Most Live Action Superhero TV shows are bad, change my mind.

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trapezoid

This includes any and every CW tv show with the exception of smallvile. This includes all Netflix marvel tv shows except Daredevil. These mediocre tv shows all share bad writing, choreography, numerous plot holes, and then the infamous characters who manage to sleep with just about everyone in the show ( cough, cough, Arrow)

Good superhero tv shows are 1st seasons of arrow, the flash, jj, the punisher. However after that first season they get progressively worst. Kinda exactly like The Strain.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Mostly true, but couldn't that observation be said of all TV? Crime shows, soap operas, courtroom and legal shows, reality TV, sitcoms, etc...the vast majority are crap, but a few rise to the top and we celebrate them.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You’re pretty much right. Daredevil and Punisher are really the only shows that I think are genuinely great shows.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Paytience

Agents of Shield is awesome bruh. Punisher and JJ season 1 as well. DD season 2.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agents of Shield is awesome bruh. Punisher and JJ season 1 as well. DD season 2.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True. I agree.

Legion is pretty good, though, it isn't very superhero-y.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whos gonna dispute that lol

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@paytience said:

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty accurate. Although Daredevil S1, JJ S1, and The Flash S1 were pretty good.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed on the CW shows, but i liked most Netflix Marvel shows, Legion S1 and AoS.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Legion S1 and S2, AOS, Punisher, JJ S1, Daredevil S1/3, are all great shows that don't fall into this pitfall. Flash S1 was good only because it was the most self contained and had one of the best LA villains of all time.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, The Punisher, Legion, and the first season of Jessica Jones I'd argue are objectively high quality/well written television.

The CW shows, Runaways, and some of the Netflix stuff are an acquired taste though. But a few of them like Flash Season 1, Arrow Season 2, etc do reach greatness.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AchievedHero

All CW shows are trash. As for Netflix, i think these heroes are very unique. They're grounded and aren't any perfect. Which makes them really good. Daredevil is the only consistently good Netflix show. All other shows are good then start falling off. I don't think Netflix shows are trash but they're mediocre besides Daredevil. AOS might have started of slow but now it is good. I'm not getting into CW. It's teen drama bullshit. It's the same thing every season. The fact that Daredevil got cancelled and not the CW shows is dumb.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are few exceptions

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krisbishop  Moderator

You're kinda right, most are pretty bad.

Daredevil is good. Titans is good. Constantine is good. I've just started on Punisher and Jessica Jones so that's awaiting judgment but they look to be good so far.

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gateofbabylon: here’s where we disagree, I’ve seen two episodes of titans. Tbh it’s poorly done and sub par writing. For me personally, if I can’t take the characters seriously as their comic book counterparts, all immersion into the tv show is lost.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@trapezoid: it's definitely not amazing, I'll give you that. Some episodes later on are bad too. But overall I think Robin carries the show well and the action is fantastic. Still makes the show a positive for me.

Lord_Doom159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW is painful to watch. You know I much rather a serious adult type of show rather than this Cringe fast

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@trapezoid:

Why should I waste my time and energy trying to change tour mind? My perspective isnt yours and never will be. I never sit down to watch a TV show or go to a movie with expectations. I avoid all reviews before seeing things so that it doesnt set an expectation for me.

I watch everything that way and find that in doing so I always find some level of enjoyment. There are some times that I'm blown away and so thoroughly enjoy a movie or a show that I wonder why I didnt see more hype before hand and then actively seek out every review I can after ( Thor Ragnorok, Aquaman and Black Panther were like that for movies and the new pilot of Doom Patrol fromntje weekend was too). Tonight for example I've watched 6 youtune reviews of Doom Patrol and read about a dozen others on line. Not surprisingly they've all pretty much raved over the pilot. Now I of course have the issue that the pilot has set a level of expectation for me for the show that I really doubt they can deliver on for an entire season (let alone more). I so hope I'm wrong.

AOS was pretty damn good for the first few seasons.

So was agent Peggy Carter

I also really enjoyed Black Lightning and Inhumans.

Daredevil is still a must see for me

And as goofy as it is I like DC Legends for the corn ball nature of it.

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: change my mind is a saying bro ???, but on topic quality tv is hard to come by in terms of a intriguing plot, good pacing, violence/gore, and lastly a low amount of plot holes. I lose full immersion of a tv show when the main characters who are trying to kill a villain will knock them down or injure the villain then runaway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't really change as rarely any shows hold good beyond first/couple season.

As soon as they drop a never seen before type stunt, pis starts happening frequently and shows starts to degrade.