• 61 results
#1 Edited by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Every once in a while I see a post around the lines "Why fairy tail gets so much hate?" And I usually never answer because there are so many reasons.

Hopefully, this won't be locked as bait thread because it is just me giving reasons why I never personally dislike Fairy tail and maybe some of you may ever agree (Which is doubtful since everyone has their own taste and preferences).

Keep in mind that these are my own reasons which may just sound stupid to you but it is what it is.

1: Natsu is annoying. He is kinda like the mixture of most annoying shounen tropes. He is somewhat a blend of part 1 genin Naruto and Luffy. While Naruto and Luffy have gone through tremendous amount of character development, Natsu is still the same dumb annoying shounen protagonist.

2: Nakama!!!!!!!

Ok this is one of the big things. BS plot armor. Pretty much all shounen does this but not to this degree. I mean, ever fight comes down to the power of friendship. Doesn't matter how strong or hax the enemy is, the flames of emotion always win.

Our protagonists went from getting their assess kicked by some random fodder working for Brandish to soloing (Not soloing but you get the idea) the Spriggan 12 in the same arc without any explanations.

3: Character growth.

Ok, It may sound biased for some of you but this show has almost no character development. Natsu is still the same fighting idiot since chapter 1, Erza is still the same strict rule enforcer etc. Most development I have seen would be Laxus or Gajeel's. The rest of the main cast is still pretty much the same.

4: Stale world.

I am gonna give an example to explain this one, The world of Naruto is a constant war fare, Bleach is a struggle between good and evil. One piece has so much going on that it is impossible to list it. Fairy tail on the other hand, its stale and just exists. There is no background theme or anything special about it. It is just similar to 99% of shounen magical worlds.

5: Powers.

This is more of a personal preference of mine I guess. The powers in Fairy tail, they stayed the same since episode 1. I mean, yea there is some variety in Natsu's flames or Erza's armor but at the end of the day, they are still pretty much the same. Almost everyone is the show is punching someone with their hands glowing, punches of fire, ice, shadow, light, gravity, whatever August is.

You have a wide concept of magic and yet all the fights come down to punching each other with special fists.

6: Copying.

Ok Fairy tail has copied so much stuff from other anime that I can't even begin to list it all. Just google it, you will see blatant rip offs from One piece, Naruto etc.

7: Erza.

This is more of a personal reason but I am still gonna list it coz why not? I dislike everything about Erza, her powers, her over the top character, everything about her fights. I mean she grows inexplicably stronger every episode.

Natsu and the company atleast trains or have an explanation behind their growth but Erza? Nope, every fight, she has a secret convenient armor that she never used before that perfectly counters the enemies. If she doesn't? Then screw logic, She doesn't even need any of 5 senses to win because Nakama!!!!.

8: No payoffs.

When you hype a character or a plot point, fans expect pay off but here? We get nothing. Hyped END for an entire arc, gave us one off the panel battle and one little skirmish with Grey.

Hyped Zeref for the entire series, turned him into a magic Aizen monster rip off butterfly, Zeref got killed by flames of emotion, like literally.

Hyped Irene, defeated by Erza because Nakama.

Hyped Aconoliga, got defeated by Natsu for 0 reasons because Nakama.

Hyped the 10 saints, fodder for most part.

9: No tension at all.

When was the last time someone died in Fairy tail? That's right, how is there supposed to be emotional tension when we know that no one is ever gonna die or that Natsu will always win because he ate a stupid crystal.

Look at Straw hat's defeat against Kuma, it helped solidify the fact that just because they are protagonist doesn't mean thy always win, I have forgotten how many times Naruto and Ichigo have gotten their asses kicked.

In Fairy tail? Yea, Natsu or Erza got beaten but then magically (no pun intended) they suddenly get stronger in the same arc and beat the villain because Nakama!!!!.

10: Talk no jutsu.

This show has more Talk no jusu than Naruto, seriously, they just don't flaunt it just as much. Example, Laxus, Gajeel, Jellal, Brandish, Leon, Kagura, Minerva, Sting and Rogue etc.

11: Mindless and Shameless fan service.

Those are some of my reasons tbh, you may or may not agree. What do you think about Fairy tail?

#2 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

I can point you to better series so you stop wasting time with crap like Fairy Tail

#3 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: I dunno, when I first read it, it seemed ok. Nothing extraordinary but not bad either. But slowly with each arc, it became really crappy, really fast.

#4 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairy Tail is a poor man’s One Piece.

#5 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

magical witch Puni

#6 Edited by StormShadow_X (15943 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than Db Super... Lol

Anyone I agree with everything accept the talk no jutsu. Did you pay attention? Bella was never evil and most of the characters you listed were never evil.

The joke about talk no jutsu is it turns horrible killers and such into allies

#7 Posted by SocaJunkie (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#8 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Erza gets naked so she's good.

#9 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp: C'mon simple man, I am trying to rant here. Don't make me go spill my cream cheese over fictional titties.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
#10 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

Grand Magic Games one of the worst shounen tournaments and arcs in general and fairy tail only got tits and ass

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#11 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3398 posts) - - Show Bio

This is completely accurate, there are basically no redeeming qualities to this series. I haven't even read it really, didn't bother after seeing the panel with Erza's bones broken and then, all of a sudden, she just GETS UP because NAKAMA POWERS and busts a meteor! I literally laughed at how bad the plot was for like ten minutes then never even looked at another issue, got the rest of my knowledge from hearsay and some clips of the anime. And yeah the fan service is way over the top, I'd call it hentai but I'm sure that has better character development in one episode than FT has in its entire story.

#12 Posted by Gokluma (8111 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing i ever love about fairy tail was about the female characters and their powers isn't typical healing base

#13 Posted by titing2101 (1130 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the fan service ^_^

#14 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by vptwarrior (552 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

This is the only reason to read it post the pointless 7 year timeskip after Achlogia shows up on that island during the S rank training. Beyond that there is nothing interesting, B_r023 is right, there is zero character development for anyone but the two people he mentioned. There were 2 different time skips, one involved them basically skipping through time that was ultimately pointless, the next was a 2 year one that changed nothing, i remember they gave Natsu a new look being giving him longer hair only for him to get it right back, why change it at all? Don't bother reading it for anything, want Tits and ass, go read Sora No Otoshimno, To Love-ru, or Yuragi no Yunna-San. If want action, read Naruto(manga, no filler in manga), Shield-Hero, Berserk (Warning heavy gore and violence), One Piece, or My Hero Academia. If you want both then i recommend reading History's Strongest Disciple or if want it messed up like berserk a little i recommend Goblin Slayer, have fun with those.

#16 Edited by ReaperTheGrim (976 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: I disagree with alot of your posts, but this one is 100% correct.

#17 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa1962e1d9d6
#19 Edited by deactivated-5aa1962e1d9d6 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact how Fairy Tail gets a final season before Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Akame Ga Kill, etc. makes me disappointed for the anime industry.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#20 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3398 posts) - - Show Bio

@narutobleachfan: The fact that Fairy Tail exists makes me disappointed in the anime industry honestly.

#21 Posted by Dust_Hawk (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: I know how you feel. Spent like 3 years of my life behind that crap manga, no fear to say this...3 years ago i wasn't here, on CV. I was just a simple manga reader, not involved into forums like CV yet.

Why i started to read it? The girls, dude. Got a company with 10+ girls and 4 boys...all of them were Fairy Tail lovers. Why? It was sooo mainstream on Facebook years ago. πŸ˜“ Not because it is a good manga or else. It was just fashion. So i've started to read it...until the end. Was i happy to read it? No. Enjoyed it? No. Was a waste of time? Not during that time...now? Outside that company and with hindsight? Hell yes. 😧

I agree wity your post. Just a thing...there's almost no training in Fairy Tail. 95% power up out from nowhere.

#22 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@dust_hawk: That is why I always disliked Erza. Take the eg of GMG arc, Natsu and co. Got stronger because of opening their second origin or whatever. It was still a viable reason, no matter how stupid it was. Erza however? NAKAMA ARMOR!!!!

She hot tho

#23 Posted by Dust_Hawk (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Kindergarten level of plot armor and device IMO

And that's why Fairy Tail is-was sooo followed...the random fanservice in every chapter. Speaking with my friends the main reason was "the girls are hot and...nothing else" and "girls likes the ships Jerza and NaLu".

Honestly...if i want to see some hot chicks i read an ecchi, harem...or an hentai 🀣 ops Fairy Tail is listed to be an ecchi in some sites.

#24 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@dust_hawk: It is kinda Ecchi. I mean Erza fights while wearing nothing but bandages on her titties.

#25 Posted by Dust_Hawk (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: striptease dragon roar still in my brain. πŸ€£πŸ‘Ž

#26 Posted by Rickthenick (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: I disagree with most of what you said in your post. Now I'm not saying that you have to like Fairy Tail but it seems like your reasons for not liking Fairy Tail but liking other shounen seem flawed.

1.Whether or not you like Natsu thats up to you but as you said in your posts since he is a Shounen character he's gonna have some of those "idiot hero" tropes.

2.Agreed however ill point out a problem with this later on.

3.This does sound kinda biased. There are characters with development.

Gajeel started out as like this bad boy but over time its shown that even he has a soft side.

Laxus started as a spoiled teenger but becomes more accepting and humble later on.

Wendy started out as a shy little girl kinda like Sakura from Part 1 but later on matured and become more of a fighter.

Sting and Rouge started as your typical arrogant jocks who were thinking "oh yea we're the sh*t" but when Natsu beat them they were like "oh crap we aren't so speacial after all"

Lucy started out as just a normal girl who just wanted to find a guild but when her father died she realized that she should really cherish the people close to her.

Gray initally had nothing really motivating him but he met silver that all changed.

Even Erza taught us that the people who act all tough can still hurt on the inside.

4.There was stuff happening outside of the main scene of the series mainly with Zeref and what he was up to. Thats what the timeskips were for.

5.You not liking their powers is your own personal thing but like how is what you said about every fight being the same not different from other shounen like Dbz where it comes to down to one guys vaporizing the other? Or one piece where it comes down to one guy punching the other really hard? Or Bleach where it comes down to one guy cutting another with a sword?

6.Ok this one confused me the most. Idk if its like you don't like how it copied from One piece and Naruto or how it copies in general because if its the latter then I don't see why you would have a problem with that for Fairy Tail but not other Shounen as Naruto and One Piece. The Hst verses basically startd out as a rip off of dragon ball.

7. I get how Erza is basically a walking PIS but there are other Shounen who have stuff this like for example in other shounen it seems like theres always some character who needs like rescusing or something.

8.This point also also connects to the Nakama point I'll bring up later but some characters did sastify the hype like Hades, Mard Geer CSK etc.

9.Igneel and other Dragons died. That was like one of the most important deaths of the series as it gave the other dragon slayers motivation to take revenge against Acnologia.

10.This one seems odd. If anything Naruto is preacher or tnj. At least in Fairy Tail we don't have to sit through half an entire episode on why Naruto must protect the Shinobi way.

11. While there was a lot of Fan service in the beggining it was fixed later on. Also how is the fanservice in Fairy Tail different from the fanservice in One Piece and Bleach?

12. Now back to the Nakama thing. Yes we all know it has Nakama poweups and that it dosent make sense in fights. Honestly its the worst plot powerups there are in Shounen. But you have to realize that pretty much every mainstream Shounen has plot powerups for examples

Dragon ball has the "I won't allow you to destroy my world" plot armour

Bleach has the "I made a promise to protect the ones dear to me" plot armour

Naruto has the "accept me for who I am " plot armour.

One Piece has the "run away and fight another day and we automatically next time" plot armour.

I agree with you that Fairy Tail has the worst plot armour but its not like plot armours aren't existent in other Shounen.

Tldr:The only really why you shouldn't like Fairy Tail over other Shounen is because of the Nakama poweups. Otherwise it's hardly any different from Other Shounen.

#27 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickthenick: If you don't agree that is totally fine. Like I said in the OP, this is my own reasons and some people agree and some disagree. About the copying thing, google it, you will see.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#28 Edited by HandOfPrometheus (871 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a huge FT fan till the Grand Magic Games. That arc had slapped some sense in me and from then I never liked the series as I did before. The time skip ruined it for me.

Erza was cool for a while then she literally became bs. The only characters I like are the ones who had crappy fights, Juvia, Laxus and Mirajane.

#29 Posted by Rickthenick (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Its ok Im just hoping that Fairy Tail 2 will be much better.

#30 Edited by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickthenick: I don't wanna ruin your hopes but Fairy tail is Bullshit in the last arc unless you are not talking about the anime?

#31 Edited by Rickthenick (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Im talking about the new manga Hiro Mashima will work on next

#32 Posted by Rickthenick (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@handofprometheus: I get what you mean moments like when Natsu soloed Sting and Rouge and when Erza beat Kyoka with half her senes gone gave me a headache.

#33 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickthenick: Really? I didn't know he waa working on another one. Let's hope he learned from his mistake, FT started good but failed miserably as the time went on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
#34 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Just teasing. It's a pile of salt being poured out. :P

#37 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#41 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed 100%.

#42 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: lol. Hey, it worked though.

#44 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@gear4god: Let's just forget this ever happened.

#45 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by LadyAdeline (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. I'm really disappointed about this manga.

As a girl i felt offended about the amount of useless fan service against the Fairy Tail ladies. Unnecessary. Used as THE ONLY Mashima's trump card to bring and tease more oppai fans. What a lewd move for a mangaka.

#47 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ladyadeline: I am a straight 20 year old who loves titties as much as the next guy but this was too much for a shounen fighting anime.

#49 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by B_r023 (5545 posts) - - Show Bio