inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

This November, experience a friendship 65 million years in the making and a Marvel team-up that has to be seen to be believed. Today, Marvel is pleased to announce MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #1, a brand-new ongoing series launching this fall as part of All-New, All-Different Marvel. From the creative team of Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclaire and Natacha Bustos comes a story of unlikely friendship in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

Meet Lunella Lafayette, pre-teen super genius who just wants to change the world and help those in need. Possessing latent Inhuman DNA, Lunella’s unsure of what her strange future might hold. But when she stumbles on ancient Kree technology, things are about to get a whole lot stranger.

Opening a doorway to the prehistoric past, her life is turned upside down as she comes face-to-face with a towering Jurassic giant known only as DEVIL DINOSAUR! But he is not alone. Out of the portal and in to the Marvel Universe emerge the Killer-Folk – an ancient tribe of beings who will stop at nothing to acquire the alien technology!

“Something that’s the hallmark of a Marvel Hero is that they’re gifted with a power they may see as a curse. Their hero’s journey is to discover how to use it to help others,” says series Editor Mark Paniccia. “Lunella is a little genius with grand plans on going to big schools, but she’s got an Inhuman gene, unpredictable alien DNA inside that – once triggered – could take her life in a wildly different direction. She’s determined to control that change. She’s going to need to grow up really fast to survive in the new Marvel Universe…luckily she will have Devil Dinosaur at her side.”

Lunella’s about to learn the hard way that it’ll take more than just big brains to save the world. This unlikely duo are many things, but together, they’re the unstoppable Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur! Prepare for a Marvel series unlike any you’ve seen before when MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices this November!

MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #1

No Caption Provided

Written by AMY REEDER & BRANDON MONTCLARE

Art by NATACHA BUSTOS

Cover by AMY REEDER

On Sale in November!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hm kinda miss the little guy being a little caveman or whatever he was meant to be

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

In before the rage that they changed the sex of Moon Boy.....

#NOTMYMOONBOY

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

I've never even heard of these characters.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inferiorego  Staff

#NOTMYMOONBOY

In before having to explain to 50 people that Moon-Boy is still in the book, which is mentioned in 2nd paragraph.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ScrappyDont27

Glad marvel is doing an all ages book (this is kind of reminding me of Cullen Bunns book Terrible Lizard basic plot wise)

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do we need a moon girl ?? Im quite sure devil dinosaur could be alone in a series.

Before someone says How ? Isn't there a current groot series ?? No dialogue, what about the numerous godzilla books still being produced? No real dialogue.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see this being really cool for younger readers. I'll probably check it out too if for no other reason than I have an inexplicable appreciation for Devil Dinosaur.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Why do we need a moon girl ?? Im quite sure devil dinosaur could be alone in a series.

Before someone says How ? Isn't there a current groot series ?? No dialogue, what about the numerous godzilla books still being produced? No real dialogue.

Maybe because the writer wanted to write a story about both characters?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

#NOTMYMOONBOY

In before having to explain to 50 people that Moon-Boy is still in the book, which is mentioned in 2nd paragraph.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

This seems like it could be a lot of fun. I wish Amy Reeder was drawing it and not just writing though.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

egh. I'm all for diversity but it feels like it's being crammed to every nook and cranny lately, maybe try and make new diverse heroes instead of re-conning every old one? Ms. Marvel, SpiderMan, Blade, Nick Fury etc. Don't mind it here and there but it seems like a tidal wave lately.

Why even call her Moon Girl as an obvious PC replacement of Moon Boy?? Just make her her own character who befriends Devil D and kill of Moon Boy or something.

Another thing that erks me is the reconning to suit little kids, yeah great idea to pull new younger readers (maybe), but it alienates for older readers like myself.

Have I just become a grumpy, stodgy, bitter, old comic book geek or what?

/rant off

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks and sounds really adorable. Lunella Lafayette looks like she jumped out of the Steven Universe TV series (which is awesome).

locobruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Girl looks like my daughter. :-)

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say I'm against a new Devil Dinosaur comic.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

Maybe because the writer wanted to write a story about both characters?

I've never even heard of Moon girl.... moon boy yes obvisously

@rag_man said:

egh. I'm all for diversity but it feels like it's being crammed to every nook and cranny lately, maybe try and make new diverse heroes instead of re-conning every old one? Ms. Marvel, SpiderMan, Blade, Nick Fury etc. Don't mind it here and there but it seems like a tidal wave lately.

Why even call her Moon Girl as an obvious PC replacement of Moon Boy?? Just make her her own character who befriends Devil D and kill of Moon Boy or something.

Another thing that erks me is the reconning to suit little kids, yeah great idea to pull new younger readers (maybe), but it alienates for older readers like myself.

/rant off

I agree with you 100% not only that but they meaning Marvel as well as DC needs to stop changing characters to try and make their audience feel that their company is diverse...... why not just start using some of your classic characters you have sitting on the shelf..... marvel - Blade,prowler,luke cage, etc DC Static shock, Earth 2 superman, John Stewart.

Both the big 2 have numerous black, latino, and other characters of different ethnicity, why not use them instead of say making Johnny Storm and Deadshot black. that alone would appeal to all of us hardcore comic fans, whom have been around for quite a long time.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I am all for Devil Dinosaur, I have always loved that guy. Dinosaurs are the best.

Who actually cared about Moon Boy to begin with? I can't imagine people being upset about this change (or...addition, rather)...other than just wanting to be upset about change in general.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Devil Dinosaur is killing it alongside Cap in the Planet Hulk Secret Wars book.

Just saying.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:
@judasnixon said:

#NOTMYMOONBOY

No Caption Provided

some do.... but it seems like those who get the angriest don't take the time to read.

also... ugh.... young Poison Ivy...

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is also a Inhuman

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

NOW *_*

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This exactly looks pretty now nice.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm kinda miss the little guy being a little caveman or whatever he was meant to be

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Yesss!!

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree,use the characters already diverse and available rather than retcon,redo or create new ones. And I have the original Devil Dinosaur #1 from the days of Godzilla and The Shogun Warriors,etc. Kinda miss those. Moon Boy is the latest casualty in the war for divesity and political correctness or a really bad marketing plan.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree,use the characters already diverse and available rather than retcon,redo or create new ones. And I have the original Devil Dinosaur #1 from the days of Godzilla and The Shogun Warriors,etc. Kinda miss those. Moon Boy is the latest casualty in the war for divesity and political correctness or a really bad marketing plan.

For those who are Marvel purists, Moon-Boy will be in the comic book, at least for a little bit according to the creative team.

NePlusUltra51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NePlusUltra51

@gothicshieldagent: 1st people say don't change the race make new characters. Then they make new characters and people say why make new characters use the ones you have already. While i agree some could be used more, how could you be upset with diversity through new characters. Moon boy is still around Devil is just with the girl now. This political correctness is ok, the people being offended by everything is what irritates me.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Titanbreaker

@the_stegman said:

I've never even heard of these characters.

Are they any good? I know one is a T-rex but in the marvel world how does that stand up to other beings?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

/rant off

^ Two insanely stupid comments.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I'm always amazed how prejudice people can be when it comes to creating new characters or passing mantles to others who are diverse or stuff like that. Have we really learned nothing? People, if you want to complain about the addition of a new character named Moon Girl connected to Moon-Boy, then you also have to complain about Barbara Gordon or Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown being introduced as Batgirl due to their connection to Batman. It's only fair.

Seriously, why is there such hatred against new, diverse characters? If you all don't want new characters then tell DC and Marvel to stop making comics entirely and go back and only read the old stories as all there is. No more stories. That's what it seems you all want.

But I hope this does well. The premise and characters are very intriguing.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This seems like a fun series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rag_man said:

/rant off

Yup, and you can add ignorant to that list of adjectives.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Too bad Moon Girl isn't ape-like.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't look bad but something I'd never read... I didn't read allthe comments but are people really complaining about this change? I mean these are the types of characters that you guys ask to change because none of you cared about Moon boy or whatever before this

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Sweet! Definitely picking this up in the fall!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:
@judasnixon said:

#NOTMYMOONBOY

In before the rage that Marvel decided the best equivalent swap of a monkey was a black girl.

M'kay, I think I crossed the line there. Anyone reports me, this comment gets flagged: I understand. Go ahead.

Lol!

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying our comments are isanely stupid was a bit rude,when you have just disagreed with them and left it at that.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jonny_anonymous: well it's a good thing he still is then, isn't it?

@gothicshieldagent: it's not a matter of disagreement. It's a matter of fact. One person was making a big stink about a character being erased for a new "PC" version when it was already stated in the article that that the original version still existed and would be featured on the book as well

@lettsplay10:

@donmeca2020: Godzilla is a media icon and the books feature heavy focus on the humans as well if I'm not mistaken.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

will buy

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#NOTMYMOONBOY ha, I love that

Damn Marvel if shes an Inhuman, the more they are the less I care and joining the anti-mutant conspiracy.

On the book itself, if Clifford the Big Red Dog is successful then why not this (little girl with a big pet).

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: well it's a good thing he still is then, isn't it?

@gothicshieldagent: it's not a matter of disagreement. It's a matter of fact. One person was making a big stink about a character being erased for a new "PC" version when it was already stated in the article that that the original version still existed and would be featured on the book as well

@lettsplay10:

@donmeca2020: Godzilla is a media icon and the books feature heavy focus on the humans as well if I'm not mistaken.

Actually Toho studios owns Godzilla, as for Godzilla books, they were first made by Marvel, after words Dark horse Now currently IDW makes the current Godzilla comics. i know because Godzilla goes to hell is made by IDW and i bought the first issue and there ABSOLUTELY NO dialogue what so ever was in that comic.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: How is there an anti-mutant conspiracy? There are like 6 or 7 Xmen books post secret wars. The mutants aren't going anywhere. The fact that all of the other stupid theories surrounding them have been disproven, ie alternate universe for x-men blah blah blah, should tell people they're are being irrational. Seriously, people thought Marvel "killing" Deadpool was because of his movie rights but now that bastard has like five books with him in it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how they switched a monkey boy for a black girl. Really shows the intelligence level of the diversity promoters. Thank you Marvel for the laughs.

JasonBriggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I hear something about the post-secret wars universe I just can't take it seriously....I have a feeling most of these new titles will be cancelled.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wish Laming (Devil Dinosaur's current artist over on Planet Hulk) was drawing it. But oh well.

I wish it wasn't all-ages (he's a giant red T-Rex named DEVIL Dinosaur and is good at two things: killing mofos with his death machine for a head and doing Jurassic Park style roars to the heavens). But oh well.

At least they even gave us a friggin' Devil Dinosaur book.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: how is any of that relevant to what I said?

Because you said it's heavily influenced with humans..... Godzilla goes to hell has NO HUMANS at all. as for my comment about who owns him and who's made his comics, i misread your comment and i thought you said something about the company that owns him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Never cared about moon boy but loved Devil Dino so im cool with this.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: How is there an anti-mutant conspiracy? There are like 6 or 7 Xmen books post secret wars. The mutants aren't going anywhere. The fact that all of the other stupid theories surrounding them have been disproven, ie alternate universe for x-men blah blah blah, should tell people they're are being irrational. Seriously, people thought Marvel "killing" Deadpool was because of his movie rights but now that bastard has like five books with him in it.

I was half joking, theres a slim chance of Marvel doing away with X-Men. My comment was just anti-Inhuman I think theres too many of them being introduced and less mutants appearing or being killed off, but anyways theres no need to take the comment seriously.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney has another movie on their hands.