Most Underrated DC/Vertigo Series or Mini-Series

Avatar image for berzerkercharon
berzerkercharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is specific to the Vertigo imprint. I'm going to say Moonshadow but it's tough because I actually love the Vertigo imprint. Obviously, Sandman is out because of popularity (within the imprint).

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Preacher

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Think Fables is too popular to be included?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• 100 Bullets
  • American Vampire
  • Fables
  • iZOMBIE
  • Sweet Tooth
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@staticdwanyemcduffie said:

The Preacher

@neongamewave said:
  • 100 Bullets
  • American Vampire
  • Fables

These are all pretty popular.

Their popular but not in the same way that Sandman is. They have acclaim but not across all aspects or arguments they are not talked about enough.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

@neongamewave:

Yeah, but few things are as popular as Sandman. Preacher and Fables at least come close.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

@jedixman said:

@neongamewave:

Yeah, but few things are as popular as Sandman. Preacher and Fables at least come close.

Not necessarily there are quite a few things that are as popular maybe but not as lovable but definitely as popular and I see what you mean but they are more known amongst the Vertigo designated demographic, Sandman on the other hand is more out there.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

@neongamewave:

I'd consider Sandman, Fables, and Preacher to be the 3 most popular Vertigo comics.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@neongamewave:

I'd consider Sandman, Fables, and Preacher to be the 3 most popular Vertigo comics.

I agree but I still believe Sandman to be the number one of that top three list for Vertigo comics, Preacher is more in line with Sandman only because of the new upcoming TV series also Swamp Thing should be included as well. There is an audience who is not aware of Vertigo comics but that is attuned to Sandman when it comes to awareness. Sweet Tooth, American Vampire and 100 Bullets are not in that category they classify as different. Fables is more debatable however due to The Wolf Among Us by Telltale Games.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

@neongamewave:

I agree but I still believe Sandman to be the number one of that top three list for Vertigo comics, Preacher is more in line with Sandman only because of the new upcoming TV series also Swamp Thing should be included as well. There is an audience who is not aware of Vertigo comics but that is attuned to Sandman when it comes to awareness. Sweet Tooth, American Vampire and 100 Bullets are not in that category they classify as different. Fables is more debatable however due to The Wolf Among Us by Telltale Games.

Sandman is definitely number one. But I don't think that being in the top 3 constitutes being underrated. Not a lot of non-comic readers read Vertigo as it is, so I'd say all 3 are pretty unpopular with the general audience - though frankly, Fables might be more popular than Sandman for some people. I've actually met people who had no idea that The Wolf Among Us came from a comic book.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NeonGameWave

@jedixman said:
@neongamewave said:
@jedixman said:

@neongamewave:

Sandman is definitely number one. But I don't think that being in the top 3 constitutes being underrated. Not a lot of non-comic readers read Vertigo as it is, so I'd say all 3 are pretty unpopular with the general audience - though frankly, Fables might be more popular than Sandman for some people. I've actually met people who had no idea that The Wolf Among Us came from a comic book.

I don`t think their only underrated but I think they are under-appreciated as well especially if we were to "not think of the word Vertigo" as there are those who know of these series but there are many more who do not. Unfortunately that is true and that is where my argument agrees but that goes back to the point I made about Fables and its obscurity being integrated into its popularity due to the Telltale game I think in a way that also strengthens my argument`s strongest point in regards to the actual comics not being appreciated all-around. Sweet Tooth and 100 Bullets are award winning series but they are not all-around acclaimed by all audiences.

berzerkercharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By berzerkercharon

While not strictly DC/Vertigo, I think Hellblazer is pretty high on the list of popularly known titles under the imprint because of the Constantine movie and series, though the movie didn't really do so well and the series was cancelled.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fables is very popular. Got its own game that was critically acclaimed.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My favorites not mentioned so far are Sandman Mystery Theater and The Books of Magic. I'm also a big fan of the Doom Patrol's run under the Vertigo imprint. Black Orchid was the first book I read under the new (at the time) imprint.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Prez.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sweet Tooth

berzerkercharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Books of Magic was great. Was it ever confirmed whether it influenced the Harry Potter series or was that just an insane coincidence?

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThePieter

The Books Of Magic, Sweet Tooth, Sandman Mystery Theatre and Lucifer.

Avatar image for mollydanger2210
MollyDanger2210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadenders and Northlanders spring to mind.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

DMZ....