Most Powerful CBM Characters Ranked

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Revold

Most Powerful Comic Book Movie Characters Ranked. This list only include live-action movies, meaning live-action TV series and animated movies are not considered. They deserve a list on their own.

Also, I've put the characters who are worthy to be on the list based on logic and/or statements, but have yet to prove their power with feats in-between the rankings of the true list inside the spoiler blocks.

Honourable Mentions

The Ancient One

No Caption Provided

Movie: Doctor Strange

Being the previous Sorcerer Supreme, she is likely able to everything that can be done by the likes of Kaecilius, Baron Modo and current Doctor Strange, and have unimaginable amount of experience due to her near-immortality from drawing energy from the Dark Dimension. She was able to travel through space and across dimensions with relative ease.

Composite Johnny Storm

No Caption Provided

Movie: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

After Johnny Storm gained the power of all four members of the Fantastic Four, he was able to defeat armoured Doctor Doom with Silver Surfer's board on top of his original powers, making him one of the strongest characters in the series.

Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Superman

No Caption Provided

Movie: Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Superman was apparently faster than light since he was able to reverse time by just flying.

Superman (DCEU)

No Caption Provided

Movie: Justice League

Superman is able to easily defeat Justice League and Stepphenwolf whom defeated the Justice League.

Stormbreaker Thor

No Caption Provided

Movie: Avengers: Infinity War

When Thor first realised his true potential, he was already a one-man-army and can harness his lightning without the help of Mjolnir. Now with the near-unbreakable Stormbreaker, he can open up Bifrost like Odin, focus his lightning even better, and even tank a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet.

Apocalypse

No Caption Provided

Ego the Living Planet

No Caption Provided

Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Being a virtually-immortal being of the Celestial Race, he was able to survive and develop into a small planet in the harshest conditions of outer space. His attempt to conquer many planets including Earth would've made him much more powerful.

The Top 10s

Evolved

10. Doomsday

No Caption Provided

Movie: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Doomsday was able to absorb energy and any income attacks and then develop immunity for it as seen from the growing from spikes. He overpowers the Trinity including Superman, the same one that fodderised the Justice League. Now that his only weakness Kryptonite was used to stop him, can it be used to stop him again is still a mystery.

9. Dark Phoenix

No Caption Provided

Movie: X-Men Apocalypse

Jean Grey was able to defeat Apocalypse even when she first awakened Pheonix at a young age. In the other timeline she was the most powerful mutant being able to reduce all her enemies to dust instantly. Hopefully we can see her full power as the main antagonist in the next instalment of the series.

8. Zeus

No Caption Provided

Movie: Justice League

As the King of the Gods, Zeus was credited for the defeat of prime Ares and Stepphenwolf and the creation of Hippoltya.

Eternal Flame

7. Surtur

No Caption Provided

Movie: Thor: Ragnarok

When Surtur was fully revived from the Eternal Flame, he was powerful enough to fodderise even Hela and destroy Asgard with relative ease.

6.5 Odin

No Caption Provided

Movie: Thor

Being the previous king of Asgard and the mightiest of all Norse Gods, complex magic such as Mjolnir's unliftablility and Bifrost creation is just a command away for him. He was apparently more powerful than anyone in the Nine Realms since he conquered them all together with Hela in order to achieve peace.

Power Stone

6. Eson the Searcher

No Caption Provided

The Celestial that seemingly destroyed a planet surface with the power stone in a staff.

Prime

5. Parallax

No Caption Provided

Movie: Green Lantern

Parallax is a seemingly unstoppable entity that can become stronger from feeding on their fears while reducing its victims into their skeleton.

Cloud

4. Galactus

No Caption Provided

Movie: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Unlike his comic counterpart, Galactus in the movie is larger than Earth itself and can swallow it whole, which is weird when Silver Surfer seemed to be able to defeat him with one blow. The only explanation I know is that Galactus was hungry and not be in his strongest form.

Infinity Gauntlet

3. Thanos

No Caption Provided

Movie: Avengers: Infinity War

Thanos was able to beat Hulk in a one to one battle, and defeat the entire race of Asgard with just the power stone. With all six Infinity Stones, he was able to erase the existence of half the population of the universe.

2.5 Extra-galactic alien

No Caption Provided

Movie: Men in Black

In the last scene of Men in Black an unknown alien was seen putting the marble of galaxy inside a bag of galaxies, making them one of the biggest beings in CBM.

Full Body

2. Doctor Manhattan

No Caption Provided

Movie: Watchmen

Doctor Manhattan is able to manipulate matter at the molecular level. However, even he recognises that he is "just the puppet who can see the strings".

1.5 Cosmic Compass

No Caption Provided

Though not specifically shown, the four cosmic entities that forms the Cosmic Compass of the MCU are the creators of the Infinity Gems. They are supposedly one of, if not, the most powerful beings in the Multiverse.

Dark Dimension

1. Dormammu

No Caption Provided

Movie: Doctor Strange

Dormammu owns an entire dimension which is able to swallow up planets to gain power. Just a fraction of its energy is enables the Ancient One to be immortalised. Apparently, he was not able to stop the power of an Infinity Stone.

0. Stan Lee

No Caption Provided

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deltahuman

MCU Thor shouldn't be here at all. He's not even at DCEU Superman or CW Supergirl level. Even CW Flash could kill him in an instant by phasing.

Neither should here be Odin, Composite Johnny Storm, Ancient One, Dark Phoenix or Captain Marvel. If Odin is included, so should be DCEU Zeus and DCEU Prime Ares. Odin is all hype and statements. DCEU Zeus has better statements backing his abilities and Prime Ares killed him.

Dormammu should be at 1, not Thanos. Parallax is much much above Surtur.

The list is missing other significantly powerful characters like Smallville Superman, CW Reign etc. In short, I'm sorry but its a severely flawed list.

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Triplek

@deltahuman: MCU Thor and Odin must be here. DCEU zeus and Ares both combined together are below Steppenwolf, who is much weaker than dceu Superman.

Odin defeated Surtur(prime) half a million years ago. He enchanted mjonlr to be unliftable by anyone (except Thor) with ease,Conquered several civilisations, and can summon the bifrost(which can destroy planets). Thor(iw) tanked "the FULL force of a neutron star", the power gem crushed in his skull.Keep in mind the power gem destroys anyone in contact with it almost instantaneously.He moved the rigs of the Dyson sphere(atleast 100,000tons)

And atlast his newly forged weapon overpowered ALL SIX INFINITY STONES, which glowed when Thanos shot the beam at him. So yes this list is still credible but dceu supes should be here instead of the ancient one, he's too op.

Edit: and yeah parallax did seem more powerful than Surtur

Edit 2: both Thor and Superman(dceu) can kill ego.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax is getting really under and number 1 should be Dormammu

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abezethibou: Dormammu was defeated by the time stone outside of his dimension

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Revold

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

@outside_85 said:

@deltahuman said:

MCU Thor shouldn't be here at all. He's not even at DCEU Superman or CW Supergirl level. Even CW Flash could kill him in an instant by phasing.

Neither should here be Odin, Composite Johnny Storm, Ancient One, Dark Phoenix or Captain Marvel. If Odin is included, so should be DCEU Zeus and DCEU Prime Ares. Odin is all hype and statements. DCEU Zeus has better statements backing his abilities and Prime Ares killed him.

The list is missing other significantly powerful characters like Smallville Superman, CW Reign etc. In short, I'm sorry but its a severely flawed list.

Well Odin is also more of scaling as well since he has shown that he has control over Mjolnir whenever he wants to summon it, probably even better than the first movie Thor since he snatched it from his hands. Also, he defeated Hela, which is kind of headcanon/fanfiction but if you think about it nobody else in Asgard probably could do anything significant to help Odin.

Oh yea I forgot about Zeus and Ares. I'm pretty sure that Ares didn't kill Zeus though. If I may quote DCEU Wiki:

Although Ares was at his strongest, he found Zeus's power and skill to be too much for him to overcome and although Ares managed to inflict considerable injuries on his father, Zeus eventually won and not only did Ares fail to kill Zeus in combat, he also was severely wounded and banished from Olympus by his father.

So yea, I'll probably include Zeus but Ares is ehhhhh I didn't think his fight against WW is very impressive. Where do you think I should put Zeus though. Above Odin?

For Dormammu I thought he was stopped by just the time gem and Thanos has the time gem so Thanos should probably be higher. It feels like I'm taking advantage of plot or whatever but hmm that's how I see it. Unless you have better way to compare them.

Smallville and CW are TV shows which aren't CBM. I've mentioned I'm not including them in the OP but I can change if yall want.

As for MCU Thor vs DCEU Superman it is debatable? Idk what do you think.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good list.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deltahuman

@revold:

Mjolnir is an Asgardian artifact. Having control over it means nothing featwise. A human being in the MCU can command his smartphone in a way such that only he can use it by encrypting it with his fingerprint. Does that make him powerful? Odin banishing Hela or killing Surtur is also meaningless here because you don't know how he did it. He could've just tricked them in some way.

All I'm saying is, if you include Odin, just by hype and statements then DCEU Zeus has better ones. He created 4 races of beings, Humans, Amazons, Gods and Godhybrids like Diana. He can create entire islands and hide them from plain sight. He basically ended Steppenwolf's invasion in 2 casual lightning bolts. He one shotted the mother box unity that took every ounce of energy from Superman. Zeus has better combat feats than Odin just by being on-screen for 4-5 seconds. He also banished Prime Ares from Olympus, severely weakening him. And Ares indeed killed Zeus. After the fight with Ares and after banishing him, Zeus succumbed to his injuries sustained while fighting Ares. So theoretically Prime Ares is even more powerful than Zeus. He killed an entire Pantheon of Gods and didn't die when Zeus apparently hit him with his strongest lighthing bolt. The Ares you saw in WW is just a withered powerless shell of himself. That's why I didn't just mention Ares, I said Prime Ares. Odin is nothing compared to him combat feat wise. Even the weakened Ares who fought Diana in WW could kill MCU Odin easily. So could DCEU Diana and Superman. Odin along with Thor doesn't deserve to be here at all. Maybe you could include a separate section of powerful characters based on statements and hype and include Zeus and Odin there.

There are many other powerful characters you've ignored. Thor's presence and at the same time DCEU Superman's absence is utterly ridiculous. So you think Superman vs Thor is debatable and yet you didn't include Superman anywhere in your list, not even below Thor? DCEU Superman is more powerful than MCU Thor in every category, both by calculated and consistent feats and also by outlier feats.

Regarding Dormammu and Thanos, if you include the full gauntlet with Thanos and if you assume the gauntlet has universal power (which I don't because by feats he only erased half of the intelligent life of the universe which wouldn't be even 0.1 percent of the total matter/energy of the universe), then Thanos is Dormammu's peer in power, not above. Don't forget the time stone can't harm Dormammu, not even give him a single scratch. It can only bind him in a loop along with the user of the stone. Technically the user would be bound in the loop alongside Dormammu too and suffer the same fate. That's not winning. That's just going through the same fate for eternity where the user of the stone is affected too. Dormammu is an entire universe/dimension in itself. He can eat planets at will. Thanos hasn't displayed that level of power even with the full gauntlet.

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Revold

@deltahuman said:

@revold:

Mjolnir is an Asgardian artifact. Having control over it means nothing featwise. A human being in the MCU can command his smartphone in a way such that only he can use it by encrypting it with his fingerprint. Does that make him powerful? Odin banishing Hela or killing Surtur is also meaningless here because you don't know how he did it. He could've just tricked them in some way.

I don't think that's a fair analogy. If you are saying that only the guy who created and programmed the smartphone/Mjolnir is "powerful", and Odin/the smartphone user are just using its features of that device, then you are saying that the spell is a feature of Mjolnir and Odin is merely "using" it. If that's the case then it is a oddly specific feature to build into the Mjolnir. Anyways, I'm positive that Odin can cast the spell itself on anything he wants, not specifically Mjolnir, so that feat definitely belongs to Odin fair and square. Although that doesn't really reflect very well how powerful he is, point taken.

The other point I made is that Odin snatched Thor's hammer away. Since the hammer only abide by its owner's command, Odin might've have enough magic to override that. Of course you could argue that maybe Odin cheated and retained his ownership of the hammer all along. However even then, it's just a tug of Odin against Thor. I do agree that this one requires more headcanon though.

And also, I understand your concern that Odin might've tricked them or something. But Odin has gone through and suppressed all the Nine Realms. So as the number grows you realise that it gets less and less probable that every one of them gets tricked or defeated through unjustified means. Of course, not seeing the fight in action means we cannot say for sure, but there's definitely a certain level of confidence we have of how strong Odin must have been to pull through all these.

All I'm saying is, if you include Odin, just by hype and statements then DCEU Zeus has better ones.

Which I didn't disagree. You are right he did. I disagreed that Zeus was weaker than Ares though.

And Ares indeed killed Zeus. After the fight with Ares and after banishing him, Zeus succumbed to his injuries sustained while fighting Ares. So theoretically Prime Ares is even more powerful than Zeus. He killed an entire Pantheon of Gods and didn't die when Zeus apparently hit him with his strongest lighthing bolt. The Ares you saw in WW is just a withered powerless shell of himself. That's why I didn't just mention Ares, I said Prime Ares.

So you're saying that Zeus, on the verge of dying, was able to banish Ares, who wasn't on the verge of dying? That means Zeus is stronger? A less contradictory narrative can be found on the DCEU Wiki:

Knowing that Ares would recover and return to create an endless war, which would destroy both mankind and the Amazon races, Zeus chose to sacrifice himself, using the last of his powers to create the protected island paradise Themyscira for the Amazons to live in safety, hidden from the God of War and the dangers of the world and Diana would be safe until the time came for her to defeat Ares, an act of power that caused the King of the Gods to die due to his severe wounds made worse due to his overexertion of his powers.

So Ares did not injure Zeus enough to kill him. But Zeus dies from overexerting himself after banishing Ares and create the island. I wouldn't call that a kill for Ares.

Odin is nothing compared to him combat feat wise. Even the weakened Ares who fought Diana in WW could kill MCU Odin easily.

Well, you broke your own rule. We have also never seen the actual fight between Ares and the gods. So Prime Ares have as much feats as Odin has.

As for weakened Ares beats Odin, ummm do you have a reason for saying that? Or is it purely because of the lack of feats? Yes you can argue that Zeus have better feats than Odin, but Ares can't scale off Zeus for the same reason why Odin can't scale off Thor/Hela. If fact its worse because when we do use scaling, god-mode WW > weakened areas, Thor/Hela >= god-mode WW, and Odin >= Thor/Hela. So it's pretty far-fetched to say that "weakened Ares could kill MCU Odin easily".

There are many other powerful characters you've ignored. Thor's presence and at the same time DCEU Superman's absence is utterly ridiculous. So you think Superman vs Thor is debatable and yet you didn't include Superman anywhere in your list, not even below Thor? DCEU Superman is more powerful than MCU Thor in every category, both by calculated and consistent feats and also by outlier feats.

I don't disagree with you here, that's why I'm adding Superman now. Where do you think I should put him at?

Regarding Dormammu and Thanos, if you include the full gauntlet with Thanos and if you assume the gauntlet has universal power (which I don't because by feats he only erased half of the intelligent life of the universe which wouldn't be even 0.1 percent of the total matter/energy of the universe), then Thanos is Dormammu's peer in power, not above. Don't forget the time stone can't harm Dormammu, not even give him a single scratch. It can only bind him in a loop along with the user of the stone. Technically the user would be bound in the loop alongside Dormammu too. That's not winning. That's just going through the same fate for eternity where the user of the stone is affected too. Dormammu is an entire universe/dimension in itself. He can eat planets at will. Thanos hasn't displayed that level of power even with the full gauntlet.

By universal power you mean destructive capacity? No I don't. But we do know that at least his powers, namely erasing half of the universe's population, is on the universal scale because as we can tell, he didn't just erase everyone from one side of the universe, and then no one from the other. It was uniformly spread out meaning the scale of effect is indeed universal.

And also why do you say half of intelligent life? Isn't it half of all life?

I can agree with you that Time Stone didn't actually win against Dormammu. But if Dormammu has shown to be affected by just one Infinity Stone, then the rest of the Stone should be powerful enough able to affect it too, that is, even within its own dimension. Since Time Stone is just Time Stone and not Reality or Power Stone, naturally Doctor Strange wouldn't be able to defeat Dormammu the way we'd like him to do.

Of course I'm not saying you are wrong, Domammu is also very powerful being able to eat planets and all. So here's the million-dollar question: if Thanos want to go up to Dormammu and erase him with a snap of his fingers, would he be able to do it?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revold: you've got thor and galactus but you haven't got the surfer?? The same guy who killed galactus? Or apocalypse?? But you've got deadpool there??

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deltahuman

@revold:

Okay. Thank you for debating politely in the first place. I appreciate it. These days it's very hard to engage with a person with less number of posts. This place is filled with Trolls. Hopefully you're a nice guy. Coming back to addressing your points.

First of all, you don't know how Odin controlled Mjolnir or how Thor controlled it. As far as I suspect, using Mjolnir or overriding it's commands is based on advanced technology because Thor commands Mjolnir too and he's not a sorcerer. MCU Asgard uses both technology and sorcery and sorcery in the MCU or spells as explained by the Ancient One are like computer codes which are used to access energy from other dimensions. Now you think controlling an Asgardian artifact is an impressive feat for Odin. I don't know why. Odin hasn't shown the ability to control artifacts from other worlds. Do you think he can control the Iron Man suit and snatch it away from Stark? If he can't then I don't see why Odin's feat of controlling Mjolnir is impressive. The Asgardians can control and command their artifacts just like a human controlling and commanding technology from the earth like a smartphone. I also don't think Odin could control magical artifacts on Earth like say snatch the Cloak of Levitation from Dr Strange. Controlling Mjolnir or any Asgardian Artifact or Snatching away Thor's powers is an ability of Odin by virtue of his position as the Monarch of Asgard. He can't just snatch away abilities from other people like say take away Captain America's abilities. So those feats of Odin are useless in combat against beings who aren't Asgardian.

Regarding Odin's conquest of the nine realms, he didn't do it alone. He had Hela by his side, huge army of Superhuman Asgardians, powerful artifacts and what not. And the planets in the nine realms are all primitive. How hard do you think conquering prehistoric Earth would be for instance. The US Military could do it in a week. The Frost giants are all melee fighters without any significant technology or sorcery except the Casket. So are the people from Vanahiem. Most of the inhabitants of the Nine Realms were foot soldiers. Conquering them would be very easy. DCEU Superman, Fox Apocalypse or Fox Surfer for instance could solo the nine realms and they could do it alone, without any help, artifacts or army. By that logic they should be easily above Odin?

Anyway, What I'm saying is, Odin and Thor shouldn't be here at all. There are other more powerful beings you missed like Fox Silver Surfer, Fox Apocalypse etc.

Coming back to DCEU Gods, first of all, May I suggest you not to quote anything from DCEU or MCU wiki. They are not considered very reliable. Regarding the Gods, as explained by Hippolyta in the beginning of WW, Prime Ares killed all of them and there was an animated visual on screen depicting him doing that in combat. Hippolyta explained that once Ares killed all the Gods (which already is a very impressive feat by hype), Zeus faced him in combat and banished him from Olympus, depowering him. The point to note here is that Ares can kill other Gods but Zeus could only depower, not kill Ares. Subsequently, she explained that Zeus succumbed to the injuries he sustained in battle but before that he still had enough power to create an entire Island and create Diana whom he endowed with special innate abilities as a Godkiller. But Zues ultimately did die and all that was due to mainly the strain of facing Ares in battle and depleting his left over energy in creating the Island and the Godkiller. So Prime Ares should at least be equal to Zeus if not outright superior.

Again, the weakened Ares you saw in WW is not inferior to WW herself. That's not the reason he died. He died due to Diana's innate ability to absorb and amplify lightning which was granted to her by Zeus. Ares conducted the same lightning through his own body before Diana used it. Ares wouldn't have died if Zeus hadn't designed Diana to have the said ability to specifically counter Ares. In terms of the abilities they possess, even the weakened Ares is visibly superior to Diana with a large number of abilities that she doesn't possess. He was toying with her the entire duration of the fight and could've easily killed her without using lightning but He had no such intentions until the end because he himself said that he needed her. Ares knew more about Diana than Diana herself. He knew she was the Godkiller the first time he saw her and was going to kill her then. He didn't because he needed her to destroy all the humans. By virtue of feats, Ares is superior to Diana and also to MCU Odin. Seriously, Odin has no feats to suggest that he could survive even a small lightning strike. Ares has many other abilities like TP, TK, Thermokonesis, Teleportation, Invisibility, Flight, Matter Manipulation etc. Ares could easily destroy MCU Odin in combat. Odin lost his eye fighting the puny Frost Giants and that too while being supported by a huge army. Even Thor was slaughtering them left and right with a smile on his face. Like I said, Odin simply doesn't belong here. If you do wanna include him, you should do it in a special category where characters are ranked via hype and statements.

Regarding Superman and Thor, I don't have a problem even if you don't include them here. There are plenty of other characters missing. My point is, Superman is superior to characters you've included like MCU Thor, Odin, Composite Johnny Storm etc. For all we know, Superman could be more powerful than the Celestial Eson showed in GoTG. The only feat Eson has is wiping the surface of a planet but he did that with the power stone. Eson has no any other feat whatsoever and yet you've included him instead of someone like Fox Surfer. Surfer destroyed a planet buster by a planet busting attack. Eson only wiped the surface. Surfer is above MCU Celestials. So is Fox Apocalypse. Apoc vaporized an entire city in like 30 seconds. His power is really really high.

Lastly regarding Dormammu, He is an entire universe in itself. The infinity stones cannot defeat him because he has absolute control over everything in his realm because he himself is the realm. He controls all the energy in it so he should theoretically be equal to the power stone. He is all the space in his realm so he is equal to the space stone and so on. The only reason he had no control over the time stone was because time is an entirely alien concept for him. His realm has no entropy as he himself and he alone is the sole constituent of his realm and where there is no entropy, there is no time. So he didn't know what time was and had no control over it. Otherwise Dormammu would never have been beaten by Strange and Strange didn't beat him. Strange just trapped him in a loop with himself. Technically Strange lost too. And regarding Thanos, even if he erased half of All life on the universe, that still isn't 0.1 percent of the total matter-energy of the universe so calling him universal is overstating things. We saw how even doing what he did messed up the gauntlet, melted it alongwith burning his hand. So I'm pretty sure, the gauntlet cannot affect anything as substantial as the universe itself. It would probably kill Thanos and destroy the gauntlet itself. So Dormammu by virtue of that should still be superior to Thanos.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Is this guy consider a CBM character ?

TEFUKAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Lucifer Morningstar from movie Constantine ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How is MCU Thanos w/full IG n.1? He still have feats of getting 1-shotted even w/full IG lol

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Is this guy consider a CBM character ?

Oh yea I rmb this scene! And yea technically it is CBM.

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TEFUKAM said:
No Caption Provided

Lucifer Morningstar from movie Constantine ?

I know this movie but it's so old I have not watched it. Does he have any feats?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree, but this is definitely an interesting list.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman said:

I agree with the most of that.

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Revold

@deltahuman said:

@revold:

Okay. Thank you for debating politely in the first place. I appreciate it. These days it's very hard to engage with a person with less number of posts. This place is filled with Trolls. Hopefully you're a nice guy. Coming back to addressing your points.

Alright cool :)

First of all, you don't know how Odin controlled Mjolnir or how Thor controlled it. As far as I suspect, using Mjolnir or overriding it's commands is based on advanced technology because Thor commands Mjolnir too and he's not a sorcerer. MCU Asgard uses both technology and sorcery and sorcery in the MCU or spells as explained by the Ancient One are like computer codes which are used to access energy from other dimensions. Now you think controlling an Asgardian artifact is an impressive feat for Odin. I don't know why. Odin hasn't shown the ability to control artifacts from other worlds. Do you think he can control the Iron Man suit and snatch it away from Stark? If he can't then I don't see why Odin's feat of controlling Mjolnir is impressive. The Asgardians can control and command their artifacts just like a human controlling and commanding technology from the earth like a smartphone. I also don't think Odin could control magical artifacts on Earth like say snatch the Cloak of Levitation from Dr Strange. Controlling Mjolnir or any Asgardian Artifact or Snatching away Thor's powers is an ability of Odin by virtue of his position as the Monarch of Asgard. He can't just snatch away abilities from other people like say take away Captain America's abilities. So those feats of Odin are useless in combat against beings who aren't Asgardian.

I can't disagree to that. What I was trying to say is just that old Odin > Thor 1 Thor, which seemed pretty apparent to me.

Regarding Odin's conquest of the nine realms, he didn't do it alone. He had Hela by his side, huge army of Superhuman Asgardians, powerful artifacts and what not. And the planets in the nine realms are all primitive. How hard do you think conquering prehistoric Earth would be for instance. The US Military could do it in a week. The Frost giants are all melee fighters without any significant technology or sorcery except the Casket. So are the people from Vanahiem. Most of the inhabitants of the Nine Realms were foot soldiers. Conquering them would be very easy. DCEU Superman, Fox Apocalypse or Fox Surfer for instance could solo the nine realms and they could do it alone, without any help, artifacts or army. By that logic they should be easily above Odin?

Well Asgard was protecting the humans from the more powerful realms that all have some superhuman abilities, not to mention some powerful artefacts like Aether and the Winter Casket. Odin did win some fights, the notable one includes Laufey, Hela, Surtur and possibly even Malekith. We did not explicitly see the fights, but at least for Laufey we saw that it was a one-on-one on the top of the tower without Hela's help. And for Hela it's essentially a one-on-one since we saw her fodderise Asgard (including Thor which is clearly stronger than everyone else combined). We don't know how strong is Laufey, but we do know how strong is the Winter Casket. So I cannot say that Odin is definitely stronger than the above 2 (since he did lose an eye against Laufey, and unable to kill Hela for reasons), but I can say with some confidence that he is stronger than at least the weakest version of Thor from Thor 1(whom can already sink a portion of Jotunheim), and somewhat relative to Laufey with Winter Casket and Hela.

Anyway, What I'm saying is, Odin and Thor shouldn't be here at all. There are other more powerful beings you missed like Fox Silver Surfer, Fox Apocalypse etc.

Sure, I'll add them accordingly. Their feats are undeniable.

Anyway I think beings like Odin and Cosmic Compass who are supposedly very strong but lack on-screen feats should be put at least in the honourable mentions.

Coming back to DCEU Gods, first of all, May I suggest you not to quote anything from DCEU or MCU wiki. They are not considered very reliable. Regarding the Gods, as explained by Hippolyta in the beginning of WW, Prime Ares killed all of them and there was an animated visual on screen depicting him doing that in combat. Hippolyta explained that once Ares killed all the Gods (which already is a very impressive feat by hype), Zeus faced him in combat and banished him from Olympus, depowering him. The point to note here is that Ares can kill other Gods but Zeus could only depower, not kill Ares. Subsequently, she explained that Zeus succumbed to the injuries he sustained in battle but before that he still had enough power to create an entire Island and create Diana whom he endowed with special innate abilities as a Godkiller. But Zues ultimately did die and all that was due to mainly the strain of facing Ares in battle and depleting his left over energy in creating the Island and the Godkiller. So Prime Ares should at least be equal to Zeus if not outright superior.

Okay, I don't usually use DCEU wiki, but what you said doesn't make much sense. You recognise that Zeus was still powerful enough to create an entire island and Godkiller, yet you think that Ares was still stronger? As I've mentioned, we didn't really see them fight, so now its your word against DCEU Wiki's. I was simply picking which explanation is more logical and self-consistent.

1. Ares didn't wound Zeus enough to kill him. Because Ares wasn't wounded enough to die, and we know Zeus was less wounded than Ares because he was the one that won, banished Ares, and still have enough power to create an entire island and Godkiller.
  2. Even if Ares did wound Zeus enough to kill him, that doesn't mean Ares was stronger. As you have mentioned for the case of Odin, we have not seen them fight, and therefore Ares might have used some tricks. But, even with a fatal wound, Zeus was still able to banish Ares. That means that when both are at their strongest, Zeus > Ares.

So whether Ares did or did not kill him, Zeus is still stronger. Not to mention Zeus has feats of defeating Stepphenwolf, while prime Ares really has no other feats other than killing other gods, which we also have no idea how he did it. Weakened Ares' feats are not enough to compete with Zeus of course.

Again, the weakened Ares you saw in WW is not inferior to WW herself. That's not the reason he died. He died due to Diana's innate ability to absorb and amplify lightning which was granted to her by Zeus. Ares conducted the same lightning through his own body before Diana used it. Ares wouldn't have died if Zeus hadn't designed Diana to have the said ability to specifically counter Ares. In terms of the abilities they possess, even the weakened Ares is visibly superior to Diana with a large number of abilities that she doesn't possess. He was toying with her the entire duration of the fight and could've easily killed her without using lightning but He had no such intentions until the end because he himself said that he needed her. Ares knew more about Diana than Diana herself. He knew she was the Godkiller the first time he saw her and was going to kill her then. He didn't because he needed her to destroy all the humans. By virtue of feats, Ares is superior to Diana and also to MCU Odin. Seriously, Odin has no feats to suggest that he could survive even a small lightning strike. Ares has many other abilities like TP, TK, Thermokonesis, Teleportation, Invisibility, Flight, Matter Manipulation etc. Ares could easily destroy MCU Odin in combat. Odin lost his eye fighting the puny Frost Giants and that too while being supported by a huge army. Even Thor was slaughtering them left and right with a smile on his face. Like I said, Odin simply doesn't belong here. If you do wanna include him, you should do it in a special category where characters are ranked via hype and statements.

Okay, I agree that Ares has more feats than Odin. I don't want digress into Odin vs weakened Zeus using the scaling argument that I've stated above. If you think weakened Ares is relative to Thor, and if you accept scaling, then Odin vs Ares would be quite a fight. Otherwise even if Ares wins, I sincerely doubt it would be easily.

Actually you just gave me a better idea. I should put the hype people in-between the true rankings. I should be able to get this done soon.

Regarding Superman and Thor, I don't have a problem even if you don't include them here. There are plenty of other characters missing. My point is, Superman is superior to characters you've included like MCU Thor, Odin, Composite Johnny Storm etc. For all we know, Superman could be more powerful than the Celestial Eson showed in GoTG. The only feat Eson has is wiping the surface of a planet but he did that with the power stone. Eson has no any other feat whatsoever and yet you've included him instead of someone like Fox Surfer. Surfer destroyed a planet buster by a planet busting attack. Eson only wiped the surface. Surfer is above MCU Celestials. So is Fox Apocalypse. Apoc vaporized an entire city in like 30 seconds. His power is really really high.

Actually that's a fair point that I have not considered. Anyways I included the Celestial that is accounted for its power stone.

Lastly regarding Dormammu, He is an entire universe in itself. The infinity stones cannot defeat him because he has absolute control over everything in his realm because he himself is the realm. He controls all the energy in it so he should theoretically be equal to the power stone. He is all the space in his realm so he is equal to the space stone and so on. The only reason he had no control over the time stone was because time is an entirely alien concept for him. His realm has no entropy as he himself and he alone is the sole constituent of his realm and where there is no entropy, there is no time. So he didn't know what time was and had no control over it. Otherwise Dormammu would never have been beaten by Strange and Strange didn't beat him. Strange just trapped him in a loop with himself. Technically Strange lost too. And regarding Thanos, even if he erased half of All life on the universe, that still isn't 0.1 percent of the total matter-energy of the universe so calling him universal is overstating things. We saw how even doing what he did messed up the gauntlet, melted it alongwith burning his hand. So I'm pretty sure, the gauntlet cannot affect anything as substantial as the universe itself. It would probably kill Thanos and destroy the gauntlet itself. So Dormammu by virtue of that should still be superior to Thanos.

Alright point taken. I didn't disagree that Strange lost the last post, neither did I disagree that Thanos isn't universal.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deltahuman

@revold:

Glad that we came to an agreement on most of the points.

Yeah for me, Odin is always >>>> Thor no matter how powerful Thor becomes physically because Odin can always just depower him and make him a mortal with his mastery over sorcery or by the virtue of being the Allfather.

Odin didn't fight Malekith, Bor did. Regarding Odin vs Hela or Surtur, Its still not clear how he won. It still isn't clear if it was an actual fight or if Odin tricked them or something. So I'm gonna refrain from commenting or evaluating those feats here.

On the consensus in the context of DCEU Zeus vs Ares, I'd say, Zeus has better hax compared to Ares and is probably more powerful overall due to better high end feats but Prime Ares is still close to him in power and has the ability to kill Zues or other gods in combat. It wasn't explicitly explained why Zeus failed to kill Ares but succumbed to his own injuries. Maybe because he over exerted himself while creating Themyscira or Diana but then again, I can't figure out the reason why he can apparently create the Godkiller but can't kill Ares himself. Maybe DCEU Ares is empowered by violence and war and therefore feeding on that, became more powerful than Zeus over time and then fatally wounded Zues. That's the best explanation I can come up with for the time being.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GraniteVision

Dormammu>Dr.Manhattan=>Celestials>Surtur=DCEU Superman>>>>>>>mcu high tiers and bricks

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27 krisbishop  Moderator

Prime Odin would be higher than Prime Surtur.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lol at Thanos being so high.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision: Actually prime Odin should be>prime surter, and Odin is an mcu high tier

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@granitevision: Actually prime Odin should be>prime surter, and Odin is an mcu high tier

Maybe

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: No he isn't. Prime Odin has 3 on screen feats and they weren't anything impressive whatsoever.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Manhatten higher than Thanos? lol

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can get behind most of this list but Manhattan shouldn't be anywhere on it. Guy destroyed a tank and killed one normal dude. He doesnt even have vague scaling or implied feats like Odin does.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeve's Superman should be in the Top Ten

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: You mean that supposed fight that happened entirely off screen and from what we've seen from Odin in combat makes it even less believable that he could actually stand a chance against Surtur? That's what you're talking about?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvaderrocks: I’m talking about depowering Thor like taking candy from a baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: That really means nothing when you think about it more. Odin is Thor's father, the all-father, lived longer, and gave Thor his powers. It's not like he could do something like that vs any other person on this list.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xzone

@darthvaderrocks: Prove he gave Thor his powers. Prove that makes taking his powers easier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: His semen and the stuff I already mentioned.

And again, Odin taking Thor's powers mean absolutely nothing unless you're delusional enough to believe he could do that to everybody.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvaderrocks: I’m delusional? I asked you to prove something. Just because someone is someone else’s father doesn’t mean they achieved those powers from them, and that doesn’t make taking those powers easier unless you can prove it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I was just talking in general wasn't specifically calling you delusional.

Why wouldn't it? From everything we know of Odin it's just using logic that he would be able to do that.

And I also don't see how this is even relevant as one showing of power doesn't put him above anybody on this list.

And in comics that's literally how it ends up 95% of the time. You think it was just conicidence that Thor got his powers?

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's implied that Thor is already stronger than Odin and for sure has better feats than DCEU Zeus who shouldn't be here even by implication

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Manhatten higher than Thanos? lol

I can get behind most of this list but Manhattan shouldn't be anywhere on it. Guy destroyed a tank and killed one normal dude. He doesnt even have vague scaling or implied feats like Odin does.

Pretty sure he has more feats than that. If I'm not wrong, he can freely manipulate on the molecular level like instantly deconstruct a tank, alter the size of his body create a large structure on Mars and reestablished his physical manifestation from seemingly nothing but consciousness.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how no one noticed the fact that Ego was left an honorable mention behind DCEU Doomsday, Zeus, and FOX Jean.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean should be higher