Name for Conner Kent when and If returns to DC Rebirth?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

If Conner Kent returns in rebirth what should his Super name be as Superboy currently belongs to Jon (Also Superboy kind of doesn't fit anymore if he returns ans is around the same age as tim He'd look around 18-20)

Should it keep the "Super" motif or perhaps ditch it?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

super teen?

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meverick

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor Kent/Kon-El?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Get rid or Jon and give him back his Superboy name.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stormshadow_x

@dernman said:

He along with all the friends/teammates his age aren't kids anymore (Tim for example) He'd be around 17-18. Does boy really still fit?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dernman

@stormshadow_x said:
@dernman said:

He along with all the friends/teammates his age aren't kids anymore (Tim for example) He'd be around 17-18. Does boy really still fit?

Doesn't seem to be a problem for Powergirl or Supergirl.

Not to mention the LoSH characters.

So no problem here.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@dernman said:

Kara has always been teen and the last time she was an adult I think was her death in COEI.

I don't know much about them but I believe All the LoSH characters were introduced as teens and just stuck with it.

From my understanding Conner was labeled Superboy because thats what he was just a boy, when he was attempting to take over the Superman mantle during the Death of Superman. It might come off as weird but male characters usually leave the whole boy thing behind or anything referring to them being kids such as Aqualad going by tempest. This could just be me though.

Another reason for characters keeping there names are because they're are no one else to really take it so its easier for them to keep it for the long time fans but with Jon around ( As you you said you'd prefer him gone) its the perfect time to let conner grow pass a name that doesn't represent him anymore in the same way in which Wally West also currently goes as the Flash despite barry currently also being the Flash.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@dernman said:

Kara has always been teen and the last time she was an adult I think was her death in COEI.

I don't know much about them but I believe All the LoSH characters were introduced as teens and just stuck with it.

From my understanding Conner was labeled Superboy because thats what he was just a boy, when he was attempting to take over the Superman mantle during the Death of Superman. It might come off as weird but male characters usually leave the whole boy thing behind or anything referring to them being kids such as Aqualad going by tempest. This could just be me though.

Another reason for characters keeping there names are because they're are no one else to really take it so its easier for them to keep it for the long time fans but with Jon around ( As you you said you'd prefer him gone) its the perfect time to let conner grow pass a name that doesn't represent him anymore in the same way in which Wally West also currently goes as the Flash despite barry currently also being the Flash.

• So are these characters still teens. Powergirl is still older than them. Not to mention Superboy had an important character element that should never have changed that he couldn't age beyond a teen.
  • So were these characters introduced as teens. If they can stick with it so can SB especially considering that preN52 non aging element.
  • Now that actually is just a social construct, if a girl can do it so can a boy if there is no reason he has too. Especially considering it could be weird to call someone who can't age something other than boy.
  • THat is dumb. Having to give up a name to another character is just a problem issue in comics. Not every character name has or should to be passed down or be a mantle. We shouldn't propagate the issue.Besides he's more than earned it and shouldn't have to give it up to someone else. With Jon around? Did I not say in my post to get rid of him?
  • THe name does represent him as I explained. WIth rebirth which is suppose to tie or at least bring N52 closer to their Pre 52 versions they should also bring back what I believed was an important character element in Conner not being able to age. So that thing about the name no longer suiting is another issue that isn't an issue
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superdude.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Supernova? Scion (from the CBR forums)? Simply Kon-El?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dernman said:

Why get rid of Jon? What's so bad about him that he and Conner can't just exist at the same time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman Jr

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Since Lar is back and on the dark side.. Might as well get the name Valor.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kon-El.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connie

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no room for Conner, he's replaced by Jon now and forever.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Power Boy? Always seemed weird that they're all Super and Karen is Power.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@dernman said:

Why get rid of Jon? What's so bad about him that he and Conner can't just exist at the same time?

Cause then you start to end up with the Robin problem. Not to mention there are already too many "SS"s and Kryptonians alive when truthfully there should only be one. At least with Connor you get a degree of separation with him being a half clone and having different powers. I give Supergirl a pass grudgingly though I wish they somehow worked around that like they did with Matrix but only better.

Lets not get into the fact it locks Superman into one point in his life unless they retconn him out and you know they hate doing that to characters.

Like Damian they should have left John to non cannon stories. I'm saying it because I don't like the character. I mean I've really grew to love Damian even though I hate the wank. I just think they shouldn't be in the main cannon.

One of the big problems I find in comic books today is dilution of concepts. 100 Ironmen, spiderman, supersomethings, hulks, sidekicks that have ti be like there mentors. THe list goes on. More bloated and more convoluted. Bloated

That's one of the reasons I was initially for the N52 because it was suppose to get back to basics or trim the fat. They screw up by throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is 2 kinds of arguments,1 being "what I want",and the other being "how things are now",and right now Jon is Superboy,and as long as DC is making money on him he is not going anywhere.

I'm the guy who wanted kon to be called Scion.it means descendant of a important family (that could either mean Superman's or lex's,or both),sounds like "psi-on",which is what TTK is,and the name of the episode of Smallville which had kon on it was called "Scion".

I wouldn't mind him being called just kon-el though.

Jon is not going anywhere,and Jon is to popular,in comics and on the YJ show,to be left out of publication for long.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Prime

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dernman said:
@aros001 said:
@dernman said:

Cause then you start to end up with the Robin problem. Not to mention there are already too many "SS"s and Kryptonians alive when truthfully there should only be one. At least with Connor you get a degree of separation with him being a half clone and having different powers. I give Supergirl a pass grudgingly though I wish they somehow worked around that like they did with Matrix but only better.

Lets not get into the fact it locks Superman into one point in his life unless they retconn him out and you know they hate doing that to characters.

Like Damian they should have left John to non cannon stories. I'm saying it because I don't like the character. I mean I've really grew to love Damian even though I hate the wank. I just think they shouldn't be in the main cannon.

One of the big problems I find in comic books today is dilution of concepts. 100 Ironmen, spiderman, supersomethings, hulks, sidekicks that have ti be like there mentors. THe list goes on. More bloated and more convoluted. Bloated

That's one of the reasons I was initially for the N52 because it was suppose to get back to basics or trim the fat. They screw up by throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I can understand your point on too many S's, but I think Jon being Superman's son gives him a similar pass like it does with Conner. He was born half human/half Kryptonian, so Superman still retains his status as the Last Son of Krypton.

I also disagree that having a kid locks Superman into one point in his life. It's the same stupid logic that caused Marvel to erase Spider-Man's marriage from continuity because they thought Peter having a wife meant they couldn't tell "good" Spider-Man stories anymore. In fact, I'd argue Clark having a kid actually pushes him out of a locked point in his life, as both Marvel and DC tend to do whatever they can to keep their characters as unchanging as possible because they feel the static status quo is what's most marketable.

Now, if all Superman stories are just going to be about Superman's relationship with his son, I can see how that'd be a lock on this point in his life. But just like how in the New 52 where Bruce was more involved in Damian's life, we had Batman and Robin which focused on Bruce and Damian's relationship and we had Batman which focused on Bruce's own solo stuff. Now in Rebirth, we have Superman which tends to focus more on the new family aspect Clark has and we have Action Comics which focuses more of Superman's more classical hero work, though Lois and Jon do still sometimes have a role to play.

Basically, if you want to read more of what Superman normally does, then you can. And if you want to read more about his relationship with his son, you can do that too. Superman having a kid doesn't limit the stories you can tell with him.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm terrible at coming up with superhero names, so I don't know.

I do, however, have an idea on how they should bring him back. So, Tim is going to be returning soon and he won't have much to do. Damian has taken over the Titans and apparently Batwing is the tech guy now in the Batfamily. Tim said he was leaving Gotham for college before his disappeared. When Tim is back, they should form a team with him, Connor, Cassie Sandsmark, and Steph Brown. Dunno what the team should be called, but at least it will give something for those characters to do since they are all mostly in comics limbo right now.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: The funny thing is, if it weren't for the obvious reason, that wouldn't be a bad name for Kon.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just have him be Connor Kent

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his actual name is connEr,not connOr,so it could be his hero name,I'm sure no one would notice lol.

I think the YJ4 should go off together and do something that isn't just forming a team,college,covert,hypertime,etc.

Kons name should be conner Kent as his secret id,and either kon-el as his public knowledge name,or Scion as his super hero name.

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Brainiactic

@dernman said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@dernman said:

So no problem here.

They usually have some adult variation for their names for when they grow up.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will call him Superboy but he will rarely team up with Jon.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@dernman said:

So no problem here.

They usually have some adult variation for their names for when they grow up.

No Caption Provided

In some but not all of them so the point still stands.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
redhoodsavagery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe superson