• 84 results
Avatar image for captainplanet_2
#1 Posted by Captainplanet_2 (51 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Move over Mary Sue, We got an actual powerful, cheerful character which brings us hope and Joy. Shazam has already destroyed Mary Sue in RT and will destroy him in box office with just 90 million budget compared to 250 million for Man of Steel!

Watch out MCU, DCEU is coming!

#2 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#3 Edited by ITouchedTheBoat (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie said:

@captainplanet_2: The first actually good DC movie?

I Liked MoS , Wonder Woman, and Aquaman

they really wasted their potential with Henry Cavill, such a perfect actor for the role and they had no idea what they were doing with him

#4 Posted by Richubs (5790 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Superman isn't really a Mary Sue tho.

#5 Posted by Captainplanet_2 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

No Caption Provided

Just like Captain (SJW) Marvel

#6 Posted by SanoHibiki (3447 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfeh.

#7 Posted by SocaJunkie (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Superman isn’t a Mary Sue. I saw Captain Marvel last night and nowhere did I get any SJW vibes, is this a case of making up things to complain about?

#8 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36897 posts) - - Show Bio

So can Synder fans finally admit it was his fault and David Ayer?

If Shazaam makes a billion dollars RIP Superman. He will be recast and used in movies as a mentor hero, but never the main guy.

#9 Posted by SaintWildcard (21881 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

Just like Captain (SJW) Marvel

Ooof, stop being a clown.

#10 Posted by Quinlan58 (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Captain Marvel. I don't care if copyright prevents him from being called such.

Also, of all the criticismm one can throw at DCEU Superman, Mary Sue isn't one of them.

#11 Posted by Captainplanet_2 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is Captain Marvel. I don't care if copyright prevents him from being called such.

Also, of all the criticismm one can throw at DCEU Superman, Mary Sue isn't one of them.

Yeah give more money to Captain SJW by saying Captain Marvel is good.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17155 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why Shazam can’t leave Superman’s shadow because ya’ll can’t stop comparing the two.

#13 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not better.

#14 Posted by Nucleon (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why Shazam can’t leave Superman’s shadow because ya’ll can’t stop comparing the two.

More likely the reverse.

While he was in another company, he oursold Supes. His appearances were limited since he was aquired, but even then each time he did, DC's execs are caught with sweat for the character their universe in built around - Superman.

Don't under-estimate the appeal of this character.

#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17155 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I’m aware of the story, but constant comparisons with Superman limits.

#16 Posted by Heatforce (6421 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad you liked it 🤷‍♂️

Loading Video...

#17 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5231 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse:

I don’t know if the movie will make a billion lol. If it does, it will be a miracle.

#18 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5231 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:

DC always does it’s fair share of digs to Shazam. In the movie even Freddy says “wow you’re almost as cool as Superman, almost.”

Shazam will never get the limelight as long as he’s under the DC roof.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#19 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9358 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17155 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: not necessarily, because DC characters are literally only getting their exposure on the big screen now (Batman and Superman). I don’t think lines like that will do Shazam any harm, because if his film is good then naturally the character will build a fan base from that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4
#21 Posted by deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4 (141 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Superman isn’t a Mary Sue. I saw Captain Marvel last night and nowhere did I get any SJW vibes, is this a case of making up things to complain about?

It's the internet, so yes.

#23 Posted by Darkthunder (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god someone slower is the new supe

#24 Posted by CrimeNoir (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam is a childish power fantasy. A kid says a magic word turns from a cuck to a chad.

#25 Posted by Nucleon (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam is a childish power fantasy. A kid says a magic word turns from a cuck to a chad.

He was in fact Spider Man before Spider Man; It's very easy for a youth to identify with Shazam, because they share the same real-life concerns, just like for Spider Man.

Don't underestimate this character's proven appeal.

#26 Posted by CrimeNoir (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Both Shazam and Spider-Man are childish power fantasy. I mean Marvel rip off many ideals when they created Spider-Man from Shazam.

#27 Posted by FaradaySloth (10666 posts) - - Show Bio

Only bad DCEU movie was Suicide Squad. Were people expecting TDK tier movie or what?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#28 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7673 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has some decent movies WW and Aquaman are pretty soild films and would be on the upper tier of MCU movies too

Shazam looks to be better than both they just rushed things way to fast

BVS, JL, SS are all shit films Zach Snyders vision was just a shitty one things look bright going forward

#29 Posted by linkjt (767 posts) - - Show Bio

So some people here already watched the movie? How would you rate it?

#30 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11916 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch out MCU, DCEU is coming!

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#31 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2582 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure thing. DCEU only has like -12 years in order to actually compete with the MCU.

#32 Posted by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure thing. DCEU only has like -12 years in order to actually compete with the MCU.

Well. If brie larson and her lack of charisma will be leading the mcu from now on. I wouldn't count the DCEU out just yet. Because ms larson has yet to prove herself capable of being the face of a big cinematic universe.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#33 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2582 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

Well. If brie larson and her lack of charisma will be leading the mcu from now on. I wouldn't count the DCEU out just yet. Because ms larson has yet to prove herself capable of being the face of a big cinematic universe.

I agree with you but the main thing that keeps it out of the disbelief from trusting the DCEU is the fact that every time when they always seem to get a rhythm going it goes all down the drain with the production afterwards.

#34 Edited by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternaldarkfury said:
@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

I agree with you but the main thing that keeps it out of the disbelief from trusting the DCEU is the fact that every time when they always seem to get a rhythm going it goes all down the drain with the production afterwards.

I understand. Let's hope the DCEU can maintain the momentum this time.

#35 Posted by phisigmatau (2067 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainplanet_2:

haha every once in a while u make awesome threads
love the gifs too
cant wait to see Captain Thunder

#36 Posted by Aros001 (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

I think this is actually the first positive rhythm the DCEU has got going for it. Don't get me wrong, I like most of their movies but I'm well aware of their flaws and criticisms. So far their track record was:

Man of Steel: Audiences split, some love, some hate

BvS: Mostly negative

Suicide Squad: Mostly negative

Wonder Woman: Mostly positive

Justice League: Mostly negative

Aquaman: Mostly positive

Shazam: (According to early reviews) Mostly positive

So while the DCEU has had good movies, Aquaman and Shazam are the first we've had back to back, while MOS and WW had other movies between them. This is the first trend we are getting with the DCEU movies that might give us hope that "Okay, they've maybe learned from their mistakes and are putting out good, consistent quality now".

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how Joker and WW84 do.

#37 Posted by Aros001 (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much every superhero is a power fantasy. I don't see why that's a bad thing.

#38 Edited by TobyMaguire (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

DCEU is out. Have you seen the line up of DC movies .There is not going to be JL in a long long time. There are simply just making random movies while Marvel is going Cosmic. Did you see Gal Gadot acting and voice in JL? The only reason Gal Gadot was ok in Wonder Woman because they retake scene thousand times until Gal Gadot accidentally gave a decent performance.

#39 Edited by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire said:
@agent41 said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

DCEU is out. Have you seen the line up of DC movies .There is not going to be JL in a long long time. There are simply just making random movies while Marvel is going Cosmic. Did you see Gal Gadot acting and voice in JL? The only reason Gal Gadot was ok in Wonder Woman because they retake scene thousand times until Gal Gadot actually gave a decent performance.

Where is the proof they had to retake scenes so many times in WW? And at least they could get a good performance out of Gal. The "amazing" oscar winning actress brie larson had less range and facial expressions playing carol danvers, than a model turned actress in WW. So please let's avoid talking about acting, because comic book movies are hardly a place to find top level acting.

#40 Posted by TobyMaguire (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Because Carol Danvers is not the Joker to have insane facial expressions. She is an elite kree solider not a girl who lived with her mom in a 300 BC Island for 900 years not knowing how real world works.

Also go watch WW behind the scenes, there is your proof.

Anyway why are you so interested in Captain Marvel movie. You used to limit yourself to just Wonder Woman threads!

#41 Edited by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire said:

@agent41: Because Carol Danvers is not the Joker to have insane facial expressions. She is an elite kree solider not a girl who lived with her mom in a 300 BC Island for 900 years not knowing how real world works.

Also go watch WW behind the scenes, there is your proof.

Anyway why are you so interested in Captain Marvel movie. You used to limit yourself to just Wonder Woman threads!

Please elite soldiers and warriors can still have emotions. With all the hype about how big her journey was supposed to be. Finding herself after losing her memory, not remembering anything about the world where she came from, struggling and overoming the obstacles. She should have had a range of emotions wider than that of a dial tone.

I did watch WW behind the scenes and saw nothing wrong there.

You have 4 posts and you talk like you know me. There is something fishy here.

#42 Edited by TobyMaguire (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Brie's acting is intentional and can be changed unlike Gal Gadot's accent and acting which nobody can change.

Also I looked at your forum history which is limited to just WW unto CM came up. Very surprising

#43 Posted by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Brie's acting is intentional and can be changed unlike Gal Gadot's accent which nobody can change.

And yet her acting in cm was so underwhelming, that the model turned actress with a heavy accent outdid her. And accents can be fixed by the way.

Underwhelming acting is a goal for an actor? This is the first time i hear that.

#44 Posted by TobyMaguire (754 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@agent41: Underwhelming for you! They already fixed the accent by making entire Amazons speak in Israeli accent.

#45 Posted by kilgpmktra (955 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

#46 Posted by Essem (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Shazam has a fairly low budget. It's not gonna make enough money to stop the "shazam a box office flop" headline and comments everywhere. Even if it will be a profitable movie.
People dont care about budget, all they care about is a DC movie "flopping" with 40m opening weekend and doing about 400million worldwide and being the lowest of all the DCEU movies.

Its currently selling about 15% of Cap Marvel in presales at the same point in time. So anyone hoping it will make big money is going to be let down.

#47 Posted by agent41 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

@agent41: Underwhelming for you! They already fixed the accent by making entire Amazons speak in Israeli accent.

For me and for many others.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#48 Posted by TheInsufferable (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. Just because you asked nicely.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#49 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1191 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by TobyMaguire (754 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@agent41: You are not like the others hating CM. Your post history shows you are pretty much Wonder Woman fan. But suddenly when CM came, you are very interested in MCU and you are shitting on CM in every thread. How insecure are you about Wonder Woman.