Diana. Supergirl comes next.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 morpheus_  Moderator

Diana and Supergirl are good choices, I'd also argue Storm is well known outside of comic readers, too.

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Storm and probably Harley Quinn, right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wonder Woman, One could make an argument for Storm

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana, Storm, Catwoman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn & Black Widow.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the height scale is completely wrong.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oldboy93 said:

Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Storm and probably Harley Quinn, right now.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Yeah, Rogue certainly isn't nearly 6.5

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Diana is 6' and Kara is much shorter.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@heroup2112 said:
@rbt said:

Diana is 6' and Kara is much shorter.

That sounds much more accurate.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agent41

Wonder Woman.

Supergirl.

Rogue.

Harley quin

Catwoman.

storm.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Number 1 is undoubtedly Wonder Woman.

As for number two, probably either Supergirl or an X-Men heroine, like Storm or Rogue.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dextersinister1

Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Catwoman and Harley Quinn are the only real female comic book characters that I would say are household names. They are the costumes you will see every Halloween. I can't say the same about anyone else mentioned. I was thinking you could make a case for Black Widow because of the MCU but I think people often forget that she's even in those movies.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman without a doubt. Supergirl is probably second, and I'd argue Black Widow is close to Supergirl, due to the MCU.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say WW is first obviously, but for second Storm

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for number two, probably either Supergirl or an X-Men heroine, like Storm or Rogue.

How would you rank black widow?.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Talking OUTSIDE of Comics I would say Storm AND Rogue takes 1st and 2nd. Wonder Woman 3rd. The 90’s was a massive POPULAR era for the X-Men especially these specific X-Ladies. Starring in Video Games to Movies and a Popular hit cartoon Show The X-Men. Growing up A LOT of people watched and played those games and seen the show. Which is why these two X-Females would be prominent outside of Comics.

Wonder Woman I place 3rd because literally she’s had a show in the 70’s and only the older generation know about it.(Not sure if it was popular). I kinda wanna say the same for Catwoman 4th. Not sure about SuperGirl, but I would place her last due to rising tv show.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@mrmonster said:

How would you rank black widow?.

Top 5 for sure.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking OUTSIDE of Comics people seem to identify Storm, Rogue IMMEDIATELY off the bat due to Movie and 90’s Cartoons. Wonder Woman by an old show. Same as Catwoman. Not sure about SuperGirl, but I would place her.

Old TV shows. many cartoons and their respective movie appearances.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Only the older generation would know about it. She wasn’t popular like the X-Ladies where in the 90’s.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix said:

@agent41: Only the older generation would know about it. She wasn’t popular like the X-Ladies where in the 90’s.

Both Catwoman and Wonder Woman had a lot of TV show appearences in 60s, 70s, 2000s. People that grew up in the 60s, 70s and 2000s know about these shows, plus appearances in films. They are both above rogue and storm.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@agent41: And thats the thing they weren’t popular then. They may have had appearance, but doesn’t make Wonder Woman and Catwoman the MOST recognizable outside of comics. When was the last time Wonder Woman was in a successful cartoon show or starred in a successful Videogame or a Movie???

The X-Ladies Storm and Rogue have been dominating the 90’s and 200’s longer than WW And Catwoman

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix said:

@agent41: And thats the thing they weren’t popular then. They may have had appearance, but doesn’t make Wonder Woman and Catwoman the MOST recognizable outside of comics. When was the last time Wonder Woman was in a successful cartoon show or starred in a successful Videogame or a Movie???

The X-Ladies Storm and Rogue have been dominating the 90’s and 200’s longer than WW And Catwoman

They are.

2016-2017.

storm and rogue had 0 successful solo shows, games or films. Diana has her own hit TV show. Her own hit animated film, her own hit silver screen film. Catwoman has had a lot of appearances in hit TV shows and fimls too, and her own animated and live action films, so yes.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@agent41 said:

They are.

2016-2017.

ONLY for NOW...yes due to her successful solo Movie after 70+ years. If it wasn't for her movie she would would fade back to into obscurity until DC gets courage to try again.

But I SEE your trying to use her recent success as form of evidence that she is NOW popular. That's hard to play when the Storm and Rogue have been more prominent in the Mainstream longer than her.

But in the 90's to 200's she wasn't popular.

storm and rogue had 0 successful solo shows, poor them.

So did Diana which didn't help her gain popularity in the Mainstream Audience....poor Amazon.

Diana has her own hit TV show.

Which lasted for 5 years and wasn't that popular and only the Older Generation remember it.

Her own hit animated film,

And did that make her popular to the Mainstream audience??....Nope.

her own hit silver screen film.

Which saved her life from being thrown away by DC after their semi failed attempt at BVS.

Catwoman has had a lot of appearances in hit TV shows and fimls too, so yes.

Yes, more than Wonder Woman.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 WW

2 Catwoman

3 Storm

4 Rogue

5 Harley q.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix said:
@agent41 said:

They are.

2016-2017.

As of NOW? yes due to her successful solo Movie after 70+ years. If it wasn't for her movie she would would fade back to into obscurity until DC gets courage to try again.

storm and rogue had 0 successful solo shows, poor them.

So did Diana poor Amazon.

Diana has her own hit TV show.

Which lasted for 5 years and wasn't that popular and only the Older Generation remember it.

Her own hit animated film,

And did that make her popular to the Mainstream audience??....Nope.

her own hit silver screen film.

Which saved her life from being thrown away by DC after their semi failed attempt at BVS.

Catwoman has had a lot of appearances in hit TV shows and fimls too, so yes.

Yes, more than Wonder Woman.

Before 2016 Diana was still above the 2 poor team women that can't get solo hits. WW TV show lasted as long as the Who ladies in 90s cartoon, And Diana's hit was a solo hit. Poor girls.

Saved her life?. Her film has been the most positive thing in DCeu so far. More like she saved them. LOL at you acting like her achievements from the past don't matter, while trying to place X-who above her based on a team cartoon show from 22 years ago. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This ain't 1995. Poor them.

Call me when they reach Wonder Woman's solo comic sales, merchandise sales, TV show, DVD sales, Box Office, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

outside comic book audience?

wonderwoman now

then harley quinn

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

Before 2016 Diana was still above the 2 poor team women that can't get solo hits.

That has noting to do with Popularity Mainstream. Stop making personal tags at fictional characters.

WW TV lasted as long as the Who ladies in 90s cartoon, And Diana's hit was a solo hit. Poor girls.

No, it didn't.

WW tv show lasted from 1975-1979 that's 5 years. Where the X-Men animated series lasted from 1992-1997 that's 6 years ABOVE Wonder Woman's non popular show.

Saved her life?. Her film has been the most positive thing in DCeu so far.

Ok correction saved DCU's life. But in a way her's as well because nobody cared about Wonder Woman in the Mainstream.

More like she saved them. LOL at you acting like her achievements from the past don't matter,

I didn't say her achievments in the past don't matter. YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE them. That's why your ONLY argument that your clinging on to dear life is her recent success.

while trying to place X-who above her based on a team cartoon show from 22 years ago. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This ain't 1995. Poor them.

I think it's sad that you can't accept that Storm and Rogue have been MORE popular than Wonder Woman to the Mainstream Audience than you care to admit. Again, your ONLY argument are should I say the only leg you have is her Movie. I don't think you realize Videogames, Movies, Cartoons play a MASSIVE part to the Mainstream Public.

Fact of the Matter is Wonder Woman has been doing poorly until FINALLY 2017. Which really says something that it TOOK Wonder Woman 70+ years to be popular by the Mainstream Audience.

Poor Amazon.

Call me when they reach Wonder Woman's solo comic sales, merchandise sales, TV show, DVD sales, Box Office, etc.

Call me when Woner Woman has a successful Cartoon Show, Video Game, Tv Show.

ALL she has now is a Movie.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

outside comic book audience?

wonderwoman now

then harley quinn

The OP ask about the most well known and biggest iconic female heros worldwide outside comic audience. And Wonder Woman has been a well known icon globally way before her film.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix said:
@agent41 said:

Before 2016 Diana was still above the 2 poor team women that can't get solo hits.

That has noting to do with Popularity Mainstream. Stop making personal tags at fictional characters.

WW TV lasted as long as the Who ladies in 90s cartoon, And Diana's hit was a solo hit. Poor girls.

No, it didn't.

WW tv show lasted from 1975-1979 that's 5 years. Where the X-Men animated series lasted from 1992-1997 that's 6 years ABOVE Wonder Woman's non popular show.

Saved her life?. Her film has been the most positive thing in DCeu so far.

Ok correction saved DCU's life. But in a way her's as well because nobody cared about Wonder Woman in the Mainstream.

More like she saved them. LOL at you acting like her achievements from the past don't matter,

I didn't say her achievments in the past don't matter. YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE them. That's why your ONLY argument that your clinging on to dear life is her recent success.

while trying to place X-who above her based on a team cartoon show from 22 years ago. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This ain't 1995. Poor them.

I think it's sad that you can't accept that Storm and Rogue have been MORE popular than Wonder Woman to the Mainstream Audience than you care to admit. Again, your ONLY argument are should I say the only leg you have is her Movie. I don't think you realize Videogames, Movies, Cartoons play a MASSIVE part to the Mainstream Public.

Fact of the Matter is Wonder Woman has been doing poorly until FINALLY 2017. Which really says something that it TOOK Wonder Woman 70+ years to be popular by the Mainstream Audience.

Poor Amazon.

Call me when Woner Woman has a successful Cartoon Show, Video Game, Tv Show.

ALL she has now is a Movie.

It did. that 90s cartoon and WW TV show lasted about the same amount of years.

WW had success in mainnstream way before 2017. And solo success at that. Your x who can't relate. Show me the proof that mainstren didn't care about WW. Her hit TV show, animated movie, Film, merchandaise, etc prove you wrong. Where is the solo success of x who?. Try not talking out of your a............. next time.

All they have is............oh right, they have never had solo hits. Poor them.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

WW had success in mainnstream way before 2017.

They definitely weren't popular.

And solo success at that. Your x who can't relate. Show me the proof that mainstren didn't care about WW.

She had a bad tv show. (Lasted 5 years)

Her first appearance in a Video game was terrible(1995), but that still didn't make her popular.

Had NO successful Cartoon show since The Justice League animated series(2001-2004)

Had NO movie track record UNTIL 2017 which says A LOT about her popularity to the Mainstream.(She was forgotten until today)

Her hit TV show, animated movie, Film, merchandaise, etc prove you wrong.

I just proved you wrong.

Where is the solo success of x who?. Try not talking out of your a............. next time.

I'm not trying to talk my way out of nothing. I mean the X-men had a movie in 2000 where was Wonder Woman's??? You claimed she was popular in this era......Prove It.

What did she have the out-shined the X-Men Movie during that time??????

I'll wait.

All they have is............oh right, they have never had solo hits. Poor them.

This statement makes no attempt at proving Wonder Woman's popularity to the Mainstream. Which proves i'm right about you having only ONE argument.

Again,

Call me when Wonder Woman has a successful Cartoon Show, Video Game, Tv Show.

ALL she has now is a Movie

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix: A show that lasted 5 years was a flop?. Poor you, lowball harder please. That TV show lasted the same amount of years as 90s x-men(1992-1997).

storm has been around for 42 years, yet no solo hit TV show, or hit animated movie or hit film. Yet you want to come for Diana saying she had no mainstream success, when she has had successful solo projects in TV and films, and successful merchandise too?. What kind of self drag?.

Wonder Woman has also had many starring appearances on hit team cartoon shows and games, just like x-men women. Diana also has A LOT of references on TV, music, films, games, etc. So in what ealternatve universe are you living in, saying she was never popular before 2017?. She is the female hero before and now, she has been popular and well known way before 2017. She is above the other 2.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Wonder Woman

2. Harley Quinn

3. Catwoman

Sorry Marvel lol

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@stormphoenix: A show that lasted 5 years was a flop?. Poor you, lowball harder please. That TV show lasted the same amount of years as 90s x-men(1992-1997).

Not Low-balling that's stating a fact.

storm has been around for 42 years, yet no solo hit TV show, or hit animated movie or hit film. Yet you want to come for Diana saying she had no mainstream success, when she has had successful solo projects in TV and fims, and successful merchandise too?. What kind of self drag?.

By this statement tells me you actually don't understand what's being argued here. I'm waiting for your proof.

The X-Ladies Storm and Rogue have been featured in popular Video Games, Movies and Tv Shows.

That makes them MORE identifiable to the Audience than what Wonder Woman has been in period. If your not willing to see or acknowledge that then..........

Wonder Woman has also had many starring appearances on hit team cartoon shows and games, just like x-men women. Diana also has A LOT of references on TV, music, films, games, etc. So in what ealternatve universe are you living in, saying she was never popular before 2017?. She is the female hero before and now, she has been popular and well known way before 2017. She is above the other 2.

I've explained and given Major Examples of her Mainstream History that proves you wrong. SO:

Call me when Wonder Woman has a successful Cartoon Show, Video Game and Tv Show.

If ALL you have to say is her 2017 Movie then you don't have much of a case to prove her Mainstream Popularity

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

Not Low-balling that's stating a fact.

storm has been around for 42 years, yet no solo hit TV show, or hit animated movie or hit film. Yet you want to come for Diana saying she had no mainstream success, when she has had successful solo projects in TV and fims, and successful merchandise too?. What kind of self drag?.

By this statement tells me you actually don't understand what's being argued here. I'm waiting for your proof.

The X-Ladies Storm and Rogue have been featured in popular Video Games, Movies and Tv Shows.

That makes them MORE identifiable to the Audience than what Wonder Woman has been in period. If your not willing to see or acknowledge that then..........

I've explained and given Major Examples of her Mainstream History that proves you wrong. SO:

Call me when Wonder Woman has a successful Cartoon Show, Video Game and Tv Show.

If ALL you have to say is her 2017 Movie then you don't have much of a case to prove her Mainstream Popularity

Diana already had a hit TV show detractor. Stay mad that your girls don't have solo hits.

Wonder Woman also starred in Super Friends, Galaxy Guardians, JL, JL unlimited. Plus many successful games. Plus millions in merchandise. Try again lowballer.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By agent41
agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Wonder Woman haters. Saying she was a nobody before 2017. It must suck to know that your fave is not as iconic as her.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@agent41 said:

Diana already had a hit TV show detractor. Stay mad that your girls don't have solo hits.

*sigh* It wasn't a hit since it clearly took Wonder Woman 70+ years to get a movie. SO:

Wonder Woman also starred in Super Friends, Galaxy Guardians, JL, JL unlimited. Plus many successful games.

LOL You MUST be joking those were DEFINITELY NOT as nearly as successful or POPULAR as:

• X-men Children of the Atom (1994)
  • Street Fighter vs X-men (1996)
  • Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter (1997)
  • Marvel Vs Capcom Clash of Superheroes (1998)
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes(PREDOMINATELY X-men) (2000's)
  • Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds/Ultimate Edition (2011)

Storm and Rogue have been featured in most if not all of those POPULAR Video Games which come off the popularity of the 90's animated show and guess what people still play this today.

I'll help you the best Video Game that supports WW is: Injustice Franchise.

Movies:

Here the X-Ladies have been dominating the limelight for a long period of time. AND since you wanna make it about Storm in almost of those Movies Storm was played by a WELL known actor Halle Berry that really made the character stand out.

• X-men (2000'S)
  • X-men 2 United (2003)
  • X-men 3 Last Stand (2006)
  • X-Men First Class
  • X-Men Days of Future Past (2014)
  • X-men Apocalypse

Tv Shows:

BOTH Storm and Rouge as well as other X-Ladies made their famous debut in these cartoon shows only two where a hit.

• X-men: Pryde of the X-men (1989)
  • X-Men Animated series(Put the X-men ON TOP) 1990's
  • X-Men Evolution (2000)
  • Wolverine and the X-men (2009)

So clearly, the X-Ladies have been dominating the Mainstream for a LONG TIME. Wonder Woman is nowhere to be seen.

With that said I know claim Storm and Rogue are above WW in Mainstream Popularity for they have been in the limelight Longer than Wonder Women.

Plus millions in merchandise. Try again lowballer.

You mean Toys.

I'm done i've more than proven my case to why they are above Wonder Woman.

Edit:

Stop being such a baby. Your post 41 you can't prove i'm a hater because you can't stand the truth hurts don't it? Prove i'm a Wonder Woman hater i've been defending her in other WW battle threads. LOL sheesh enough with your personal hate with Storm its fine you hate Storm, but seriously to the point of your degree?

LET IT GO.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By agent41

@stormphoenix said:
@agent41 said:

*sigh* It wasn't a hit since it clearly took Wonder Woman 70+ years to get a movie. SO:

Wonder Woman also starred in Super Friends, Galaxy Guardians, JL, JL unlimited. Plus many successful games.

LOL You MUST be joking those were DEFINITELY NOT as nearly as successful or POPULAR as:

• X-men Children of the Atom (1994)
  • Street Fighter vs X-men (1996)
  • Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter (1997)
  • Marvel Vs Capcom Clash of Superheroes (1998)
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes(PREDOMINATELY X-men) (2000's)
  • Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds/Ultimate Edition (2011)

Storm and Rogue have been featured in most if not all of those POPULAR Video Games which come off the popularity of the 90's animated show and guess what people still play this today.

I'll help you the best Video Game that supports WW is: Injustice Franchise.

Movies:

Here the X-Ladies have been dominating the limelight for a long period of time. AND since you wanna make it about Storm in almost of those Movies Storm was played by a WELL known actor Halle Berry that really made the character stand out.

• X-men (2000'S)
  • X-men 2 United (2003)
  • X-men 3 Last Stand (2006)
  • X-Men First Class
  • X-Men Days of Future Past (2014)
  • X-men Apocalypse

Tv Shows:

BOTH Storm and Rouge as well as other X-Ladies made their famous debut in these cartoon shows only two where a hit.

• X-men: Pryde of the X-men (1989)
  • X-Men Animated series(Put the X-men ON TOP) 1990's
  • X-Men Evolution (2000)
  • Wolverine and the X-men (2009)

So clearly, the X-Ladies have been dominating the Mainstream for a LONG TIME. Wonder Woman is nowhere to be seen.

With that said I know claim Storm and Rogue are above WW in Mainstream Popularity for they have been in the limelight Longer than Wonder Women.

Plus millions in merchandise. Try again lowballer.

You mean Toys.

I'm done i've more than proven my case to why they are above Wonder Woman.

Lowballing WW is all you can do. Her TV show was successful.

Who cares how long it took her to get a film?. She gt it and was BIG. The best part of DCeu so far. When were your x women the ones carrying a show or a movie on their own?.Never.

WW appearences in hit TV shows, SF, GG, JL, JL unlimited.

WW has made millions in merchandise. Clothes, Toys, cosmetic lines, etc.

Above WW?. Yet she is more well known, and the first one a majority will name when you ask them about a female hero.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW is being underrated. The idea that no one cared for, or was super into the character, until the movie came out is a silly notion. WW is a pop culture icon, and has had her own TV show, been in several cartoons and animated films, been in dozens of video games, been referenced is dozens of other forms of media, etc...

Pretty sure if you asked people who Rogue or Storm was, you wouldn't find nearly as many people as you'd think. WW on the other hand? While many people may not be familiar with the character, they at least know the name.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@agent41 said:

Who cares how long it took her to get a film?. She gt it and was BIG. The best part of DCeu so far. When were your x women the ones carrying a show or a movie on their own?.Never.

Above WW?. Yet she is more well known, and the first one a majority will name when you ask them about a female hero.

So basically you have noting else to say that proves your own point as to how Wonder Woman is more Popular to the Mainstream Audience??? After giving you overwhelming Evidence that Proves you wrong.

Gotcha,

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By linkjt

@stormphoenix: What problem do you have with Wonder Woman?. All the times i have seen you in threads with her, you always discredit her and act as if she was an irrelevant D list outside comics before 2017.

What are you basing your claim that Lynda Carter show was not successful?. Because raitings proved it did well. Plus the re-runs and DVD sales. It is a 70s classic with its good amount of cult following.

She has had appearances in covers of magazines. A well known icon of female empowerment worldwide. A face of global campaigns to create awarenes of breat cancer, AIDS, as a symbol of the strength of women. In every poll of female heros you will always see her at number 1. Whenever you go out on the street and ask people about a female hero, you will see that a majority will say Wonder Woman. And before 2017, this was also the case.

Her appearences in cartoons is big as well. She was constantly in cartoon shows from the 60s to the 80s, and then again since the 2000s and onward.

Her costume has always been 1 of the most common in halloween and costume parties.

She is the face of countless toys, cups, bags, T-Shirts, and many other accessories. That have made her merchandise worth a fortune.

In 2009 she had an animated film that is the 7th highest 1 among DC animated films.

She has been a protagonist of Injustice League games, DC online and Mortal Kombat vs DC. All successful games.

Your notion she wasn't known or popular before 2017 is not accurate.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By linkjt

@the_man_with_questions said:

WW is being underrated. The idea that no one cared for, or was super into the character, until the movie came out is a silly notion. WW is a pop culture icon, and has had her own TV show, been in several cartoons and animated films, been in dozens of video games, been referenced is dozens of other forms of media, etc...

Pretty sure if you asked people who Rogue or Storm was, you wouldn't find nearly as many people as you'd think. WW on the other hand? While many people may not be familiar with the character, they at least know the name.

Let me help with more info. I used this in another thread already. @stormphoenix

https://www.popsugar.com/tech/Little-Girl-Cancer-Dresses-Wonder-Woman-36793557

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wonder-woman-cancer-patient-who-8758088

https://www.today.com/health/mom-inspired-wonder-woman-breast-cancer-battle-gets-pinkpowertoday-surprise-t104162

https://www.etsy.com/market/wonder_woman_cancer

When DC was at its peak creating the legends, Wonder Woman was one of those legends, and was a headliner. In GA, Wonder Woman headlined two different series (Wonder Woman, and Sensation Comics) and was present on most covers of 2 other series (Comic Cavalcade & All-Star Comics). Also Justice League, something she was an original member of, and at the time was the biggest character of those presented on the cover. Wonder Woman Volume 1 ran for 329 issues, of which Superman and Batman had only 15 total appearances in her series. Wonder Woman had 3 different series, (Wonder Woman Volume 1 (329), Wonder Woman Volume 2 (228). Wonder Woman got her self-titled, and second series 6 months after her debut because she was that popular. Wonder Woman has earned her seat at the table.

Amomg the characters that appeared on the cover of Brave and the Bold 28, Wonder Woman was the biggest 1. At that time Hal Jordan and Barry Allen were just starting out (Barry had only been on 11 covers, and Hal 3), and though Aquaman and Martian Manhunter had been around for awhile, none had ever appeared on a cover up till that point. Wonder Woman on the other hand had appeared on 289 covers up to that point. There are many characters that exist in comic books today, because of Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman also had a famous appearance on the cover of Ms Magazine. And she was a major influence of that magazine.

Not too long ago, the Smithsonian named Wonder Woman #1 one of the objects in their library of millions of artifacts that made America. That comic was the only comic book on the list. Wonder Woman has carried a title, a title in which she is unquestionably the star of the book, since 1942. That is unprecedented for women in comics. Few female characters have accomplished what she has.

WW also had her own TV show. Had her own animated movie. And had a digital series as well.

I will admit that Wonder Woman has had problems too, sure. But throughout the problems that she had, WW is still here, 24 issues a year. Still making people talk, bad and good. WW was also an honorary UN ambassador. Popularity comes and goes, but when you are historic, that can't be erased.

Wonder Woman is a solid concept of female epowerment. Marston wasn't alone. His family was involved in the feminist movement, not just him. And not just Elizabeth and Olive, other women were also involved in the creation WW. Wonder Woman didn't just open doors for women on the pages of comic books. She also opened doors for real women in the comic industry, as Marston also was the first to employ women as editors and writers.

Acting like Wonder Woman is not an icon, like she has achieved nothing on her own. That is truly understimating her. We should be able to support a character we believe is more iconic, without bashing the other character.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

So basically you have noting else to say that proves your own point as to how Wonder Woman is more Popular to the Mainstream Audience??? After giving you overwhelming Evidence that Proves you wrong.

Gotcha,

She had a hit TV show. And many cartoon show appearances as a lead, also in games. Try again.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That stormphoenix user acts as if WW TV show was a flop. As if all her appearences in popular DC cartoons and games don't count, yet he counts cartoons and games for the x-men women. LOL, hypocrisy at its best. Truth is, outside of team, storm and rogue have 0 hits.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

Diana does have a case, and but im pretty sure all of the others are far less known and or iconic OUTSIDE COMIC AUDIENCE WORLDWIDE than:

Ripley, Hermione, Leia, Lara Croft, Sarah Connor, Trinity, and, if they count, many of disney princesses like Elsa, Mulan, and some others