Move over Superman, the better Superman is here and his name is SHAZAM!

• 84 results
#51 Posted by Aros001 (3760 posts) - - Show Bio

@essem said:

Even though Shazam has a fairly low budget. It's not gonna make enough money to stop the "shazam a box office flop" headline and comments everywhere. Even if it will be a profitable movie.

People dont care about budget, all they care about is a DC movie "flopping" with 40m opening weekend and doing about 400million worldwide and being the lowest of all the DCEU movies.

Its currently selling about 15% of Cap Marvel in presales at the same point in time. So anyone hoping it will make big money is going to be let down.

Which is really dumb when you think about it, especially to compare Shazam and Captain Marvel in terms of success. Outside of the two characters at one time having the same name, the two movies have nothing in common. One is the first female-lead MCU movie about a half-alien space soldier and the other is a lighthearted action-comedy about a boy getting magic powers. It's like dumping on Ant-Man and the Wasp because it's not Black Panther. They're not meant to be the same kind of movie so what sense does it make to measure their successes against each other?

I loved Aquaman and I'm certain there will be people dumping on Shazam for either not making as much money as Aquaman or not being as big an epic, even though, again, Shazam is not trying to be the same kind of movie as Aquaman.

#52 Edited by agent41 (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire said:
No Caption Provided

@agent41: You are not like the others hating CM. Your post history shows you are pretty much Wonder Woman fan. But suddenly when CM came, you are very interested in MCU and you are shitting on CM in every thread. How insecure are you about Wonder Woman.

Look who is talking.

I can talk about anything i want. I spent money and watched the movie, so go somewhere else accusing people of being haters.

#53 Posted by Essem (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@essem said:

Even though Shazam has a fairly low budget. It's not gonna make enough money to stop the "shazam a box office flop" headline and comments everywhere. Even if it will be a profitable movie.

People dont care about budget, all they care about is a DC movie "flopping" with 40m opening weekend and doing about 400million worldwide and being the lowest of all the DCEU movies.

Its currently selling about 15% of Cap Marvel in presales at the same point in time. So anyone hoping it will make big money is going to be let down.

Which is really dumb when you think about it, especially to compare Shazam and Captain Marvel in terms of success. Outside of the two characters at one time having the same name, the two movies have nothing in common. One is the first female-lead MCU movie about a half-alien space soldier and the other is a lighthearted action-comedy about a boy getting magic powers. It's like dumping on Ant-Man and the Wasp because it's not Black Panther. They're not meant to be the same kind of movie so what sense does it make to measure their successes against each other?

I loved Aquaman and I'm certain there will be people dumping on Shazam for either not making as much money as Aquaman or not being as big an epic, even though, again, Shazam is not trying to be the same kind of movie as Aquaman.

Yea i agree with you. Shazam doesnt need to make a whole lot of money. But even though it doesnt need to for it to be successful economically. It wont stop the negative "press" around it if it does end up as the lowest of the DCEU movies (which is very likely). I hope it does make alot of money, but the data so far just points the other direction. Its also under 50% of what Aquaman was, which opened to 67 million domestic. If Shazam opens to 30 million then its in the danger zone of being a flop unless it has very good legs.

#54 Edited by TobyMaguire (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

You are really sad person, if you believe there is no room for two feminist superheroes in the industry when there are 20 male superheroes killing it in box office.

Thankfully Brie Larson and Gal Gadot is not sad person unlike you.

#55 Posted by agent41 (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

You are really sad person, if you believe there is no room for two feminist superheroes in the industry when there are 20 male superheroes killing it in box office.

I never said that.

#56 Posted by TobyMaguire (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Actions speaks louder than words

#57 Posted by agent41 (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Actions speaks louder than words

And? My actions don't say that i'm against more female lead movies.

#58 Posted by Nucleon (3860 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

Sure thing. DCEU only has like -12 years in order to actually compete with the MCU.

Well. If brie larson and her lack of charisma will be leading the mcu from now on. I wouldn't count the DCEU out just yet. Because ms larson has yet to prove herself capable of being the face of a big cinematic universe.

100% agree. The MCU's future doesn't look as bright as its past.

#59 Posted by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:
@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

Sure thing. DCEU only has like -12 years in order to actually compete with the MCU.

Well. If brie larson and her lack of charisma will be leading the mcu from now on. I wouldn't count the DCEU out just yet. Because ms larson has yet to prove herself capable of being the face of a big cinematic universe.

100% agree. The MCU's future doesn't look as bright as its past.

facts

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#60 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23096 posts) - - Show Bio

If the entire MCU hasn't been able to "overthrow" Superman, I doubt Captain Marvel will. Recency bias is a bad thing. Superman is more than just the past 6 years of movies lol

#61 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS is the best film DC ever made

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#62 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainplanet_2: The first actually good DC movie?

Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both good IMO, especially the former.

#63 Posted by ScottyHawkeye (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop this fighting

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Captain Marvel and Superman can coexist

#64 Posted by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop this fighting

Captain Marvel and Superman can coexist

DC doesnt think so
keep tryin my dude Shazam

#65 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3865 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam needs a nerf.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#67 Edited by Thanos_thebadas (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@helloman: then he'll be human level. He was weak af, you guys have the nerve to shit on Thor yet praise such a weakling that Shazam was...

#68 Posted by Archangel01 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanos_thebadas: Lol DCEU Billy can finish %90 of the MCU Avengers under 5 minutes

#69 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9508 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh..

#70 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: Nope, Shazam was weak dude, stop the wanking. He only beats Hawkeye, Black Widow and Cap he loses to Hulk, Doctor Strange, Thor, Thanos, Hela, Wanda, Captain Marvel, Tony, Surtur

#71 Posted by Archangel01 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by Lan_Fan (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#73 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12188 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#74 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainplanet_2: Superman Cavill a Mary Sue? … you went full tard. I don't think you know what a Mary Sue is.

#75 Posted by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: Nope, Shazam was weak dude, stop the wanking. He only beats Hawkeye, Black Widow and Cap he loses to Hulk, Doctor Strange, Thor, Thanos, Hela, Wanda, Captain Marvel, Tony, Surtur

hahahahah no

#76 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie genuinely went out of its way to make Billy someone the audience would root for. At the end of the day Billy is just a kid with superpowers, and his mentality/ humor all made it stand out. I was laughing at a lot of the jokes, and at there were a lot of standout scenes (without spoiling) that definitely made him more relatable than MOS Clark. His character had a lot of emotional weight, and the foster kids all had their moments. Even Sivana had his moments (his desire for power), came from a relatable place of rejection that made him sort of similar to Billy. He was a solid villain and served his purpose of being a guide for Billy to realize his potential. Overall, it was a funny and lighthearted film and one of the best DC films in the current continuity.

#77 Edited by TobyMaguire (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam has got really great reviews in RT yet it is being sent to be slaughtered by Endgame. Shazam is already getting average reviews in the foreign box office because no big spectacle fight scenes like Aquaman, because it's budget, is 90 million. 90 million which is a Joke for Superhero movies. Marketing is very Mediocre. There is no hype. Releasing Joker trailer before its release date have further killed the hype. Everybody is talking about Joker than Shazam.

Will they have given the same treatment to a Superman movie? It is clear as day who is DC trying to protect.

CAPTAIN MARVEL/SHAZAM WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN MARY SUE Aka Superman

No Caption Provided

#78 Posted by TobyMaguire (1174 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#79 Posted by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie genuinely went out of its way to make Billy someone the audience would root for. At the end of the day Billy is just a kid with superpowers, and his mentality/ humor all made it stand out. I was laughing at a lot of the jokes, and at there were a lot of standout scenes (without spoiling) that definitely made him more relatable than MOS Clark. His character had a lot of emotional weight, and the foster kids all had their moments. Even Sivana had his moments (his desire for power), came from a relatable place of rejection that made him sort of similar to Billy. He was a solid villain and served his purpose of being a guide for Billy to realize his potential. Overall, it was a funny and lighthearted film and one of the best DC films in the current continuity.

excellent review
said it way better than i could

#80 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Yes. And you guys have the nerve to trash on MCU Thor yet you praise this weak jobber.

#81 Edited by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanos_thebadas:

are you kidding me? I'm one of the top posters on Thor's forum on this website
I just dont choose sides. I like Marvel and DC when they put out a product I like I have zero interest in carol danverse nor Ant man nor Dr Strange the same ways I dont care for lantern MMH Hawkman

#82 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: ok, I apologize. But I do see DC fanboys that have been shitting on Thor yet praise the weakling that Shazam was...

#83 Posted by phisigmatau (2093 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by rem (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Really enjoyed Freddy. He was a giant standout imo. Zack also did pretty damn well too.

That being said, I hated Billy’s asshole attitude in the first and second act. However, I can see why he is like that and I liked his character by the third act.

Loved Darla. A lot. She didn’t steal the show but she was a noticeable stand out. Wish they gave her more cute/funny lines so I could say she did.

#85 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

shazam family is the best thing in shazam myths