• 132 results
StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StopDaTards

I constantly see people say Naruto has a better plot than Bleach and I am going to disprove that.

The Naruto series was a good series but the thing that made it bad was flashback and filler. It seems that in almost every other episode of Naruto there has to be flashback that takes up most of the screen time and delays progress in the plot. I noticed that Kishimoto has poor character development skills so he uses flashbacks to hopefully give that character more insight. Sasuke is a primary suspect of this problem. The whole "I want revenge on Itachi" thing wasn't really detailed with foreshadowing of the events that lead up to his hatred until Naruto Shippuden which was mostly flashback because of poor character development in the original series.

The fights. The fights after the original Naruto series started to suck I could only name a few good fights in Naruto Shippuden, thats mostly due to flashback and tallking. I can also say that introducing Bijuu Dama was a huge drawback that Kishi made because it feels like a Michael Bay film with explosions flying everywhere.

We can't forget how inconsistant Naruto Shippuden's animations are. Studio Perriot animates the Naruto series and I would say the effort looks despicable. For example when Obito turned into the Juubi Jinchuriki it was basically a bunch of still images with bad shading and animations worse than Toei.

Shinobi War Arc vs the Quincy War Arc

The Shinobi War Arc...honestly what can I say about this arc in one word, abomination. First of all Edo Tensei is the biggest plot device I have ever seen and I don't know how Naruto fans can say Aizen is a Deus Ex Machina. Its funny how Kabuto who is Orochimaru's servant or apprentice can master Edo Tensei (right when Tobi/Obito is about to march into war) but Orochimaru couldn't (Orochimaru had potential to be the best villain in the series) does that make sense? Edo Tensei just like the White Zetsu clones made the war uninteresting and it just was a plot device to prolonge Madara's arrival.

Where are the deaths? I find it hard to believe in a war even main characters don't die. The only important good characters who died where Shikkaku, Neji, Ao and Mabui but the thing is that there not main characters there reoccurring characters. A prime example of this is a Might Guy and he should have died after he used his Eighth Gate but Kishi miraculously allowed to live.

Kaguya has to be THE WORST NARUTO VILLAIN. First of all isn't she supposed to be the Creator of Chakra because she ate the fruit from the Divine Tree? Then how did Naruto (with at least a third of her power) best her with a Reverse Harem Jutsu, I think Kishi was running out of ideas at that instant in time so he just decided to throw that in there, why not.

The current Quincy Arc of Bleach on the other hand has to be one of the higher points in Bleach.

The deaths in Bleach make you feel for those deceased characters even more mostly doing to the fact that main characters are dying left and right because thats how wars should be, people die. I was kind of suprised that Head Captain Yamamoto would die but it added value to his character even more.

The pacing has been great maybe except for a few chapters but overall its been just right.

The fights in this Quincy Arc are not drawn out and are actually good. Not just "oh, I can nuke the town better than you can" like in the Shinobi War, the Sternritters are actually showing skill and using strategy.

We yet have to see this Arc animated but Bleach has been consistant with its animation so far, so I expect nothing less than the best.

There is actually foreshadowing and less plotholes to Yhwach than there is Madara because the manga isn't finished yet I can say to least.

Kishi has a lot to learn from Kubo in terms of adaption.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

And Jojo is better then Both.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You wanna talk about bad ideas.. Fullbring Arc. nuff said.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes it is. The only good arc Bleach ever had was the Soul Society arc.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost threw up. What is this sh!t?

Android17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of either of them. I'd easily beat them like a rug.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Shippuden is better then bleach.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JuzaCloud

Do people really think that other top shonen suck? Or is it, people feel like other popular manga/anime are a threat to the media that they prefer? So they defend it like its their own comic/manga.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOTH SUCK

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never tried to whiten my clothes with Naruto

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Naruto gradually lost its intensity till the very end.

While bleach dropped the ball completely after fkt arc. Fullbring was a new low to bleach. But it gradually got better and better from the last 200 chapters. To the point that it's one of my top 3 current favourite series.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach was, and from what I've seen, is the same arc over again.

And Jojo is better then Both.

The only accurate thing said in this thread.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

What anime is better or worse is a personal derivative. What anime I find good, you might not like it. It always happens.

I personally prefer Naruto over Bleach though.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kyrees

lol, "my fave anime is better than yours and i will prove it to everyone but in reality only ends up making me more stupid because of subjective bias" thread. never fails to make me smile XD

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Before I start, I will say that I enjoy both.

With that being said, the ending half of Naruto Shippuden was a major let down in comparison to some parts of the series. For instance, the arc where Asuma dies is one of the better of the entire series. If you compare it too the entire Shinobi War Arc, it demonstrates just how poor the quality of writing was at that point. The characterization was all over the place, and the ending chapter read like a fan fiction. It just ended on a very bad note and really brought down the overall experience.

As for Bleach, I've always had mixed feelings about it. I love the action scenes and the inner workings of the Shinigami (Zanpakuto are a great idea, at least in my opinion). The part that kills me about Bleach is that it doesn't feel like one overarching journey. It just feels like the story is repetitive and boring in sections. Plus there is the Fullbringer arc (WTF was that?!?!).

Overall the difference between the two for me is that Naruto Shippuden started out really promising and ended up disappointing me because of the drop in quality. Bleach was already inconsistent even in its early days, so I already knew to expect it. Neither are better to me, as they both have really high points and really low points.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

lol, "my fave anime is better than yours and i will prove it to everyone but in reality only ends up making me more stupid because of subjective bias" thread. never fails to me assume XD

Relevant

No Caption Provided

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and Hunter X Hunter are far better than both of them.

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Shippuden lost the dynamic of what made Naruto such a great character, but it was still good. The series got less and less enjoyable as it went on, but it's still better than Bleach.

The Sai arc, the Itachi arc and the Pein arc some of the best storylines in manga. Everything after that was meh at best, but goddamn were those three arcs great.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Heatblaze

I like both? Really when it comes to fillers, they both are at fault...

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By silent_bomber

Naruto got bad as it went on, Bleach was always bad.

Could you imagine if the Naruto Anime had overtaken the Manga and the Anime people had finished it themselves? (a la the first Full Metal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter series'). We could've had an ending with original evil Itachi, hardworking Naruto, different Tobi etc

Could've been awesome.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those inferior shows!!!
Those inferior shows!!!

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strafe_prower: Its funny because the Fullbring Arc is about Ichigo getting his powers back and its really brings a darker aspect to the series. Naruto is gone for three years but hasn't really grown in strength it wasn't until the Pain Arc where Naruto gets stronger thats the biggest plot hole in Narito Shippuden. Naruto Shippuden was a failure of a series but the original Naruto series was almost top of the line. Bleach has its low points because of filler and trolling thats really the only I hear from people but I can agree with that though.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Never really been a fan of either, but Bleach seemed a little more interesting conceptually. In execution? I hadn't found either able to hold my interest.

I'm always willing to give them another shot though.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Strafe Prower

@stopdatards: I agree that the original Naruto series had higher quality writing. The Zabuza/Haku arc was just well done in every aspect, in my opinion at least.

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Tell that to countless Naruto fans

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto is the best anime out there, but it's leagues ahead of bleach. Bleach went dropping in quality after the soul society arc. The recent arc is doing better, but only few moments are where you feel it's a series worth following, not just out of habit.

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto fans "Bleach sucks, Naruto is good". You guys can't even back up your claims.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither Naruto nor bleach can be claimed as one of the best anime out there. There are tons of anime that are leagues above in plot, intensity, animation ect... Naruto is nothing . The problem here is most of comic vine are fans of shonen series.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

If someone enjoys either, respectively......then that's all that matters.

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: How so? I think Bleach is ahead of Naruto by a large margin the only thing I can that is bad about Bleach are the fillers and trolling. Naruto well I already gave my reasoning for it being a fail just look at the topic.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: How so? I think Bleach is ahead of Naruto by a large margin the only thing I can that is bad about Bleach are the fillers and trolling. Naruto well I already gave my reasoning for it being a fail just look at the topic.

I have to disagree on most of the points there. The only thing I agree with was the conclusion was very disappointing, but we haven't seen bleach end either...

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StopDaTards

@princearagorn1: Well, I guess not everybody is going to agree on this topic oh well.

StopDaTards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180: Never said it was the best anime out there I'm just trying to shut up these Naruto fans who are oblivious to other animes better than theirs.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither Naruto nor bleach can be claimed as one of the best anime out there. There are tons of anime that are leagues above in plot, intensity, animation ect... Naruto is nothing . The problem here is most of comic vine are fans of shonen series.

Sounds like the opposite of a problem to me. Shonen is awesome.

Bleach, one piece, inyuasha, and dbz, are all terrible anime and the reason why I despise the shounen genre.

You shut your whore mouth~

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In your opinion.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mekboy

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Bleach was, and from what I've seen, is the same arc over again.

Never read the Fullbring arc but this is true for the other arcs. SS, HC and current arc uses the same types of characters. There are characters you're supposed to care about in each arc and the rest of the characters are just there to let other characters get a bit of fight scenes.

These characters get all the screen time and are obviously meant to be liked by the readers more than the rest. There's the calm and cool guy - Byakuya, Ulquiorra and now Haschwalt. Then there's that badass type who is Kenpachi, Grimmjow and now it's Bazz-B. Then of course there's the scientist/weird guy who loses early - Mayuri, Aaroniero and now BG9. The rest are not very important characters at all with extremely minimal screen time.

With the current arc at least there are the Vandereich Elites who are at least somewhat relevant. Although we have only seen very little from them I'm actually quite interested to see what their abilities are. Especially Hawkman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like them both. The Bleach manga was better than the anime because it didn't have all that annoying filler. Naruto had filler, to especially during the kid Naruto seasons, but Shippuden's been better at making the filler interesting. I haven't read enough of the Naruto manga to comment on it beyond say it is what you'd expect. There's not a lot more that's left out of the anime. Both shows are/were good and both have run on for too long.

Having said all of this, I still prefer both the One Piece anime and manga over both Bleach and Naruto. I also prefer Gintama, One-Punch Man and a number of other manga titles over Naruto and Bleach. But, that is not a criticism against them, either. It only means that I receive more enjoyment from reading Beelzebub or the others previously mentioned than them. Looking at my MAL page, I place the anime of Naruto over Bleach but the manga of Bleach over Naruto. Like I said, I like 'em both.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both parts of Naruto are FAR superior to Bleach.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach should've ended with Aizen's defeat. I lost all interest in that show after I realized the show was going to continue, especially after such an insufferably long fight sequence with a villain I despise with every fiber of my being. Not even in the good way you're suppose to hate a villain. I just don't like him as a character. The Fullbring arc is nothing more than filler within the manga itself, which is just sad.

That being said I also really, really hate Sasuke as a character and his constant relevance to the plot of Naruto killed it for me some time after the Kage Summit arc where he went through and fought evenly with the freaking kages. Plus it was around this time that the writer went full on Uchiha wank mode and made them the center of the freaking universe with godly powers.

So both series managed to lose my attention well before the finale.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not a fan of either, but I think Bleach is slightly better.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

To me, Shonen are like popcorn action flicks. Fun, popular among the mainstream and maybe sometimes deeper than you'd expect. I feel like people always compare them to "better" anime not in the genre, it's really not a fair comparison.

It's like saying. "Fast and the Furious sucks, Birdman is much better." Well...yeah, but they're for different audiences.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10