Most impressive Team busting showing

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Team busters, once a title that could only be achieved by actually team busting. Now a days that title is given given to anyone that would be considered above Heralds like Silver Surfer. I was recently comic book teambusters in comparison in Acacia and I wanted to see what are some of the most impressive team busting instance in comics.

Examples for what I'm looking for :

JLA/JSA Virtue and Vice: Despero taking on members of the both the JSA and JLA simultaneously and physically manhandling them on his own. This included Shazam, Wonder Woman, Superman, Powergirl etc.

JLA #86: Fernus stomping the entire Justice League on the moon base. Using his vast array of abilities. The JLA line at the time had John Stewart, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash.(Scans in reverse)

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Anything done by Thanos.

/thread

Edit: But anyways, DC has new character called Damage, and he has solo'd a team. :D

Suicide Squad #35,- Damage brutally fodderizes the Task Force X, the team had members like Giganta, Parasite, Solomon Grundy and traditional co. (Harley and etc...), - https://imgur.com/a/4cEt8

In Damage #2, where we are shown another view and continuation of his fight against Suicide Squad, the result was still the same, - he overloads Parasite, easily overpowers Giganta and makes giant holes in her arms, fodderizes Solomon Grundy and co.., and the issue ends with them being defeated and Wonder Woman coming to help, but not yet fighting him, - https://imgur.com/a/nhFW1

Also he is implied as JL buster level, so cool i guess.

No Caption Provided

For more info look here, - https://comicvine.gamespot.com/damage/4005-140780/forums/the-official-damage-discussion-thread-the-legend-o-1931182/ (shameless self promotion, i know :D)

Also Despero beat weakened JLA, Superman was near chargless really and co. were in similar situation, hardly a decent busting feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean Thanos casually stomping the Annihilators for a work out was pretty good as well as a lot of Magneto vs X-Men fights

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@lord_spectrum:

Anything done by Thanos.

Well what would you say is his best team busting instance.

Edit: But anyways, DC has new character called Damage, and he has solo'd a team. :D

I have actually been reading his solo comic. Seems like an interesting character though he is only useful for an hour.

Also Despero beat weakened JLA, Superman was near chargless really and co. were in similar situation, hardly a decent busting feat.

It was more of an example of what I was looking for. Neither of the feats I posted are impressive for team busting.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6 higherpower  Moderator

Gog taking on Kingdom Come JSA and JLA at the same time. Basically what Despero did but better.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gog taking on Kingdom Come JSA and JLA at the same time. Basically what Despero did but better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not nearly as impressive, but Magus stomping the GOTG has always been a really cool thing to see.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanite taking on the Pre-Crisis JLA and JSA is waaay more impressive.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Was hoping for scans or atleast citations

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

Was hoping for scans or atleast citations

Justice Society of America (2007) #15

No Caption Provided

Scan rule binds me.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CW Arrow stomping his multiversal recruits

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@emperorthanos: Do you want feats where someone stomps team powerful enough to put the buster above Silver Surfer's level, or do you just want teambusting feats? Because street levelers have Teambusting feats themselves. I'll assume it's the former, although some would still be a stretch. Here's the one from JSA Vol. #3, where Mordru stomps the JSA.

In Justice League of America Vol. 1 #97, Starbreaker stomps three most powerful members of the JLA team. The comic is from Pre-Crisis era but it is actually canon by the way because the entire Justice League of America Vol. 2 #29 is a flashback sequence of these events.

I don't know if this counts since he faced only two opponents, but here is Lord Mar-Vell ragdolling Nova Prime and Silver Surfer in Thanos Imperative #4 (technically Norrin wasn't ragdolled, but one blast was enough to one-shot his board and knock him out for few seconds).

This doesn't put you on Silver Surfer's level, even less above him, but Savitar stomped the entire Flash Family with a single blitz while fighting Wally West (the team is composed of two characters that are as fast as Superman, and two characters that are well above him in speed, although Savitar attacked Bart afterwards) in Flash Vol. 2 #111.

Here's Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) shitting on the Justice League in Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special

I'm pretty sure I can find way more than just these. Also if I posted some instances that are not the type of "team-busting" showings you are asking for, let me know.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@krleavenger: I want above silver surfer.

Essentially I want to see the most powerful combinations of heros that have been busted. Like teamm full of Superman Level character or even a team full of surfer level characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know which is the best but here are some cool TB showings:

DP Tyrant destroying the Heralds was pretty cool.

Beerus casually stomping the Z Fighters.

Starbreaker fighting the JLA.

Michael Korvac vs The Avengers in the Korvac Saga.

Anilaza holding back Two SSB, Golden Frieza, 17 and Gohan.

Some of the characters could be considered Skyfather though.

Can't post scans right now, but i'll post them later.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@emperorthanos: The only one that fits that description so far is the one with Starbreaker and Mordru (maybe). As for the ones I didn't post, God_Vulcan's showing with Gog works as well. And here's the one from Superman: Doomsday Wars #1

Obviously I skipped a lot of scans. Personally, I think this showing is weird. But it is still there so...

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@god_vulcan: Gog seems like he would be fun to debate with. Is his story/arc any good?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy Prime.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

@god_vulcan: Gog seems like he would be fun to debate with. Is his story/arc any good?

Yeah he's OP, so fun to debate with. I was actually planning on using him in the next edition of your high tier PYP until I remembered you restricted time manip which is his main gimmick.

I enjoyed his stories quite a bit (though I'm not done reading all his appearances) and he's pretty interesting overall.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@emperorthanos: Depowered tyrant destroying heralds twice

Doomsday wars DD taking out JL

Hulk soloing X-Men in wwhulk

Thor solos infinity watch with power gem

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: You can use only feats from The Kingdom (the one where he kills Supermen across the timestream). He didn't show time manipulation there but would still be a 10.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@shirso: You really think Gog w/o time manip is on the level of Tyrant and Classic Fate?

Edit: After revisiting the thread and seeing some of the 9 pointers, I guess he'd have to be a 10. It's not very balanced though.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well what would you say is his best team busting instance.

My personal favorite was the one with Annihilators really.

I have actually been reading his solo comic. Seems like an interesting character though he is only useful for an hour.

Yeah, seems interesting to me too, it is basically what if Steve Rogers became Hulk and not Cap America really.

There are rather few characters from "Dark Matter" line of comics that seem compelling really.

It was more of an example of what I was looking for. Neither of the feats I posted are impressive for team busting.

I see, but come on man, he overloaded Parasite, fodderized Grundy (dunno how powerful he is currently, but he was always a powerful type one -https://imgur.com/a/s4gwu ) and Giganta (a Wonder Woman villain), seems cool enough IMO, but fair enough on impressivness part i guess.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Raven when in demon form has a habit of running her friends into the ground using only her head:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have the scans offhand, but I liked where Zoom took out the Justice league, punched spammed and KOed superman and all, and spend like zero effort at all during smackdown of the JL members. If he ever actually wanted to kill all the heroes rather than 'make them better', boy, I am still unsure what the JLA would have done.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

One of my favourite team busting showings is Amazo wrecking the Justice League in Justice League of America #23-24. He wrecked Superman and Wally West in a couple of seconds, systematically eliminated the League and the only threat to him was Vixen's power absorption abilities at the time of this story. The entire fight is nearly 2 issues long so obviously I won't post the full battle but one of my favourite pages is this one of Amazo holding a beaten Wally West with Wally realising that Amazo will slaughter the League unless he takes away his Speed Force connection.

No Caption Provided

If Wally hadn't stolen Amazo's speed, he would have beaten the League even easier than he did.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By totu

@outside_85 said:

Raven when in demon form has a habit of running her friends into the ground using only her head:

No Caption Provided

And moments before that she had taken down at once all her brothers (another team of six), who on top of their own already great powers had taken from Trigon enough power to destroy the universe

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4993030-raven+one+shots+family.jpg

Same Raven (not even evil and full out this time) had put the Justice League in time stasis while simultaneously she was mind controlling her Titans team by showing them an illusion in their minds

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111309488/5647586-7211377197-49534.jpg

Ironically it was Trigon who kinda saved the Justice League (for his own devious purpose), take them out of time stasis and teleporting them to meet the Titans again, without the JL have any idea how they get there

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Batman defeating the Joker venom infected Justice League.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Fernus soloing the JLA 3 times back to back

Nothing tops that

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus stomping JL was basically all TP.

Greko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Greko

I am too lazy to look for scans by Tyrant pretty much 1-2 shot a bunch of high tier/herald level characters.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World War Hulk against multiple teams.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam in WW3.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Acacia vs everyone

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like every major Dragon Ball villain qualifies as a "team buster", as it's usually been 1 villain vs the entire cast.

• Frieza vs Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, and to an extent Goku.
  • Cell vs... quite literally everyone, he just spawned his own mini-me's in because they weren't worth his time.
  • Broly sh*t on everyone he fought until PIS kicked in.
  • Beerus, while not a villain, took out the entire cast.
Millanine20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Millanine20

Smasher Amped by A.I.M to become there Messenger easily beats Hyperion(13034) and then Blitz Thor and Captain Marvel and Throws them off of A.I.M Island.

Avengers World #6

Hope this Qualifies as Team Busting.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

King Hyperion in the Exiles run was pretty impressive IMO

No Caption Provided

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheWatcherKing

I guess the time that Tyrant easily beaten Silver Surfer,Gladiator,Beta Ray Bill,Jack of Hearts, and Spinster back in Silver Surfer issue #82.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Secret Wars II #7 - Ben Grimm/The Thing beats a team that consists of

• Dr. Doom
  • Ultron
  • Abomination
  • Absorbing Man
  • Gravition
  • Baron Mordo
  • Kang
  • Living Laser
  • Electro
  • Wrecker
  • Titania
  • Blastaar
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Rhino
  • Vanisher
  • Emma Frost
  • Kraven
  • Silver Samurai
  • Vulture
  • Hobgoblin
  • Wizard
  • Anaconda
  • Batroc
  • Crimson Dynamo
  • Diablo
  • Mole Man
  • Ringmaster

And after being weakened after taking them all and Mephisto nullifying their contract, still manages to take on Juggernaut and WINS.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Bump

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

1. In Underworld Unleashed #3 Neron stomped the JLA, the roster of which at the time had 3 herald tiers (Kyle Rayner, Alan Scott, Martian Manhunter) and numerous high tier heavy hitters like Wonder Woman, Wally West, Shazam, Firestorm and Captain Atom.

Underworld Unleashed #3

No Caption Provided

2. This is a pretty popular feat so I'm surprised it hasn't been posted, but Gorr stomping Young Thor, Worthy Thor and Old King Thor when they tried to intercept him on the slave planet (where he was constructing the Godbomb) definitely deserves a mention. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

3. Krona stomped dozens (possibly hundreds) of Lanterns on Oa with his bare hands in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps while working for of Nekron.

Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #2

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

4. This was mentioned but hasn't been posted. I think Acacia steamrolling endgame Toriko characters after eating NEO is one of the best transcendent tier teambusting showings period. He fodderized the Eight Kings, several of whom are herald tier (planet level and FTL) and the ones without physical stats on that level by feats have considerable hax (that Acacia combated even before consuming GOD). He also fought Toriko, Midora, Starjun, PAIR, Brunch, Zebra, Sunny, and Coco and managed to gain the upper ground. The full battle lasted around 15 chapters, so I'll just link an excerpt that I'm fond of.

https://imgur.com/a/7QHZR9M

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most clear cut one I can think of is tyrant stomping a team full of herald tiers