lose despite his new power up.

So many things wrong in this. Everyone knew that everything will be fine. It had worse animation, did you even watch the movie? Soundtrack was indeed better. It didn't defy any Shonen tropes, only made worse what was already there. What about the fact that Goku as a chosen one got a power up, again?

The Last had far better plot, dialogues, animation, character acting and the story was generally better. Battle of Gods was just another big fight with a big bad villain.

The better comparison would be Boruto the movie vs battle of gods.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Wushu59

@greythejiren: The Last is basically a generic save the princess type movie though. Hinata being the Disney Princess in this scenario. Battle of Gods story isn't anything special but The Last isn't much better.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last >>>> BoG

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wushu59 said:

The Last is basically a generic save the princess type movie though. Hinata being the Disney Princess in this scenario. Battle of Gods story isn't anything special but The Last isn't much better.

The Last is much better for reasons I stated above. BoG is low effort Dragon Ball flick about Goku and his new power up. No plot, no dialogues, no story. It's just a big battle which is not even that great considering it's a movie. Some of the non canon Dragon Ball movies had way better fights.

Both BoG and RoF are trash. Broly is much better. It had the story, great battle and wasn't focused on Goku.

Avatar image for wordsbeyondfic0
WordsBeyondFic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle Of Gods set things up for super and introduced something new, while the Last was impressive (since we got to see everyone's growth) I still find Boruto disappointing.

comicvinerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By comicvinerguy

Both are around the same tier. Both have flaws.

DBS has shit CGI and animation but decent in the rest with the sound track being godly. The movie is a new DB movie since years with it being a ladder and a introduction towards DBS. The crowd loved it and enjoyed it from the start to the end and was Happy that DB finally returned hoping for more.

Naruto? No offense but many people including myself literally left the theater from sheer boredom. While the romance part between naruto and hinata is cute the rest of the story is just some random dude stealing hinata and revolves around rescuing her.

While in terms of quality they are at the same tier, Battle of Gods gets more love, more enjoyable and certainly have more Hype than naruto the last.

comicvinerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are around the same tier. Both have flaws.

DBS has shit CGI and animation but decent in the rest with the sound track being godly. The movie is a new DB movie since years with it being a ladder and a introduction towards DBS. The crowd loved it and enjoyed it from the start to the end and was Happy that DB finally returned hoping for more.

Naruto? No offense but many people including myself literally left the theater from sheer boredom. While the romance part between naruto and hinata is cute the rest of the story is just some random dude stealing hinata and revolves around rescuing her.

While in terms of quality in the big screen they are at the same tier, Battle of Gods gets more love, more enjoyable and certainly have more Hype than naruto the last.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story in The Last is boring as shit. Entire purpose of the movie is to ship Naruto with Hinata and it does that in the worst damsel in distress trope story possible. Beerus is a thousand times better villain, the movie is funny and entertaining though out and it was the last time in modern Dragon Ball where Goku was written very well. Make it BoG vs Boruto and it will be closer but BoG is way better than The Last imo.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Last.

If it was DBS Broly or DBSH I’d chose those tho.

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dragonball movie was a lot better.

The Naruto movie started good but suddenly it went from interesting and exciting to boring.

Avatar image for sinbad_hakuryuu
Sinbad_Hakuryuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoG easily

Avatar image for deactivated-6460e005158c4
deactivated-6460e005158c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have flaws but i prefer The Last.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last put me to sleep, while BoG was fun to watch.