solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd
No Caption Provided

So, DC's got a Flash movie stuck in development hell.

Like The Batman, it was originally supposed to release this year. However, after Justice League's crappiness made it (barely) a box-office bomb, DC canceled it and went back to the drawing board. Here's my idea for the actual movie when they finally release it.

The Cast

Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash

No Caption Provided

Emma Watson as Iris

No Caption Provided

Ethan Hawke as Daniel West

No Caption Provided

KJ Apa as Wally West

No Caption Provided

Guy Pearce as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold

No Caption Provided

Norman Reedus as Mick Rory/Heatwave

No Caption Provided

Toby Stephans as Sam Scudder/Mirror Master

No Caption Provided

Jamie Bamber as Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard

No Caption Provided

Michael C. Hall (cameo) as Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash

No Caption Provided

The Story

The movie starts out probably two years after the events of "Justice League". Barry is graduated from college and is now a CSI at CCPD, and has a working relationship with his crush and fellow detective Iris West. Currently, he is using his powers to do good like his superhero friends, working to keep the city and its people safe from tons of villains.

Iris has a much older brother named Daniel, and he is currently in Iron Heights for killing their father when Iris was a child. However, a mysterious man (Eobard Thawne) approaches him and hands him a speed-force battery-powered suit that gives him the ability to harness "dark speed-force" and gain the same powers as Eobard. Eobard also tells him that The Flash is Barry Allen. Daniel uses his new powers to break Captain Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard out of jail. They go across the city, looking for Barry. This leads to several confrontations and Wally winding up in the hospital. Barry gives him a blood transfusion, which results in Wally getting powers.

The movie climaxes with Barry and Wally going up against Daniel and The Rogues, and Barry defeats Daniel by taking him into the speed-force and leaving him there, then going back into the present. He and Iris kiss and go back to their lives. Barry also gives Wally a homemade Flash suit he created as a prototype.

Post-credits scene: Thawne, realizing his attempt at ruining The Flash's life has failed, decides to travel back in time and "hit him where it hurts".

What do you think of this pitch? Comment!

MrClarky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I liked it man, definitely better than the studio immediately giving us a flashpoint movie that was just ridiculous. Although with everything that's happened maybe rebooting the whole franchise through flashpoint isnt necessarily such a bad thing. I like the idea of using the original Wally west not new 52, good way to differentiate from the show.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's a good pitch, but I don't really get the end credit scene.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's too clustered.... Wayy too many villains, rushing the introduction of Kid Flash, and the casting choices are weird.

Let's start at the beginning. Ezra as Flash is a terrible choice. The only way to actually accept him is if the script is astronomically better then what was presented in JL, and even then, the dude should bulk up a little. Barry should have the physique of a professional runner , and Ezra is too scrawny IMO. As for casting Emma, I don't see why you'd want her, she's just not a very good actress outside Harry Potter from what I've seen of her. As for KJ for Wally, just a flat no. I've watched Riverdale, and the dude is just a boring presence on screen IMO. Pearce and Reedus... just feel miscast as Snart and Rory. Stephans is an odd choice for Sam, and I can't comment on him too much since the only thing I've seen him in is Die Another Day. I can't comment on Bamber, since I've never seen him act.

Now we move on to the meat. I like the idea of including Thawne, as he is one of Barry's most famous rouges, but this runs the risk of Hall's performance being compared to Tom Cavanaugh's, and I'm not entirely sure that Hall can measure up. I would rather something like a comic accurate Savitar, someone who can give Barry a challenge, and it also presents a way to educate the audience on the Speed Force, and possibly even Barry himself, while avoiding the risk of being compared to the CW, as their interpretation of Savitar was nowhere near comic accurate. But that's just me. I like the idea of setting up the Rouges (in a way), but having them as pawns (more or less) just doesn't sit right with me, as they're a great team and have earned their respect. I would rather them be referenced at best. As for using Daniel West, I'm gonna go with a hard no. The man is just not a Reverse Flash to me, although I like the idea of how it was set up. Last but not least we come to Wally. Don't waste him appearing as KF for half a film, and at least pay him respect in intelligence and go with his comic origin. Wally's a smart kid, and how he got his powers is proof of that. Introduce KF in the next film, or the only after that. Don't force him in just for worldbuilding.

The post credits scene is weird... why not pay respect to Flash 139 and have Eobard Thawne (unrevealed) find a time capsule in the future containing Barry's costume and saying something like "finally". Teases Reverse Flash, pays homage to his first appearance (Flash fans would love this) and sets up whomever plays Thawne to be a different take from CW's.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never knew I wanted Micheal C Hall as Eobard. Now it seems like perfect casting.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That's where he decides to kill Barry's mom.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mutant1230 said:

That's where he decides to kill Barry's mom.

But Henry's already in prison as per the events of Justice League. The movie would have to take place in a post-Nora's death universe for the continuity to line up.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just about the casting, I doubt they get rid of kiersey clemons.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*WB CEO*

Sounds good. How about we cut this part out, move some of the third act into the first act, that way time travel can be incorporated earlier from another dimension divide by pi times the square root of 64 plus the circumference of an equilateral triangle?

Sounds good to me, do it or you're fired.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

It's too clustered.... Wayy too many villains, rushing the introduction of Kid Flash, and the casting choices are weird.

Let's start at the beginning. Ezra as Flash is a terrible choice. The only way to actually accept him is if the script is astronomically better then what was presented in JL, and even then, the dude should bulk up a little. Barry should have the physique of a professional runner , and Ezra is too scrawny IMO. As for casting Emma, I don't see why you'd want her, she's just not a very good actress outside Harry Potter from what I've seen of her. As for KJ for Wally, just a flat no. I've watched Riverdale, and the dude is just a boring presence on screen IMO. Pearce and Reedus... just feel miscast as Snart and Rory. Stephans is an odd choice for Sam, and I can't comment on him too much since the only thing I've seen him in is Die Another Day. I can't comment on Bamber, since I've never seen him act.

Imo, Ezra is a pretty good choice. He’s definitely a phenomenal actor who can work with what he’s got script wise. If they need him to he can dye his hair blonde and If you look at him recently, he’s bulked up quite a bit. Your got to remember that they finished actual shooting for JL almost 2 years ago. I’d agree with your opi on the casting though

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rem

Personally, I don’t like the idea of this many rouges and the Daniel west idea. I’d seperate all three flash films for one rouge. (Flash 1 villain reverse flash, Flash 2 villan captain cold, flash 3 villian gorrila grodd). And a few side villians for every film.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@solar_nerd: you have some pretty good casting calls. Not sure about Guy Pearce playing Cold. I could see him more as Eobard Thawne or Hunter Zolomon.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: JL isn't the first film I've seen Ezra Miller in. I've seen him in The Perks of being a Wallflower, as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I've just never thought very highly of either of those performances by him. Call it a difference of opinion when it comes to Miller. And it;s not all about dying his hair blonde, really.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did Barry become a CSI in 2 years? It should be more like 4.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds pretty great, not gonna lie.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Of the casting I only whole heartless agree with Michael as reverse. The rest I could live without but most I couldn't think of perfect castings for them. Good idea though

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good ideas! :D

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@rem: JL isn't the first film I've seen Ezra Miller in. I've seen him in The Perks of being a Wallflower, as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I've just never thought very highly of either of those performances by him. Call it a difference of opinion when it comes to Miller. And it;s not all about dying his hair blonde, really.

He’s a great actor imo. He’s definently better than Ray fisher, Gal Gadot, and Jason Momoa And can probably hang with Ben Affleck. Now, I don’t think he looks anything like Barry Allen which is why he should dye his hair blue and probably get blue contacts.