Naruto: Are Juubidamas Ninjutsu or Senjutsu?

Avatar image for deactivated-6043ec881391e
deactivated-6043ec881391e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A topic that gets sometimes thrown around, that causes confusion, but also an important question when trying to determine the durability of TSBs, since they were used to guard the Juubi Jin against four Juubidama:

No Caption Provided

So, did the TSBs actually tank the Juubidamas or did they simply nullify them? I'm gonna try answering this.

Let's first start with the basics, namely a Juubi jinchuriki's and the TSB's inability to nullify Senjutsu-based attacks:

As we can plainly see above, Gamakichi's attack (Senjutsu-based) wasn't nullified. In fact, we have confirmation that when TSBs don't erase attacks, they simply tank them (duh):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Notice how the TSB cracked, and Naruto even commented on the thing being solid, hard, which is proof there was resistance.

We have confirmation from Kurama that the Juubi is simply a mass of natural energy:

No Caption Provided

As you may know, Senjutsu is natural energy+chakra.

In fact, we were also given a direct comparison between Gamakichi's Senjutsu attack and the Juubi:

No Caption Provided

This is proof that the Juubi's attacks are all Senjutsu-based, and thus can't be nullified by TSBs.

We also know that Juubi jinchurikis use Senjutsu-based attacks aswell, which confirms they use natural energy:

In conclusion, based on everything above, the Juubi's Juubidamas are Senjutsu-based, and thus the TSBs can't nullify them. So in the Obito scan I gave, the TSBs tanked the attack, not nullify. Therefore, the TSBs when formed as a shield, have the power to tank the equivalent of four concentrated Juubidama explosions.

Let me know what you think.

KingLycaon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably both.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JOVIOLMA

@thousandsteps: Ninjutsu, regardless the TSO shield tanking the explosions is a feat for itself since as the scan posted confirms, the Juubi is made of natural energy and he makes use of his chakra to use said blast following the nature of Bijuudamas, the databook also confirms the Juubi Jinchuuriki nullifies attacks not possessing natural energy, and by using Jugo's sage power Sasuke's attacks could lend on Obito's defenses.

No Caption Provided

This part in special:

呪印より得たり仙術の力 !

Obtained from the curse mark or the power of senjutsu

呪印の能力を解放したサスケと、呪印の元となつたチャクラを持つ重吾。仙術 ''須佐能乎'' は、自然エネルギーを持つ呪印の力を''須佐能乎'' に付与させた形態。自然エネルギ以外を無効化する十尾の人柱力対したサスケは、''須佐能乎'' に纏わせて、攻撃可能にさせた。

Sasuke who released the ability of the curse mark and Jūgo who has the chakra that was the source of the curse mark. Senjutsu " Susano'o'' is a form in which "Susanoo" is given the power of a curse mark with natural energy. Sasuke, who opposes the Ten Tails Jinchuuriki that nullifies anything other than natural energy, puts it together in "Susano'o" to make it attackable.

Regardless, there's a mistake in your claim, the Juubi failed to nullify his own Juubidamas cuz he couldn't, to attain the power of nullification one needs to attain Yin-Yang Release and use how Hagoromo did it as Juubito stated, Sasuke and Naruto managed to damage the Juubi before with their combined attacks, but they failed to cause anything to Juubito with the same attack due to his YYR.

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Senjutsu Naruto said that Senjutsu works on Juubito because it's the same energy the Juubi uses and that they had to fight Senjutsu with Senjutsu.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma:

Ninjutsu, regardless the TSO shield tanking the explosions is a feat for itself since as the scan posted confirms, the Juubi is made of natural energy and he makes use of his chakra to use said blast following the nature of Bijuudamas, the databook also confirms the Juubi Jinchuuriki nullifies attacks not possessing natural energy, and by using Jugo's sage power Sasuke's attacks could lend on Obito's defenses.

See, that's my issue. You can't call it Ninjutsu and claim the TSOs tanked the attack, since the TSOs negate Ninjutsu. Juubidamas behave the same way as Senjutsu.

Regardless, there's a mistake in your claim, the Juubi failed to nullify his own Juubidamas cuz he couldn't, to attain the power of nullification one needs to attain Yin-Yang Release and use how Hagoromo did it as Juubito stated, Sasuke and Naruto managed to damage the Juubi before with their combined attacks, but they failed to cause anything to Juubito with the same attack due to his YYR.

Yeah my bad, I'll edit it out.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, that's my issue. You can't call it Ninjutsu and claim the TSOs tanked the attack, since the TSOs negate Ninjutsu. Juubidamas behave the same way as Senjutsu.

Ninjutsu can land in the attack still as long it has natural energy as the databook states, not sure myself if the Juubi is able to replicate Senjutsu perfectly in a balance like humans, but it wouldn't bother me in anyway the category of it, just pointing out the TSO tanked the 4 Juubidamas and not actually null it as some people believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma:

Ninjutsu can land in the attack still as long it has natural energy as the databook states, not sure myself if the Juubi is able to replicate Senjutsu perfectly in a balance like humans,

For Shinobis yeah, they need to balance it out. But tbh I doubt the Juubi needs it, you know being the progenitor of chakra and a walking mass of natural energy.

Any Ninjutsu with natural energy can be called Senjutsu honestly. At worst, it's simply a Ninjutsu (in the name only) that behaves like Senjutsu.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-600f199354a16
deactivated-600f199354a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh if the Juubidamas weren't senjutsu based then Obito would have 0 need to even use his TSO as shields to defend himself from the impending quad dama detonation.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbb aren't jutsu

But yh Juubi bomb is made of senjutsu and tso can't nullify senjutsu

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EpicHotFlame

@citgo said:

tbh if the Juubidamas weren't senjutsu based then Obito would have 0 need to even use his TSO as shields to defend himself from the impending quad dama detonation.

Exactly this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93
deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether or not it's classified as a Senjutsu or Ninjutsu the Juubi uses natural energy he's a being of pure natural energy. Naruto litteraly needed SM just to sense his chakra and Naruto stated himself that only Senjutsu could fight Senjutsu when he used Senpo Rasengan on Juubito.

So ten tails TBB is technically "Senjutsu"