Most powerful characters from other Fantasy settings that Geralt of Rivia can beat?

• 69 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Who, in your minds, are the best/most powerful characters from each of the following settings that you think Geralt of Rivia can beat? Give an answer for each of the proposed settings if able (skip any you don't know):

Dungeons and Dragons

Warhammer Fantasy

World of Warcraft

Lord of the Rings (includes movie versions of characters, First and Second Age characters, and video game characters like Talion)

Malazan Book of the Fallen

To clarify, this is video game Geralt, which is supposed to be him at his best. Has access to all of his signs plus usual equipment.

Name your characters!

No Caption Provided

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warhammer Fantasy: Probably any Empire character-tier save for Karl Franz if Sigmar feels like amping him [without that amp, he should... maybe be able to take Karl but that is dependent more on the silly good gear Karl has and less on Karl's abilities as a warrior] and many of the non-chaos chosen/grail knight humans like Felix Jaeger. Might be able to take a Swordmaster of Hoeth.. but that would be about as far as I'd see him going with a lot of allowance given to Geralt.

The more.. 'average' and above named combat characters will paste him though, he doesn't want to be tangoing with Tyrion, Grimgor, Ungrim, etc.

World of Warcraft: Uh... There are a lot of characters, I imagine he does pretty well against most normal melee guys. Doesn't really want to tango with a lot of magic heavy characters unless he starts very close and given magic is very common in Warcraft, that is a fair number. If I had to pick the strongest... Probably some Orc like Doomhammer or human like Lothar.

Lord of the Rings: Almost any Third Age character. We don't really hear much about the Second Age. Geralt doesn't want to be in the First Age with people like Hurin 'hold my beer as I kill 70 trolls' Thalion.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty confident any relevant character from Warhammer Fantasy would completely trash Geralt. They are operating in an entirely different realm of fantasy than him.

He could probably take most Warhammer fodder 1v1. Though upper tier fodder like saurus or black orcs might get hairy.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@metaljimmor: What about named WoW characters? I don't expect him to be Arthas Lich King level or anything, but are there any notable named characters he can beat?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wut

@metaljimmor: Yea... the weird problem is cause of equipment. Like, Geralt has better stats then say, an Empire Elector Count or even people like Kurt Helborg, but the problem is his gear just.. sucks. Compared to their Runefangs which amp them and even do things like subtlety hijack their bodies to guide their blows and make them better warriors, its pretty much taking a sword up against a lightsaber. If those blades touch from a parry or anything, Geralt loses his sword. But I'm willing to say he could probably take on Kurt with his signs and pull out a win so long as he knows Kurt is walking around with a lightsaber.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Could he take Uther Lightbringer?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Considering the healing and self-buffs Uther can do, I'd wager on no. Geralt wants to be going up against people that don't have magic, like, as I mentioned, Doomhammer and Lothar.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@wut: He has fought magic users before. In Witcher 3 he's capable of beating a Higher Vampire and also Keira Mentz, who is a sorceress. Not saying he'd beat Uther, I'm just challenging the idea that he can't take magic users.

Also, I updated the OP to include another category: D&D. What's the best D&D character that you think he could beat?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: So? Felix Jaegar has beaten wizards in the past, doesn't mean because he has done so he has some intrinsic advantage over them. Without plot support or stupidity, a wizard [so long as they have some form of quick casting and start at a respectable distant] hold an immeasurable advantage over someone with meh magic. More to the point, unlike the Witcher, the other verses have a lot of 'you're dead' magic.

Take WHF for instance, a Dark Elf Sorceress can instantly freeze him into a statue. No magic missile. No incantation. Just 'boom, now you're a frozen statue'. Him beating this one guy who kinda sorta has magic isn't relevant.

... Uh... a level 9 fighter? Maybe?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: There are D&D characters with more concrete ability. Drizzt comes to mind. But I'm getting the sense that you're less familiar with those character's abilities.

Fair point about the Warhammer Fantasy magic users. But not all WoW magic users are equal. Could Geralt beat some of the weaker ones?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Eh, I really, really dislike Drizzts. Read some of the novels, but I do my best to purge them from my mind.

You mean weaker no name mages who may through a firebolt or something? Yea. But I'd considering beating someone like Doomhammer much more impressive... At least.. doomhammer before WoD mutilated him.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@wut said:

Warhammer Fantasy: Probably any Empire character-tier save for Karl Franz if Sigmar feels like amping him [without that amp, he should... maybe be able to take Karl but that is dependent more on the silly good gear Karl has and less on Karl's abilities as a warrior] and many of the non-chaos chosen/grail knight humans like Felix Jaeger. Might be able to take a Swordmaster of Hoeth.. but that would be about as far as I'd see him going with a lot of allowance given to Geralt.

The more.. 'average' and above named combat characters will paste him though, he doesn't want to be tangoing with Tyrion, Grimgor, Ungrim, etc.

World of Warcraft: Uh... There are a lot of characters, I imagine he does pretty well against most normal melee guys. Doesn't really want to tango with a lot of magic heavy characters unless he starts very close and given magic is very common in Warcraft, that is a fair number. If I had to pick the strongest... Probably some Orc like Doomhammer or human like Lothar.

Lord of the Rings:Almost any Third Age character. We don't really hear much about the Second Age. Geralt doesn't want to be in the First Age with people like Hurin 'hold my beer as I kill 70 trolls' Thalion.

with regards to the third age i really don't see Geralt taking characters like Gandalf, Gladriel or even Saruman really. hell i might even give Glorfindel the nod over him because of his balrog feat

also i don't see him beat a Swordsmaster of Hoeth at all... those guys were freaking monsters

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Yea, but when its 3-4 out of the entire world, I consider that 'almost any'. :P

I don't see him beating one either, but its like.. the highest I would go making a lot of allowances.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@warlockmage said:
@wut said:

Lord of the Rings:Almost any Third Age character. We don't really hear much about the Second Age. Geralt doesn't want to be in the First Age with people like Hurin 'hold my beer as I kill 70 trolls' Thalion.

with regards to the third age i really don't see Geralt taking characters like Gandalf, Gladriel or even Saruman really. hell i might even give Glorfindel the nod over him because of his balrog feat

also i don't see him beat a Swordsmaster of Hoeth at all... those guys were freaking monsters

95% sure that was a different Glorfindel, if you are reffering to the fights in the first age.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@wut: Correct. He was indeed resurrected.

Also, do you think Geralt could take Sylvanas Windrunner before her many amps? He is supposed to be arrow-timer+ in reflexes, so couldn't he dodge her arrows? Or does she have magic arrows that are faster than standard? Sorry if those sound like dumb questions but my WoW knowledge is fairly limited. That's actually part of why I did this thread: to get more info.

I know that current Sylvanas is probably too much, but what about her earlier on?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Current Sylvanas would be a stomp that would be so brutal you couldn't air it on national television. As for older Sylvanas, I think the best person that I know of on the site for old Sylvanas is @decaf_wizard

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: .... and you never mentioned me once about Sylvanas.... <_<

On topic, guy loses to a regular footman cause Geralt just sucks so bad. :)

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: You wank too much, I didn't want you to chafe. :P [Also because Decaf has talked to me before about her and has done dives in the past for feats about Sylvanas].

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: All im hearing is excuses! :)

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decaf routinely wanks Sylvanas.

The fool thinks she's an honest-to-God good match up against Lich King Arthas.

Even before her Shadowlands plot powers Blizzard has been giving her lately.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@shroudofsorrow: Current Sylvanas would be a stomp that would be so brutal you couldn't air it on national television. As for older Sylvanas, I think the best person that I know of on the site for old Sylvanas is @decaf_wizard

I know. Teleportation, intangibility, necromancy, healing factor, etc. That's why I asked about older Sylvanas.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vulkanian: You're always welcome to post feats of Sylvanas to say she wins or loses against Geralt, old, new, pre-undead, but coming here just to throw salt at another person seems almost impressively petty.

@shroudofsorrow:And the fact her arrows resembles APFSDS rounds now with the derpy stuff they do.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Armour-piercing fin-stabilized discard sabot.. or a modern tank round.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ah, OK.

Also, when you said Geralt can beat Doomhammer or Lothar, you meant the game canon versions, right? Not just the 2016 movie versions.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I was referring to the lore versions, yes, not the movie. Doomhammer doesn't actually do anything in the movie.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I thought so. I'm pretty sure Geralt could take anyone from the 2016 movie except maybe Gul'dan and Medivh in demon form, and honestly I think Geralt has a chance even then due to super-speed.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt SHOULD theoretically be a decent matchup for Old Sylvanas, who wins just depends on what gear we are using and if we can use RPG lore @wut

For example, plague bombs and arrows. Some of the weaker versions used during the Cata era (shown to be basically the equivalent of a chemical agent) that were not expressly fatal in all but the highest quantities to normal humans, only seriously detrimental. Worgen could get through it in low enough concentrations, and theoretically Geralt should be able to as well. But WOTLK Era perfected plague (thats basically non-contagious life eater virus) or the mutative stuff used in Legion-Era would probably be a huge issue for Geralt.

Her arrows were.....always quite derpy. Like, blowing up bridges and shit level derpy. She has always been depicted as a freakishly good archer, and is stated to far above either of her sisters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@rukelnikovftw: Fairly sure it was the same but he was reborn.

Ohh ok, I remembered him dying during that battle.

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vulkanian

@wut: How the hell is it being petty? He’s being quoted as a reliable source, I’m telling people that that’s just not the case.

God, people think simple confrontations is “petty” now.

And no, Geralt can’t beat Sylvanas because her plot armor is too strong. She’s also beaten beings that are way above Geralt (via plot) such as Bolvar and even put up a fight against Malfurion who can cause massive tornadoes and storms.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Her arrows might be explosive, but if they only go at the speed of normal arrows, then Geralt should be able to dodge them. Geralt is arrow-timer+ in reflexes.

Also, who do you think is the best WoW character that Geralt can beat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

@decaf_wizard: Her arrows might be explosive, but if they only go at the speed of normal arrows, then Geralt should be able to dodge them. Geralt is arrow-timer+ in reflexes.

Also, who do you think is the best WoW character that Geralt can beat?

Oh, Geralt can most certainly dodge her arrows, but thats not really how I think she might take a victory over him.

I think Wut provided some accurate answers in your higher tier warriors. Ogrim Doomhammer (although not AU Doomhammer) Garrosh Hellscream, Varok Saurfang, ect. Maybe he could get wins against some guys WC3 Thrall, Varian Wyrnn or Pre-Chaos Orc Grom but that would be an EXTREMELY uphill battles

At this point, forget Geralt beating most power relevant named characters. I don't even think he could beat a player character

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt is kinda tricky because he has taken down opponents who are waaaaay out of his league like Detlaff. It might be hard to try and forge an argument for him beating anyone on that level in another universe.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vulkanian: You didn't provide anything to the OP. You didn't provide anything to the discussion or thread. Your sole purpose was to come in and throw salt giving nothing productive, whatsoever, besides to flail around like a teenager who got dumped and is lashing out at the first chance.

(of behavior) characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, especially in a small-minded or spiteful way.

^ What you did was the very definition of petty.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Fair enough. So basically, any of the following:

• Ogrim Doomhammer
  • Lothar
  • Garrosh Hellscream
  • Varok Saurfang

And maybe/possibly:

• Old, pre-buffing Sylvanas depending on gear
  • Warcraft 3 Thrall
  • Varian Wyrnn
  • Pre-Chaos Orc Grom.

Sound about right?

What about Pre-Lich King Arthas?

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Such logic. Much wow.

1. It wasn’t irrelevant. If the guy is being treated as a reliable source to the topic, and I provide evidence that he’s not, then it’s relevant. That’s like calling it petty if I said CNN isn’t a reliable source of news.

2. Using your own logic, you arguing with me to protect your butt buddy is petty and has nothing to do with the topic.

Now run along, idiot.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vulkanian: Yes, it is logic to show the actual meaning of petty, show how you perfectly fit that meaning, and thus answer your whine about why you were being called petty.

You tagged me to ask a question, I answered your question.

Now, if you had come in and said, "Sylvanas wins cause she can do X or Y and while there are some dumb people that think she can take the lich king *cough* decaf *cough*" or the reverse, or whatever, would have been fine. But you didn't do that. You threw a tantrum like you are doing now which is rather amusing. Interesting that you were so gun-ho about confrontation cept for when you are losing it and then proceed to the 'Just leave me alone! LEAVE ME ALONE!' tactic.

Very well, Vulkanian, go back to the shadows or wherever else you are coming from until the day comes that you can throw some salt at people without actually contributing to the thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Pre-Lich King Arthas?

Yea nah. Dude could rot people to the bone with a wave of his hand. Plus he still has Frostmoune which would flat shatter any weapon Geralt so much as tried to block with. Remember what I said about how skilled Sylvanas is? Arthas completely fodderized her in a short exchange. He was so fast that she had a hard time seeing him move. Arthas's book goes more into detail on this encounter, but here is an animated version of it.

Loading Video...

People also do forget to view Arthas as a proper undead Death Knight. He was not human at that point. Dude carved out his own heart for shits and giggles and was unharmed. Like any Deathknight, he can heal any damage that isn't outright fatal to him, and well.......heart removal flat out isn't consider fatal for him. His armour also regenerates

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Ngl, I enjoyed killing her in Wc3 because the elf missions were so tedious and she kept coming out to make it more tedious and became like a symbol of those like 3-4 missions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: Ngl, I enjoyed killing her in Wc3 because the elf missions were so tedious and she kept coming out to make it more tedious and became like a symbol of those like 3-4 missions.

Yea, I mean Sylvanas only started to get actual fans starting in WoW anyhow. Nobody liked her that much in Warcraft 3

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I liked her in Frozen Throne because her missions were super fun, although thinking on it... not really sure I liked her and instead just loved the missions [Cause hijacking a bunch of neutral creeps to build an army was really fun].

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@decaf_wizard: I liked her in Frozen Throne because her missions were super fun, although thinking on it... not really sure I liked her and instead just loved the missions [Cause hijacking a bunch of neutral creeps to build an army was really fun].

I mean thats basically what the early Forsaken was lol. The idea that guys like Putricide had any affiliation to anyone but themselves was ludicrous from the get go, we just didn't know how far he specfiically was taking things. Post purges of guys like that, and when the new generation not raised by Arthas but by the Val'kyr came to power, the Forsaken were almost fanatically loyal to Sylvanas

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Fair enough. What about Pre-Death Knight/Frostmourne Arthas? That was actually more what I was thinking of; him as a human Paladin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I honestly can't remember much about pre DK Arthas. All that material is in one book. I don't rember much impressive though

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Lmao, I’m the one throwing a tantrum?

You’re the one misusing words and started slinging insults in defense of something you know nothing about.

I have literally no idea why you’re so butt hurt for someone else on the internet.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: OK. So for now, I'll assume he can probably beat Paladin Arthas, but not Death Knight or Lich King Arthas.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:Same, I don't recall much for paladin Arthas as impressive. @merulezall you have any good feats or insight into Paladin Arthas?

@vulkanian: Jesus, you still whining? You bring shame to Vulkan.