More DCEU bias.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

DCEU fans have been nitpicking this scene.

Pretty clear Spider-Man is outpacing electricity here, nitpicks include stuff like..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think it’s pretty clear that Spider-Man outpaced electricity in that scene (intent wise and just visually) and he outpaced electricity like 10+ more times during the final fight.

——

Imagine if we nitpicked the DCEU like that.

No Caption Provided

You can see sparks fall (due to gravity) behind flash.. if you watch the fight you can see sparks fall due to gravity during that whole scene.. do you think any DCEU guys will accept that sub gravity speed was the intent of this scene? No ofc not, that kinda nitpicky lowball is only reserved for marvel movies in their eyes.

IDK guys, I just feel like maybe we can do better than refusing to accept onscreen feats (like Spider-Man outpacing electricity repeatedly in his movie or Flash being faster than the speed of sparks falling due to gravity).. like why not just accept it and move on, clear bias IMO.

—-

What do you think?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

Jesus that's actually a great speed feat. Not only did he dodge Electro's attack but he saved the people from getting electrocuted aswell.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unaccaptable! I agree 100% with the OP, and he has my upvote.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DammeFavour

Coming from the spiderman is stronger than wonder woman because tank guy.

But yeah, it's legit. Still doesn't help him beat flash though

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Coming from the spiderman is stronger than wonder woman because tank guy

Does she have a better non scaling feat?

Can we agree thats her best non scaling lift?

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DammeFavour

@death4bunnies: but somehow doesn't apply to thanos.

And yea its her best non scaling strength feat

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@DammeFavour said:

@death4bunnies: but somehow doesn't apply to thanos.

And yea its her best non scaling strength feat

Fair enough.. I’d just say that Spiderman has better stand alone feats than her.. and IMO better scaling because he did his scaling feats without a magic sword (CW Giantman, Thanos, and Cull).

I think both scaling and standalone can and should be considered.. my problem is when scaling is used for one character but dismissed for another.

Is that unfair of me?

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difference is that the sparks were caused by Barry's lightining

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@baalhaddad:

They are falling due to gravity… they spark up then arch down and fall…during the whole fight.

I think it’s just a backround cgi inconsistency personally, I think the intent of both scenes is pretty clear.

LogicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad:

They are falling due to gravity… they spark up then arch down and fall…during the whole fight.

I think it’s just a backround cgi inconsistency personally, I think the intent of both scenes is pretty clear.

Why is nothing else falling due to gravity though? the whole time they're fighting Aquaman, cyborg and WW are just floating as if time is stopped, same with debris, rubble, rocks, stones, bricks, everything frozen...except for Supes, Flash, his lightning and sparks....hmmm

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies said:

@baalhaddad:

Why is nothing else falling due to gravity though? the whole time they're fighting Aquaman, cyborg and WW are just floating as if time is stopped, same with debris, rubble, rocks, stones, bricks, everything frozen...except for Supes, Flash, his lightning and sparks....hmmm

Simple CGI inconsistency like I said.. just a background thing clearly not something any casual viewer would notice or care about.

Same with the Spiderman feat.. I think outside the nitpicking the intent of both scenes is clear, and focusing on background stuff seems nitpicky and against the intent of the scene for both feats.

Fair?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a point to this?

LogicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This.

People constantly feel the need to pit MCU vs DCEU on here

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan said:
@christianrapper said:

This.

There is no MCU on this thread.

The point is to bring a bit of fairness to our debates.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@christianrapper said:

This.

There is no MCU on this thread.

The point is to bring a bit of fairness to our debates.

Yet you chose to target "DCEU fans" because a select few had an opinion that went against TASM.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

How did I target anyone, I left names out.. and was just pointing out a inconsistency in logic applied… explaining that nitpicking backround cgi inconsistencies instead of looking at the clear focus and intent of the scenes can go both ways (and we shouldn’t do it.. both sides)..this can be applied across verses… I’ve been fairly polite in pointing out what I think is some inconstancy in logic ..and even came to a understanding with a DCEU guy on this thread.

Seems productive with the goal of fairness in debates.

What exactly is the issue?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did I target anyone, I left names out.. and was just pointing out a inconsistency in logic applied… explaining that nitpicking backround cgi inconsistencies instead of looking at the clear focus and intent of the scenes can go both ways (and we shouldn’t do it.. both sides).. I’ve been fairly polite in pointing out what I think is some inconstancy in logic ..and even came to a understanding with a DCEU guy on this thread.

Seems productive with the goal of fairness in debates.

What exactly is the issue?

"Imagine if we nitpicked the DCEU like that."

Why even make that statement? Why even mention the DCEU fans?

You also do explicitly mention Marvel when you say: "that kinda nitpicky lowball is only reserved for marvel movies in their eyes."

It's just perpetuating the ongoing battle between MCU and DCEU fans. Not necessary. You could have analyzed this feat without any mention of the DCEU.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan:

Again, MCU isn’t in this thread.

And I showed the comparison to show that nitpicking inconsistent CGI in the backround like that can be done to other verses.. and that no casual viewer of these movies is gonna notice these backround CG mistakes… that focusing on that instead of the clear focus and intent of the scene is bad both ways… both ways.

I could of analyzed the feat sure… but that’s not what I’m doing, I’m pointing out a logical inconsistency…. ignoring the focus and intent of a scene to lowball with a backround thing is silly.. thus I needed a comparison… all in pursuit of fairer debates.. you can see above where a DCEU guy and I came to a understanding.. is that not progress?

——

What do you think? Do you think the sparks falling or the people slightly moving (both in the backround and not the focus of the scene) are more relevant than the clear focus and intent of these scenes?

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Baalhaddad

Imagine comparing falling sparks which were falling due to Flash's lightning to actual people who are actual actors moving around and saying that the comparison is the same, lmfao

"You can't make this shit up"

~Kevin Samuels

Also as geekryan said this isn't a type of debating onky used by DCEU fans but also MCU aswell but the OP only goes with DCEU bias

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@baalhaddad:

Both are clearly backround CG mistakes.. and flashes lightning makes sparks burst out, then arch and fall down? It’s a simple CG inconsistency, nothing more.

Yup both sides do it, like I acknowledged repeatedly..and neither side should… pretty clear what the focus and intent of the scenes are, the way we all nitpick these scenes and ignore focus and intent seems bad.

Also this thread has no MCU in it.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coming from the spiderman is stronger than wonder woman because tank guy.

But yeah, it's legit. Still doesn't help him beat flash though

Spider-Man has feats in the hundreds of tons range, WW's best feat is throwing a little tank.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Baalhaddad
@death4bunnies said:

@baalhaddad:

Both are clearly backround CG mistakes.. and flashes lightning makes sparks burst out, then arch and fall down? It’s a simple CG inconsistency, nothing more.

Yup both sides do it, like I acknowledged repeatedly..and neither side should… pretty clear what the focus and intent of the scenes are, the way we all nitpick these scenes and ignore focus and intent seems bad.

Also this thread has no MCU in it.

How on Earth are those people background cgi mistakes?

We as fans are supposed to analyze these feats and tell what is legit and what isn't or else we get characters who are far slower/faster or stronger/weaker than they are, we must use our sense to determine if a feat is truly a feat or an anti feat an anti feat, we have stuff like Superman/Spiderman catching a human and nothing happening to them which is impossible in real life as that person would die/be injured, so do we say that person is superpowered or when it happens to an actual super being to we discredit it because it happened to a regular one? No we analyze them to see which is legit and which isn't

This thread might not have MCU in it but you're a major MCU supporter who made a thread attacking DCEU alone about something that both sides and fans of basically every type of fiction do, so did you not think it would look a certain way? It would have been better to title the thread: Speed bias or CGI inconsistency bias but you chose to single out DCEU alone which shows your intent and that you're a polite bully tbh

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: You just had to turn a feat breakdown into a DCEU vs Marvel debate... you look just as bad as the supposed "DCEU fans" by doing that, just because a few people disagreed with you on a TASM vs DCEU thread doesn't mean there's a massive influx of DCEU fans campaigning against this feat.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this a DCEU issue? Maybe a DC movie issue? Imo the non-mcu Spider-men are more powerful than MCU spider-man particularly because they don't rely on iron man armor. Likewise other DC movie characters have better feats than DCEU characters.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this a DCEU issue? Maybe a DC movie issue? Imo the non-mcu Spider-men are more powerful than MCU spider-man particularly because they don't rely on iron man armor for their feats. Likewise other DC movie characters have better feats than DCEU characters.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@heatforce said:

How is this a DCEU issue? Maybe a DC movie issue? Imo the non-mcu Spider-men are more powerful than MCU spider-man particularly because they don't rely on iron man armor. Likewise other DC movie characters have better feats than DCEU characters.

Because it was DCEU guys in a Garfeild Spider-Man vs DCEU Flash thread that can’t accept that Garfeild outpaced electricity 10+ times on screen.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/spider-man-andrew-garfield-vs-flash-dceu-1965702/

I think the only armor that physically amped MCU Spider-Man was the iron spider.. I dont think he was amped for his best lifting feats(the ferry was stark fabric suit, turning the plane was homemade suit, holding the bell tower was street clothes, throwing car sized boulders was the Shield Stealth suit, throwing the cars was the FFH suit he made from his own webs… overpowering Cull 1 was stark fabric suit etc etc.. (The IronSpider really is only there for his vs Thanos feats .. and Endgame instakill which makes sense to me)

But MCU gas nothing to do with this thread… just Garfeild Spider-Man and DCEU.

—-

This thread was just to point out that nitpicking a scene by zooming in on backround CG mistakes and ignoring the focus and intent of the scenes is silly in my mind.

I think it’s pretty clear Garfeild outpaces electricity by a fair amount in the video in the OP(and does so again a lot in that movie).. to focus on the slightly moving people seems to break the intent of the scene for lowball IMO.

Same with the sparks falling behind DCEU flash, to say Flash and Superman are slower than falling sparks is nitpicky.. to focus on that minor CG mistake over the intent of the scene seems like silly lowball.

I’m saying both sides can and should do better.

Is that fair?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: so basically we're back to the ol' VFX people aren't scientists, which is a fine argument.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies: so basically we're back to the ol' VFX people aren't scientists, which is a fine argument.

Yes basically that, and the weird idea of focusing on backround details over the focus of the scenes.

QualiTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amen to this