Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect Goro!

No Caption Provided

"Eventually even the Shaolin produce a warrior worthy of Shokan.."

Strenght:

"..None who fought him have reported any weaknesses. In fact, none who have opposed him have survived!"

• Rips an Osh'tekk aparat, to dismember somebody in such way in real life people used four horses and sometimes even they failed to do that so smoothly:

No Caption Provided
  • Overpowers Kotal K'etz and smash his head, even a young skinny Osh'tekk is capable of crushing skulls with ease:

No Caption Provided

• His stomp creates a small shockwave, also crush K'etz skull along with the rock beneath:
No Caption Provided
  • Overpowers Kotal Khan who could lift two adults with one hand (400-500 lbs) and effortlessly smash human or shokan skull. The latter is especially impressive since, based on what we have seen from Goro, Shokan are incredibly durable:
No Caption Provided
  • Sends a men flying with his kick and finish him off with a stomp that leaves a small crater:
No Caption Provided
  • Needs verifying; creates a tremor by punching earth, he uses such move in the game but it wasn't showcased in the comic so far:
No Caption Provided

Rips men apart with ease.

No Caption Provided

Durability:

"..A 2000 year old half-human dragon, Goro remains undefeated for the past 500 years..."

Goro tanks an attack from Wrath Hammer. Few important things here:

• Kotal K'etz is arguably one tonner himself.
  • Wrath enhances striking strenght.
  • The attack left huge crater and created a shockwave upon impact.
  • Mileena, a far far less physically imposing person could smash Reiko's head with it.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Speed and Agility:

"...Goro possesses both massive strength and great agility..."

• Goro shoots a fireball and instantly follows up with a leap before Kotal K'etz can react:
No Caption Provided
  • Goro kicks a red dragon soldier and stomp on him before the latter hit the ground:
No Caption Provided

Energy Projection:

"..Prince Goro has brought much honor to the Shokan race by serving Shao Kahn. His bloody achievements include crushed rebellions and conquered provinces.."

• As seen above Goro can shoot a powerful fireball:
No Caption Provided
  • Said projectile could quickly put down Kotal Khan and create a considerable explosion:
No Caption Provided

Notable Victories:

"..During the past 500 years, he has been celebrated for winning the last nine Mortal Kombat tournaments for Outworld..."

VS GREAT KUNG LAO:

Goro was undeafeated champio for over 500 years, he bested The Great Kung Lao who could outmatch even Shang Tsung:

No Caption Provided

VS LIU KANG:

Goro nearly bested Liu Kang, a living legend of the Mortal Kombat universe. Liu doesn't deny and even accuse him of cheating:

"..I nearly bested you.."

VS SCORPION:

Goro defeated Scorpion, person capable of killing entire Special Forces squad in seconds, punching through opponent head and teleporting:

"..We meet again..and I will crush you again.."

VS KENSHI:

Armless Goro defeated Kenshi off-panel. An ambush or surprise attack wasn't possible since the latter could sense/hear people around him and Shokan code forbit trickery:

No Caption Provided

It's worth noting that Kenshi could read an opponent mind and in the past reacted to barrage of arrow after they were fired, a feat accomplished while exhausted.

Fatalities

"..FINISH HIM.."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Updated 2017- 04- 28

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by WastelandMan (8800 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done RT.

#3 Posted by emperorthanos- (16398 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice respect thread. I see you are sticking to the new timeline only.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Thank you!

Yes, I use some old bio entries but other than that I stick with New Timeline.

#5 Posted by emperorthanos- (16398 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@emperorthanos: Thank you!

Yes, I use some old bio entries but other than that I stick with New Timeline.

I see you mainly stuck to the MKX comic. I know he doesn't have much in MKX. But are there any feats for him in MK9?

Moderator Online
#6 Edited by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: Not really.

MK X did far better job with exploring story and characters,plus Netherrealm seemingly realized that Goro is one the most iconic fighters.

#7 Posted by Xerolot (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice rt but I see that he lacks reflexes and combat speed feats

#8 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot: He beat Scorpion and Kenshi, both are arrow timers or even above.

Nuff said.

#9 Posted by Xerolot (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Well he can compete with arrow timers. But I bet he didn't beat them due to his speed and reflexes

#10 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot: Beating and tagging people who are arrow timers and more is still a feat. Plus comic Scorpion tend to abuse his abilities, that include teleportation. It's not a direct showing but he still need to move fast in order to land a hit and those people reacted to arrows after they were already fired and more, he simply has to move at certain speed or else they would dance around him.

Also he was noted to be surprisingly agile, strenght alone would't grant him his status of a legend, literally any Shokan could bring physical strenght to the table but the thing is that Goro has much more.

#11 Posted by seastone98 (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Kewl i love MK tbh i feel its sometimes underrated i feel dey r high street 2 low mid tier imo

#12 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by seastone98 (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: yup im actually gonna make a goro vs luke cage match

#14 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by seastone98 (4669 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by seastone98 (4669 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by foxerdes (10172 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by seastone98 (4669 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by arctika (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

MK is definitely underrated on this site lol bigtime they'd pretty much murder every other FG Universe easily and can easily compete with comic, anime characters etc given what they can do.