MOST POWERFUL WATERBENDERS : AVATAR (COMICVINE VOTED!)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aystarr

Here is the list of the most powerful Waterbenders in the Avatar: The last Airbender and Legend of Korra franchise. Based on the rankings of Comicvine users.

13. AVATAR AANG

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

12. TONRAQ

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

11. HUU

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

10. ESKA/DESNA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

9. KYA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

8. HAMA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

7. TARRLOK

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

6. PAKKU

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

5. UNALAQ

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4. MING HUA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3. AMON

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

2. AVATAR KORRA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1. KATARA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY.

@chloros: @vengefulshot: @rijehu: @byondeon: @masma94: @bigdreamer48:@aystarr: @anthp2000: @emmafrostxmen: @quinlan58: @crater_maker: @indomitableregal: @captain_narlowe: @king-ragnar: @stefano: @mialthefencer: @incursion2:@psi-bite234:@freestyler1999::@co-boss:@cpt_nice: @marvelfan1992: @viking1205: @thekeys: @mrgetmebodied: @thebuckaronatr: @shepardoakenprime: @arcus1: @darthfallax: @flashkings: @scarlet_wiccan: @supermanwithatan01:

dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@sophia89@@geekryan @emmafrostxmen @norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@lvenger

@funsiized@ssj_god@jmarshmallow

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@primebonnick@gizmorino@rijehu@myerlanski@koays@useyourname@stormdriven@hypnosis@pirateking@mitcheii@deranged_midget@abyssdarkfire@hatemalingsia@arv993@dreadpool10@batking200@sirneko@loklegends@kingvenus@marvelfan1992@martinceld@therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007@darkdefender@hulkage@linark@just_banter@soduh2@justicethorpsylocke

@lukehero@xxxcarzellxxx@pierpat@zukolicious@jrazor@theavatarguruu@pooty@joewell

@major_hellstorm@viren809@shepardoakenprime@blacklegraph@anthp2000

@amendment50: @king22@gothamciti:@tarutaru@kigretheviking @thebuckaronatr @crimson-feather @shepardoakenprime @jdogg @gunchar1@deathhero61@gothamciti@justicethorpsylocke itachus17@major_hellstrom@captain_narlowe

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks good, still feels weird to see aang at the bottom

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Props. Now you can relax :)

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Props. Now you can relax :)

I know damn well you're celebrating right now, lol.

Peace at last .

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss said:

Yeah, now that I think of it, we really didn't consider his abilities well.

He has alot of them beat in scale and potency, and is as skilled as the mid tiers.

I went through his feats again and I think he could've reached kya/the twins' spot.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@co-boss said:

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 viking1205  Online
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr i wonder how the airbending one wouldve gone without alts voting lmao

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr i wonder how the airbending one wouldve gone without alts voting lmao

Alts didn't vote in the airbending one though, just people making a mistake, aang would have a marginal advantage against korra if not for the ones that didn't read OP.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: nah, that was way too close for just a few mistaken votes :)

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr

Nice turnout overall. Katara and Korra taking it home for the South!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You damn right Katara won lol. Kya is too high, Ming Hua is too high. Other than that, great list overall.

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ming hua and unalaq too low

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 viking1205  Online

So Aang, Katara, Toph and Azula have won their respective elements, all four prodigies winning it looks nice.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Excellent job putting this all together. The Waterbending one was definitely the most difficult to rank.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By byondeon

Most powerful would be Korra, then Unalaq Post-Fusion then Amon and then Tarrlok and after that Katara...

The contest should be named BEST waterbender.

@viking1205 said:

So Aang, Katara, Toph and Azula have won their respective elements, all four prodigies winning it looks nice.

Azula should not have won hers. That should have been Iroh tbh.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aystarr

@chloros said:

Excellent job putting this all together. The Waterbending one was definitely the most difficult to rank.

Thanks!.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aystarr
@avatar_geek said:

@aystarr: Katara and Ming Hua are too high and tarrlok is too low and aang also too low and also tonraq is too low

1. Korra

2. Post-Fusion-Unalaq

3. Amon

4. Yakone

5. Tarrlok

6. Katara

I guess I should just move all the boys high and put all the girls low but even if I wanted to i couldn't as it is a community vote.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everything

Except Aang should be above Tonraq

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara in her rightful place

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rewatching LoK and Korra is better than Katara in most aspects. Wish the series came out on Netflix sooner, I would’ve made a case for her. Aang definitely deserves last; his water bending is nothing special

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everything

Except Aang should be above Tonraq

Aang should definitely not be above Tonraq. Tonraq should have been way higher than he was. He is probably the most underrated waterbender in the series.

@aystarr: the confirmed things in the series (korra wasnt able to resist bloodbending she resisted when she dont have waterbending so we can't count this as a resist and also Unalaq defeated korra with waterbending

Mako resisted bloodbending. Resisting bloodbending isn't so much a waterbending thing and more have to do with will power.

THE CONFIRMED THINGS (we saw in battles or we heard)

Amon is more powerful waterbender than Korra and Yakone and Tarrlok and Aang and Desna and Eska and Viper and Tahno

No. You keep saying Amon is more powerful than Korra with nothing that would put him above her. The only thing that he has shown is that he is a really good bloodbender. And while he definitely is above the rest besides Unalaq and Korra, he lacks in waterbending to make up for the disparity in power between him and Korra/Unalaq.

Yakone is more powerful waterbender than Korra and Tarrlok and Aang and Desna and Eska and Viper and Tahno

Again, no. Korra is still the most powerful waterbender.

Tarrlok is more powerful waterbender than Korra and Desna and Eska and Viper and Tahno

Again, no. Korra is still the most powerful waterbender.

Katara is more powerful waterbender than Hama and Aang

Yes.

Hama is more powerful waterbender than Aang

Technically yes

Ming Hua is more powerful waterbender than Kya and Desna and Eska

It's debatable if she is more powerful than Eska/Desna but she is more skilled than them.

Korra is more powerful waterbender than Desna and Eska and Viper and Tahno

Yes, but it's not hard to be if you are the most powerful waterbender in the verse.

Unalaq is more powerful waterbender than Korra and Desna and Eska and Tonraq and Viper and Tahno

Not more powerful than Korra. Unalaq is second most powerful bender after Korra.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: yes amon and yakone and tarrlok are more powerful than korra

No, they are not more powerful than Korra. She is above everyone in power.

she never resisted their bloodbending,

Evidence to the contrary:

Loading Video...

Here she literally resist his bloodbending.

and Unalaq also stronger than korra,

No, she is stronger than Unalaq. Canonically speaking. Not following your headcanon.

korra never trained after book 1 so she didnt surpass the top 3 bloodbenders and unalaq

Uh... What? She didn't train at all after book 1? What the heck are you talking about? Book 2 literally takes place like 3 weeks after season 1 ends. She literally trained with Unalaq in book 2 until she found out Unalaq was a PoS.

I can give you evidence that she didn't just not train at all after season 1 if you want to get evidence.

She was already above the bloodbenders in season 1. She just never encountered a bloodbender before (in a fight, as she knew about bloodbending and she knew Katara was one)

and also im talking about what we saw in the series korra never resisted bloodbending with her waterbending so she's not stronger than the bloodbenders

Uh, resisting bloodbending has not really anything to do with waterbending, but using the technique does. If not, then Mako wouldn't have been able to resist Amon's bloodbending.

Also, Korra IS more powerful than the bloodbenders. If not, Hama would be above literally all the other waterbenders. Unless you can say that Hama would be more powerful than Tonraq, Unalaq, Korra, Pakku, Eska/Desna, Ming Hua, you can't say that bloodbending is the be all end all to how powerful you are as a waterbender. However I will say this though.

Bloodbending is a very rare ability and you NEED to be powerful to be able to do it without a full moon. I would argue that you would be more powerful that Katara to be able to do it. However, Unalaq and Korra have surpassed that in power. They are canonically the 2 strongest waterbenders in the verse. They outrank Amon and his family in power. They are also outclassing the Amon family in skill.

and also I dont think shes stronger than Katara

Are you frickin kidding me? Korra is the strongest waterbender we have seen in the show. Korra would outclass all waterbenders in power.

or other highly skilled waterbenders,

Holy shit. You seriously think that Pakku, Ming Hua etc are more powerful than Korra? Can you back that up with anything or is that just your headcanon?

IF SHE was stronger waterbender she would resist,

She... Did resist. Also, resisting isn't something that only waterbenders can do you know. So that is a non-point.

again and again im talking about what we saw and explained in the series not my opinion,

The series Korra is canonically the strongest waterbender and Unalaq second. Amon is powerful, and would come in on a close 3rd. But Korra and Unalaq are a step above the rest in power.

also not everything is explained in the series itsnt explained that are the 3 bloodbenders stronger than katara or is she stronger,

Amon and his family is stronger than Katara. They would not be able to beat her in a fight if you use only water and are prohibited to bloodbend.

Katara and the bloodbenders ranking is based on people opinions

In this thread, yes. Korra is still canonically the strongest waterbender. Unalaq second. Katara is powerful, but not as powerful as Korra and Unalaq and the Amon family.

but the others are confirmed we saw Korra defeating Tahno, Viper, Desna, Eska with wterbending

Yes, so what? She still is way above them. She is after all the strongest waterbender.

and also we saw unalaq defeating her

She was not using waterbending. She was using Air, Earth and Fire bending. The only times she used waterbending was the Tug-O-War and when she made a shield to block an attack from Unalaq.

and Tonraq

You seem to assume that Tonraq is above Korra in waterbending. Oh boy do I got news for you.

Also, this is Korra when she was what, 5 or 6:

No Caption Provided

She had pretty decent power at a very young age. She didn't have the control she did during the series, but it's decent enough for her age. She was way more skilled at that age than Katara was at a young age.

and so if he defeated her
What do you mean. Stop with the no punctuation. It's REALLY FRICKIN HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU WANT A SENTENCE TO END AND WHERE A NEW ONE BEGINS.
this means he is stronger than Desna and Eska and viper and Tahno and also amon
Unalaq is more powerful than them all yes. Tonraq is only surpassed by Amon of the ones you mentioned.
who surpassed his father
You mean Amon? He is stronger than his father, yes.
is stronger than Korra and
Noone is stronger than Korra. She is the strongest waterbender in the show, period. This is canon. Whatever you say is your own headcanon.
Yakone was stronger than Aang so Amon is stronger than Korra, Aang, Yakone, Tarrlok. Viper, Tahno, Desna, Eska and every waterebender that korra was a powerful waterbender than them
Amon was stronger than all but Korra of the ones you mentioned. Unalaq is a close second to Korra. Your headcanon is your headcanon and yours alone. I follow the canon, that that is that Korra and Unalaq are the 2 strongest waterbenders followed by Amon. But you do you.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Tonraq did nothing aside from get stomped by Unalaq

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You damn right Katara won lol. Kya is too high, Ming Hua is too high. Other than that, great list overall.

Checkmate regal, I caught you being a katara Stan, what are you gonna do now uhn?, lol.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

Rewatching LoK and Korra is better than Katara in most aspects. Wish the series came out on Netflix sooner, I would’ve made a case for her. Aang definitely deserves last; his water bending is nothing special

If I'm being honest same, I still think katara is a better waterbender overall but I see Korra being better (as a combatant) when they're both in their elements, but it's close tho.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@indomitableregal said:

Checkmate regal, I caught you being a katara Stan, what are you gonna do now uhn?, lol.

LMAO. I am simply a man who advocates for truth, Aystarr. Whether the whole world denies it, or whether it's obvious to anyone sensible. XD

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tcharlie said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

Of course you of all people ignore context. And it wasn’t even a stomp seeing as how Unalaq almost got his face caved in

While he did get beat, Unalaq would beat Katara in a fight so I don't see that as a bad thing.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@tcharlie said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

Of course you of all people ignore context. And it wasn’t even a stomp seeing as how Unalaq almost got his face caved in

While he did get beat, Unalaq would beat Katara in a fight so I don't see that as a bad thing.

Delusion 101

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@byondeon said:
@tcharlie said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

Delusion 101

Truth = Delusional now I guess..

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PyroFN

Well, looks like the results are proof of that the majority favor the collective feats of power and skill and not simply just power overall.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

Not really. If you compare their movements, it’s clear Katara’s water bending is overall more fluid/ faster

No Caption Provided

and resourceful.

No Caption Provided

And though Korra has debatably more raw power showings, Katara has her own comparable feats in raw power as well.

No Caption Provided

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: azula is not the strongest fire bender

And Katara isn't the strongest water bender that's Korra or Unalaq or if we include the bloodbenders Yakone and Amon

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: you used some full moon 🌝 feats

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: this is about combat not healing or anything else this is a combat list

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PyroFN
@ronnylamar said:

@pyrofn: you used some full moon 🌝 feats

You say that, yet the first scan takes place at dusk where the moon isn’t even at its highest peak.

The only full-moon feat I used was the second scan, yet it wasn’t to highlight Katara’s power. It’s to highlight her resourcefulness. The full-moon does not amp ingenuity, speed, or skill, so your pointing it out is redundant here.

The only raw power feat I brought was the last gif, in which there is no discernible evidence there was a full-moon out when she completed this feat.

witchnred4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011: tbht the only thing korra exceeds Katara in is power, speed (maybe), and experience. other than that Katara exceeds her in everything else.