Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

MYSTIC

No Caption Provided

COSMIC

Why is cosmic favoured over mystic? Why does Marvel choose to make its cosmic side so prominent and the focus of all its events when the mystic side is more fascinating and more powerful? Why has cosmic lore, power levels, ect, been shown so in depth while the magic of marvel is left in mystery and ignorance?

DISCUSS

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@asgardianbrony: Well one of the reasons is Cosmic is actually more powerful. Celestials are Cosmic and Tiamut, the most powerful Celestial is the most powerful being in Marvel minus TOAA, The Beyonders, Fulcrum, Beyonder and Owen Reece. The second, I really don't think it is fair to say mystic side of Marvel is more fascinating because it is just who likes it more. You prefer mystical so you say it is more fascinating.The ones who prefer cosmic will say cosmic is more fascinating. And the third, Mystic side is not important. It does not keep the universe safe. It is just there which is one of the reasons why Marvel spends more time with cosmic.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

1. I cant wait to see your blog, because from my research mystic is definitely more powerful.

2. true.

3. Mystic side is definitely important, the sorcerer supreme is the most important person on earth, thor has saved the world countless times.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KrleAvenger

@asgardianbrony: One of the reasons also is because I think people find Cosmic things more interesting because Mystical side is not really the one which can be understandable and the events are not as nearly interesting and crazy like with cosmic events (that is just the way Marvel writes it).

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ASGARDIANBRONY
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony said:

@krleavenger: they have the potential to be far more crazy.

Yes but Marvel does not do it.

@krleavenger:

1. I cant wait to see your blog, because from my research mystic is definitely more powerful.

Sorry mate was busy and I shouldn't be but what to do?

3. Mystic side is definitely important, the sorcerer supreme is the most important person on earth, thor has saved the world countless times.

But saving Earth is not his job. He has his free will and can do what he wants and does not do what he doesn't want to do. And Strange saves the Earth yes but he is the only one who has that kind of a job while a lot more characters are tied to cosmic events.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony said:

@krleavenger: they have the potential to be far more crazy.

Yes but Marvel does not do it.

I know, such wasted potential.

@asgardianbrony said:

@krleavenger:

Sorry mate was busy and I shouldn't be but what to do?

Don't let your blogs be blogs!

But saving Earth is not his job. He has his free will and can do what he wants and does not do what he doesn't want to do. And Strange saves the Earth yes but he is the only one who has that kind of a job while a lot more characters are tied to cosmic events.

MYSTIC HEROES

Dr Strange

brother voodoo

Thor

Hercules

Captain Britain

Wanda

Magik

wiccan

Clea

nico minoru

Ghost rider

And there are more.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: The only one of those heroes who really keeps the universe save but that is his job really is Dr. Strange and Voodoo. All others have nothing to do with keeping the Universe save. And I can list comics heroes if you want.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I know there are probably more cosmic heroes, but I just think the mystic side should get more stories and events.

Captain Britain is the protector of the omniverse.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: And I don't think they wasted it's potential. I think their potential is very well used. They are giving it justice just not as much as they do with Cosmic side. I don't really care that much. Super Powerful Beings is something I really really like which is the reason why love to read FF but for the most part I love Earthbound Events.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Yes he is but current Cap has doesn't have mystical source. And not to mention that besid of his previous powers being mystical, that character overall has nothing to do with magic.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: actually his powers are still mystical, but how much power he has is tied to his confidence.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:Off Topics:

Do you want to see one interesting thread which became a disaster?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: But for the most part he has nothing to do with magic.You look at him and you will never see him as magical side of Marvel.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: But for the most part he has nothing to do with magic.You look at him and you will never see him as magical side of Marvel.

I see your point.

@asgardianbrony:Off Topics:

Do you want to see one interesting thread which became a disaster?

indeed!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Ok. Try to read the debate between whoisthebest and noone381994. It is full of trolling lol (I mean if you want).

thread

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@asgardianbrony: Well one of the reasons is Cosmic is actually more powerful. Celestials are Cosmic and Tiamut, the most powerful Celestial is the most powerful being in Marvel minus TOAA, The Beyonders, Fulcrum, Beyonder and Owen Reece. The second, I really don't think it is fair to say mystic side of Marvel is more fascinating because it is just who likes it more. You prefer mystical so you say it is more fascinating.The ones who prefer cosmic will say cosmic is more fascinating. And the third, Mystic side is not important. It does not keep the universe safe. It is just there which is one of the reasons why Marvel spends more time with cosmic.

I thought celestials were below the abstracts??? So it goes Toaa then celestials then abstracts? That would contradict Galactus' ability to currently overpower to full power abstracts at the same time.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite: All Celestials together are above Abstracts but are still weaker than Multiversal characters. However, the most powerful Celestial Tiamut is way above LT while the second most powerful Celestial Scathan is on LT's level. For galactus is he stronegr than random Celestial but weaker than most powerful Celestials minus Tiamut, Scathan and One Above All (Celestial).

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: so say Tiamut was to run into Lord Chaos. Who'd win?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite: Tiamut.

Okay. So this is why mutants have so much potential then? I follow marvel loosely. Tried to become a regular after ANAD but stopped after a couple issues other than the Ultimates run which is gold. Only follow major events right now as well.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite: All Celestials together are above Abstracts but are still weaker than Multiversal characters. However, the most powerful Celestial Tiamut is way above LT while the second most powerful Celestial Scathan is on LT's level. For galactus is he stronegr than random Celestial but weaker than most powerful Celestials minus Tiamut, Scathan and One Above All (Celestial).

Tiamut is above LT?

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KrleAvenger

@asgardianbrony: Based on statement made by Omnipotent and Omniscient Fulcrum.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

Cosmic appeals to people more or at least the people I've seen. Star Wars/Star Trek >Harry Potter/LOTR for alot of people even if the ladders are more consistently better.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

... the Cosmic side IS more powerful.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

2. true.

The One Above All (The Omnipotent being of Marvel) is a cosmic being, so i don't know why you think Mystic is more powerful.

2: Preference. So moot point.

• Galactus
  • Silver Surfer (Shaper-Of-Worlds)
  • Eternity
  • Infinity
  • The Celestials
  • Oblivion
  • The Fulcrum
  • The One Above All.

Considering the highest order of beings in Marvel are cosmically powered, i fail to see how Mystic is more important.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Ion know I remember a thread saying beings like Dormammu>>Galactus etc

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Ion know I remember a thread saying beings like Dormammu>>Galactus etc

Dormammu is more powerful than Galactus, but he isn't more important.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO it's because cosmic stuff is easier to write, mystical stuff takes a lot more originality/original ideas because there's no real basis for it.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony said:

@krleavenger: he said he was more powerful than LT?

No. Fulcrum said Tiamut's powers can match his own which should make him more powerful than the LT.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: so is Magik>>Galactus (obviously not current Big G). And Ghostrider>Surfer if mephisto and Dormammu are rivals?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: so is Magik>>Galactus (obviously not current Big G). And Ghostrider>Surfer if mephisto and Dormammu are rivals?

What the hell are you going on about? I mean Jesus Christ! the ABC logic you are trying to put across is awful.

Just because Dormmamu is (way) more powerful than Galactus, it doesn't mean Magic > Cosmic.

(P.S. Surfer has beaten Mephisto in a fight in Mephisto's own realm).

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: stop fanboying and read guy. Nobody said anything about "magic". This is where comprehension comes into play. I clearly wrote "Magik". As in the mutant who is also a hell lord.

Don't know where your eyes became crossed and you somehow read Magic> cosmic but I was never part of that debate.

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think it has to do with the creative freedom that cosmic side gives the writers when compared to the mystic side. All of Marvel's cosmic mythos was created by Marvel itself and they got to design the hierarchy and lore, which they also have the freedom to change or add to at any time. While on the mythic side they are working with characters and concepts they didn't create like the Norse and Greek pantheons and the concept of Demons and Hell, people have preconceived notions about what these things should be like and I image that a radical change to one of these well established mythos would cause a sizable backlash. I'm not saying you can't be creative and mix it up with mystic heroes I just think that as an author I would be more drawn to the mythos where my contribution might become a major part of the legend of the world then to one where the legends are so well established your contribution is most likely not going to be remembered.

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic side is more important AND more powerful.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By chiq

Cosmic is just probably easier to write. It's a lot more child friendly as well. If you go to the mystic side you have a lot of things that might be considered too brutal or too taboo for a younger audience. Demons, devils, Satan, demonic possession, blood rituals. Religion is often part of it as well.

It would be interesting to compare who would be the equivalent from each side though.

Thor = Surfer? Doc Strange =? Odin = Thanos? who would be the Mystic equivalent of the Annhilators? Ghost Rider, Magik, Wanda, Wiccan, Hellstrom, Manthing, Juggernaut, etc...

Shuma gorath = Celestials? Vishanti=?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CitizenSentry

@nite_nite said:

@citizensentry: stop fanboying and read guy. Nobody said anything about "magic". This is where comprehension comes into play. I clearly wrote "Magik". As in the mutant who is also a hell lord.

Don't know where your eyes became crossed and you somehow read Magic> cosmic but I was never part of that debate.

stop fanboying and read guy.

Says the fanboy that thinks Magik is above Galactus...i mean seriously the hypocrisy is dripping from your posts.

Nobody said anything about "magic".

......The thread is literally called MYSTIC (MAGIC) vs. COSMIC...I mean, come on!

This is where comprehension comes into play. I clearly wrote "Magik".

I love it when people use big words without knowing what they mean...

So you admit that you are placing Magik above Galactus?

As in the mutant who is also a hell lord.

LOL based on what? Because she rules Limbo? Hahahahahaha.

"so is Magik>>Galactus (obviously not current Big G). And Ghostrider>Surfer if mephisto and Dormammu are rivals?"

Yeah...I wonder where i got that from.

So according to you.

Magik>>Galactus.

Ghost Rider> Silver Surfer

Mephisto<>Dormammu.

Loading Video...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because magic and all of the mystic is really boring, I almost hate every that has a magic focus only. The Cosmic side on the other hand is really entretaining.

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite: @citizensentry: Let me clear this up for you guys, without insults.

Magical beings vary wildly in power, from gods of flowers and spring time to beings who could destroy reality just by setting foot in it, the cosmic side is a bit more balanced. Magic over all is in fact more powerful because while the cosmic is limited and confined to the laws of the multiverse magic is above and beyond those laws, this is evidenced by how The living tribunal has in fact needed to call on mystic entities to defeat certain threats, and even had a hard time against Dr Strange.

OUTER ENTITIES = LT, Tiamut ect

Cyttorak, shuma gorath and the many angled ones and the octessence could all arguably defeat LT or equal him in power.

ELDER GODS > Celestials, Abstracts

The elder gods are insanely powerful and equal to or more powerful than the abstracts and celestials. Wanda with but a fraction of Chthon's power changed the entire multiverse, and a single vishanti can destroy an entire universe.

Sky fathers, hell lords > Galactus, watchers

Depending on how well fed galan is and where the battle takes place a single sky father can defeat him, and there are millions of sky fathers in the universe combine them with the hell lords and dormammu even the combined might of the watchers and galactus could not stop them.

Billions of other gods>>> galactus heralds

there are billions if not trillions of gods in the universe, the heralds of galactus are outnumbered.

Over all the mystic side of marvel is more powerful and larger than its cosmic side, and it is very important. If you read the god butcher arc you know gods are important to the universe.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: stopped reading soon as I saw your butt hurt had you ignoring the fact nobody said anything about "magic". Meaning Myself, in asking a question, didn't once say magic>Galactus, I clearly used Magik>galactus; in reference to her pushing Dormammu around. But oh well, butts will hurt where tears will jerk

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49 JediXMan  Moderator

Sky fathers, hell lords > Galactus, watchers

Odin is generally beneath Galactus, and Galactus was able to defeat Mephisto in his own realm.

So... no, not overall.

and a single vishanti can destroy an entire universe.

That's not great. The Marquis of Death can do the same thing - it was his hobby - and his powers are mutant-based. Same with Franklin Richards.

The most powerful characters are Cosmic based (the Beyonders, Molecule Man, Eternity, TOAA, the Celestials, Death, etc.).

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: stopped reading soon as I saw your butt hurt had you ignoring the fact nobody said anything about "magic". Meaning Myself, in asking a question, didn't once say magic>Galactus, I clearly used Magik>galactus; in reference to her pushing Dormammu around. But oh well, butts will hurt where tears will jerk

All i see in your comment is "Stopped reading because i can't contend"