My Hero Academia Manga Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Avatar image for deactivated-6307faaa001f7
deactivated-6307faaa001f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was hoping Tamaki would have a dedicated chapter in his new form but I guess Kōhei Horikoshi had other plans and I was expecting Bakugo to die in the last arc but it's kinda too soon imo. I have no idea what direction this is going in guess we wait til next week...

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's unfortunate Tamaki's cannon did like...nothing. That thing was sick.

Avatar image for poedameronsbutt
Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Poedameronsbutt  Online

Deku is going to have a massive power up…

Also Bakugo’s quirk seems to have a fight or flight mode with the explosions all over his body.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Belando
@necromancer76 said:

It's unfortunate Tamaki's cannon did like...nothing. That thing was sick.

It seems like it changed the weather of three regions in Japan, but that's like... still nothing tangible storywise.

@tot4awhile said:

I was hoping Tamaki would've have a dedicated chapter in his new form but I guess Kōhei Horikoshi had other plans and I was expecting Bakugo to die in the last arc but it's kinda too soon imo. I have no idea what direction this is going in guess we wait til next week...

It's pretty clear, and very unfortunate that Hori is rushing the series way too much at this point. The big three should've had a whole chapter dedicated to them, a chapter dedicated to Tamaki, and then AT LEAST a whole chapter for Bakugo's awakening and growth.

@poedameronsbutt said:

Deku is going to have a massive power up…

Also Bakugo’s quirk seems to have a fight or flight mode with the explosions all over his body.

I'm assuming we get a similar rage situation from Deku again, but I'm not sure how the power-up would work. Aside from the hints of the second user being notable, possibly tied to, if not Bakugo himself living on within Deku.

Avatar image for deactivated-6307faaa001f7
deactivated-6307faaa001f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: True maybe he's trying to set up someone else's Awakening where this individual could possible revive Bakugo and help the team at the same time? There's a lot to speculate but maybe he is just rushing the manga get that shit over with 😂

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By Belando

The first leaks will be out shortly.

Edit: Surely any second now...

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando said:

The first leaks will be out shortly.

Please tag when they are

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By Belando

Breakdown.

Bakugo is still very much dead, with Jeanist confirming no pulse.

Shigafo is about to kill again and is threatening the others while tearing off Mirko's prosthetics.

Back to Shoto and Dabi. The small light we saw in Dabi's chest before we swapped scenes was actually him copying Shoto's ability. As many guessed, since he has a cold-based body, he seems to have a cold-based quirk as well and is now using it for the first time to neutralize his heat. He seemingly crisped one of Endeavor's sidekicks and is ready to continue fighting and causing havoc.

We shortly return to Endeavor, Hawks, and AFO, and see that All For One has fully regenerated in his younger state. Looking like we thought from the cover art of the last edition.

And finally, we see the two "civilian" moles within U.A planning something and that Skeptic has hacked "everything?".

Nothing from Deku from what I've gathered. High tensions though, and the art looks wild.

I'll tag when I get my hands on the raws.

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is another mha spoiler on chapter 363 (SPOILER)

Chapter 363: The ones who defend and the ones who attack

The chapter begins with Monoma thinking back to Bakugou's fighting during joint training, when he said he wanted a perfect win. He can't believe what he's seeing, he screams that it can't be true. Jeanist is next do Packugo Bakugou and confirms he has no pulse.

Mirio remembers when he said they would protect everyone until Deku gets there. He's extremely frustrated. TomurAFO says that now he's dead for good. He taunts Eraserhead saying he gave his student to much credit and stood on the backseat, that's why he's disappointed on him.

TomurAFO asks who wants to be Midoriya's new present and we see he's grabbed Miruko. She says she should've killed him way back at the lab. But she's not depressed, quite the contrary. She's angry and biting off Tomura's fingers.

It cuts back to Kamino and we see Dabi's still alive and kicking. He risked it all at the last second and tried copying Shouto's new technique. As a result, he has resisted it and is now burning Kidou and Onima, they're seriously injured. Burnin' tells Shouto to run. Dabi has the phosphor fire X on his chest too.

Shouto says he underestimated Touya thinking he had only raw strength. He has polished his quirk by himself for all these years, so he has a very polished control over his power. Dabi shouts "Skeptic!" and a voice starts coming from a device at that giant Noumu's back.

Skeptic calls Touya a daddy's boy and says he's to busy to respond, but if he's asking about Endeavor's location, he's fighting AFO on Gunga Mountain. We see TomurAFO again and he says they shouldn't have given the villains time to prepare, they should've rushed like Deku wanted.

Skeptic is controlling a satellite and keeping track of everyone's location. He's apparently communicating directly to many of the villains too. While many other companies were leaving Japan, he was dedicating himself to spreading Redestro's words.

The communication in the command room where All Might is at has been hacked by Skeptic, that's why Mandalay wasn't able to hear from Deku. The last thing we see from him is that he has an inside map of all the escape routes beneath U.A, and he's started moving something.

We see a glimpse of the shelters where the civilians are. The Todoroki family is watching as the Masegaki teacher tells her students to behave, but they are sure Five Pee Pee Man, Bakugou and the rest will win. But AFO's spies are there too, holding their phones.

The last spread takes us back to Gunga. AFO says he heard that in the last war the villains were taken by surprise, but not this time. Now they are the one attacking and the heroes have to defend themselves. They're one step closer to their dream. We see his face.

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory on dabi being mha kakashi finally came true

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought there was a break

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@david33 said:

Doesn’t make sense to me though. Isn’t Shoto’s new move a combination of fire and ice?

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson

Yeah i heard some people complaining about this to but my own theory is that dabi is using shoto technique in a more different manner like shoto own technique was meant to nullify dabi fire power dabi is using his own to increase his own flame but in a more controlled manner instead of the natural out bust her usually does and a good reason for that would be that shoto technique is still affecting him so the mimicking of shoto technique is just to give himself a boost and increase his flames and let's not forget the fact that this dude copied almost all his father techniques

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@david33 said:

Doesn’t make sense to me though. Isn’t Shoto’s new move a combination of fire and ice?

I think it's more likely Dabi always had a frost-based quirk, which he first now uses to counteract his flames. I don't see how more flames, controlled or not could stop him from harming himself.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assumed that the point of Dabi trying to copy Shoto was used his only variation of Shoto's technique and cancelled out Todoroki's attack. Because Shoto's attack was an ice fire attack.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By Belando

Chapter 363

I'm still very confused about Bakugo's situation. If he's actually dead, I feel like the whole scene should've been presented differently. Copium...

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

How in the hell are the heroes gonna hope to cope!

PRIME ALL FOR ONE IS BACK!!!

Avatar image for sinbad_hakuryuu
Sinbad_Hakuryuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Prime ALL FOR ONE, then all missing is Prime ALL MIGHT , though I'm not sure this is good for narrative wise.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willing to bet we will see a Prime All Might get dog walked by Shigaraki….. just have Eri rewind Toshinori just like Ujiko used the quirk destroying bullets to bring back AFO’s prime

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it was dabi making those cloud and not tamaki (men tamaki really did job)

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I hope Bakugo at least lives or something. Was gonna think Shigaraki's acting big, and is struggling, but I guess not. That, and this whole arc might be a pre-timeskip before going into other years.

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a (Spoiler ♨) of chapter 364

Chapter 364: What Makes you Use Your Power

The chapter begins with a flashback of the doctor explaining that the bullets Shigaraki stole from the Hassaikai were made based on a person's quirk and that it kind of confirms the Quirks Doomsday theory. He would then proceed with his research to extract it.

All of this was contained in a recording left along with his new mark, which All for One collected as soon as he left Tartarus. The next page shows him full restored, saying Endeavor should feel proud he made him use this risky card

Tokoyami realizes right away that it has something to do with Eri and Hawks notices that he is going down to where the other heroes are, so he follows him. But he's not fast enough: All for One has stolen the clothes of one hero and the quirk of another one.

All for One says that using Rewind is his final play, because his body will eventually disappear. But he is not bothered by this, because the baton has already been passed to Shigaraki. What he has to do is finish off as many heroes as possible.

Cut to Washington D.C. and we see that General Agpar is talking to the president. He says that they need to take the opportunity to finish off Shigaraki. Outside there are protests and destruction, including a sign that says "We Are All For One"

The president says that America is also in danger and that the Quirk Research Centers said Shigaraki is invincible, so he imagines that a political conflict will now begin in which the leaders of the first-world countries will fight for Tomura's trust

Aghpar tries to argue, saying that he won't stop after he starts taking away freedoms. But the president says that they have tried everything they had. When it seems like the discussion is about to end, Aghpar shouts "THAT MONSTER CANNOT EXIST IN OUR FUTURE!!!!"

Aghpar shows the picture of little Star and asks if he understands why she accepted death. It was because she wanted to see today's youth becoming adults, and because it is the role of the adults to support the new generation. As he says this, we see All Might reaching his hand to Star and Stripe, who extends in turn reaches her hand towards the future. It's a really beautiful page.

The speech ends by saying that this is why heroes use their powers. The focus shifts to U.A and we see Edgeshot. He says that he already has experience in entering people's bodies and that it's too soon to give up. He extends thinned parts of his body onto Bakugou's chest.

He asks Miruko to hold Shigaraki in the meantime, even if she dies in the process and says that he will not accept this death, that they cannot let this stopped heart lead to the end of a life. He will make up for the parts that were lost.

Best Jeanist understands what that means and says that he will not be able to come back. Edgeshot responds with, "I know. So I'll leave the rest to you, Class President Hakamada." We see a picture showing the two of them as students.

The final double-page spread shows Edgeshot's full face. He says he will become the heart of Bakugou and prepares to use his supreme ninpou. End of chapter

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, not really a fan of this fakeout, while part of me did expect Bakugo to somehow come back I still hoped that Horikoshi would at least go through with it fully as it would add more stakes to the story. This is straight up some FT level of BS, I guess Hori gave in to the Bakugo stans that were going crazy the past 2 weeks.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LL Edgeshot 😢 but we get Kacchan back 🥹

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deus Ex Machina 101.

lol, and the salt gonna be through the ceiling XD.

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgeshot became Bakugo’s heart? What? Lol. And AFO death confirmed. If Juju’s chp is this crazy then this week it’ll be 3 for 3, or 4 for 4 if One Piece has a crazy chp

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samsaknight: He's supposedly going to use himself to fill in the gaps in Bakugo's heart... While it makes sense that he's familiar with the insides of people, this is some weird stuff I could've never guessed.

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: I’m so confused how that even makes sense, like how would that even work? And y would that kill him? Like wouldn’t he just be his heart but like alive?

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By Belando

@samsaknight: While I'm not sure since it's some strange imagination on Hori's behalf, he's likely going to perfectly fill Bakugo's heart, but can never leave it... Sort of. I have no idea how that's going to work or how he would die. Guess the next chapter will reveal some details.

Aside from that nonsense, we're about to see Prime AFO cause havoc for a bit, which is cool.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@samsaknight: I agree bro Black clover My hero hopefully OP Juju if they all slap this week we going to be eating good

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: Ig we’ll have to wait for the explanation but it doesn’t rlly make sense. His quirk is basically human origami, how is he supposed to turn into an organ lmao

Yea it is but honestly I hope he lives up to the hype cuz ngl the League felt kind of underwhelming. Shiggy is the only villain that’s felt like a true threat to me

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool that there's a chance Bakugo's coming back. I wonder if he's going to come back enhanced or something enough to fend off Shigaraki. If he starts getting his own pseudo-vestige out of or eventually one day takes on similar skillsets of those who were helping him get far and get up, then maybe it might be interesting. I mean he can stun. probably make smoke bombs. and other stuff to mess with Shigaraki and other villains now, so who knows?

I kinda hope he extends time to do this arc rather than rush it all, even though its a war arc. I have many theories that might not happen. A part of me thinks Deku's going to reach out to Tenko and thus prevent him from using Decay or disrupt his powers and focus during their confrontation. But at the same time, Tenko would try and defeat him to test him. If Tenko won, then they would wait until Deku's at his best in the future to see which resolve really mattered should the series continues as Deku and others work towards handling the task of rebuilding society and trust. Maybe to show that Deku focuses on a resolve for a better future and unity while Shigaraki has focused on chaos and inevitable destruction.

Then again, another part of me thought Twice was alive and just counter Toga's efforts and thus change the tide of the battle which would've been an awkward and rushed scene. As well as Star and Stripe still causing trouble for Shigaraki in the vestige world which in hindsight would lead to either Shigaraki gaining New Order or having New Order being transferred into Deku or someone else prior to her death and Deku's potential trump card.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another chapter filled with nonsensical bullshit.

Maybe there's a possibility that Bakugo will get Edgeshot's quirk? Could be a pretty cool upgrade for Vs debates as he'd be able to use explosions on his enemies internals. At the very least he should be influenced by Edgeshot's personality.

No Caption Provided

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By Belando

@rizaadxn: Feels like Horikoshi doesn't know how to end the series. Edgeshot, even though we've seen him a ton compared to other heroes, has had zero intriguing background story, investment, or attachment to other characters, and so on. Him sacrificing himself means very little.

But as you said, from a Vs Debate and powerscaling perspective I could see this eventually work like some sort of power-up for Bakugo if he gets part of Edgeshot's quirk or personality within him.

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando said:

@rizaadxn: Feels like Horikoshi doesn't know how to end the series. Edgeshot, even though we've seen him a ton compared to other heroes, has had zero intriguing background story, investment, or attachment to other characters, and so on. Him sacrificing himself means very little.

Fr. It should have been Jeanist who sacrificed himself, it wouldn't change the fact that this fake-out was pointless, but it at least makes more sense than Edgeshot doing it. I mean have we even seen Bakugo and Edgeshot talk to each other before? It's ridiculous.

DAVID33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so here's in another (Spoiler)

Chapter 365: No.4 and No.5

The chapter starts with a narration talking about Edgeshot's quirk, saying that his ultimate move allows his body to become as thin as a spider's web. He is dissolving and going inside Bakugou's chest, and uses one of the bubbles Wash gave him to sanitize his body

He says that Jeanist has sewn up some parts, but others have escaped his grasp. And the lung was also damaged, so Edgeshot will make sure that all the wounds are sutured and then make sure that the heart starts beating again from the inside.

He hopes that Jeanist and Mirko will find a way to hold TomurAFO, because if Bakugou takes any more damage there will be nothing they can do. The narration says that, besides being very difficult to control, this technique consumes the user's life time considerably.

TomurAFO asks what they are doing, because he has already broken that toy. In mid-sentence his pronoun changes from boku (AFO) to ore (Shigaraki), as he remembers the time he told the doctor that he would destroy everything, in the beginning of My Villain Academia.

Veins start popping out on his forehead and he jumps towards Bakugou, enraged. But before he can do anything, Miruko jumps in front of him and hits him with a kick! He bites her leg with one of his hand-mouths and asks if she wants to be crushed that badly but this makes Miruko even angrier and causes her to rip off her own right arm and kicking Shigaraki again.

That kick did real damage to Shigaraki and he doesn't understand why, since he should be in a perfect state. Then he remembers the hits Bakugou landed earlier and thinks "No. It can't be..."

Jeanist catches Miruko in mid-air with his cables, placing her closer to Shigaraki and helping her to run on all fours without both arms and with only one leg. She screams "how nice you are, king of demons!!"

Shigaraki is about to land a blow on her, but Mirio suddenly appears through the sea of hands and puts his hands on Shiggy's face, blocking his vision. Shigaraki changes the direction of the hands to hit Mirio, but it's useless. Miruko asks where he's looking at and says that people only die when their time comes for good, the same line she said to the noumus in the lab.

TomurAFO still can't understand why Bakugou's attacks did lasting damage. That's when it finally dawns on him: that uneasiness he was feeling while facing the boy was fear, he was feeling threatened. Miruko remembers Edgeshot telling her to struggle and says that if she is asked to do something she will do it flawlessly, so that in the end she can die without any regrets. She then hits Shigaraki with several blows in a row, a move she calls Luna Rush!

Shigaraki looks at everyone and memories begin to flood his mind. He doesn't understand why they are trying so hard to save someone who is already broken, when, as a child, he was alive and no one reached out a hand to him We see panels showing all the members of his family, and on the last page they all begin to rise from the sea of hands, as if they were meat puppets. End of chapter.

Avatar image for madarauchiha147
MadaraUchiha147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea Bakugo is op now. Man severely weakened a Prime All Might level dude with just 3 attacks and made him feel threatened. This is all WHILE ALREADY INJURED.

Awakened Bakugo >>> Villain Hunt arc Deku who almost died from Lady Nagant. Idc what anyone else says.

Also, he weakened him so much to the point he went from being impossible for Mirko to scratch to a 1 limb Mirko damaging him lol.

Bakugo is the strongest hero rn until Deku prob gets stronger

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madarauchiha147: He only hurt him, which just means he has enough ap. Compared to other top tier quirks, his sucks and he doesn’t rlly have any hax

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadaraUchiha147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samsaknight: His speed and AP are enough to make Shigaraki feel threatened by a non OFA user which no one else has done to this point.

Bakugo is the strongest hero alive right now until Deku gets more feats and gets stronger

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible chapter.

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madarauchiha147: When did he get threatened by his speed? And like I said it’s only ap, he’s nowhere near the strongest. Star solos him neg diff wit knowledge lmao, same wit real AFO, Deku and bunch of other top tiers

He doesn’t even have any hax, my point still stands. His quirk sucks

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I enjoy Mirko still being insanely metal, It's a lackluster chapter for sure. Same with the last one if you ask me.

That said, Hori does get to jump into the horror and bizarre aspect of Shigaraki's mutation and the quirk singularity, which I enjoy art-wise.

MadaraUchiha147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By MadaraUchiha147

@samsaknight: he literally speedblitzes Shigaraki?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I never said he is beating SnS or AFO. Ofc not. But he is clapping any pro hero alive right now. And yes, including VH arc Deku and Endeavor. Current Deku is an another story and it is inconclusive.