• 70 results
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By danhimself

I'd also like to point out this recent reaction to bullying is incredibly ridiculous....it's why kids today are such wusses....the WWII generation has been called "The Greatest Generation" and guess what?  back then teachers were allowed to paddle students, parents were allowed to discipline kids, and kids got bullied at school...it made them tuff and allowed are country to win WWII....parents today are babying their kids and it's only going to get worse and worse to the point of everyone being a giant pansy in the future

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@danhimself: I've gotten stories like that from my dad. Those are fun.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:

I'd also like to point out this recent reaction to bullying is incredibly ridiculous....it's why kids today are such wusses....the WWII generation has been called "The Greatest Generation" and guess what?  back then teachers were allowed to paddle students, parents were allowed to discipline kids, and kids got bullied at school...it made them tuff and allowed are country to win WWII....parents today are babying their kids and it's only going to get worse and worse to the point of everyone being a giant pansy in the future  

Well coming from someone who's mom tends to call him a lot of insults most of the time, I'm not saying parents shouldn't discipline their kids but discipline can only go so far? Kids getting bullied at school doesn't make them tough, As we seen it just makes them go commit suicide, Paddling students is dumb too, If you want to discipline them give them a in-school suspension.  

Bullying is different these days, It's not one person picking on you, Sometimes it can be a mere rumor spread about you around the school and then no one wants to be your friend anymore, That cuts deep.
@_Marco_Smith_
said:

@Jnr6Lil: Why the man that whispers in my head, and tells me to light things on fire says so my good man.    

You're not making any sense
@Primmaster64
said:

@_Marco_Smith_: Oh well...should have just asked him from the begining, Do you like comics? Why not? Thanks.

I like comics but I don't let it run my life like you guys do
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@_Marco_Smith_ said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@_Marco_Smith_ said:
@Jnr6Lil: You got that right! They'll love the comics so much they'll freak out, and scream at the top of their lungs in sheer joy!
Who says they'll love the comics, Running to someone on the street, trying to get them to buy comics will freak them out.
it seems like you think that this guy is being super aggressive....haven't you ever seen newscasters on tv doing street interviews....what's the difference between this and that?
Well, apparently sheer terror starts rushing through a persons system as soon as the word, comic book is spoken :P  
 No but they're going to feel a little weirded out.
@danhimself
said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@_Marco_Smith_ said:
@Jnr6Lil: You got that right! They'll love the comics so much they'll freak out, and scream at the top of their lungs in sheer joy!
Who says they'll love the comics, Running to someone on the street, trying to get them to buy comics will freak them out.
it seems like you think that this guy is being super aggressive....haven't you ever seen newscasters on tv doing street interviews....what's the difference between this and that?
Yes but sometimes the interviewees want to be on TV or are happy to do the interview if it's a good reason, I don't think he's being super aggressive but it does sound presurring to just go to  a random person on the street and try to get them to like comics.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Jnr6Lil: Neither are you. We're perfect together!
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By danhimself
@Jnr6Lil: if you don't mind me asking...how old are you?
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:
 Prefer not to answer so I'm not judged based on my age nor should you ever judge based on someone's age over the internet.
@_Marco_Smith_
said:
@Jnr6Lil: Neither are you. We're perfect together!
Nice to know
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@danhimself said:
Prefer not to answer so I'm not judged based on my age nor should you ever judge based on someone's age over the internet.

you could just lie about your age, that's the beauty of the Internet, people always think I'm older then I am over the Internet, people have been thinking I'm in my 20's since I was 15

but after reading your posts in here, if you don't mind me asking...if you're ashamed of liking comics, why are you frequenting a forum about comics? I mean I could understand if you were here because the anonymity of it all allows you to indulge your love of comics (which I'm sure it does for many others) but you seem to be discouraging other people from their passion for comics so it seems doubtful you enjoy comics at all

I prefer not to lie so that i did pretend to be a different age and didn't act like it, then busted 

Don't get me wrong, I love comics but it is something I would be embarrassed to tell someone. You can like comics with you want but this argument is about a love of comics its about what the man was doing.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

I really wish he'd recorded the conversation with Dennis, and played it on the site.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By danhimself
@aztek_the_lost:   WELL SAID SIR!!!
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By danhimself
@aztek_the_lost said:

@danhimself said:

@aztek_the_lost: WELL SAID SIR!!!

thanks, I am rather amazing aren't I?

and as for myself, I admit I don't tell everyone I know about comics, but basically everyone I've ever had a real conversation (as in people who I've talked to about personal stuff and not just work, school, etc.) with knows I read comics...and I do talk about them more then most people want to hear, the thing is I've never tried actually loaning them a comic because I think I'm too selfish to share this treasure trove of literary and artistic genius with the non-believers! I could try going up to strangers, but most people would already write me off before I mention comics due to the way I dress :P

I wear a decent amount of comic book related t-shirts so it's pretty obvious to most people that I read comics....I don't make it a point to tell everyone I meet that I read them but if it comes up in a conversation then I'm certainly not embarrassed about them finding out....it's a part of who I am and if someone is my friend then it shouldn't matter to them what I read or don't read
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@danhimself said:

you could just lie about your age, that's the beauty of the Internet, people always think I'm older then I am over the Internet, people have been thinking I'm in my 20's since I was 15

but after reading your posts in here, if you don't mind me asking...if you're ashamed of liking comics, why are you frequenting a forum about comics? I mean I could understand if you were here because the anonymity of it all allows you to indulge your love of comics (which I'm sure it does for many others) but you seem to be discouraging other people from their passion for comics so it seems doubtful you enjoy comics at all

I prefer not to lie so that i did pretend to be a different age and didn't act like it, then busted Don't get me wrong, I love comics but it is something I would be embarrassed to tell someone. You can like comics with you want but this argument is about a love of comics its about what the man was doing.

well I would suggest that nothing said over the Internet matters...there's been people who've been outed as lying about their age, sex, etc. but in the end...they just fade back into anonymity...but that's beside the point

and IMO I don't think you love comics if you'd be embarrassed to tell someone about it, I'd compare it to (and this is probably a reference you won't get) Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia dating Carmen (the tranny) and claiming to "love" her but only being able to be around her in her own apartment and refusing to be with her in public anywhere because he's embarrassed about the little something extra she's carrying...and of course, their relationship ends because if he can't proclaim his love for her to anyone but her, then what's its worth...basically, I'm just saying, why would you be embarrassed to love comics because if you couldn't tell anyone you love them, you clearly don't care that much about them. People share what's important to them.

Comic fans should go shoving our interest down the throats of the close-minded public because it's the only way to save our industry but that's not what this guy is doing. He's just asking what they think about comics and giving them reading material, he's not pushing anything on anyone...he's giving them the opportunity to realize they love comics, how is that possibly a bad thing? He's helping them explore their own interests, not piling his own on them.

Not everyone likes comics and that's the thing, I think he's forcing it to them, even the words you're saying "give them the time to realize they love comics" sounds forceful to me. 

I like comics but I wouldn't say their my life, I would be embarassed to say it because people would look at me like "you're a lame"
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By danhimself
@Jnr6Lil:   YOU DON'T READ COMICS!????????    why are we even having this debate then?
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil:   YOU DON'T READ COMICS!????????    why are we even having this debate then?
I like comics
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By danhimself
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
but not enough to actually read them
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
No I like them, Just not going to spend my money on a comic that's only 20 pages, and my library doesn't update the shelves, Sorry if I don't dedicate my life around comics, There is other interests and hobbies, you know. So please stop acting like a fanboy.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By danhimself
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
No I like them, Just not going to spend my money on a comic that's only 20 pages, and my library doesn't update the shelves, Sorry if I don't dedicate my life around comics, There is other interests and hobbies, you know. So please stop acting like a fanboy.
I don't dedicate my life around comics either...I go kayaking, fishing, hiking and tons of other outdoor activities....how exactly am I acting like a fanboy?.....did you even read the guy's blog that I linked to?
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
I don't dedicate my life around comics either...I go kayaking, fishing, hiking and tons of other outdoor activities....how exactly am I acting like a fanboy?.....did you even read the guy's blog that I linked to?
No and I admit I may've been wrong for judging the guy based on what you told us about him 

If you don't dedicate your life around comics, then please don't judge me if I'm a comicfan that doesn't happen to actually read the comics, I was hoping I can come on here and not be judged because ComicVine is a cool place.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By danhimself
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
No and I admit I may've been wrong for judging the guy based on what you told us about him  If you don't dedicate your life around comics, then please don't judge me if I'm a comicfan that doesn't happen to actually read the comics, I was hoping I can come on here and not be judged because ComicVine is a cool place.
you need to read the guy's blog....there's no forcing of any kind involved...he's simply asking people to try something new and even willing to pay for them to try it...I'm sure he's had people tell him no or even make fun of him....but you can't let your life be dictated by other people's opinions....live your life the way you want and the way that makes you happy and no one can make fun of you for it....if you truly love something then you shouldn't be embarrassed to tell people that you love it
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
@Jnr6Lil said:
@danhimself said:
I like comics
No and I admit I may've been wrong for judging the guy based on what you told us about him  If you don't dedicate your life around comics, then please don't judge me if I'm a comicfan that doesn't happen to actually read the comics, I was hoping I can come on here and not be judged because ComicVine is a cool place.
you need to read the guy's blog....there's no forcing of any kind involved...he's simply asking people to try something new and even willing to pay for them to try it...I'm sure he's had people tell him no or even make fun of him....but you can't let your life be dictated by other people's opinions....live your life the way you want and the way that makes you happy and no one can make fun of you for it....if you truly love something then you shouldn't be embarrassed to tell people that you love it
You're right.