• 142 results
Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

Now when I say overrated it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad movie but you just don't understand all the love and hype about the film. For me it's The Dark Knight Rises. I still don't understand how many people enjoyed it and think it's the best comic book film ever and it has a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. To me it was definitely the weakest of the Nolan trilogy and the movie itself I particularly didn't care for. It had so many plot holes, Bane was horrible, and it just lacked something..this is just my opinion film is subjective. Anyways is there any comic book movies that you think are overrated?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By slimj87d

@rebel_leader1 said:

Now when I say overrated it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad movie but you just don't understand all the love and hype about the film. For me it's The Dark Knight Rises. I still don't understand how many people enjoyed it and think it's the best comic book film ever and it has a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. To me it was definitely the weakest of the Nolan trilogy and the movie itself I particularly didn't care for. It had so many plot holes, Bane was horrible, and it just lacked something..this is just my opinion film is subjective. Anyways is there any comic book movies that you think are overrated?

I don't think the Dark Knight Rises was overrated because it actually didn't hit a home run with many comic book fans. Here is a perfect with a interview from Ralph Garman expressing his problems with it. Ralph Garman is the man that got Adam West on the hollywood walk of fame.

http://www.kevinandbeanarchive.com/audio.php?dir=audio/KROQ-%20RALPH&file=Ralph-2012-08-14-Has%20Issues%20With%20Batman-The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises.mp3

Please listen to it, it's hilarious actually.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Maybe I'm just thinking of the general movie-going audience..I'm aware that comic book fans especially Batman fans didn't like the film.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimj87d

@slimj87d: Love it lol the guy is spot on.

He's hilarious. He's only well known in the CA area. I like the movie, and enjoyed watching it, but Ralph brought up undeniably good arguments.

I know I'll love the Captain America The Winter Soldier movie, but I'm sure people will be able to point out problems within it.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

@slimj87d: I have no doubt in my mind Cap 2 will be better than TDKR

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MOS. One of the dullest and bleakest movies I have ever seen about a Superhero, only saved by its action. It was like a Micheal Bay film without all the zany action and idiotic humor.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d

@slimj87d: I have no doubt in my mind Cap 2 will be better than TDKR

My biggest problem with TDKR is that Batman was doing nothing for 8 years and just sat in his house. No one ever saw him again. The whole thing is just weird to me.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I know alot of people had problems with MOS I personally enjoyed it lol

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers

No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

I was really excited of the idea of MOS, but I tried to keep my expectations low so I can be surprised.

It was entertaining, but there are thigns that made NO F'IN sense to me!

Why was a spaceship, which landed on earth 1000s of years prior, waiting for Kal-El with a Superman suit with his family crest just waiting there for him?

Was the suite made after Jor-El took over? There's just a lot of weird things.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

The Dark Knight.

It wasn't a bad film; it was a very good film. I just don't see why people say it's the best comic film of all time (it isn't even anywhere near close to the best Batman movie).

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By longbowhunter

I honestly can't say. I watch a lot of comic book movies, but I don't pay much attention to other people's reaction to them. Unless its something particularly good like the Avengers, Iron Man or the Dark Knight.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i3io_hazard: Interesting..Avengers is my personal favorite lol

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@slimj87d: They released a prequel comic explaining that, a kryptonian ship led by Kara Zor-El crashed there a long time ago

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@slimj87d: They released a prequel comic explaining that, a kryptonian ship led by Kara Zor-El crashed there a long time ago

So by coincident a ancestor of his crashed there and the symbol of hope was coincidentally there as well?

I thought the best explanation would have been Jor-El's AI system creating the suit for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I know alot of people had problems with MOS I personally enjoyed it lol

I enjoyed the first 20 minutes with Jor El (And just the parts with Jor El in general). It gets me pumped every time, but what follows that is about as fun as watching paint dry. I also liked the fights at the end, rather, I appreciate them. This is the first time we have seen a more accurate portrayal of a Superman battle. Still, I prefer the Superman vs. Zod battle from Superman II compared to this.

The Avengers

I enjoyed the movie but I agree somewhat. It was fun but not the best imo. The thing I enjoyed the most about the film is the portrayal of the key characters. Especially how their personalities are fleshed out and are each distinctive and have something to offer.

@slimj87d said:

I was really excited of the idea of MOS, but I tried to keep my expectations low so I can be surprised.

It was entertaining, but there are thigns that made NO F'IN sense to me!

Why was a spaceship, which landed on earth 1000s of years prior, waiting for Kal-El with a Superman suit with his family crest just waiting there for him?

Was the suite made after Jor-El took over? There's just a lot of weird things.

Agreed. Too many dumb things in this movie.

The Dark Knight.

It wasn't a bad film; it was a very good film. I just don't see why people say it's the best comic film of all time (it isn't even anywhere near close to the best Batman movie).

Which is what?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@farkam said:

@thecannon said:

The Dark Knight.

Which is what?

Either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@slimj87d said:

@jphu8414 said:

So by coincident a ancestor of his crashed there and the symbol of hope was coincidentally there as well?

I thought the best explanation would have been Jor-El's AI system creating the suit for him.

Yes, his ancestor just so happens to have crashed there with her scout ship, that is the explanation, but it is most likely why Jor el chose to send kal to earth in the first place, so not a complete coincidence.

The El family crest has existed a long time, and I'm assuming it has always stood for hope.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@thecannon said:

The Dark Knight.

Which is what?

Either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises.

Disagree, but everyone has different opinions so... yeah.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@slimj87d said:

@jphu8414 said:

Yes, his ancestor just so happens to have crashed there with her scout ship, that is the explanation, but it is most likely why Jor el chose to send kal to earth in the first place, so not a complete coincidence.

The El family crest has existed a long time, and I'm assuming it has always stood for hope.

See, this wasn't explained in the movie, and even if it was, it would cause more confusion. The confusion being there is the problem.

The best plot would have been the Jor-El AI taking over the ship and making the suit for him.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The Avengers.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Even though I love the film I have to say The Dark Knight is the one I find most people overrate.

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The avengers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup I personally think avengers was terrible at no point did it seems they were in trouble the villain was not a team worthy. Villain and the chitirai where plain lame only thing that saved it was some acting performances

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Avengers. I definitely liked it, but it wasn't amazing.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers was so much better than TDKR

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger essentially carried the whole film.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

MOS. One of the dullest and bleakest movies I have ever seen about a Superhero, only saved by its action. It was like a Micheal Bay film without all the zany action and idiotic humor.

Well to be fair, i don't think it's considered overrated.. I'm pretty sure the general consensus was exactly what you said.. Entertaining Action. Lackluster story and acting. I'm not really even a Supes fan so i made a point to read many reviews before i went to see it and majority of them said this.

Personally i can't think of any overrated Superhero movies... They all had things i did and didn't like but seemed to be rated appropriately IMO.

oh wait...

"X-men: Last Stand" Blew.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say MoS, but its only over rated by a few... Probably the same few that didn't like Avengers ;)

Umm... I've liked pretty much all the super hero films, they have a different set of goal posts and can't be compared to serious movies, they all outshine other action films of the last few years. Red, expendables, die hard 12, etc

Umm if I had to... Kick ass 2, not as good as the comic and generally a let down, I didn't get the good reviews, though there were not many... So calling it over rated is probably a bit unfair

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DylanOfEarth2

The Dark Knight, easily

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Bierschneeman

El Muerto is SOOOO MUCH worse than people say it is (and they typically say it sucks)

Barbarella WAAAAAYYY overrated,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Well to be fair, i don't think it's considered overrated.. I'm pretty sure the general consensus was exactly what you said.. Entertaining Action. Lackluster story and acting. I'm not really even a Supes fan so i made a point to read many reviews before i went to see it and majority of them said this.

Personally i can't think of any overrated Superhero movies... They all had things i did and didn't like but seemed to be rated appropriately IMO.

oh wait...

"X-men: Last Stand" Blew.

Last Stand got mixed to negative reviews, so I wouldn't call that overrated either.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Whirlwind_33

X-men: First Class. and The Avengers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers by far. Saw it three times in theaters, but it's because it was an awesome popcorn flick. But that's all it was. I never saw it all the way through even once after the third time in theaters.

@slimj87d said:

@jphu8414 said:

@slimj87d said:

@jphu8414 said:

See, this wasn't explained in the movie, and even if it was, it would cause more confusion. The confusion being there is the problem.

The best plot would have been the Jor-El AI taking over the ship and making the suit for him.

MOS wasn't perfect, but this is what's causing confusion for you? Really?

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MOS

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sears of Steel

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight.

And I liked Avengers more two years ago than now.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Oh, I've expounded on this before, but my vote will probably always go The Avengers. My main sticking point being the lackluster villain(s), and why I will always like MOS so much more, despite it's flaws. We all know the good guy wins..it's what super-heroes ultimately do, they win. But I at least like to feel, if only briefly, that the villain is an actual threat. In The Avengers, Loki wasn't. Not for me anyhow. The Avengers had more problems with each other than with Loki. His "army" was a joke. (Shades of Stormtroopers) In the end, he was such a non-threat, his defeat was comic-fodder. Faora, by herself, was more of a threat, much less if you throw in Zod. It's like "Wow, villains that act..you know..villainous!" Actual stakes in play! Now, I guess technically, you could say the stakes were high in The Avengers, but they did such a poor job of making anyone I know feel that way. Even people who liked the film describe it as "fun". That's all good and well, but hardly grounds to call it great. In fact, out of Marvel movies, both Marvel Studios and ones made by Fox, I'd rate The Avengers about 7th or 8th.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

The Dark Knight Rises. I would have said Man of Steel, but the comic book community (and even the movie industry) is totally split on it. So it is not a majority, and can't be overrated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

The Dark Knight.

And I liked Avengers more two years ago than now.

Same here. The hype was strong at that time.

@jaken7 said:

Sears of Steel

IHOP of Steel.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I would go with Dark Knight Rises, it was one of the few Nolan films that I felt was half-assed. I think that as time goes on, it's reputation will go down a bit....

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

The Avengers. It's the prime example for the law of diminishing returns. The story isn't that deep, the jokes lose their comedic value, it's largely mindless action. I need more substance.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JakeN7

@farkam: Nokia of Steel.

Did you know that MoS featured $160,000,000 worth of product placement? 94 companies total! That's more than every film in history.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Now when I say overrated it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad movie but you just don't understand all the love and hype about the film. For me it's The Dark Knight Rises. I still don't understand how many people enjoyed it and think it's the best comic book film ever and it has a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. To me it was definitely the weakest of the Nolan trilogy and the movie itself I particularly didn't care for. It had so many plot holes, Bane was horrible, and it just lacked something..this is just my opinion film is subjective.

I agree. Once again they turned Batman into a henchman (at least he wasn't a mindless henchman, like in Batman in Robin). And I extremely disliked the ending.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolverine008

I really don't know why most of the posts here calling Avengers the most overrated have their whole argument revolving around the basis of the film being "fun". What's wrong with a comic book movie being fun? I read comics because it feels great to immerse myself in a fun world of superheroes. I'm not in a contest of trying to find a comic with whom broods the most. I rather have a fun comic book movie like Avengers that stays true to its characters and source material than a movie like Man of Steel that gives us the brooding and gloom that we all want along with going against its source material and meaning behind its title character in a superficial attempt to be deep and thought provoking. You guys can keep that for yourselves. I'll continue enjoying my fun movies.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Sears of Steel

That steel though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShenKuei

Batman Begins for me.

I just didn't like it much. It was very flawed IMO. Dark Knight was far better for me. DKR was also better although DKR isn't that great either.