MY FAVORITE MOVIES

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By kbroskywalker

Let it be clear, these are MY favorites, this isn't what objectively is the best. Here's the list:

5.GODFATHER

No Caption Provided

This is a great movie, comsidered the best movie of all time by some. There's great acting, and great characters. My one gripe with this movie was the scenes with that italian girl, seemed unnecessary to me.

4.REVENGE OF THE SITH

No Caption Provided

This is pure nolstalgia. This movie makes the list since it was the first star wars movie i watched. I remember the clapping with darth Vader and my dad tearing up at the end. Objectively this wasn't a great movie, it was simply decent. But i still have an incredibly soft spot for it which allows me to easily overlook all its flaws.

3.TARZAN

No Caption Provided

This is one of the most underrated movies of all time. In my opinion it had the best intro of any movie even outshining up's. In those couple of minutes there is more emotion than many entire movies combined in spite of the lack of dialogue. How disney went from this to pieces of crap like frozen is beyond me. The action was thrilling, the characters were endearing, and Phill collins hit it out of the ball park with the soundtrack. To this day two worlds one family is my favorite animated song even better than the likes of hakuna matata and bare necessities. This in my opinion is one of the top 5 movies of all time. Bonus points for tarzan inspiring me to get a mullet.

2.ROCKY

No Caption Provided

GONNA FLY NOW... this movie had me flying. The score is perfect, the fight is thrilling, stallone is great, the story is great. Rocky is my second favorite movie series and inspired me to learn boxing from my friends. So what could top this?

1.EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

No Caption Provided

now unlike ROTS, this is a great movie, a masterpiece. Its easily one of the best movies of all time, and it being a star wars movie, my favorite series, was always going to put this at the top of my list.. It has the best plot twist in a movie of all time, it has a soundtrack from the best movie composer of all time, it has one of the best fight sequences of all time. It also introduced yoda, the lovable bamf green guy, showed luke truly grapple with the evil within, and set up the finale perfectly. This is the quintessential classic as well as part of my favorite franchise which is why it gets top pick.

Agree or Disagree?, comment below

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Nice choices.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice choices.

what would your list be, any animated movies?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Great list...There all winners.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's your list

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list mate. I like all of those movies too, although none are in my top 5.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list mate. I like all of those movies too, although none are in my top 5.

whats your top 5, favorite animated movie?

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By erikarlsson

@kbroskywalker: Do you mean my top 5 movies AND my favourite animated one or my top 5 animated ones?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your top 5 movies, and your top 1 animated movie, you can do 5 too if you want, or don't have to do it at all, its a free vine

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: In no order: The Dark Knight, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, and Pulp Fiction.

Favourite animated movie: Toy Story or Lion King.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: In no order: The Dark Knight, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, and Pulp Fiction.

Favourite animated movie: Toy Story or Lion King.

like all the movies with the exception of braveheart and shawsank which i really wanna watch. Lion king is my second favorite animation movie

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jumpstart55

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• If were talking top six
  • Star Wars:A New Hope
  • Superman 2
  • Batman:Begins
  • Jurassic Park
  • The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug
  • Guardians of The Galaxy
erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Dude, you have to watch Shawshank Redemption. One of the greatest movies ever, and not just for me. It's ranked on many of the all time lists.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• Superman 2
  • Jurassic Park

i have to disagree with the hobbit's inclusion in the list, i found the hobbit to be a very dissapointing follow up to lord of the rings

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jumpstart55

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• Superman 2
  • Jurassic Park

i have to disagree with the hobbit's inclusion in the list, i found the hobbit to be a very dissapointing follow up to lord of the rings

Yea it had its problems, but the film just hit many of the right notes for me..And it was the only film of the series imo that captured the true essence of the book. But now that i think about it, I think i might have overstepped my feelings for 1 and 5. So i think my revised list goes

• Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back: The film was action packed, story and character driven,mythical and featured hands down one of the top ten greatest showdowns in cinama history.All and all It was just a much more complete film then first one.
  • Superman 2:This is My definitive Superman film. It truly captures the essence of what it means to be Superman, despite Superman sharing the same abilities as Zod,Ursa and Non but becuase of strong immovable moral stance and code, hes heavily contrasted from those two becuase hes not just some alien space traveler from another world hes the champion of the human race becuase of unwillingness to give in to Zod and give up on the people of earth.
    • Batman:Begins: The best Batman film hands down, you felt every blood sweet and tear Bruce gave in becoming The Batman..Ra's Al Ghul becuase of his surprisingly convincing philosophy on crime and corruption was the perfect antagonist for a beginner Batman.I loved the teacher-student angle they played with the two characters.
  • Jurassic Park/Aliens: Jurassic Park a remarkably imaginative film that works as a kind of adventure thriller, That in essence truly captures the magic that enchants the kid in all of us..Aliens was just an awesome gritty,scary sci fi masterpiece, that had you at the edge of your seat all though out.
  • Lord of The Rings:The Two Towers: Being the focal point of the trilogy it brilliantly conveys everything that made the series great with the scope,story,epic fantasy elements etc.
  • Guardians of The Galaxy: Because of its wacky nature, unwillingness to take itself too seriously,fascinatingly expansive world, combined with the perfect chemistry between the Guardians, it ranks as my all time favorite space sci fi opera other then Star Wars.
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Need to watch more movie but my goes

Dark Knight

Batman Begin

Hot Fuzz

Princess Monomoke (or Spirited Away or FMA milos star can't decide)

Monster Inc

Some movie I will see in the near future are:Shawsank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Argo, Rocky ( I have watch it, but I watch it as a kid and can't remember it that well)

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Saw number 5, alright, good taste. Saw number 4.... I was about to flip my shizz, but I saw you put Empire higher up (thought RoTS was going to be the only SW movie in here). Been restored, balance has.

Despite that, very solid list. I agree about Tarzan being somewhat underrated.

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many people haven't watched Shawshank. It's a classic.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in no particular order:

The deer hunter, goodfellas, the outsiders, taxi driver, empire strikes back

Favorite animated movie: toy story

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

For me, it is:

Ben Hur

Jeremiah Johnson

The Sting

Jurassic Park

Predator

For animated, I would go with Jungle Book with Incredibles, Lion King, Robin Hood, and Alladin very close behind.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw number 5, alright, good taste. Saw number 4.... I was about to flip my shizz, but I saw you put Empire higher up (thought RoTS was going to be the only SW movie in here). Been restored, balance has.

Despite that, very solid list. I agree about Tarzan being somewhat underrated.

rots is here purely for being my first sw movie, that level of nolstagia can make a decent to good movie feel like a classic

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• Superman 2
  • Jurassic Park

Yea it had its problems, but the film just hit many of the right notes for me..And it was the only film of the series imo that captured the true essence of the book. But now that i think about it, I think i might have overstepped my feelings for 1 and 5. So i think my revised list goes

• Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back: The film was action packed, story and character driven,mythical and featured hands down one of the top ten greatest showdowns in cinama history.All and all It was just a much more complete film then first one.
  • Superman 2:This is My definitive Superman film. It truly captures the essence of what it means to be Superman, despite Superman sharing the same abilities as Zod,Ursa and Non but becuase of strong immovable moral stance and code, hes heavily contrasted from those two becuase hes not just some alien space traveler from another world hes the champion of the human race becuase of unwillingness to give in to Zod and give up on the people of earth.
    • Batman:Begins: The best Batman film hands down, you felt every blood sweet and tear Bruce gave in becoming The Batman..Ra's Al Ghul becuase of his surprisingly convincing philosophy on crime and corruption was the perfect antagonist for a beginner Batman.I loved the teacher-student angle they played with the two characters.
  • Jurassic Park/Aliens: Jurassic Park a remarkably imaginative film that works as a kind of adventure thriller, That in essence truly captures the magic that enchants the kid in all of us..Aliens was just an awesome gritty,scary sci fi masterpiece, that had you at the edge of your seat all though out.
  • Lord of The Rings:The Two Towers: Being the focal point of the trilogy it brilliantly conveys everything that made the series great with the scope,story,epic fantasy elements etc.
  • Guardians of The Galaxy: Because of its wacky nature, unwillingness to take itself too seriously,fascinatingly expansive world, combined with the perfect chemistry between the Guardians, it ranks as my all time favorite space sci fi opera other then Star Wars.

batman begins>dark knight, inyeresting.

was superman 2 better than the original?

loved guardians of the galaxy and jarussic park, wanna watch alien

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Tarzan is a classic. Have you seen the trailer for the live action one?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jumpstart55

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• Superman 2
  • Jurassic Park

Yea i just liked Superman 2 alot more, even though the first one was just as good. But seeing Supes duke it out with Zod,Ursa and Non was just much interesting to me then watching him play cat and mouse with Lex...And yea the Dark Knight may have been the best film to feature Batman..It was not the best Batman film that heavily focused on Batman as a character..Batman Begins takes that spot..And yea you gotta check out Aliens it was awesome..And what your favorite scene in the Godfather?..For me its the scene where Michael and Enzo watch over Vito while hes in the hospital. That hospital scene was amazing.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@kbroskywalker:

1. The Town

2. The Dark Knight

3. Inception

4. Redline

5. Avengers

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_samantha I think that you've watched some interesting films. Mind listing your top 5?

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Tarzan is a classic. Have you seen the trailer for the live action one?

I don't think it will live up to the animated version.

saint_samantha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_samantha I think that you've watched some interesting films. Mind listing your top 5?

I'm flattered. I usually wouldn't do this, but I like being flattered so why not xD

No definitive Top 5, just a Top 2:

Whiplash

The Dark Knight

Honorable Mentions

Lord of The Rings

Before Sunrise

Réspire

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cool. It's hard to rank my favorite movies, but I'll give it a shot...

1. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

2. Once Upon a Time in the West

3. A Clockwork Orange

4. Trainspotting

5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

6. Lady Snowblood

7. Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

8. 12 Monkeys

9. Hellraiser

10. Under the Skin

saint_samantha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_samantha: Never watched those last 2 movies.

Are they any good?

They wouldn't be in my honourable mentions if they weren't. Before Sunset is the best romance movie I've seen, & I don't like romance films. Réspire is a foreign, coming of age story with a tinge of horror.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@jumpstart55 said:

what's your list

• Superman 2
  • Jurassic Park

Yea i just liked Superman 2 alot more, even though the first one was just as good. But seeing Supes duke it out with Zod,Ursa and Non was just much interesting to me then watching him play cat and mouse with Lex...And yea the Dark Knight may have been the best film to feature Batman..It was not the best Batman film that heavily focused on Batman as a character..Batman Begins takes that spot..And yea you gotta check out Aliens it was awesome..And what your favorite scene in the Godfather?..For me its the scene where Michael and Enzo watch over Vito while hes in the hospital. That hospital scene was amazing.

my favorite is the ending montage where the opposition is eliminated